Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i like the way they dribble and luguentz dort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

rivetz posted:

Obligatory caveat that Covid makes literally everything worse, but man it seems like the league is in such a good spot right now in terms of the talent/product. I look at the slate of games tonight and there's not one single team in the NBA I wouldn't happily watch from start to finish. Every team right now has multiple players completely worth checking out. And if you rank teams by tier in terms of their shot to win it all, not only does each tier have multiple teams, but the dropoff between teams is reasonable, i.e. even your third- or fourth-tier team is capable of putting together a compelling game on any given night, even the lottery-bound teams have got players I want to watch. And I have to think that if you take the NBA's top 100 and stack them by age, you'd find a terrific balance between old guard and new blood, just seems like a really healthy place for the league to be.

It staggers me sometimes that NBA revenues are so completely dwarfed by MLB's. Nothing against baseball, we all have our biases/preferences, but seriously, it's night and day imo. Using that tiering perspective I outlined above, you couldn't pay me to watch the two worst baseball teams poo poo up a field for three hours, but I'm allll about that matchup in the NBA. Just a more watchable product, period.

I dunno Magic vs Pistons sounds pretty unwatchable to me

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lmaoooo

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Time posted:

That rockets logo sucked rear end and I DMed morey on Twitter so many times to get it changed that when I met him at the Sloan analytics conference he recognized me and just started laughing

good man

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1360407714292256769?s=19

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh man this loving blows
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1360407714292256769?s=20

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

duodenum posted:

He has to get to 66k minutes, 6 rings, *and* 3 NCAA championships to get into the conversation with the true GOAT.

I’m laughing at the concept of a 40+ LeBron going to college for the first time and busting heads at the NCAA tournament

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Actually, the sweepers in curling abrade the ice to induce friction in order to slow/steer the stone.

:eng101:

Are you sure? The first Google result suggests otherwise:

"Curlers sweep the ice to help the stone travel farther and straighter. Sweeping in front of the stone reduces friction and helps the curlers control the amount of curl the stone undergoes. The sweeping quickly heats and melts the pebbles on the ice leaving a film of water. This film reduces the friction between the stone and ice." - https://ssec.si.edu/stemvisions-blog/why-does-curling-stone-curl

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the robinson injury is going to bring Jo out of retirement

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Anthony Edwards still has a shot at ROY, that kid is good

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Carlosologist posted:

I’m laughing at the concept of a 40+ LeBron going to college for the first time and busting heads at the NCAA tournament

This is without a doubt the only thing that could get me to watch college basketball nowadays

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

the Nuggets' bench is going to get them bounced in the 1st round

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

Mods, thread title please?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Senator Drinksalot posted:

the Nuggets' bench is going to get them bounced in the 1st round

Hmmmm until RJ Hampton is unleashed

I’m pretty convinced that the Nuggets’ success in the bubble was at least 50% because Barton was injured

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

R.D. Mangles posted:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

Hmmmm until RJ Hampton is unleashed

I’m pretty convinced that the Nuggets’ success in the bubble was at least 50% because Barton was injured

Yeah RJ has flashed some star potential. I dunno what happened to Barton but he can barely dribble

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol okc lost by 2 and at the end of the 3rd diallo goaltended a 3pt heave

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Metapod posted:

Lol okc lost by 2 and at the end of the 3rd diallo goaltended a 3pt heave

Masterful tanking.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

honestly you gotta be a joke writer

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
In positive news kenrich Williams seems to have skills other than hustle

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Please consider the Utah Jazz

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1360414112438759427?s=19

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1360431708349362182?s=19

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 13, 2021

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Lockback posted:

This is almost as good as the cyberdust friendship with Cuban

Can't forget the time Vlade saw WhyteRyce at an In N Out and said hey aren't you the guy who sweeps up after games

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

LeBron is doing it again

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1360389944615854083?s=19

R.D. Mangles posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

They're good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is not a mentally stable person

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Haha, Russ is losing his mind

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Actually, the sweepers in curling abrade the ice to induce friction in order to slow/steer the stone.

:eng101:

DorianGravy posted:

"Curlers sweep the ice to help the stone travel farther and straighter. Sweeping in front of the stone reduces friction and helps the curlers control the amount of curl the stone undergoes. The sweeping quickly heats and melts the pebbles on the ice leaving a film of water. This film reduces the friction between the stone and ice." - https://ssec.si.edu/stemvisions-blog/why-does-curling-stone-curl

Indeed, curling sheets are made abrasive by pebbling:

Sweeping it makes it smoother which reduces friction which reduces momentum loss which reduces curling.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they should just not pebble it, that way you don’t need sweepers. seems stupid

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
literally dozens of jobs are at stake. not to mention the broom manufacturer

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Completely normal, i do this all the time. Find a new slant yall

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

DorianGravy posted:

I based my statement on what the dude who trained me during a corporate outing to do curling in Minnesota told us. I just read the same thing you did and it looks like I was bullshitted. Props to the guy who hosed with us for realizing we wouldn't know better.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I went curling once at a work party, it's pretty fun.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't get why the 100% accurate Lillard take is included with the other tweets.

morestuff posted:

Anthony Edwards still has a shot at ROY, that kid is good

it's neat to watch some of the stuff he can do yeah, hopefully he manages to break through the wiggins barrier

also as an aside, in the two game's KAT has played since coming back D'Lo has been out with an injury. Rosas must have used a Monkey's Paw wish to pull off that trade.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

MourningView posted:

Please consider the Utah Jazz

Really hope they don't rush Mike back at all and just let him rest for a few weeks

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

In positive news kenrich Williams seems to have skills other than hustle

He can rebound! and defend! and Pass! And competently dribble if you don't pressure him too much!

He just couldn't put ball in basket, as a Pel.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P6xm2peGmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
That’s the content I want!