Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Holy poo poo an actual internet LOTR nerd knew/acknowledged that Rosie Cotton existed. I'm actually surprised.

I shut down my computer already so I had to make this from my phone

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 06:22 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

George H.W. oval office posted:

https://www.gq.com/story/what-ever-happened-to-brendan-fraser

Brendan Fraser is cool and its a sad story of what happened to a guy who was well on his way to being a super star for a long while.

oh my god right at the start of the article

quote:

Brendan Fraser wants me to meet his horse. “I got this horse because it's a big horse,” he says, standing in a barn in Bedford, New York. He removes a green bandanna from his pocket and gently wipes the animal's eyes. The horse's name is Pecas—the Spanish word for freckles.

Do you think he knows, or is this some kind of meme serendipity???

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

flavor.flv posted:

I shut down my computer already so I had to make this from my phone

Sam and Frodo's whole image flip.com

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

apatheticman posted:

Sam and Frodo's whole image flip.com

Understandable mistake, but imgflip.com is a watermark. It doesn't help that there's a typo, it should say "ignores Sam and Frodo's hole"

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I can’t remember which I got mocked by my friends more for over the years, using subtitles or flipping the y-axis for look on any game I use a controller for.

Probably the controller, there would usually be one console and each player got one multiplayer round and I was the only one that had to futz with the settings?

OwlFancier posted:

Broke: tank controls
Woke: airplane controls.

I tried to explain my thought process by saying imagine you’re using your thumb on the back of your eyeball but I don’t invert horizontal so that analogy breaks the gently caress down real quick so flight control is definitely where it started

Tenkaris has a new favorite as of 08:13 on Feb 11, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Woke: airplane controls.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Hardcordion posted:

This is almost as embarrassing as when Numa Numa Guy tried to make a comeback.

nah it rules bc Rebecca Black totally owns up to how cringe her breakout song was and just dgaf anymore

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I flip the Z axis.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ShoogaSlim posted:

nah it rules bc Rebecca Black totally owns up to how cringe her breakout song was and just dgaf anymore

But she's still cringe?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Yoke: airplane controls.

ftfy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

WITCHCRAFT posted:

oh my god right at the start of the article

quote:

Brendan Fraser wants me to meet his horse. “I got this horse because it's a big horse,” he says, standing in a barn in Bedford, New York. He removes a green bandanna from his pocket and gently wipes the animal's eyes. The horse's name is Pecas—the Spanish word for freckles.
Do you think he knows, or is this some kind of meme serendipity???
okay, what?

oh, it's the ants bit isn't it

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

George H.W. oval office posted:

https://www.gq.com/story/what-ever-happened-to-brendan-fraser

Brendan Fraser is cool and its a sad story of what happened to a guy who was well on his way to being a super star for a long while.

Anyway wheez the juice y'all

I've never seen the word "cum" used so many times in a single sentence.
Brendan Goddamn Fraser.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Synonymous posted:

I've never seen the word "cum" used so many times in a single sentence.

https://youtu.be/F_sxYXSGtp8

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsKsvKQJDU0

Wait gently caress you said in a single sentence

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zzulu posted:

But she's still cringe?

Trust fund pop has grown up into cringecore.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cara Dune had a stroke after her last high-G burn

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Zzulu posted:

But she's still cringe?

Not even a little bit. She's spent the last decade making much smaller music and some of it is even pretty decent. Hiring Big Freedia to help her remix the song that ruined her teenage years actually rules.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zzulu posted:

But she's still cringe?

The only thing worse than being cringe, is not being cringe. Or something to that effect.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I flip the Z axis.

That's just a half A press.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:hmmyes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

:negative:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

missing the two lines for Double Dragon

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Considering the online and real-life bullying and abuse Black went through aged 13, I think she came out of it pretty well.

She's just having fun with that video. She could have made a serious remix, with decent arrangement to show that she's actually an OK singer, but she doesn't really give a hoot.

Instead she made a big gay hyperpop version with the autotune turned up to max and slapped a 2011-era donk on it.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I'm pretty sure the Friday remix is supposed to be cringe on purpose, it both a) sounds nothing like what she's been doing recently and b) is literally produced by one half of 100 gecs; the whole overtly grating, hyperpop, almost nightcore aesthetic is kind of their whole schtick from my understanding. Dorian Electra (the feature that might be least familiar to the thread) does similar things with their music, lots of choices that you're deliberately supposed to be unnerved by

Also the fact 3oh!3 is on there when they haven't been relevant since 2008/the video including rage comic characters. Like it's clearly just a bit versus the original Friday

Edit: yes "big gay hyperpop" is actually a great descriptor, pretty much everybody involved (besides 3oh!3) also has notable ties to the lgbt community. Love to see it

Blood Nightmaster has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Feb 11, 2021

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"ok Rebecca, let's write this thing. let's run through your typical Friday"

"well, I get up and get dressed, then I go downstairs"

*jots "go downstairs" on notepad*

"go... downstairs... this is great stuff Rebecca, great stuff"

"then I eat some cereal"

"brilliant! this is really speaking to me"

also it's the director of radioactive man

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Blood Nightmaster posted:

I'm pretty sure the Friday remix is supposed to be cringe on purpose, it both a) sounds nothing like what she's been doing recently and b) is literally produced by one half of 100 gecs; the whole overtly grating, hyperpop, almost nightcore aesthetic is kind of their whole schtick from my understanding. Dorian Electra (the feature that might be least familiar to the thread) does similar things with their music, lots of choices that you're deliberately supposed to be unnerved by

Also the fact 3oh!3 is on there when they haven't been relevant since 2008/the video including rage comic characters. Like it's clearly just a bit versus the original Friday

Edit: yes "big gay hyperpop" is actually a great descriptor, pretty much everybody involved (besides 3oh!3) also has notable ties to the lgbt community. Love to see it

Dorian Electra is also extremely memeable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDb1oTfcmCI

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Data Graham posted:

I appreciate this reference

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://twitter.com/Zari_Wari/status/1359632057777999878?s=20

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I can absolutely see Nick doing that.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Bespoke: bicycle controls

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
StarFox 64 controls is more like it.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ten years ago "Friday" debuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCFOcqsnc9Y

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Why wouldn't she post the video on Friday? What a travesty.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tenkaris posted:

I tried to explain my thought process by saying imagine you’re using your thumb on the back of your eyeball but I don’t invert horizontal so that analogy breaks the gently caress down real quick so flight control is definitely where it started

Could be worse, you could need inverted controls only when you are piloting a vehicle despite the fact that the actual control process is literally the same in a video game.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
When you look at your shoes, which way do you bend?

Inverted Y for life.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

When you look at your shoes, which way do you bend?

Inverted Y for life.

I bend down. So I would hit down on the stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Imagine the control stick is rigidly sticking out of your character's head. Which direction do you push to make them look up or down

QED inverted is objectively correct deal with it :flipoff: