Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Speaking of shitheads that need to be forgotten, the entire female cast of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel just popped out the woodwork over the last 24 hours to remind us why Joss Whedon is a terrible human being.

Also Whedon got recently shitcanned by HBO from a show he was making for them called The Nevers and I just looked up the premise and it reads like someone wrote a parody of every Whedon TV show ever:

Michelle Trachtenberg posted on Instagram that there was a rule on the set about not allowing Whedon to be alone in a room with her “again.”

She was 15 when she started on Buffy.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wingard has since said that this is not going to be a remake but is a sequel.

https://twitter.com/Simon_Barrett/status/1360061154819792897

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

Wingard has since said that this is not going to be a remake but is a sequel.

https://twitter.com/Simon_Barrett/status/1360061154819792897

oh that is even loving worse

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The only way to top those performances is to cast 2021 Nicholas Cage and 2021 John Travolta. It will be a totally different movie, just do it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The last sequel they made was Blair Witch which was a long form video of squandered good ideas

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I don't know if there's anything about the premise of Face/Off that was not fully explored by the movie Face/Off

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly I don't know if there's anything about the premise of Face/Off that was not fully explored by the movie Face/Off

I think they should take some inspiration from Society

:nws: :nws:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait for every single one-off film I've ever cherished to be sequelized and rebooted 5 times over each by the time I die

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I could imagine you finding a good film in a Face/off sequel just by focusing on an aspect that's in the first film, but is barely mentioned: That Castor Troy, doing gangster poo poo as a cop, is enormously praised as a cop. He's Time's man of the year. Make that your narrative focus and you've got a viable 2021 take on the story.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Castor Troy gets everyone to hate cops by "telling it like it is"

as a cop

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Hopefully Kong vs Godzilla is a success and Wingard can escape to a more interesting horror or action project

alternatively get travolta in full Moose mode

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

fatherboxx posted:

Hopefully Kong vs Godzilla is a success and Wingard can escape to a more interesting horror or action project

alternatively get travolta in full Moose mode

Moose and Wicker Cage

Big Man

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Maxwell Lord posted:

Maybe I’m showing my age, but I’m predicting the original will have more impressive stunt work. Stunt men are still doing incredible things, but the inclusion of CGI blurs the lines and makes my brain read the action as less impressive.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wait Adam Wingard is doing the next Godzilla? The recent movies are not my cup of tea but ive loved everything this dude has made.

The Guest is amazing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maxwell Lord posted:

The hero and the villain who go through the face/off procedure are both played by Nic Cage.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Davros1 posted:

The hero and the villain who go through the face/off procedure are both played by Nic Cage.

Sequel to Mandy where Nic Cage has a chainsaw duel with himself

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
They should create the 90s Nic Cage Action Movie Universe so we get sequels to Face/Off, The Rock and Con Air as the same movie.

Nic Cage as Stanley Goodspeed, still on the run with the stolen files revealing who really killed JFK and what happened at Roswell, has to break back into Alcatraz with Cameron Poe (Nic Cage) to battle the son of Castor Troy (a digitally de-aged Nic Cage) who intends to trigger an earthquake that will destroy the entire Western Seaboard for some loving reason. With special guest cameos from Benjamin Franklin Gates (Nic Cage) and Lt Terence McDonagh (Nic Cage)!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Payndz posted:

They should create the 90s Nic Cage Action Movie Universe so we get sequels to Face/Off, The Rock and Con Air as the same movie.

Nic Cage as Stanley Goodspeed, still on the run with the stolen files revealing who really killed JFK and what happened at Roswell, has to break back into Alcatraz with Cameron Poe (Nic Cage) to battle the son of Castor Troy (a digitally de-aged Nic Cage) who intends to trigger an earthquake that will destroy the entire Western Seaboard for some loving reason.

This looks like a job for...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shageletic posted:

Wait Adam Wingard is doing the next Godzilla? The recent movies are not my cup of tea but ive loved everything this dude has made.

Even Death Note?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Death Note is a blast

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1360274891254161412

Only the greatest people.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Maxwell Lord posted:

Dick/Off

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mamkute posted:

Dick/Off

Cage gesturing at his crotch. "I'm going to take his dick... off"

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Surprising absolutely no one.

quote:

Carano will develop, produce, and star in the upcoming film, which The Daily Wire says it will release exclusively to its members as the company looks to bolster its entertainment division. Details are being kept under wraps but it will be produced as part of Daily Wire’s partnership with Bone Tomahawk producer Dallas Sonnier and his Bonfire Legend banner.

Oh, huh

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I'm not cancelled, I'm not cancelled she continues to insist as she slowly shrinks and transforms into a Fox News anchor.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
They can't cancel us if we don't let them. It's almost as if canceling isnt actually real :thunk:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

married but discreet posted:

They can't cancel us if we don't let them. It's almost as if canceling isnt actually real :thunk:

It's almost like, if a broad category of viewers think Gina Carano is a dipshit idiot that they dislike, they don't particularly want to see her in things. I'm starting to think it might not be a top-down initiative organized by Leftists at all!

It's like conservatives think boycotts didn't exist until 2016. Nobody ever decided a famous person sucked and they didn't want to support them anymore until now.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1360383663691685892?s=19

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they both rule and this rules. I would watch them watch paint dry

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Carano was posting Jewish banker memes back in December so I'm surprised it took this long for her to get shitcanned

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
i enjoyed mandalorian season 2 but it's true, it definitely showed some of the same flaws as the sequels insofar as it was clearly a corporate vehicle. i will say that i thought the ice spider episode was really really good and a great creature feature. the one with timothy olyphant was pretty cool too. giancarlo esposito, sad to say, was totally phoning it in and just doing a complete retread of gus from breaking bad

the ahsoka episode was probably the worst and imo it suffered the most from wearing its kurosawa influences too heavily on its sleeve. if you're gonna shoot swordfights with dust blowing across the frame, do some fuckin camera pans!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Aglet56 posted:

the ahsoka episode was probably the worst and imo it suffered the most from wearing its kurosawa influences too heavily on its sleeve. if you're gonna shoot swordfights with dust blowing across the frame, do some fuckin camera pans!

This might be a big weakness of those digitally projected sets they use, that you're very limited in where you can put the camera.

Season 2 really wore me out with the references to existing characters from the EU. I didn't know most of them, so ended up feeling left out.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the projected screen tech is really cool. It excites me because of the potential for indie projects and low budget productions to have sets which allow for fantastical locations while also providing a modicum of realism for the actors, especially in the age of covid. Of course the companies who control those sets are gonna charge an arm and a leg to shoot there and kill the dream in the crib

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was hoping that Oliphant would show up in more episodes. Hopefully he'll be in season 3.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Davros1 posted:

"he has a car chase with himself"

Gina Carano plays the widdlewist school security guard who could, when antifa terrorists shoot up her HS, only a good guygal with a gun will prevail

easter egg: antifa terrorist steps on a mandalorian action figure, get it?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The Klowner posted:

I think the projected screen tech is really cool. It excites me because of the potential for indie projects and low budget productions to have sets which allow for fantastical locations while also providing a modicum of realism for the actors, especially in the age of covid. Of course the companies who control those sets are gonna charge an arm and a leg to shoot there and kill the dream in the crib

There's also the problem of having to build the virtual environments beforehand, which isn't going to be cheap either.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Alan Smithee posted:

"he has a car chase with himself"

Gina Carano plays the widdlewist school security guard who could, when antifa terrorists shoot up her HS, only a good guygal with a gun will prevail

easter egg: antifa terrorist steps on a mandalorian action figure, get it?

lol that they had a school police officer during a shooting and he immediately ran away as far as he could, and courts have ruled police are under no obligation to protect the children

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aglet56 posted:

It also suffers from the fact that Ahsoka's....head thing looks terrible in live action. It really does look like she's wearing a rubber hat.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Alhazred posted:

Ahsoka's....head thing

Loaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Phoebe Bridgers being a thing at the same time is really annoying. I guess every generation needs their Dermot Mulroney/Dylan McDermot.