Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It just felt like the votes piled up on Obama really quickly, it kinda felt scum tryna change at eod. I was obviously wrong but the votes did come in really quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

The votes piled up really quickly. But with plurailtiy it didn't take that many votes.

Normally this would look like scum coming in to save someone. No competing wagon really until like 30 minutes before EoD.

It's confusing. I blame Cena.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

Voting SiV: Sand, Hal, SCUM
Voting all over the place but ultimately OA: Cena (I don't think his last vote on SiV was decisive but let me know if that is wrong)
Voting someone else: Voodoofly

Not voting: CCK, IA, Rhymes

Putting this here just as much for me as for anyone else.
If by "decisive" you mean the one that wrapped it up, yes it was. SIV and OA were 4 apiece, when Cena moved his vote it changed to 3/5.

But in other respects itwas kind of waffling and seemed random and not particularly decisive.

What is wrong with a tie, anyway?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rhymes With Clue posted:

If by "decisive" you mean the one that wrapped it up, yes it was. SIV and OA were 4 apiece, when Cena moved his vote it changed to 3/5.

But in other respects itwas kind of waffling and seemed random and not particularly decisive.

What is wrong with a tie, anyway?

Sometimes I put them on too tight and it's uncomfortable. Much prefer just a t-shirt and jeans, myself.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

It just felt like the votes piled up on Obama really quickly, it kinda felt scum tryna change at eod. I was obviously wrong but the votes did come in really quickly

So what is with the "I don't have a townie read on ObamaAkbar" then?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rhymes With Clue posted:

It's confusing. I blame Cena.
yeah thats gonna happen a lot, playing a game with me in it is Hard Mode :D

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Deadline is in 3 hours. I’m not going to pretend I have strong feelings on anyone.

In that sense I’m fine with my vote on grandi. I sort of agree with CCK that his early posts were a little forced. The biggest “scumtell” I could point to is saying he would cop himself as his posts are off. I know it’s a joke but there is some slight truth to scum players pay way more attention to how their own posts appear.

This is pretty weak, even for day 1, but it’s plurality. I don’t like voting players I’ve never played with d1 which is Obama, IA and rhymes. Of the rest nothing really stands out. I’m also happy to vote Cena. I believe he spaced on the game but at the same time no content is worth a d1 vote for me. I might swap after kid drop off.

Voodoofly can you elaborate on the "no content" here? It looks like before you made this post most of your content was dog related. How are you different from Cena?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

So what is with the "I don't have a townie read on ObamaAkbar" then?

I didn’t have any reason to believe them town, was merely stating that the quickness with which he was acquiring votes made me think he was town and the scum were trying to switch things.

Now literally everyone involved in those votes (except Cena imo) looks extremely good instead of bad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I didn’t have any reason to believe them town, was merely stating that the quickness with which he was acquiring votes made me think he was town and the scum were trying to switch things.

Now literally everyone involved in those votes (except Cena imo) looks extremely good instead of bad

I dont like this post that much, it feels a bit of a made up response to Keane and not what Sandwolf was thinking when he made the original post

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I feel like Cena could have pushed the vote off of OA though?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I don't think we should worry too too much about it, because sometimes lazy town hivemind just hits? :colbert:

Technically I am sympathetic to sandwolf, because I understand that kind of reluctance. But sandwolf could express that sentiment as town or scum easily so I don't think it matters. I think if I were to pick someone on the spacing vote I'd be torn between John CENA and Hal.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Insandenza posted:

I dont like this post that much, it feels a bit of a made up response to Keane and not what Sandwolf was thinking when he made the original post

Speak of the devil and he shall appear :pensive:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Does it really tho?

And I know Cena could have moved the vote off of OA but they moved their vote back and forth between OA and SiV and I specifically remember making a comment about him if OA flipped town

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

CCKeane posted:

Voodoofly can you elaborate on the "no content" here? It looks like before you made this post most of your content was dog related. How are you different from Cena?

There isn't much to say. It was -3 hours to deadline, the thread was quiet, and I knew I was going to be distracted getting my kid to school and running errands before work, so I just wanted to get things moving if I could.

My vote on Grandi was mostly gut. Like you I thought his initial posts were a little strange, and the response to Sandwolf felt slightly off, but I'm not going to pretend it was anything more than a gut call, especially when I made that post.

As far as me versus Cena having any content, there isn't much different other than I was willing to throw a vote down. When I swapped to him it was basically a lurker vote as by that point as I was happier with Grand's posts and between SiV and Sand I really didn't want to vote either of them. I guess OA had a jokevote on them at that point but I really don't like voting people I've never played with day 1 outside something major, and I was already gone by the time OA started posting and the runup to him.

I still think IA's "OA looks bad" with no vote is fishy and possibly a stall to see if people (like Cena) would end up on SiV and save a scum, but it's hard to read much into that post.

You didn't vote either despite saying you were around which could be the same hope that OA somehow pulls it off, but honestly I've looked you over twice now and I each time convinced myself I didn't want to vote you.

I still believe Sand, I think he had a hunch day 1 and then saw a swing onto OA last minute that looked bad to him.

That's about as far as I have gotten so far.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Do we know how ties work in this game? I know how I used to run tiebreaks in plurality but no idea if there is a standard view.

Still not home so posting will be short. Right now my preference of voted folk would be Cena / Grand / SiV / Sand but honestly there isn’t much difference between them.

So what changed your opinion on Sandwolf from this post to thinking you don't want to vote him?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm still kinda suspicious of sand and I'm wondering where your change of heart comes from so I can see it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

So what changed your opinion on Sandwolf from this post to thinking you don't want to vote him?

I put him last of the people with votes in that post (I forgot about OA having an early vote) so not sure why you think I wanted to vote him there. I think I said after that it was sort of a tossup between him and SiV as least wanting to vote mostly because I felt sand was more on the offensive.

I wanted to vote Cena, and grand would have been my second choice.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Unless my confusing “voted folk” is understandably confusing. That was just looking at the people with votes and my order of preference as I was posting in a parking lot outside a flower shop.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Unless my confusing “voted folk” is understandably confusing. That was just looking at the people with votes and my order of preference as I was posting in a parking lot outside a flower shop.

Yup, that's what happened - my initial read was "these are the people I'd vote", which confused me a lot. I see where you're coming from now, thanks for clearing that up.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Sometimes I put them on too tight and it's uncomfortable. Much prefer just a t-shirt and jeans, myself.

Was rereading you again and I still don't want to vote you. You sat out the vote on OA and SiV despite saying you were around, but that's all I got. However this response deserves a lot of love.

I'm still happy with my IA vote. Deadline is in a day and his only real content was calling OA suspicious but not voting him as D1 deadline approached.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Unhelpful post facto comment, spacing looks awkward unvoting and revoting there. My pick for scum off the vote is Keane. Sorry if it sounds like drivebyes but its mostly gut and keane's hmm noncommital playstyle that I kinda dislike.

Are you going to vote CCK, or anyone else for that matter?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i could have also just not voted obama to begin with considering how little time there was left in the day.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

i could have also just not voted obama to begin with considering how little time there was left in the day.

Yeah, you ultimately hammered scum I'm not looking at you today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

Are you going to vote CCK, or anyone else for that matter?

I'd vote keane or hal! ##vote keane

I'm picking up something totally different then you with him, and Hal is taking his tact with Sandwolf.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Voodoofly posted:

Was rereading you again and I still don't want to vote you. You sat out the vote on OA and SiV despite saying you were around, but that's all I got. However this response deserves a lot of love.

I'm still happy with my IA vote. Deadline is in a day and his only real content was calling OA suspicious but not voting him as D1 deadline approached.

I'll give, and stand by, the reason that deadline was at a weird time for me with work.

That's a fair point to be made and kinda bad look for myself, but I was just working and not trying to delay a mounting vote.

I have yet to make inferences from OAs flip, but would probably vote Hal on the same degree of suspicion I had on OA.

Hal also did not vote OA and hasnt even mentioned them as far as I could tell on a poo poo skim.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
##vote Hal

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

I'd vote keane or hal! ##vote keane

I'm picking up something totally different then you with him, and Hal is taking his tact with Sandwolf.

I don't see this vote for CCK as protown.

##vote Toalpaz

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I don't see this vote for CCK as protown.

##vote Toalpaz

Why not?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

do not vote me, guys.

Sandwolf posted:

I feel like this shoulda been a claim post

I still don't like this. What were you trying to say / accomplish here, Sandwolf? Because absent anything else it looks rolefishy, like RF said.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

I'll be honest I really don't care much about Hal and Sand's votes on SiV vis-a-vis not voting OA. At the time Grandi was the vote leader and OA had no votes on them. If Grandi ends up flipping scum then I'll reevaluate.

As for Hal's vote itself (absent anything regarding OA): I routinely find Hal scummy as town, and I think any case I make is going to be the same I've been burnt on my last few games, so going to try and learn something. Don't really have much more to say.

Looking some more.

I'm trying to escape the perpetual bias of the fact that SW and I always think the other is scum, so I can legit see Sand believing his own case. But when I think this scenario over, Hal looks worse. Hal just jumped on and then was there up until deadline but not saying anything other than sort of yes-but-no stuff like this:

Hal Insandenza posted:

I do think voodooflys list is a bit weird as well, but it isnt like he is saying they are all scum together (I don't think anyway)

Obama got some momentum last minute, so either his scum bro pushed back (Sandwolf) or his scum bro decided to let Sandwolf be the one to push back and just rode it out. I'm honestly thinking the latter might be more likely, but that's possibly me overthinking things.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I think maybe a lot of people had low level scummy vibes from Obama. I had voted him once before got the "hello, I am Participating" post, and toal had voted him for other reasons. When he came in and weighed in on person A doing something but not person B, it reminded everywhere that he existed and was being low level scummy, and therefore a decent option.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Cena would you be okay if we killed you as a lurker?

Hey, why did you ask Cena this? I don't think anyone was voting him at the time.

Note, because SW and I always manage to read each other wrong: this is a legit question and not a weird attempt to throw shade.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

I think maybe a lot of people had low level scummy vibes from Obama. I had voted him once before got the "hello, I am Participating" post, and toal had voted him for other reasons. When he came in and weighed in on person A doing something but not person B, it reminded everywhere that he existed and was being low level scummy, and therefore a decent option.

To add on, I feel like big last minute swings usually happen when the majority aren't firmly sold on any particular candidate. Spaghetti? Eh. Tacos? We just had tacos.

Then someone goes "gently caress it, what if we order a pizza?" and people jump on board because sure, why not.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sandwolf, some day, you and I will be scum together, and our bussing will be epic.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Would rather not elaborate atm. Just saying, the vote is more pro-CCK than anti-Toalpaz.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

mafia edit, probably unnecessary, *My* vote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##unvote

Skimming for now but IAs post felt reasonable.

SiV: I was ignoring Hal because I always find him scummy and I’ve been dead wrong on him last few times we were in game together. I’ll look at him again in light of other people’s cases but seems like every time I push a case on him myself it’s completely wrong.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Would rather not elaborate atm. Just saying, the vote is more pro-CCK than anti-Toalpaz.

this is baffling logic, to be honest. and goes against most voting conventions.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

I'm very charming, Toal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

What voting convention is it going against?