Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I'll say there is no such thing as having too much of the vaccine, but isn't that more than we need when you factor in how kids are not approved and a large portion of the population would never take it? When would clinical trials be ready to approve the vaccine for children?

2020 census puts us at 335M people on the high estimate. 295M is 10 and up, and 316M is school age of 5 and up.

edit: I guess estimates are saying that 12 and up could be approve by spring. I guess that makes sense with 300M shots by then

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Biden has a 98% approval rating among Democrats. The highest intra-party support ever recorded by Gallup.

It turns out that doing left-wing things makes left-wing Democrats like you and seems to have no negative impact on conservative or moderate Democrats' opinion of you.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/329348/biden-begins-term-job-approval.aspx

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's 2021, so here's your daily news that sounds fake, but is real:

In November, federal police arrested Bruce Springsteen for a DUI despite blowing 1/4 of the legal limit and kept it secret.

https://www.app.com/story/news/local/courts/2021/02/10/springsteen-blew-0-02-quarter-legal-limit-source-says/6712582002/

At least this gets that lovely Jeep commercial off the air.

That and the Dolly Parton one were just... sad.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kalit posted:

Ugh, gently caress this. Also, here's an article about it: https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/grand-jury-dismisses-case-against-buffalo-police-officers-who-pushed-protester-at-niagara-square

Not much about the reasoning. It seems like maybe because Gugino technically broke the law, the police could assault/kill him? Or maybe I'm reading too much into Flynn's comments.

As always, it's because the prosecutor doesn't want to bring charges, so they made the grand jury not vote to bring them.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1359880882178453506

Not gonna lie, of all the weird culture war topics or political issues for the right-wing to latch onto I am still somewhat surprised that "Hollywood celebrities being treated unfairly" really seems to get them jazzed.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

In November, federal police arrested Bruce Springsteen for a DUI despite blowing 1/4 of the legal limit and kept it secret.

https://www.app.com/story/news/local/courts/2021/02/10/springsteen-blew-0-02-quarter-legal-limit-source-says/6712582002/

I was taught that the legal limit is de facto evidence - if you blow over the limit, you're guilty of DWI regardless of anything else.

If you're driving oddly or give the cops any reason to pull you over and blow anything over 0.00, they can still charge you with it.

Given the charges, it sounds like he gave them plenty of reason and had open beers on him.

We'll have to see what the details are when they come out, but it doesn't seem crazy on the surface.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 12, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

what i love it the only reason they cared was some evangelical "youth" online group got mad that "one of them GAYS" were being a speaker as cspac. so they dumbed it. GOP will always stab you in the back if your a minority, no matter how fashy you are.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Ah yes those renowned girly-girls, Leia Organa and Padmé Amidala (blaster pistol / galactic senate pod included).

Edit - I know it’s Ted Cruz but the whole thing is just so wilfully stupid. Like even if you call Leia a victim princess because she’s the damsel in the first film, she’s the damsel because she was caught running stolen Death Star plans, and as soon as they break her out she’s like “welp I’m out of prison...so there’s this thermal exhaust port, let’s get some fighters and blow it up”. In Empire she’s seeing the absolute last of the rearguard onto their transports and fleeing just ahead of Darth Vader’s personal arrival in the rebel hangar. And in ROTJ she is one of three senior officers in charge of a stealth landing behind enemy lines.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck you Ted Cruz.

Edit edit — she loving murders scout troopers on speeder bikes in thick forest. gently caress YOU TED CRUZ

Edit edit edit - probably one of her girliest moments in the whole series is when she gets shot and Han shelters her...which is followed quickly by her blasting two storm troopers.

If Sylvester McCoy got fired for saying chug poo poo Ted Cruz would be like “his portrayal of Radagast finally brought a wizard of true power to the Lord of the Rings”.

The Artificial Kid fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 12, 2021

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

FizFashizzle posted:

Ted Cruz endorsing Rose erasure smdh

Exactly. Though I suspect he's too much of a piece of poo poo to ever enjoy any media and this is just his aides telling him to get on twitter and say he liked gina carano

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i love how Milo blew his load too early , like wait a few more months and regressives would be okay defending paedofillia for their team and he might have survived* and still be griefing.

*thats unlikely, he's a gay token funded by someone's dark money, he's a disposable tool.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah pretty much. these guys gently caress themselves because they don't just apologize and than try to change. they don't they just double down.

yeah. also i agree. i like most of the new star wars stuff but i hate the communitie outside SA, its just people screaming about politics and poo poo or chuds getting mad about stupid poo poo.

https://twitter.com/dburbach/status/1359989460918755330

have some ACAB.

Yeah and for a good chunk of games and poo poo it's censorship this censorship that even when people are just making poo poo up and there's literally nothing being censored.

This to me remains the QAnon of the gaming sphere in that it's based out of complete nonsense that just plain isn't reality based. It seems to stem from some policy change Playstation made several years ago that right wing outlets seized on and deliberately twisted to be some vast censorship conspiracy when mainly it seems it was more about tightening up guidelines for what gets you the MA and X ratings in games versus T and by proxy what they may not carry on the Playstation Store because it got upgraded from MA to X. As far as I've ever been able to tell all this affected were a small handful of niche anime games that already had an incredibly limited audience, but somehow this one event seems to have turned a substantial chunk of gamers into whiny single issue gamer babies who only seem to care about weird fanservice sexual stuff anymore and insisting anything along those lines is going to be censored (it's probably not if it's not depicting a minor in some gross pedophilic way and even then there's some surprisingly broad latitude given in that regard) that seem completely out of touch with the reality of current gaming trends and barely seem to care about actual games as entertainment anymore so much as an arena to talk about their weird racist/sexist views. They also insist that Playstation has this magic power to affect all versions and all online distribution outlets and make them kowtow to some sort of liberal censorship hegemony even though you know.......Steam.

I still cite the example of FFVII remake and this insistence by more "concerned gamers" than I care to count that the character Tifa Lockhart who is a martial artist and kind of noted for having a very large bust would have her bust sized reduced to coincide with some "woke Playstation conspiracy" they believe in and then eventually the trailer showed the character and she still had a large bust and tons of gamer's just kind of double thought that away and didn't have much to say about the portrayal of her in game skill set and insisted that there was some conspiracy against whatever the gently caress and that Playstation had made the developer Square Enix "ruin the character". If you ask me they vastly improved on her portrayal along with a ton of other characters, but I digress. Ironically they even published a guidebook for the game sometime last year in Japanese which stated the character had like American 32" DDD bust size anyway (they do that poo poo over there, don't ask) which is pretty loving ridiculous for a martial artist and well above average period, but facts like this still don't seem to matter in the face of ragey conspiracy horny Chud poo poo who once they decide something is happening or there's a conspiracy against them seemingly nothing can convince them otherwise, much like with Qultists.

There's so much of this poo poo now it's loving destroying (destroyed?) my ability to have normal conversations with other gamer's outside of places like SA's games board because so many of them believe so intensely in this great Playstation censorship conspiracy and act like whiny babies instead of just enjoying a video game or not on it's actual merits as a game. Like conversations that would have been easy to have a decade ago and not lead down some weird rabbit whole of conspiracy poo poo.

Isn't conservatism just the greatest? :rolleyes:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

At least the consolation prize is that the family can sue the gently caress out of the state and police department in civil court and will probably get a shitload of money. Those cops deserve to go to jail, though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Glad to see Biden undoing more of Trump's BS assault on poor people

https://twitter.com/adamcancryn/status/1359993776220102662?s=20

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Deteriorata posted:

I was taught that the legal limit is de facto evidence - if you blow over the limit, you're guilty of DWI regardless of anything else.

If you're driving oddly or give the cops any reason to pull you over and blow anything over 0.00, they can still charge you with it.

Given the charges, it sounds like he gave them plenty of reason and had open beers on him.

We'll have to see what the details are when they come out, but it doesn't seem crazy on the surface.

He was on a motorcycle and didn't have open beers on him.

I can kind of see pulling him over initially, but when he blew next to nothing and had been driving for 100 feet, it seems weird to arrest him and keep it a secret.

It wasn't a Trump conspiracy to get Springsteen or anything, but some federal police were being very aggressive in pressing those charges.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Biden has a 98% approval rating among Democrats. The highest intra-party support ever recorded by Gallup.

It turns out that doing left-wing things makes left-wing Democrats like you and seems to have no negative impact on conservative or moderate Democrats' opinion of you.

Honest question: What left-wing things has Biden done specifically? I can't actually think of a single progressive thing Biden has done yet.

Edit* He has done a lot of liberal things, some of them quite good! Just uh, I can't really think of anything that falls under the definition of progressive.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 12, 2021

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

having biden come into the office and instantly blow trumps meaningless 95% republican approval stat completely out of the water has me smiling so hard

the best part is that biden doesn't even care, because why would you?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FlamingLiberal posted:

Glad to see Biden undoing more of Trump's BS assault on poor people

https://twitter.com/adamcancryn/status/1359993776220102662?s=20

What were the other Trump "signature health policies"?

Because the only major changes he made to healthcare law were the Medicaid work requirement, giving waivers to states to privatize Medicaid expansion, and implementing a VA reform that passed in 2014.

Calling those last two "signature healthcare policies" seems very generous.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

I can kind of see pulling him over initially, but when he blew next to nothing and had been driving for 100 feet, it seems weird to arrest him and keep it a secret.

It wasn't a Trump conspiracy to get Springsteen or anything, but some federal police were being very aggressive in pressing those charges.

ACAB?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I really hope those buffalo cops end up waking up to a tv screen with a creepy doll on it turning towards them and saying "Hello officers. You don't seem to value life that much so it's time to play a game..." and then the Saw music kicks in.

Actually come to think of it, just start Saw movies over and have it only feature conservative "hero's".

I'm not advocating for violence Mods. Just a joke/movie pitch I'm off to write.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cops are probably not huge Springsteen fans and that is about all it takes for some of them.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1359880882178453506

Not gonna lie, of all the weird culture war topics or political issues for the right-wing to latch onto I am still somewhat surprised that "Hollywood celebrities being treated unfairly" really seems to get them jazzed.

They have so few they have to defend every one of them to the absolute death

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He wasn't even driving erratically. Fans saw him and asked him to stop and he pulled over, posed for selfies with them, and they gave him a shot. He took the shot and the police who were watching the whole time pulled him over the second his vehicle moved again.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The Artificial Kid posted:

Ah yes those renowned girly-girls, Leia Organa and Padmé Amidala (blaster pistol / galactic senate pod included).

I guess he forgot about the scene where Leia chokes a slug monster to death with it's own chain to escape or where the Separatists set up a rigged arena fight with a feral beast that Padme still wins with some quick thinking and athleticism that if I recall involves a call back in again using the chain that was supposed to be binding her against it to swing around and crush it's wind pipe with a well placed kick. Neither of these characters are what I'd call great fighters and Luke and Anakin still do most of the heavy lifting in these sequences in filling that type of role, but they get by pretty goddamn well all things considered and take care of themselves.

There's also those expanded universe characters like Mara Jade and Ahsoka Tano, and literal possible most powerful Jedi ever (that isn't Yoda at his peak) Rey that actually are white I'd call exceptional combatants, but again I'm just basing these things off of things I've observed and recall and not some sliding scale of conservative reality bending culture war poo poo to fit a prescribed narrative.

e: Speaking of Natalie Portman I can't wait for conservative culture war advocates like Ted Cruz and Donald Trump Jr. to be very concerned when *Thor Comic Book poo poo* she takes over as Thor insisting it's "woke regendering of a character" (this is canon in some comic book continuities anyway where depending on the story arc Jane Foster becomes either Thor or Valkyrie) and Chris Hemsworth almost certainly coming in to shut them down hard. It feels almost preordained. It's pretty well known at this point too how little love there is lost between most of the Avengers cast (particularly Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo) and Republicans.

Kale fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 12, 2021

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Sarcastro posted:

Pascal's sister just came out (is that the right term?) as transgender as well, and he issued a warm and loving statement, which makes me wonder if he didn't tell Disney "enough is loving enough" here.

It's possible, but apparently they spoke after her pronoun "jokes" and she recanted. Of course he might have said "more poo poo like this and I walk" too.

He died of covid recently.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 12, 2021

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Cops are probably not huge Springsteen fans and that is about all it takes for some of them.

How does one become a sworn officer in New Jersey without being a Springsteen fan. You would think it was part of their oath.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Edmund Lava posted:

How does one become a sworn officer in New Jersey without being a Springsteen fan. You would think it was part of their oath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMqWAiWPMs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Honest question: What left-wing things has Biden done specifically? I can't actually think of a single progressive thing Biden has done yet.

Edit* He has done a lot of liberal things, some of them quite good! Just uh, I can't really think of anything that falls under the definition of progressive.

I dunno maybe try googling stuff or something instead of coming in demanding that we explain how sanctions on the Burmese military works and the like with answers that you can literally put into a search bar verbatim. But in this case, a great example is the over 10x increase in the refugee cap, a position too left-wing to have majority support.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

Can't we hit the fucker with federal charges already? Barr is loving gone now

Jesus christ who is the loving chud judge in charge of this case?

I believe the technical term is 'chudge'.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Edmund Lava posted:

They're from F Street.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1360002429572505602

If you're curious why the AG of Texas was so hellbent on helping out the Big Boy. And yet, unpardoned.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

having biden come into the office and instantly blow trumps meaningless 95% republican approval stat completely out of the water has me smiling so hard

the best part is that biden doesn't even care, because why would you?

Biden should totally making a gloating tweet about that.

"Highest approval by party in history! Working hard! Thank you!"

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Pick posted:

I dunno maybe try googling stuff or something instead of coming in demanding that we explain how sanctions on the Burmese military works and the like with answers that you can literally put into a search bar verbatim. But in this case, a great example is the over 10x increase in the refugee cap, a position too left-wing to have majority support.

The refugee thing is huge. By comparison, the United Kingdom in 2019 let in 11,596 refugees lol.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He wasn't even driving erratically. Fans saw him and asked him to stop and he pulled over, posed for selfies with them, and they gave him a shot. He took the shot and the police who were watching the whole time pulled him over the second his vehicle moved again.

Well that is just absolutely hosed and they're still gonna get him on it. :bang:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Darkrenown posted:

It's possible, but apparently they spoke after her pronoun "jokes" and she recanted. Of course he might have said "more poo poo like this and I walk" too.

They did! She released some generic "I stand against bullying in all forms tweet" between the first two seasons after he talked to her. A week later she changed her pronouns in her twitter bio to beep/boop so it didn't take.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zwabu posted:

I'm genuinely impressed that Biden is so overwhelmingly hell-bent on his cornerstone campaign promise, to be very boring for the media to cover.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

ILL Machina posted:

The straw that broke the camel's back was apparently Carrano saying that being a Republican today was like being a Jew in the Holocaust.

This was also after Lucasfilm was pissed at her after her comments about 1/6 (on top of all the other poo poo she said), where she had to go to them and privately apologize, with the understanding that she was on her last chance to save what could have been a starring role in her own show.

Then she goes "being a Republican right now is just like being a jew in Nazi Germany!"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Edit* Not worth the effort.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Biden had a very nice information packed briefing at the NIH about vaccine rollout, with a lot of numbers. A refreshing change, to say the least.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

This was also after Lucasfilm was pissed at her after her comments about 1/6 (on top of all the other poo poo she said), where she had to go to them and privately apologize, with the understanding that she was on her last chance to save what could have been a starring role in her own show.

Then she goes "being a Republican right now is just like being a jew in Nazi Germany!"

Yeah they gave her several chances to stop being a loud rear end in a top hat on Twitter and her response was to either double down or complain after having to apologize for saying something terrible/prejudiced/stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Zwabu posted:

also
"Still tweeting! They'll never stop me from getting the word out to the American people!"

just twist that knife in the Orange a bit more, thank you sir.