Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

haveblue posted:

I will only recommend that you have a plan in mind for your next several moves before pressing that X

Thematically that makes sense but it's not like it really matters if you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

haveblue posted:

good setting, bad plot

the plot, is sublime

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Developer Changes Name to 'Very Positive' to Fool Steam Users

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Comic books are visual novels

:eyepop:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Today in Liberty City I robbed a bank and shot my way out through a mountain of cops and escaped through the subway it was loving awesome :stwoon:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Last one out of Liberty City, burn it to the ground

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Rarity did you try out the swings yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Convex posted:

Rarity did you try out the swings yet

I CAN SWING ON THE SWINGS WHAT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway I did a Google and Three Leaf Clover is regarded as one of the best missions in the franchise and hell, I can't argue with that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

So can your car, it's good clean fun

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Looper posted:

i watched the cgi remake of the first pokemon movie last night and it was better than expected. the human models varied from creepy to weird but most of the pokemon looked at least okay and the english dub hewed closer to the original script this time. it's still shot for shot the same movie with a somewhat worse coat of paint, but this makes it far from the worst pokemon movie I've seen

It's not shot for shot they changed the boat scene and lost the Minnesota Vikings joke :(

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

SeXReX posted:

It's not shot for shot they changed the boat scene and lost the Minnesota Vikings joke :(

What is this heresy?!?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Rarity posted:

Anyway I did a Google and Three Leaf Clover is regarded as one of the best missions in the franchise and hell, I can't argue with that

:hai:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the cute ferry song team rocket does instead of the vikings joke is better

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

it's literally just them ripping off heat

if you want an entire game of ripping off heat play payday 2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grapplejack posted:

it's literally just them ripping off heat

And Vice City was them just ripping off Scarface and it's the most beloved game in the franchise :v:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Looper posted:

the cute ferry song team rocket does instead of the vikings joke is better

You absolutely cannot imagine how well the Vikings joke landed in Minnesota. The entire theatre exploded in uproarious laughter as people cried over the thought of an international media franchise recognising we existed.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

SeXReX posted:

You absolutely cannot imagine how well the Vikings joke landed in Minnesota. The entire theatre exploded in uproarious laughter as people cried over the thought of an international media franchise recognising we existed.

That is more recognition than you get from the rest of the country.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

fridge corn posted:

Last one out of Liberty City, burn it to the ground

Da da da da da da na na na na na na na na

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

:hmmyes:

(To state the obvious, Bob Ross is good for decompressing)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Rinkles posted:

:hmmyes:

(To state the obvious, Bob Ross is good for decompressing)

I would never want to paint my Hanzo steel

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rarity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_sd_EpTDs

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGU-UBkgcE

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

But having to call Kentucky Route Zero "an interactive art exhibition" instead of "a game" would be annoying

it's a really unfortunate name for the art medium. videogames do not need to be a game.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

So, uh, Six Days In Fallujah just got resurrected as a video game that exists now. 12 years after getting cancelled.

EDIT: And the studio is Highwire Games, founded by ex-Bungie people like Marty O'Donnell. :wtf:

Why does this need to exist.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 12, 2021

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
And Jack Black will be voicing Claptrap in the Borderlands movie. How is this movie going to be real

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this sounds interesting unless it's just going to be a completely uncritical look at the Iraq War

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's a game made by a Texas-based studio during the tail end of the Iraq War. Are you really expecting it to be anything else?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's got Department of Defense public affairs behind it because the Steam page capitalizes the word soldiers, which the DoD has been trying to make happen for 16 years and only they do.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

It's got Department of Defense public affairs behind it because the Steam page capitalizes the word soldiers, which the DoD has been trying to make happen for 16 years and only they do.

so now it's interesting because we're going to get a look at what the awful culture of the 2000s instilled in the older millennials who experienced the incredibly unnecessary and unjust wars

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this sounds interesting unless it's just going to be a completely uncritical look at the Iraq War

If the US military is involved you better believe it’s uncritical.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

its like Dungeon Master where if youre in the canadian army you're not allowed to call yourself a soldier

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I fully expect the people responsible for games like Infamous and Halo to have a nuanced take on these events.

Especially when it's a game that got cancelled a decade ago and has since been constantly shuffled back and forth between various people because it's some kind of passion project for this ex-Bungie executive that he can't stop thinking about, apparently. He was head of the original developer back in the day and is now running the new publishing company that's behind it.

I remember that they used to brag about how they talked to tons of Marines who were on the ground and that it's actually a survival horror game because insurgents might kill you anywhere, etc. etc. Konami got cold feet in the end and dropped it.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I listened to a pretty extensive history of the Iraq War a la podcast (Blowback) and the new SDiF trailer really didn't interest me because 1) a narrative about the real horrors of war as told from the perspective of an American soldier already makes me roll my eyes, like yeah I bet it was scary kicking down doors, imagine how scary it was for the people who lived there!!! and 2) when you take into consideration all the insane poo poo we were trying to do in Iraq during the first stage of the invasion, the combat itself is by a wide margin the least interesting part of the war

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
A game about the real horrors of the Iraq War would involve a lot of talk about drone strikes killing hundreds of children as "acceptable collateral damage" and no US publisher or developer would ever willingly touch that.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I'd play an Imperial Life in the Emerald City sim game. Make it like Fox News Frostpunk where you have to make terrible decisions because the TV told you to

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.
Been a while since I was around these parts and just wanted to give a shout out to the janky but unique fun of The Consuming Shadow, HellSign, and Night Call (which is currently discounted, though expect it to run about 4 hours if you don't want to try and finish every passenger's mini-story arc).

Don't feel like those games ever got a whole lot of press or attention, though I'm hoping HellSign will eventually pick itself up.(if its devs can find a way to get content patches out faster after near-four-dang-years of Early Access)

Been playing a lot of those games because they all feature mini-story-arcs or are investigation-themed; they've been a good source of inspiration for developing my game lately. If you like the more investigation-side of horror, you might like them too, though they're not as action-packed as something like Phasmophobia. If anyone's got recommendations of games they'd push to someone who likes those, I'd love to hear 'em.

Firgof fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 12, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I liked Night Call too, it's a mashup of managing your job as a taxi driver and also doing detective work. Not familiar with the other ones.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

to be fair, its safe to assume nearly any game dealing with the us military has been meddled with by the us military at some point because game devs scramble to sign up for doing that asap if it means they get like, one old marine to hang around and ask questions once a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

just saw an ad for noita that described it as the "falling sand roguelite" and that made me laugh. just wanted to share that with my games posting friends