Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Project Veritas twitter has, apparently, been suspended

https://twitter.com/joshdcaplan/status/1359947371375960067?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah they gave her several chances to stop being a loud rear end in a top hat on Twitter and her response was to either double down or complain after having to apologize for saying something terrible/prejudiced/stupid

It feels like this is becoming a weekly occurrence now too. Recently there was a New York Rangers hockey player named Tony DeAngelo who was of some reasonable skill that otherwise had a starting spot on the roster and who was given several last chances by management to stop being a whiny rear end in a top hat on twitter and messing with team morale and he chose to get into a fight with the teams goalie (huge no no in Hockey culture, you don't gently caress around with goalies or the whole team comes after your rear end full bore in a blood frenzy.....usually this is a player on the other team though during an active play bumping into them accidentally on purpose and not their own teammate trying to start a fist fight with them in the hallway cause they lost a close one) a couple weeks ago and may have gotten into if with K'Andre Miller who is being groomed to be a franchise cornerstone and just happens to be black and they busted him down to the minors for it. They're currently trying to trade him, but even with being a somewhat reasonably skilled defense-man nobody seems to want the baggage that comes with him.

Strangely I don't remember conservatives suddenly becoming intensely interest in Hockey for a hot minute over this, but it's yet another example of Chuds thinking they can get away with being raging assholes to everyone around them and never face any consequences for it cause free speech or something.

CommieGIR posted:

Oh no it's getting harder and harder to be right wing propagandists, assholes and trolls on twitter, what's a poor misunderstood conservative to do? Start arguing in good faith or say something that isn't just slandering something or someone else for a change? Nah that would just be plain be unfair or something wouldn't it?

Kale fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 12, 2021

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah they gave her several chances to stop being a loud rear end in a top hat on Twitter and her response was to either double down or complain after having to apologize for saying something terrible/prejudiced/stupid

She went the Roseanne route, but forgot the part where you become untouchably wealthy first.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kale posted:

it's yet another example of Chuds thinking they can get away with being raging assholes to everyone around them and never face any consequences for it cause free speech or something.
worked so far *shrug*

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

She's worth about eight million and she can always retreat to Dinesh D'Souza movies and Christian poo poo now.

Kale
May 14, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

worked so far *shrug*

Doesn't seem to be anymore, hence the histrionic outcries.

I still hold that it worked for so long against social media mind you. It's literally like okay Donald Trump isn't president anymore, thus we can start enforcing some rules again. It's literally down to the day the capitol riots happened that they started ramping up the action against far right trolls and personalities for rule violations.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 12, 2021

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

What did that dipshit do now?

Kale
May 14, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

What did that dipshit do now?

The decision followed what a Twitter (TWTR) spokesperson described to CNN Business as repeated violations of the platform's policies prohibiting sharing — or threats of sharing — other people's private information without consent.

Twitter declined to say what specific tweets may have triggered the enforcement action. But in a post on Project Veritas's public Telegram channel Thursday afternoon, the group said the suspension occurred after it published a video in which Project Veritas accosted Facebook VP of Integrity at his home.

"The tweet in question arose when asking for comment from Facebook's VP of Integrity about censorship," Project Veritas said on its Telegram channel. "Project Veritas is appealing this decision, as no privacy was violated."

Twitter also confirmed that O'Keefe's personal account had been locked temporarily for violating the same policy, and that O'Keefe would be required to remove the violative content before regaining permission to tweet.

Per CNN. This is apparently supposed to make them consider that their actions may have been wrong in some capacity and to not do things like that as opposed to say doubling down frothing at the mouth rage and screeching about free speech and censorship.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 12, 2021

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

CommieGIR posted:

“Project Veritas” is possibly the most perfect encapsulation of the post-truth nature of the modern right wing. Create an organisation with the specific aim of faking footage of evil acts by “the left” and literally call it “project truth”.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Kale posted:

The decision followed what a Twitter (TWTR) spokesperson described to CNN Business as repeated violations of the platform's policies prohibiting sharing — or threats of sharing — other people's private information without consent.

Twitter declined to say what specific tweets may have triggered the enforcement action. But in a post on Project Veritas's public Telegram channel Thursday afternoon, the group said the suspension occurred after it published a video in which Project Veritas accosted Facebook VP of Integrity at his home.

"The tweet in question arose when asking for comment from Facebook's VP of Integrity about censorship," Project Veritas said on its Telegram channel. "Project Veritas is appealing this decision, as no privacy was violated."

Twitter also confirmed that O'Keefe's personal account had been locked temporarily for violating the same policy, and that O'Keefe would be required to remove the violative content before regaining permission to tweet.

Per CNN. This is apparently supposed to make them consider that their actions may have been wrong in some capacity and to not do things like that as opposed to say doubling down frothing at the mouth rage and screeching about free speech and censorship.

So no blatantly criminal behavior? That doesn’t sound like the O’Keefe I know.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lol

https://twitter.com/yamiche/status/1360001476588953601?s=21

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Meatball posted:

I get the feeling he's going to be very surprised when the Republicans filibuster it.

Why would he be surprised? It's the whole point. If 10 Republicans vote for an infrastructure bill the Biden administration did a popular thing, and if they filibuster it Democrats can attack them for blocking a popular and bipartisan infrastructure bill (or use it as an excuse to end the filibuster).

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

The gently caress are they even bothering? There was never a chance to convince 16 Republicans to vote guilty. Trump had the right idea of hiring two idiots who he has no intention of paying on this one.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Seems vaguely unethical for the Defense to be conspiring with the Jury on strategy. Is that just me?

:lol: These guys are utterly without shame.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Really incredible Jury Tampering/ Conflict on interest here

"hang on, let me talk to the Defense Lawyer to make sure the Jury knows how to vote!" :downs:

Excellent system: best in the world

Kale
May 14, 2010

Edmund Lava posted:

Sounds like a he said she said situation unless there's some unedited video somewhere or Twitter bothers to offer a comment which in this case I'm inclined to believe immediately over whatever Project Veritas would have to say unless there's some compelling evidence to present that suppo....oh who am I kidding.

Looks legit

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Tweet context: Random fan person who assembled the takes from when Gina Carrano appeared, to where those same misogynists are now

https://twitter.com/vadimnewquist/status/1359728848166862848

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Jeezus. The judge and jury are discussing strategy and giving pointers to the defense lawyers.

How broken is this system? Pretty broken. Hamilton and the rest of them need to be exhumed and have their nose rubbed in this one.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

Tweet context: Random fan person who assembled the takes from when Gina Carrano appeared, to where those same misogynists are now

In fact Eastasia has always been the enemy of Oceania and not Eurasia and this is and always will have been. :tinfoil:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Edmund Lava posted:

The gently caress are they even bothering? There was never a chance to convince 16 Republicans to vote guilty. Trump had the right idea of hiring two idiots who he has no intention of paying on this one.

Really. Just take five minutes tomorrow, show a picture of Dickbutt, do a crotch chop, and then leave. The end result will be the same.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Murgos posted:

Jeezus. The judge and jury are discussing strategy and giving pointers to the defense lawyers.

How broken is this system? Pretty broken. Hamilton and the rest of them need to be exhumed and have their nose rubbed in this one.

When we're making a new society on new rocks in about 100 to 500 years, let's make sure to make governments where there are zero, read: ZERO people under a legal system that is different in any way to the legal system of the general public. For all their concern over tyrants taking over the system they sure did put in a bunch of obvious ways for it to still happen.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Broke barriers by being the first Poster to be a star wars character

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
nm

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Orthanc6 posted:

When we're making a new society on new rocks in about 100 to 500 years, let's make sure to make governments where there are zero, read: ZERO people under a legal system that is different in any way to the legal system of the general public. For all their concern over tyrants taking over the system they sure did put in a bunch of obvious ways for it to still happen.

Pinkie swears and honor policies not enough for you lib? :smug:

But yes, loving take out every loophole, for gently caress sake

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Kale posted:

I guess he forgot about the scene where Leia chokes a slug monster to death with it's own chain to escape or where the Separatists set up a rigged arena fight with a feral beast that Padme still wins with some quick thinking and athleticism that if I recall involves a call back in again using the chain that was supposed to be binding her against it to swing around and crush it's wind pipe with a well placed kick. Neither of these characters are what I'd call great fighters and Luke and Anakin still do most of the heavy lifting in these sequences in filling that type of role, but they get by pretty goddamn well all things considered and take care of themselves.

There's also those expanded universe characters like Mara Jade and Ahsoka Tano, and literal possible most powerful Jedi ever (that isn't Yoda at his peak) Rey that actually are white I'd call exceptional combatants, but again I'm just basing these things off of things I've observed and recall and not some sliding scale of conservative reality bending culture war poo poo to fit a prescribed narrative.

Just lolling at how Kreia would treat these conservative dipshits tbh

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

CommieGIR posted:

Only over a decade late, too! Amazing the difference in speed between crackdowns on anyone even slightly left vs the grudging eventual suspensions of dangerous fascists when it looks like the company might see legal action for sheltering them.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kale posted:

Doesn't seem to be anymore, hence the histrionic outcries.

I still hold that it worked for so long against social media mind you. It's literally like okay Donald Trump isn't president anymore, thus we can start enforcing some rules again. It's literally down to the day the capitol riots happened that they started ramping up the action against far right trolls and personalities for rule violations.
i'm just saying this is why they are sticking with the "double down and tantrum harder" tactic: it worked for so so long.

Edmund Lava posted:

the badder guys are antagonizing the bad guys for the wrong reasons but harassing the bad guys is going to be the only thing the badder guys ever actually get punished for.
oh and the bad guys will still firmly side with the badder guys against the other guys because the other guys might raise their taxes.
jesus gently caress

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pick posted:

I dunno maybe try googling stuff or something instead of coming in demanding that we explain how sanctions on the Burmese military works and the like with answers that you can literally put into a search bar verbatim. But in this case, a great example is the over 10x increase in the refugee cap, a position too left-wing to have majority support.

Ignoring the insane hostility and lovely attitude for a genuine question, looking at the 10x increase in the refugee cap seems to bring it back to a little over 1994 levels? I mean, it's a great thing for sure, but looking at the historical refugee cap it doesn't seem like a huge step and mostly it just reverses what Trump did. So the question then I have is: Is reversing Trump's policies considered progressive now?

edit:
Graph source: https://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/us-annual-refugee-resettlement-ceilings-and-number-refugees-admitted-united

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 12, 2021

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Ms Adequate posted:

Just lolling at how Kreia would treat these conservative dipshits tbh

Three floating lightsabers would surely be involved.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Ignoring the insane hostility and lovely attitude for a genuine question, looking at the 10x increase in the refugee cap seems to bring it back to a little over 1994 levels? I mean, it's a great thing for sure, but looking at the historical refugee cap it doesn't seem like a huge step and mostly it just reverses what Trump did.

Can you source that graph? Not doubting it just want the source

edit: Thanks vvvvvv

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 12, 2021

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

Can you source that graph? Not doubting it just want the source

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/us-annual-refugee-resettlement-ceilings-and-number-refugees-admitted-united

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it was only as high/higher 4 of the last 41 years.

Let's see, what was happening in those 1990s... hmm.

It was the Balkan wars, which is why the cap was increased--specifically because it was serving white and white-passing refugees.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Is reversing Trump's policies considered progressive now?

In this particular case, the answer is unambiguously, emphatically Yes. Refugee admission is one of the few issues where the majority of the country tends to agree with the chuds, and this is one of the only areas (maybe even literally the only area?) where Biden seems to be going "I don't care if its not popular, we are doing this anyway". This is a massive change given the political climate, and given that a very modest increase would have been seen as "good enough".

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pick posted:

it was only as high/higher 4 of the last 41 years.

Let's see, what was happening in those 1990s... hmm.

It was the Balkan wars, which is why the cap was increased--specifically because it was serving white and white-passing refugees.

Before 1980 there was no cap. :shrug:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Jaxyon posted:

Are these seriously takes that having a buff female fighter on the Mandalorian is unrealistic SJW pandering... which is portrayed by an actual buff female fighter? :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Before 1980 there was no cap. :shrug:

That's the exact year when the USA formally adopted the United Nation’s definition of the term “refugee” for legislative purposes. That's when the word started having any consistent meaning and being tracked. You have literally, in a basic, literal sense, no idea what you're talking about.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Intuitively, you should also know that--if there was no cap, why did the USA famously turn Jewish persons away for them to be returned to Europe for eradication during the Holocaust era?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pick posted:

That's the exact year when the USA formally adopted the United Nations definition of the term refugee for legislative purposes. That's when the word started having any meaning and being tracked. You have literally, in a basic, literal sense, no idea what you're talking about.

Dude, what is with the hostility? It's really clear you have a bone to pick with me for some reason. I would rather learn from posters but it's clear you would rather make snide remarks and be straight-up hostile to people.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Xand_Man posted:

Are these seriously takes that having a buff female fighter on the Mandalorian is unrealistic SJW pandering... which is portrayed by an actual buff female fighter? :psyduck:

There’s an entire cottage industry of right wing hot takes about SJWs coming for your precious nerd poo poo. Reality be damned, these people likely never watched the show and know their fans lack object permanence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Xand_Man posted:

They don't care about about "pandering" they are just misogynists. "SJWs" are anyone who they don't like, like whose who care about women or minorities.

If she had said "I wish transphobes were dead" they'd have been screaming for her to get cancelled.