Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

aware of dog posted:

It sounds like she may have been dropped earlier too: Disney apparently was going to announce her starring role in the New Republic spinoff during their presentation in December, but her tweeting in November made them quickly change their mind

It's weird that 'being a fuckign terrible actress' wasn't enough to make them rethink having her lead a TV show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

It's weird that 'being a fuckign terrible actress' wasn't enough to make them rethink having her lead a TV show.

lol imagine having such a good gig in a job you suck at, just free money on the table forever and then messing it all up because you have to post like a facebook aunt you always mistake for a bot account

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

AngryBooch posted:

lol imagine having such a good gig in a job you suck at, just free money on the table forever and then messing it all up because you have to post like a facebook aunt you always mistake for a bot account

A gig you got off the back of a much harder gig you used to do that you were also bad at. And you've now got a niche (large, strong lady) that has very little competition. And, yeah, you somehow screw it all up.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Sidebar, I do wonder how Pascal's gonna juggle being the lead in two shows.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lol
https://twitter.com/vadimnewquist/status/1359728848166862848

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Speaking of shitheads that need to be forgotten, the entire female cast of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel just popped out the woodwork over the last 24 hours to remind us why Joss Whedon is a terrible human being.

Also Whedon got recently shitcanned by HBO from a show he was making for them called The Nevers and I just looked up the premise and it reads like someone wrote a parody of every Whedon TV show ever:

quote:

Victorian women find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies and a mission that may change the world.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The League of Extraordinary...Ladies

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

lmao

Worst of luck to Gina Carano and her future career in Dennis Prager movies

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Snowman_McK posted:

Seriously. Being generous, she barely managed being a supporting character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Probably won't be too bad since Mando is only ten episodes a year and I doubt TLoU will be much more. We might see him doing less movies.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ghostwritingduck posted:

Seriously. Being generous, she barely managed being a supporting character.

First time I ever heard of Gina Carano was when during previews for Red Laert 3, they hyped her up as Tanya’s Soviet counterpart Natasha. Yet she only appears in a single scene in the Allied campaign and the actual Natasha unit is not voiced by her. I have read unconfirmed rumors that this was because she couldn’t do a decent Russian accent which had to have been spectacularly bad since this is how low the bar is for that game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFH3Kduv3qE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZpcdp2v34

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
tbf Stormare is funny when he does Russians and Tim Curry is a treasure

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

I don't know if it's common knowledge, but Pascal's not actually in the suit unless Mando takes his helm off, which has been I think 3 scenes in both seasons. He just does the voice.

I was slightly disappointed to find this out, would've liked to see a shared credit for Brandon Wayne, the guy who's actually on screen most of the time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ah, gotta love when known lovely celebrities just push it too far and their employers can no longer just cover it up.

You'd think after Roseanne lost her revitalized show, that was loving named after her, would have been a wakeup call to these types of people, but here we are. It's really just a sign of the deeper issue going on in this country, where the reason these people say and do this poo poo is because they are convinced that they are in the right.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Not just in the right, but that they can get away with it. Because they have, in some cases all their lives. Just look at the attitudes of the Capitol insurrectionists.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Or at Tim Allen.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Roseanne at least has the weird history of having like, actual brain damage. Like her whole origin story is she was a meek little kid who got a car hood ornament skewered through the front of her brain then became an outgoing wacky comedian instantly. Her having a life of no self control after literal metal going into the part of the brain that does self control is a pretty clearcut story with a pretty predictable ending.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Speaking of which, why is it always a person possessing a car and never a car possessing a person?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Speaking of which, why is it always a person possessing a car and never a car possessing a person?

You should watch Christine.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is that what happens in the movie version? It's been a while since I've seen it, I honestly don't remember it as anything other than just an evil car that the kid became obsessed with. I know in the book the car was definitely possessed by the original owner.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Is that what happens in the movie version? It's been a while since I've seen it, I honestly don't remember it as anything other than just an evil car that the kid became obsessed with. I know in the book the car was definitely possessed by the original owner.

Yea I mean you're somewhat correct, but in the movie there's no original owner. The car is just evil and it's been that way since the moment it came off the assembly line. What happens to the main character is extremely similar to what happens to the brother of the guy that sold them the car(he tells them the story), so I definitely think you can say that the car "possessed" people in some way. It morphed them into a specific personality that they weren't before, they both went from normal friendly human beings to selfish assholes who didn't care about anything but Christine.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

In the movie version the car was just evil, and killed someone before it left the assembly line. I guess that's what you get when you paint a car red while the rest of them on the line were beige.

Last time I watched it with my roommate she said that it was killing people because it was grieving the death of it's previous owner, so I guess that's one interpretation.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Nah it's just jealousy. Once she's latched onto someone she's very "possessive", if you will. And protective.

That's why she tries to kill the girl Arnie is dating and why she tries to kill Dennis at the end, she doesn't want anybody to come between her and Arnie.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

Nah it's just jealousy. Once she's latched onto someone she's very "possessive", if you will. And protective.

That's why she tries to kill the girl Arnie is dating and why she tries to kill Dennis at the end, she doesn't want anybody to come between her and Arnie.

My roommate can have interesting interpretations of movies sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dcmLscf3g

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Borderlands movie set to be as annoying as possible as Jack Black has been cast as Claptrap.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Face/Off is back in remake form

quote:

Paramount Pictures has chosen You’re Next and Godzilla Vs. Kong director Adam Wingard to helm its re-imagining of Face/Off, the 1997 John Woo-directed action thriller that starred John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. Wingard will write the script with his scripting partner Simon Barrett and the studio will reboot the film, with new cast. Neal Moritz will produce and David Permut will be executive producer.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/face-off-remake-adam-wingard-youre-next-godzilla-vs-kong-paramount-1234690371/

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

featuring Godzilla and King Kong in the Nicolas Cage and John Travolta roles, respectively

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It’s time to stop.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

They'll never get a performance this wild and it'll be forgettable trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDnW5XxjwI8

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Borderlands movie set to be as annoying as possible as Jack Black has been cast as Claptrap.
Honestly Jack Black is better than Borderlands or Claptrap. It'll be annoying as hell but that's on the stupid rear end videogames.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
The correct casting for Claptrap is someone who should have been canceled ages ago but nobody can make it stick.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Honestly Jack Black is better than Borderlands or Claptrap. It'll be annoying as hell but that's on the stupid rear end videogames.

If you restrict Jack Black to the year 2000, yeah sure.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's not even about Jack Black. Almost everyone is too good for Borderlands the Movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I agree the performances help...but I do think Wingward will come up with something interesting. He’s made good films and I’m more confident with this than if it was someone else.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's not even about Jack Black. Almost everyone is too good for Borderlands the Movie.

Tales from the Borderlands was genuinely good, which makes exactly one game in the entire franchise.

This movie was a doomed premise from square one.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Eli Roth isn't.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Kevin Hart certainly isn’t, for that matter.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

wdarkk posted:

The correct casting for Claptrap is someone who should have been canceled ages ago but nobody can make it stick.

Randy Pitchford. Make it meta.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Fartington Butts posted:

Randy Pitchford. Make it meta.

Nobody wants Randy in their recording studio leaving pools of sweat in the booth and mysterious usb sticks in the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

muscles like this! posted:

To be honest it's ideal, you might as well try to roll with it.

It's going to be fun to watch from a distance how they manage to screw this up and what completely inexplicable arbitrary changes they make that somehow manage to be even worse than faithfully adapting the worst parts of the source material.