Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
The Hogan sports stories are the weirdest because do you pretend to have been scouted in a sport you're barely competent in? Like that has to be trolling. Had a good match and such like "Yeah they scouted me for X team".

Hogan Lore Experts does he seem like he has some self awareness or it just just wrestler Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The Steiner Screwdriver is a genuinely terrifying move

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

My Lovely Horse posted:

No wonder. Early 90s pro wrestling, everyone's got a silly day job or cartoony nationalist gimmick which all their ring clothes are designed around, and to show off their bodies, and one guy rolls up in a wrestling-the-classic-sport singlet and actual protective gear, you know this motherfucker means business a little too much than is entirely comfortable.

Rick debuted in the 80s, years before Scott. He was apart of the legendary Varsity Club which were two varsity jock bros who happened to be managed by a satanist who would make them kill rats with spikes.

The reason Rick was feared more than Scott was Rick would absolutely beat the poo poo out of you in the ring and take liberties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk6T74T-0xg

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

spaceblancmange posted:

The Steiner Screwdriver is a genuinely terrifying move
it looks like murder

it looks like the sitdown tombstone that broke steve austin's neck except he drops them from a suplex position like a total and complete psycho murderer

how the hell do you take it safely? you can't tuck your head or roll or slap the mat,
all you can do is pray that your shoulders will safely bounce your body off of his huge beefy trampoline thighs before your neck snaps

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bright Bart posted:

The Hogan sports stories are the weirdest because do you pretend to have been scouted in a sport you're barely competent in? Like that has to be trolling. Had a good match and such like "Yeah they scouted me for X team".

Hogan Lore Experts does he seem like he has some self awareness or it just just wrestler Trump?

Honestly, if it was purely the stuff where he starts talking about how he ate ten thousand hotdogs in one sitting or that he ended the Cold War by powerslamming Gorbachev over the moon, I'd just write it off as being the coke-addled relic of an industry that was built on carny grift and where no-one was going to go on Google in 1983 to fact-check if you claim in a local radio appearance that you personally invented the colour yellow. That ultimately works a lot better than the brief period where the WWF tried to slot Lex Luger into Hogan's position after he left, and he gave soft-spoken friendly interviews about loving America while not on any cocaine at all, which was both LOW ENERGY and SAD.

But then you add the part where he also goes out of his way to sabotage and undermine the people around him to make himself look like a bigger star, which seems to require some level of awareness of what's actually happening rather than what you're telling people is going on. Although I'm fairly sure that's also a Trump trait, so take that for what you will.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Another great Hogan moment is that after his racism he was allowed to appear at a WWE show again. He gave a talk in the locker room ostensibly to apologise for what happened, but his apology was that you should be careful of what you say because you don't know when someone might be recording you.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

Another great Hogan moment is that after his racism he was allowed to appear at a WWE show again. He gave a talk in the locker room ostensibly to apologise for what happened, but his apology was that you should be careful of what you say because you don't know when someone might be recording you.

So uh, about that.

Y'see the thing is, Hogan's been on WWE television several times since then, including just last week.

Because it turns out, and this might shock you, Vince McMahon apparently doesn't give a poo poo about Hulk Hogan being a racist piece of poo poo.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Hogan came back because one of the Saudi princes behind the Crown Jewel show said the three wrestlers he wanted to see most on the show were Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, and Yokozuna.

One was banned from WWE TV at the time and the other two are dead, but apparently Vince McMahon just didn't have the heart to tell him at the time.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I love wrestling

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hulk Hogan came to my school and gently fed me meat from his shoes while telling me secrets about the Jews.
It was very scary.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Stex T posted:

Hogan came back because one of the Saudi princes behind the Crown Jewel show said the three wrestlers he wanted to see most on the show were Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, and Yokozuna.

One was banned from WWE TV at the time and the other two are dead, but apparently Vince McMahon just didn't have the heart to tell him at the time.

They brought in an another sumo and hoped he didn't notice

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Royal Updog posted:

They brought in an another sumo and hoped he didn't notice

This literally happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hishofuji_Hiroki

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Takuan posted:

So uh, about that.

Y'see the thing is, Hogan's been on WWE television several times since then, including just last week.

Because it turns out, and this might shock you, Vince McMahon apparently doesn't give a poo poo about Hulk Hogan being a racist piece of poo poo.

Birds of a feather, as they say

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
One time Hulk Hogan had meat shoes I think

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1359681731025117184?s=19

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1359690362198126599?s=19

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1359697457521786880?s=19

Wrestling is really fun OP!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

blunt posted:

Wrestling is really fun OP!

And that's all from a single episode!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

El Santo and Blue Demon loving own

Bonus Maki Itoh gif

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

I watched an AEW PPV with some friends pre-pandemic and there was a match sponsored by Cracker Barrel. I thought this was lame as hell until the wrestlers started hitting each other with the barrels. One person got hit with a pan full of biscuits.

Now I'm a big fan of Orange Cassidy and Luchasaurus.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lid posted:

I missed Scott Steiner chat but never overlook this simple fact - in the Steiner Brothers Scott was the sane one. Rick was the one everyone was afraid of.

https://i.imgur.com/sZfq5Cx.mp4

Am I missing something? All of these look super clean?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Should land more on the back rather than the shoulders/neck I think?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I know literally nothing about wrestling except that it exists and Hulk Hogan is a racist, and I'm already a Maki Itoh fan, she rules

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
WWE hired a wrestler who had experience as a Shakespearian actor. He was hoping he could use that as part of his wrestling character somehow. He also happened to be black. WWE paired him with another black wrestler and said, "You guys are Crime Time. Your gimmick is that you commit crimes and dress like 50 Cent."

He drowned in the ocean last year.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Code Jockey posted:

I know literally nothing about wrestling except that it exists and Hulk Hogan is a racist, and I'm already a Maki Itoh fan, she rules

You should watch some wrestling duder it's good as hell

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Apart from that theyre loving awesome throwing guys so they land on their head and neck is not

Make no mistake this is because i love the Steiners.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

WWE hired a wrestler who had experience as a Shakespearian actor. He was hoping he could use that as part of his wrestling character somehow. He also happened to be black.
Let's be realistic, they would have done an Othello thing, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be looking back on WWE's mid-2000s take on Othello.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77fmvm

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
What is Lance Catamaran doing to that puppet?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lid posted:

Apart from that theyre loving awesome throwing guys so they land on their head and neck is not

Make no mistake this is because i love the Steiners.

As a former wrestler & grappler, they are doing perfectly fine break-falls with the primary impact, being the line drawn by their extended arms.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/panda4bernie/status/1359583061797724165

lol

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
WM 30 work as the final show of the WWE. There is nothing good about the company after that.
AEW is really cool.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Pouring one out for the late, great El Santo, as I have done every day since his death in 1984. My floors are filthy and my house reeks, but some things are more important than hygiene.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You should watch some wrestling duder it's good as hell

Like, I don't understand 99% of what she says in this promo, but it's funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHxnTfOdMFU