Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MunchE posted:

Considering the DZ is probably full on empty imagine you could farm some knees out there if you REALLY wanted them

Aren't the Ninjabike Kneepads DZ only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got them from a kneepad targeted area activity clear. They seem like they could make a fun build with something that has a stupid reload time.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got them from a kneepad targeted area activity clear. They seem like they could make a fun build with something that has a stupid reload time.

Yeah guess I need to farm that.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'd think about throwing them onto my ND build if it wouldn't require me to give up Contractor's, which I just optimized today only for Cassie to sell a perfect pair :argh:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I don't think I've ever seen a Hunter-Killer and she has that too. Time to waste yet more stash space!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is Pestilence bugged again? I swear it's not jumping as it should ever since the event ended or it'll jump over but the ticks don't do any damage,

I finally got my Backfire build optimized enough to be immune to Bleed. It's more of a solo build but gently caress doing these manhunt missions alone

It's pretty good! I don't have the right armor perk yet but everything else is as good as it can be outside of a few optimizations assuming I ever get to it. Being able to outright ignore every hazard in the game is pretty loving great!

Shumagorath posted:

Now is a good time to invest in a better build.

I got back to it every now and then for old times but I have a maxed out skill build, the above mentioned backfire, and a solid HF/Scorpio which is what I'm actually optimizing/maxing out.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 11, 2021

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is Pestilence bugged again? I swear it's not jumping as it should ever since the event ended or it'll jump over but the ticks don't do any damage,
Now is a good time to invest in a better build.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Psion posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a Hunter-Killer and she has that too. Time to waste yet more stash space!

I'm at Cassie right now and don't see it. She has everything listed on the Division 2 vendor page I use except for that.

edit: Apparently I need to get off-white keys by killing WONY Hunters to get it from the chest before Cassie has it for me.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 11, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-says-well-see-more-on-the-division-coming-later-this-year/

Some hope I guess. It's good that the CEO is saying this, so hopefully he means more than just some apparel events.

quote:

It's reasonable to assume that Massive will be all-in on the project, but what does it mean for the future of its other open-world shooter series, The Division? During a quarterly conference call today, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said that taking on a major new Star Wars game will not force it to halt work on The Division.
"The Massive studio is a large studio, and they are also collaborating with lots of studios all over the world ... You're going to see more on The Division in this year and the year after."

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm at Cassie right now and don't see it. She has everything listed on the Division 2 vendor page I use except for that.

edit: Apparently I need to get off-white keys by killing WONY Hunters to get it from the chest before Cassie has it for me.

that would explain it, I've never bothered to do WONY hunters. And it's not like H-K is at all useful for a hunter's fury build anyway, wrong brand and wrong core no thanks

Roman posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-says-well-see-more-on-the-division-coming-later-this-year/

Some hope I guess. It's good that the CEO is saying this, so hopefully he means more than just some apparel events.

I'm honestly surprised. I wasn't expecting even further season passes, so even that'd be nice. Obviously more content would be best, but who even knows. Let's hope they announce some concrete details soon now that this is out there.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 11, 2021

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Roman posted:

This sounds like they’re just going to talk about potential sequels because they’re talking about the series not Division 2 specifically.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Maybe a expansion to tide people over until the Star Wars game comes out? I know in a different article Ubisoft mentioned that the Star Wars game would use the same engine as Division 2 ( which makes sense) so keep people hooked until the new focus comes out.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

BexGu posted:

Maybe a expansion to tide people over until the Star Wars game comes out?
From the articles I read I'm thinking the Star Wars game won't be out for a while, as in years, so one Division 2 expansion ain't gonna do that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Warlords was announced exactly a year ago so now would be a good time to talk about new content, Massive!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lau is an OG character from Division 1. Massive did her dirty by relegating her to a manhunt target and not even the respect of a cutscene.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Really it's too bad there just aren't resources available to give Div 2 the kind of content it probably needs. Like Summit isn't a bad idea but it'd need a pretty large injection of assets and bugtesting for how those assets assemble together to make it really interesting/varied- and it's clear they didn't have the time/manpower to do that.

The way I would've done it is that I would've broken the summit up into sections with completely different motifs, emphasizing the Summit as a mixed-use building. First 20 floors are shopping/dining/convention space, next 20 are offices, next 20 are high-end condos, 20 could have been "under renovation"/construction and looked more like the current summit, etc. Events could've been more ABOUT the building- like having to put out fires, run around a really dark floor trying to get the power back on for the elevator/lights, etc. It's clear that Snowdrop probably can't do big skyboxes from high places, because it's obvious in that you can't ever really look outside the windows even at the 100th floor.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I think it’s weird that you’re 70 floors up a building and there’s a plant room with all sorts of machinery in it, then the next one is framed out like the carpenter is coming in tomorrow and then the next one is a fully equipped office floor.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

How many offices does a donut franchise need?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
How many elevators does that thing have, anyway? I think I was running into more than 20% that were busted, requiring roping up or down, jumping down the next one over to rope, or just straight climb up.

Last night was... interesting. Clear a floor, yay! Run up the stairs, yay! Run to an elevator.. huh? Rope down a level? :wtc: Exit, and... run to stairs back up, yeah, sure why not.

And not one loving actual fire-exit stairwell.

GROVERSCRAPER

Also womped upon a couple more Hunters, tried to activate two others (well, one's a twofer, near Potomac Event Center) but I guess those really do require it to be night.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah I think it’s weird that you’re 70 floors up a building and there’s a plant room with all sorts of machinery in it, then the next one is framed out like the carpenter is coming in tomorrow and then the next one is a fully equipped office floor.

You’d be surprised how many tall buildings are exactly like this.

When tenants move the new ones often take the floors down to vanilla shell if not bare metal/wood

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

This sounds like they’re just going to talk about potential sequels because they’re talking about the series not Division 2 specifically.

on the other hand it's a quarterly investor call, so the context is about making money. saying 'we'll be repeatedly telling you every quarter we're not making more money with division' seems a bit off. And it's that we'll "see more" on it, not just hear about it.

but who's to know, really

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 11, 2021

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Really it's too bad there just aren't resources available to give Div 2 the kind of content it probably needs. Like Summit isn't a bad idea but it'd need a pretty large injection of assets and bugtesting for how those assets assemble together to make it really interesting/varied- and it's clear they didn't have the time/manpower to do that.

The way I would've done it is that I would've broken the summit up into sections with completely different motifs, emphasizing the Summit as a mixed-use building. First 20 floors are shopping/dining/convention space, next 20 are offices, next 20 are high-end condos, 20 could have been "under renovation"/construction and looked more like the current summit, etc. Events could've been more ABOUT the building- like having to put out fires, run around a really dark floor trying to get the power back on for the elevator/lights, etc. It's clear that Snowdrop probably can't do big skyboxes from high places, because it's obvious in that you can't ever really look outside the windows even at the 100th floor.

This would have been a good idea. Also running into special floors every once in a while kinda like how Underground had unique rooms like the bank vault or illegal rave.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Warlords was announced exactly a year ago so now would be a good time to talk about new content, Massive!

It leaked a few weeks before the intended announcement too so we are a bit overdue.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think ultimately the game’s biggest fault is the re-use of mission locations. You go through the missions once for the story. Cool. Then oh no BTSU has invaded you have to re-do the exact same mission maps but with different enemies now. Ok. And now for 4 seasons we’ve had manhunts that... also make us do the exact same missions.... to get a bounty which is probably in a mission location... to hunt the actual manhunt target... which is you guessed it in a mission location but with different enemies. And while the bosses may be in different sections... you go through the maps the exact same way.

Even bounties are sometimes in mission areas. There’s so many buildings and open areas in both the DC and NY maps they could have fleshed out with each season/update but just... didn’t. Even the mission maps could have been handled differently as far as routes/pathing goes.

The most fun I continually get of the game is clearing control points and doing open world poo poo where various activities can and often overlap since it’s the most dynamic the game gets to be.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think ultimately the game’s biggest fault is the re-use of mission locations. You go through the missions once for the story. Cool. Then oh no BTSU has invaded you have to re-do the exact same mission maps but with different enemies now. Ok. And now for 4 seasons we’ve had manhunts that... also make us do the exact same missions.... to get a bounty which is probably in a mission location... to hunt the actual manhunt target... which is you guessed it in a mission location but with different enemies. And while the bosses may be in different sections... you go through the maps the exact same way.

Even bounties are sometimes in mission areas. There’s so many buildings and open areas in both the DC and NY maps they could have fleshed out with each season/update but just... didn’t. Even the mission maps could have been handled differently as far as routes/pathing goes.

The most fun I continually get of the game is clearing control points and doing open world poo poo where various activities can and often overlap since it’s the most dynamic the game gets to be.

The game could have done with a few more of the Classified Mission structure of having to investigate a densely packed area with combat encounters instead of set piece to set piece. Not Kenly College though, that was over correction/kill.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'd like an exploration mode like in AC Odyssey where they show the assets they used to make the museum levels
especially since we live in a dollar flu world now and going to things in DC is cancelled

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Not reusing all the amount of work that went into those classified missions still mystifies me. Those were almost all really really good mission locations. Just slam a bunch of enemies in there. Bounties or remixing them into summit floors or anything except leaving like what, eight? meticulously rendered locations to rot.

massive level designers have always been very good at what they do which is why I think summit was a total failure in having resources available more than snowdrop "can't" do it, but I could be wrong. Not reusing these though? I cannot begin to figure out why they didn't.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah saying they can't do proc-gen properly when they literally put out a proc-gen dungeon DLC in the first game that didn't have level design as shoddy as Summit.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah saying they can't do proc-gen properly when they literally put out a proc-gen dungeon DLC in the first game that didn't have level design as shoddy as Summit.
Underground was made by a different studio. It took a long time to make and was pretty difficult to implement so the likelihood that they'd make another thing like it for free was pretty low

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hell, you could even go the Destiny route and just have players occasionally go through the mission areas backwards.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Hulk Krogan posted:

Hell, you could even go the Destiny route and just have players occasionally go through the mission areas backwards.

You actually do this in some of the Invaded missions.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey guys - is there a PC clan I can join? I just barely started playing, and I'm probably not going to be ultra hardcore, but having some goons to pal around with might be fun.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Any PS4 players want to go WONY mask hunting tonight? I could use the help so I don't die to a hunter at the first skill he throws at me.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

New Leaf posted:

Hey guys - is there a PC clan I can join? I just barely started playing, and I'm probably not going to be ultra hardcore, but having some goons to pal around with might be fun.

AHO is the only Division goon clan left. Still got a few reasonably active members.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

New Leaf posted:

Here's Discord invite: https://discord.gg/ExHTHJ2k

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Why is it you show up in like every game I play? :hfive:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Bounties (manhunt or regular) should involve more than "go here, whack x many standard encounters before targets show up". Start the bounty with a vague general area where the target was last seen, now you can start clearing wandering [s]monsters]/s] patrols, stomp activities and all to get clues that may lead you to where the target was headed next.

"May?" Yup - rear end in a top hat McHyena *did* move down into that subway station to party, but hosed off because a triple-strength BT tech-support crew showed up to do some field-testing of six robodogs. Guess you better finish them before you can poke around to see what clues might be left.

Have it so the target kites you across half the map, maybe getting sneaky and laying a trail that will make you have to clear a CP or mission location because *they* ninja'd through but alerted the other enemies as they left, or cut a deal to have the locals gently caress you up. "Here's four kilos of spice, True Sons, have a party stomping that Division fuckwit."

Running fights, keeping you on the go and burning your ammo and supplies because you can't just head back to base and restock, you're on the clock. Other fights you get caught up in, because all the flavor text of what the target is up to means they're still flaming civilians or whatever, and you need to bust up that poo poo for supplies/more clues/goodwill. "Oh, it's that one Division rear end in a top hat that let Freddy and his crew get blown to poo poo because they were in a hurry, gently caress no don't give 'em a fuckin' thing. Take a few shots to keep 'em moving, too."

So, you finally catch up - either because the target got slowed down by enemies, or loving around doing Bad Guy poo poo, or they just got somewhere they feel is a good spot to murder you at. "Hey, watch-girl! You want me, well, my buddies Books and Diesel and Dime wanna play too. Step on out, maybe we kill you quick."

Or "What the gently caress is that firefight at the construction site? Someone call in a quadcopter to check it out!"

Or "Hey Sammy, go do this particular thing when the gunfire starts, then run like a motherfucker because four total badass Hunters are gonna come out all frisky, and none of us wanna be there for that. You'll be fine."

"Hey boss, did you just get Sammy killed?"

"He was never gonna pay back what he owned any of us, gently caress 'im. Get set up in cover, we'll let watch-girl soften up those Hunters before we kill *everything*."

Make the player *work* for it.

Instead? Go to Location X. Kill outside squad. Enter building, kill next squad. Continue to next area, repeat. Next area, targets. Done! Worst you get is random patrols, or convoys passing nearby, or oh look an activity next door.

"Agent, we just got word your target passed through Checkpoint Golf into the DZ. Don't let them come back out..." :getin:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

New Leaf posted:

Why is it you show up in like every game I play? :hfive:

More like you show up in every game I play. :ninja:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dude I dare you to play Destiny 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Ygolonac posted:

Bounties (manhunt or regular) should involve more than "go here, whack x many standard encounters before targets show up". Start the bounty with a vague general area where the target was last seen, now you can start clearing wandering [s]monsters]/s] patrols, stomp activities and all to get clues that may lead you to where the target was headed next.

"May?" Yup - rear end in a top hat McHyena *did* move down into that subway station to party, but hosed off because a triple-strength BT tech-support crew showed up to do some field-testing of six robodogs. Guess you better finish them before you can poke around to see what clues might be left.

Have it so the target kites you across half the map, maybe getting sneaky and laying a trail that will make you have to clear a CP or mission location because *they* ninja'd through but alerted the other enemies as they left, or cut a deal to have the locals gently caress you up. "Here's four kilos of spice, True Sons, have a party stomping that Division fuckwit."

Running fights, keeping you on the go and burning your ammo and supplies because you can't just head back to base and restock, you're on the clock. Other fights you get caught up in, because all the flavor text of what the target is up to means they're still flaming civilians or whatever, and you need to bust up that poo poo for supplies/more clues/goodwill. "Oh, it's that one Division rear end in a top hat that let Freddy and his crew get blown to poo poo because they were in a hurry, gently caress no don't give 'em a fuckin' thing. Take a few shots to keep 'em moving, too."

So, you finally catch up - either because the target got slowed down by enemies, or loving around doing Bad Guy poo poo, or they just got somewhere they feel is a good spot to murder you at. "Hey, watch-girl! You want me, well, my buddies Books and Diesel and Dime wanna play too. Step on out, maybe we kill you quick."

Or "What the gently caress is that firefight at the construction site? Someone call in a quadcopter to check it out!"

Or "Hey Sammy, go do this particular thing when the gunfire starts, then run like a motherfucker because four total badass Hunters are gonna come out all frisky, and none of us wanna be there for that. You'll be fine."

"Hey boss, did you just get Sammy killed?"

"He was never gonna pay back what he owned any of us, gently caress 'im. Get set up in cover, we'll let watch-girl soften up those Hunters before we kill *everything*."

Make the player *work* for it.

Instead? Go to Location X. Kill outside squad. Enter building, kill next squad. Continue to next area, repeat. Next area, targets. Done! Worst you get is random patrols, or convoys passing nearby, or oh look an activity next door.

"Agent, we just got word your target passed through Checkpoint Golf into the DZ. Don't let them come back out..." :getin:

Sounds like a story mission

You should just play random story missions