Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy gently caress! No wonder there were so many spoilers for this chapter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

frajaq posted:

Please stop bullying Xia so much...

no please bully xia more my enjoyment of his character is proportionately linked to how much he gets bullied

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hanafusa will take this as a challenge and Alan will become a character like Jack in Baki who is some weird half-machine person.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad I got to see my boy Raian murder the gently caress outta someone.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Begemot posted:

I'm glad that Raian has an opponent who's on his wavelength. Hopefully they become friends after this :allears:

:lmao:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I wonder while sparring vs Raian daily, how many of Ohma's losses ended with other Kure members intervening to stop Raian from going for some Mortal Kombat style fatality.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zerilan posted:

I wonder while sparring vs Raian daily, how many of Ohma's losses ended with other Kure members intervening to stop Raian from going for some Mortal Kombat style fatality.

Probably none. Raian doesn't kill for no reason. He ripped and Tore because Alan would not get out of the way.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's possible we'll be told Raian knew he had the knife so killing him instantly was an act of self-preservation. Which wouldn't be entirely wrong though obviously raian enjoyed killing him.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Alan is getting DQ'd for starting the fight before the ref was ready

Chaos Triangle
Dec 9, 2007
DO NOT TRUST
If the fight gets ruled a draw because the ref hadn't technically started it I will laugh and laugh and laugh

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Under Purgatory rules, Purgatory gladiators never lose.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This is going to end with another L by killing the opponent, isn't it...

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1205419

Really loving excited for this one, these are probably the two fighters I've been most curious to see in action and I really wanna know what the deal is with Masaki 2. I really liked the deliberations over the outcome of the previous match too, all the options had their merits and it was cool seeing them work it out. Also loving the purgatory folks coming to terms with the fact that, despite the rules, they're fighting on Kengan match terms.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I really appreciate sane, rational Masaki. I will be very sad if he becomes a lunatic.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
meguro was the ruined remnants of a martial arts genius, but almost everyone in the kengan tournament was a martial arts genius. so, he was mostly noteworthy for his ability to shrug off all non-lethal damage. i have no idea what masaki has going for him other than a predisposition toward mental illness.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
A smile on his face and a can-do attitude.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

meguro was the ruined remnants of a martial arts genius, but almost everyone in the kengan tournament was a martial arts genius.

Yeah, but they are fighting against Purgatory. :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I wouldn't be surprised if the decision for Alan's win was reversed later for drama. The Purgatory head was very specific about accepting the loss if Wu used the knife and we're shown a frame of his holding the knife in the last issue. (Doesn't really matter though.)

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Hypocrisy posted:

I really appreciate sane, rational Masaki. I will be very sad if he becomes a lunatic.

What if he proceeds to sadistically brutalize his opponent while retaining a level, even-keel emotional state?

Even putting aside the Meguro stuff, he's Hayami's adopted kid, and that guy's probably the biggest rear end in a top hat in this comic, even more than Akoya

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
If nothing else I like that the Purgatory side is actually getting spooked by all these deaths and admittedly the Kengan crew brought 3 murderers and a clone of a murderer that might still have the same mental instability that caused his brother to kill his father and friends. Purgatory had 2 infiltrators, a guy only holding a spot for this tournament, and LeBanner's hidden bloodlust. For a group of showmen they shouldn't have expected this kind of engagement. All in all THIS is the kind of inbetween chapter the series needed more of early on and it's a shame Carlos and Toa are in the background now, the last one dealing with the teams swapping info about the worms was also nice. We're getting a better idea of the dynamics within Purgatory, got some other A-list fighter that could possibly jump in, and some meaningful reactions to a match result.

Only thing I really ask for at this point is some Win/loss stats for Purgatory. It's really egregious we don't lead every fight with those

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still a little baffled that these fighters who can read a fight watching it from 50+ feet away couldn't tell the guy that Ryuki killed literally grabbed his hand and forced the blow to be fatal

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I'm still a little baffled that these fighters who can read a fight watching it from 50+ feet away couldn't tell the guy that Ryuki killed literally grabbed his hand and forced the blow to be fatal

Maybe he was that loving good that he fooled the fighters outside the ring?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Things of note for me.

1. There's a Korean in Purgatory, who could have tagged in if anyone had chosen to step out.

2. Meguro was the eldest son, which means that he must've had siblings. Maybe Masaki 2 is related to him after all!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Theory: Masaki is Meguro's little brother, was the true killer and somehow mindfreaked his big bro into believing he was the actual culprit

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

To be fair Naidan said that the initial neck stab was already fatal, he was just speeding it up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

To be fair Naidan said that the initial neck stab was already fatal, he was just speeding it up.

He was talking and aware, they have expert medical staff on the grounds already. Hanafusa has worked on worse.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
That is a valid point. Hanafusa is basically a medicine wizard, I'm sure a quarter-size hole in a head isn't even in the top ten of dumb fighter bullshit he's fixed.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

He was talking and aware, they have expert medical staff on the grounds already. Hanafusa has worked on worse.

Hanafusa used all his magical medical powers justifying Ohma's survival. That's why Toa isn't conscious yet and Alan couldn't be nanomachined back into life.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just wait till you see Cyborg-Alan in Danberu

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"The Gaping Dragon"' Alan Wu will return in Kengan Sigma

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

please let Masaki be normal please

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Theory: Masaki is Meguro's little brother, was the true killer and somehow mindfreaked his big bro into believing he was the actual culprit

yeah either the dude is a transcended good guy bodhisattva or he's a transcended psycho. In either case he's incapable of feeling emotional pain

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I hope he's good, mainly because it would be extremely predictable if he wasn't.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, between him looking like Meguro and all the suspicious stuff surrounding him, him being secretly psycho would be the most predictable and lame "twist" ever.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

Ytlaya posted:

I hope he's good, mainly because it would be extremely predictable if he wasn't.

Turns out he hates the nickname, but keeps it because dad chose it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meguro gets his hands I'm the guy and eventually manages to throw him out of the ring, so hard that he crashes into the bleachers in fact.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I can't wait for 3 pages of the two fighters just holding each other and a commentator saying "It's a power of wills" of some dumb poo poo, followed by 3 pages of flips twirls slides and backflips leading a winner.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Plutonis posted:

I would be very surprised, because Masaki is 21 years old and the killings were 22 years ago at this point.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Yeah, it was commented upon. The in-universe theory was that Meguro was cloned right after being taken in by Hayami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
remember when we got cool spreads like this

and i'm not sorry Meguro loving owned