Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

there are exceptions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYLlHjzi6X0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Did they ever say how extensive Bowser's Fury is? I can't imagine it's like a full game but I don't know how many levels there are

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's one level.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
theres one thing i know for sure about bowsers fury: mario is in it

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

theres one thing i know for sure about bowsers fury: mario is in it

mario

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Trousers Fury.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

Did they ever say how extensive Bowser's Fury is? I can't imagine it's like a full game but I don't know how many levels there are
official word is "short but action packed"

unofficial word: around three hours to beat, six hours to 100%

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah reviews make it seem like it's about the size of a small mario odyssey world, but with a manic rush to the whole thing

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

The Kins posted:

official word is "short but action packed"

unofficial word: around three hours to beat, six hours to 100%

i was hoping it'd be around an astro's playroom length so it actually being exactly an astro's playroom length is sick

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

i was hoping it'd be around an astro's playroom length so it actually being exactly an astro's playroom length is sick

please use a nintendo unit of measurement

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyve released a bunch of more bowsers fury gameplay but I dont want to be spoiled on the epicness

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's just an Odyssey level but with cat poo poo instead of Cappy.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

It's just an Odyssey level but with cat poo poo instead of Cappy.

i agree, it sounds epic

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What's the consensus on Odyssey, so many years later? I still love it a lot.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it’s good.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

b_d posted:

it’s good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It controls like a dream, but the world design feels kinda flat to me personally. I'd probably rank to between the Galaxies in terms of 3D Marios.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

its the best one

e: i thought we were talking about 3d world. odysseys cool but too easy. at the time i said it was my favorite exploration mario but now with hindsight id say 64 is still better. odyssey over galaxy 1 and sunshine for sure though

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 11, 2021

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it's my favorite 3d mario

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ngl I feel like every 3D Mario would benefit from cappy, knockin the hats off goofy enemies and capturing them just makes me laugh and smile and I think that’s basically what the Shig wants

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

odyssey is awesome.

the moons are pointless cause the game gives you 400 of them in plain sight and that couldve been handled better but it owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Odyssey is great. I'd prefer smaller/tighter level design as there's a few stretched out empty areas that feels very un-Mario but it's not enough to sour the experience at all

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

NienNunb posted:

What's the consensus on Odyssey, so many years later? I still love it a lot.

I loved it intensely and will definitely play it again, but it’s my first and only 3D Mario.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i really like it, IMO it's third to 64 and Galaxy 2

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
anyone else gonna hit up BK this weekend for the Mario Burger?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Odyssey kicks major rear end

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Squeezy Farm posted:

anyone else gonna hit up BK this weekend for the Mario Burger?

Holy poo poo

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i really like it, IMO it's third to 64 and Galaxy 2

its hard for me to rank what i consider to be the "mainline 3d marios" cuz 64, Sunshine and Odyssey are all kind of in their own collectathon genre separate from the Galaxies which is more obstacle course based. with that in mind Odyssey > Sunshine > 64

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

odyssey is my favorite and i don't think it's too easy. like, sunshine probably has 2-3 shines that are harder than everything except jump rope, but the harder moons in odyssey are harder than anything in galaxy or mario 64.

i think some of the moons just getting handed to you is intentional, it means little kids can probably beat the game and that you always feel like you're making slow progress toward getting em all.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
odyssey owns. the progression from the boss of the luncheon kingdom to the endgame to the post endgame was pure joy

i was like, ok now i'm fighting this guy in a big bowl of soup, then bam you're fighting a super gritty dragon in a castle, then you're in bowser's kingdom but it's japanese themed, then you go to the freakin moon and then when you beat the game by turning into bowser, you unlock peach's castle from mario 64

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

You can dress Mario like a mariachi. Perfect game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

You can dress Mario like a mariachi. Perfect game

This.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

New Donk City is my favorite 3D Mario level

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

smiled like a huge loving idiot when there's a sleeping t-rex for you to take over right in the first level

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

smiled like a huge loving idiot when there's a sleeping t-rex for you to take over right in the first level

I like that there's a level where you have to ride away from one on a motorcycle and then, later, they do the same level but take the motorcycle away.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NienNunb posted:

New Donk City is my favorite 3D Mario level

It's real fun to get way high up and just long jump somewhere to see where you land

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

when you find a scooter at nearly the highest point in the map.... thank you Nintendo

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Played through New Luigi U for the first time, it was pretty fun. Had to play most of the game on mute though because the fast music hosed with me.

Those poison purple lake levels suck.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Don't mind if I do