Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

No one else would make the thread so HERE IT IS

YEE HAW AND GADZOOKS Y'ALL ITS TIME FOR NASCAR AGAIN!
Congrats to last year's champ Chase "MAGA 2020" Elliott

Lots of changes this year to the schedule including ROAD COURSES (!!!) and LOTS OF STUPID poo poo (OF COURSE!)

other notes:
new car next year (allegedly)
kyle larson's permanent ban was actually just for like 7 months
kyle busch won the clash when chase elliott wrecked ryan blaney in the final chicane

edit: oh woops the schedule was wrong

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

welcome concerned SAS citizens wondering about the name, Kyle Larson called someone the N word on live tv and got away with it :tipshat:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

here we go

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

gently caress Kyle Larson.

Bubba Wallace :getin:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
73rd and final NASCAR season

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I don't know about you, but I like it when the PLAYOFFS for all three series start on three different weeks. That's not confusing, no siree.

As for actual news, in perhaps the most random Speedweeks entry we've seen in a LONG time, Rich Bickle is running the ARCA race.
https://twitter.com/richbickle/status/1359875581035360258/photo/1

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

If you're going to watch racin' this weekend don't forget to join the Discord if you haven't already:

https://discord.gg/2vZRyYA

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

we were talking in discord about how dumb the duel is so here's my idea to set the 500:
Top 2 Qualifiers are the pole sitters
Top 10 in each of the twin races get in
The 16 Chase drivers from last year get a provisional so they get in
That leaves 2+ spots available (depending on where the 16 Chase drivers end up) that you hand out on time OR you can do something fun and have the past champions provisional and a diversity spot for a woman/non-white dude/minority-owned team to get a freebie if they miss the race otherwise

edit: the fun part is, aside from the twin races you can do all this for the rest of the year too. The Chasers get their Free Pass and everyone else actually has to work to make the race.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Honestly it's not any worse than what they're doing now, but lol can you imagine the pearl clutching if they did an "affirmative action" provisional?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Peanut President posted:

we were talking in discord about how dumb the duel is so here's my idea to set the 500:
Top 2 Qualifiers are the pole sitters
Top 10 in each of the twin races get in
The 16 Chase drivers from last year get a provisional so they get in
That leaves 2+ spots available (depending on where the 16 Chase drivers end up) that you hand out on time OR you can do something fun and have the past champions provisional and a diversity spot for a woman/non-white dude/minority-owned team to get a freebie if they miss the race otherwise

edit: the fun part is, aside from the twin races you can do all this for the rest of the year too. The Chasers get their Free Pass and everyone else actually has to work to make the race.

I like it, but what happens if the Chase drivers finish in the top 10? Just keep going down the previous year's standings until you get an equal number?

And dear God, somebody would run Natalie Decker in a car with a guaranteed spot and it would be ugly.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Elitist Bitch posted:

Honestly it's not any worse than what they're doing now, but lol can you imagine the pearl clutching if they did an "affirmative action" provisional?

Yeah it'd rule! Especially when you get someone pulling an Elizabeth Warren

CBJSprague24 posted:

I like it, but what happens if the Chase drivers finish in the top 10? Just keep going down the previous year's standings until you get an equal number?

And dear God, somebody would run Natalie Decker in a car with a guaranteed spot and it would be ugly.

the top 10 thing is first, the 16 chase guys just get a free pass *if* they finish out of the top 10, everyone left is time

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Jesus Christ how did NASCAR not throw the yellow with Cope doing 3 mph on the back stretch :gonk:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Please rise and remove your hats for the National Anthem of the tertiary NASCAR series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlZdQyBpo3s

(Now on FOX Sports 1.)

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
So, then there's this:

Brian Vickers Didn't Retire Because of Blood Clots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHoPF3NqDac

Oh boy.

I'm just posting this cuz I found it crazy. I forget where I even found this.

Edit: I found it watching British people reacting to NASCAR crashes.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Pretty damning that Brian hasn't bothered to leave the marriage considering it's knowledge his wife was with Epstein.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev26vU6_TOo

Race fans, it's time for the main event of the weekend. Yes, it's not the last race of Speedweeks but (typically) the first.

:siren: LOL ARCA is next on FOX Sports 1. :siren: :getin:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

welcome concerned SAS citizens wondering about the name, Kyle Larson called someone the N word on live tv and got away with it :tipshat:

technically it was a heated gaming moment

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm going to make The Allen Bestwick Memorial "If You're New to NASCAR" Effortpost in case there are new fans tuning in for the Daytona 500:

NASCAR Cup Series: The top level of NASCAR, not the top level of entertainment. This is where your stars are and where everyone wants to end up. The racing hasn't been that great in the last few years because they keep screwing around with the aero package, but we'll have a new car next year which hopefully doesn't suck as much.

Top drivers: Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex, Jr., Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski.

NASCAR Xfinity Series: NASCAR's B-league. Prior to about 2006, this series was fun, with a mix of up-and-coming driver and washouts from the Cup series, with occasional appearances by Cup series drivers. From 2006-2018 or so, this series was rear end, but it's made a comeback to its old mix of drivers the last couple years and is almost more fun than Cup. The AHL to the NHL.

Top drivers: Justin Allgaier, Austin Cindric

NASCAR Gander Outdoors Camping World Truck Series: NASCAR's tertiary series which races:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlZdQyBpo3s

TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS. The only series which makes tracks like Kansas and Texas entertaining.

Top drivers: Matt "Winless 2019 Champion" Crafton, Johnny Sauter, Brett Moffitt, John Hunter Nemechek.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

"Denny Hamlin is dropping to the back, maybe he's looking for Bubba Wallace back there" lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmao

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

getting into a wreck with derrick cope is an inauspicious start to bubba's season

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Wreck 'em if you've got' em

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

rip every car

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

a masterclass in bump drafting from christopher bell

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

race is red flagged, go home

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1361067391413813249

FOX:
-Starts the race at 3pm EST to get the West Coast Audience in.
-Leaves no margin for error in case of delays.
-May postpone the resumption of the race because of the premier of a game show hosted by the dorky guy from American Pie.

:downsbravo:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Hail and slow motion snow on the start finish line.

This is fine.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

the best season ever

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I for one am excited that Cherries wild will be happening.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
gently caress nascar for my now knowing that show exists.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If they restart tomorrow at 4 p.m., that's 1 p.m. out west. How will the beloved West Coast Audience see the race? Won't someone PLEASE think of West Coast Audience?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

If they restart tomorrow at 4 p.m., that's 1 p.m. out west. How will the beloved West Coast Audience see the race? Won't someone PLEASE think of West Coast Audience?

Can't speak for any of the rest of the West Coast Audience, but I took tomorrow off thinking there was more than an outside chance the race would get rain delayed. :hawksin:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

tomorrow is a holiday

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
West Coast here, I'm going to do other life stuff. The 99 is a DNF so whatever. What a stupid start to the season (a thing said every season)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
How is Cherries Wild, everyone?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

AsInHowe posted:

How is Cherries Wild, everyone?

It looks like a rerun nascar preseason race

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1361124959138033671?s=19

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

tomorrow is a holiday

Not for me.

I actually have a double whammy. The campus is already closed tomorrow due to an impending snowstorm, but everyone working from home has to work since it wasn't a holiday anyway. :suicide: