Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
anyway I wish I had bezos money so I could makes change, this world is killing me inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sniep posted:

they are saying we might get snow here near seattle which is apparently weird up here?? i grew up in grand rapids and lived in denver hte last decade so its like snow isn't that weird to me, but ppl here not much of fans it seems

seattle can have a little snow, as a treat.

but for serious we can handle a couple inches. snowing then thawing then freezing his what will getcha around here.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

i have some medical debt in collections because the hospital didn't fill out the correct forms for my insurance and so they didn't get paid and then they sent it to collections! there is no way for me to fill out that form! hooray!

also now my medications aren't being filled because my insurance again isn't getting the right forms from my doctor! i also have no way to fill out those forms!

sure am glad i'm paying $300 a month for this

what are the drugs id consider sending them depending

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

it's like -40° C out there right now, isn't it?

actually it’s 8:30 pm the sky is blue the sun is setting the buildings are orange and it 18c65f outside and there is 0 wind

it’s like the most perfect evening of the year

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Minty2018/status/1359128188400660482

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a blessed post in the cursed thread

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

didn’t they have fake guns?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Casual Encountess fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 11, 2021

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
any cold weather significant enough that we can't really have my kid play outside rn is cold enough to be bad, to me

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

big TechTV energy here, except someone is probably taking this seriously

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

shoeberto posted:

big TechTV energy here, except someone is probably taking this seriously

i'm pretty sure that's a few years old now

for example, the ticker references president obama

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

it’s an evergreen screencap as far as i’m concerned

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Look, this is a politics thread, you can't really expect me to "read" for "context"

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

the skit on the new bob and David show where they did a take on shinty was good

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

speaking of evergreen

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/11/17/crystal-ball-3 posted:

Next, Shingy stopped by the office of Erika Nardini, the chief marketing officer of AOL Advertising, and handed her an iPad Mini. “Wanted to show you a little brain fart I had on the plane,” he said. It was a cartoon he had drawn of a bear wearing zebra-print pants and a shirt covered in ones and zeros.

“Love it, love it, love it,” Nardini said. “I’m thinking of the bears more as a metaphor.”

“A thousand per cent,” Shingy said.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

ADINSX posted:

speaking of evergreen

honestly, yeah, this is about what i'd expect for a marketing person

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/jamie_agust/status/1359671985610108930

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Real nasty comments section on that one.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
shingy was good and correct, actually

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yospos will write 7,000 word essays on how the google chef was correct to be made a millionaire, but won't support that guy. makes u think

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

yospos will write 7,000 word essays on how the google chef was correct to be made a millionaire, but won't support that guy. makes u think

good for shingy making a living but it's more honorable to be the king's chef than his jester

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

good for shingy making a living but it's more honorable to be the king's chef than his jester
king-chefs probably got accused of poisoning attempts a lot more often than king-jesters ever have. more often than not by accident but dead is dead

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

in that screenshot shingy is not only accurately predicting cancelling being a social movement, but also what would take the world's most powerful and heard person into irrelevance within days of his forced "unfollowing".

pay some respect.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

what are the drugs id consider sending them depending

I got it figured out. It only took another 2 hours on hold! It turns out that "doctor writing a prescription" is apparently not enough proof that the doctor prescribed the drugs, so they have to fill out another additional authorization form

Thanks tho bud :) You'd probably get in trouble because they're a controlled substance so i get to feel like a criminal constantly for taking my broke-brain drugs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
now i’m curious! but also it’s like.. private.

regardless, glad you navigated the insurance gauntlet

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/daliagebrial/status/1359556432350375942

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

in that screenshot shingy is not only accurately predicting cancelling being a social movement, but also what would take the world's most powerful and heard person into irrelevance within days of his forced "unfollowing".

pay some respect.

that's definitely some nostradamus poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's possible to be correct while delivering your message in the most annoying possible way that causes people to ignore it, like some sort of self-cassandra

I will admit though part of my problem with shingy was my aversion to "whiz kid" worship in the tech industry, and the side corollary that doing something similar would have been way easier than actually working like I did

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah his aesthetic was hilarious garbage but there was truth behind all the hairspray and nail polish

it was like trying to get a physics lecture from an actually smart-ish tim and eric character

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Same poo poo happened in Portland OR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Portland_train_attack

respect to the guy who died to keep those women alive

There's nothing in the political culture of the US right now putting a damper on this poo poo so it's only going to get worse. There was an attack on a clinic in suburban Minneapolis yesterday and they haven't said what the impetus for the attack was so I'm figuring it's some crazy right wing bullshit.

two people died, another was critically wounded.

jeremy christian deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it's possible that the biggest failings of modern america is that we have turned prison into a literal parallel hell dimension where you have a high risk of being sexually assaulted or murdered and so whenever someone even remotely relatable does something that clearly merits their removal from society a bunch of people are like woah that's too harsh maybe we can just do nothing instead.

like white collar crime should get some prison time, but it never does because prisons are for black people and poors. that leniency seems to extend to white terrorists now too.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh no, he was convicted and sentenced to two life terms. jeremy christian will, god and the state of oregon willing, spend the rest of his life in prison.

now, that said, i do agree that our prisons are a travesty and a shame, and that white rich people get off much more easily and readily than they should.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

pay some respect.

^^

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah his aesthetic was hilarious garbage but there was truth behind all the hairspray and nail polish

mhm

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

it was like trying to get a physics lecture from an actually smart-ish tim and eric character

don’t literally doxx me

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

remembering when he said that unfriending and cutting off from social networks was going to be the next thing

he was right, just ahead of his time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

remembering when he said that unfriending and cutting off from social networks was going to be the next thing

he was right, just ahead of his time

i too am reminded of the thing everyone is talking about

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 11, 2021

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/TheKafkaDude/status/1359460454368751616

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

david shing was right about one thing. don't forget that he has also been spouting buzzwords and marketing drivel nonstop for years. stopped clock etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

david shing was right about one thing. don't forget that he has also been spouting buzzwords and marketing drivel nonstop for years. stopped clock etc.

like i said, some nostradamus poo poo