Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone have a Sex Criminals Volume 6 TPB ($17.99) that they would want to trade for a sealed Event Leviathan hardcover ($29.99)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Rhyno posted:

Hey guys, what's the best version of Greg Rucka's Queen and Country in collected edition?

Probably those paperback essential collections that were like $10-$15 a few years back.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It looks like the X of Swords omni is going to run into the same supply issues in Europe that the She-Hulk omni did. It's going through a similar cycle of delays. :( I wonder why it's only Marvel that is struggling with distribution during the pandemic. DC, Image, and Dark Horse seem to be doing just fine.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Different distributors? Looks like Marvel uses Hachette and DC/Dark Horse use Penguin.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

To chime in on a somewhat related note, it feels like when Marvel put out an omnibus in Europe, if you don't get it immediately, it's back out of print.

I didn't have the spare cash to drop on the Remender X Force omnibus when it got a reprint in November. By Christmas it was all gone.

frameset fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 2, 2021

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
On the subject of Marvel omnis going out of print quickly in Europe anyone else have difficulty grabbing a War of the Realms Omnibus? By the time I had enough money to grab 1 it was just gone.

I know omnis can sell out quickly but this seems faster than I'm used to.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Nyeehg posted:

On the subject of Marvel omnis going out of print quickly in Europe anyone else have difficulty grabbing a War of the Realms Omnibus? By the time I had enough money to grab 1 it was just gone.

I know omnis can sell out quickly but this seems faster than I'm used to.

A lot of omnis from the last half of last year sold out quickly, with a few going almost instantly, due to the insane demand caused by the pandemic. War of the Realms was one of them, Absolute Carnage another. Demand seems to have calmed some (or supply increased) for the new omnis that have come out over the last month or two, at least in the US, but War of the Realms seems to be one of the most wanted books of last year so I suspect it would sell out even with more supply.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Harbinger Wars 2 Deluxe Edition finally on its way, possibly the last Valiant hardcover published or worth reading for a while. And I say that on the strength of Secret Weapons being included.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Amazon has the GMo Batman Omnis 1 and 2 for $35 each after their coupon special.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Rhyno posted:

Amazon has the GMo Batman Omnis 1 and 2 for $35 each after their coupon special.

Awesome thanks for the heads up. Good way to get me to buy the third.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

BONE: Full Color One Volume Edition for sale $71.33, you have to clip the coupon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Snyder Batman Omni v1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401298842/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_FSY2C2SC3FPGFDZXS8GE

$64 with a $21 off coupon.

$45 for a $125 book.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Snyder Batman Omni v1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401298842/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_FSY2C2SC3FPGFDZXS8GE

$64 with a $21 off coupon.

$45 for a $125 book.

drat. Pretty jealous. I've keeping an eye on this on the UK.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The first Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus is getting a reprint in November, apparently. If this means that the rest of the series is finally getting released in omnibus format, that would be amazing. I do believe the original printing had a big fat 1 at the bottom, so maybe they'll finally deliver on the inferred promise of a volume 2. :v:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

JordanKai posted:

The first Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus is getting a reprint in November, apparently. If this means that the rest of the series is finally getting released in omnibus format, that would be amazing. I do believe the original printing had a big fat 1 at the bottom, so maybe they'll finally deliver on the inferred promise of a volume 2. :v:

The April Fool's joke where they solicited the *whole* Ultimate Spider-Man series into one omnibus was pretty funny.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

JordanKai posted:

Actually, the first printing has a "Barnes & Noble" at the bottom since it was compiled into that format for the bookstore.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Random Stranger posted:

Actually, the first printing has a "Barnes & Noble" at the bottom since it was compiled into that format for the bookstore.

That was my first omnibus ever. It's not even called an omnibus either, it's called the "Ultimate Spider-Man Collection"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

That's a different release. Marvel made their own omnibus and B&N did a separate version for bookstores.

I'm fairly sure the contents of both are the same. I actually like the design of the B&N version better, so I wouldn't mind if that one got a second volume either.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 23, 2021

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

B&N had some cool stuff. I think I bought all the softcover Masterworks they put out.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

TheManWithNoName posted:

B&N had some cool stuff. I think I bought all the softcover Masterworks they put out.

They put out two awesome hardcovers of the original Trigun manga (not the much longer afterseries, unfortunately). There's some wonderful embossed typography on the cover. :swoon:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

JordanKai posted:

That's a different release. Marvel made their own omnibus and B&N did a separate version for bookstores.

I'm fairly sure the contents of both are the same. I actually like the design of the B&N version better, so I wouldn't mind if that one got a second volume either.

If it's the exact same content in the exact same format but printed at another time, then it's another edition.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

lol

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Someone here would buy it and then be lovely about the binding.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

^burtle posted:

Someone here would buy it and then be lovely about the binding.

I feel very attacked right now :v:.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Does anyone have access to or know a place that has the Dan Slott She-Hulk omnibus hardcover for a lower than retail+ price? My wife ordered it for me last October as pre-order from Amazon with the listing saying it'd ship in December, but it just kept getting pushed back. It's still a pending order, but Amazon and everywhere else I can find are out of stock. I really enjoyed that run when I first read it years ago, so I'd like to add it to the collection, but $140 or so shipped off of eBay isn't enticing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Amazon, Ollie's and local pickups for February.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i also got the two morrison omnibii. waiting for a sale on the third.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DAVE MCKEAN always a good time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space Fish posted:

DAVE MCKEAN always a good time.

It was five bucks!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

RusteJuxx posted:

Does anyone have access to or know a place that has the Dan Slott She-Hulk omnibus hardcover for a lower than retail+ price? My wife ordered it for me last October as pre-order from Amazon with the listing saying it'd ship in December, but it just kept getting pushed back. It's still a pending order, but Amazon and everywhere else I can find are out of stock. I really enjoyed that run when I first read it years ago, so I'd like to add it to the collection, but $140 or so shipped off of eBay isn't enticing.

I'm afraid you're square out of luck. :( I couldn't find it anywhere before or after release and ended up having to get it from a reseller.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Amazon, Ollie's and local pickups for February.

Joe Casey's Wildcats run may be an all-time Top Ten run for me. Have you read the rest of it? Vicious Circles and Serial Boxes precede Battery Park, and then you want Wildcats 3.0 Volumes 1 and 2 for the material that comes after.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have and I own the 3.0 trades, I never see the middle run trades anymore so for $3 I couldn't pass it up.

I was making an ikea run and hit an ollies in a lovely Indiana meth town, surprisingly good stock!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Does Big Lots have cheap collected editions a la Ollie's? I think I heard that somewhere but maybe I dreamt it..?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

Does Big Lots have cheap collected editions a la Ollie's? I think I heard that somewhere but maybe I dreamt it..?

I haven't been to my local Big Lots in about a year, but I never saw any comics or collected editions there. Great place for finding cheap and interesting international foods, drinks, and snacks, though.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I once found cases and cases of Lois & Clark DVDs at Big Lots. Never seen comics there but they do get random stuff in.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The Superman by Grant Morrison omnibus has a table of contents with page numbers, but the pages themselves are not numbered. Never change, DC. :smithfrog:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

JordanKai posted:

The Superman by Grant Morrison omnibus has a table of contents with page numbers, but the pages themselves are not numbered. Never change, DC. :smithfrog:

My DC Universe by Alan Moore hardcover has the same thing going on. Also, there's no Killing Joke despite KJ art being prominently featured on the cover.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Is this worth buying?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Is this worth buying?

It's decent, but I can think of about three Swamp Thing runs that deserved an omnibus before this one. Not an all-timer by any means.