Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Cerebral Bore posted:

You see, the way you get a babyface over is to have them lose repeatedly against the same guy for months on end while insisting that they're totally gonna win any day now.

Invalid Validation posted:

All time low morale keeps getting funnier every time it’s used.

and thats why im numb to all "those POOR wrestlers" stories. Can only cheer for a weenie for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Morale is improving to a decline

Morale has advanced in a direction not necessarily to our advantage.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Low morale, hell! We're just raising morale in the opposite direction!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Morale is going up my hole.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Drew Mac vs Randy Orton
Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens
Big E vs Apollo Crews
Jeff Hardy vs Elias

I legitimately believe Vince is senile and forgets he books these every week. And his employees are too cowardly to challenge him. Yes sir, Mr McMahon. Sounds like a real fresh match for sure Mr. McMahon!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

Morale has advanced in a direction not necessarily to our advantage.

Morale has been compromised to a permanent end.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

lol i can't believe i ever spent money or supported this poo poo rear end company

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

This makes me think about my past feelings for Russo. Like, if he was just a bad writer and booker, whatever. No point hating a person who is bad at their job. But then you learn a lot of his decisions were based on bigotry and his own hosed up-ness and suddenly all that sympathy vanishes.

Same for WWE. It was the Pandemic firings that convinced me that WWE isn't just a bad company on a technical level, it's bad on a moral level. And the list of reasons why they are more malicious than simply incompetent just keeps growing and growing.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The golden age of saving money by cutting the cord and subscribing to streaming is just about over. Now there's going to be so many different streaming services that you'll have to pay just about what you were paying before just to watch everything you want.

Luckily, all I watch is sports, so hopefully this works out for me personally.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Beatings will continue until morale improves!

Really not shocked at this though. When all the talent just up and folded over Twitch rights was a pretty clear sign to management that they could get away with anything

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I can't believe these dumb motherfuckers do not unionise. I know we're not supposed to rag on the workers, but for gently caress sake. WWE is clearly committed to being as evil as possible at all times and will not stop pushing that boundary; there is zero point standing by and hoping they will miraculously change their ways. Every wrestler, every announcer, every person on the set crews, camera crews, audio, web, everything, need to unionise and stand up to management.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

unions just want to take food off your table

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

pressedbunny posted:

I can't believe these dumb motherfuckers do not unionise. I know we're not supposed to rag on the workers, but for gently caress sake. WWE is clearly committed to being as evil as possible at all times and will not stop pushing that boundary; there is zero point standing by and hoping they will miraculously change their ways. Every wrestler, every announcer, every person on the set crews, camera crews, audio, web, everything, need to unionise and stand up to management.

they get paid to get hit in the head op, they're dumb as rocks

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
jomosapiens already ate their lunch, whats left to take

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Remember that wwe wrestlers, when asked who the smartest person they know is, almost all say it’s Kane by far

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

oldpainless posted:

Remember that wwe wrestlers, when asked who the smartest person they know is, almost all say it’s Kane by far

and yet you probably don't know what these words mean... curious...

https://twitter.com/GlennJacobsTN/status/1360205410561622017?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

pressedbunny posted:

Why pay union dues when you can get a brand spanking new PS5?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kane's a libertarian, which means great high-school-debate skills, which means gish galloping all over you. To sadly many people, this = "smarts"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

unions just want to take food off your table

AJ heard that if you don't pay union dues you can buy more video games and dropped some choice antisemitic slurs in a heated gaming moment.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

By the time the PS5 is widely available WWE talent will have given up so much they won't be able to afford it!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rarity posted:

Excuse me, I believe Mr. McMahon's informative pamphlet clearly stated I could buy an X-Box.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Red posted:

Excuse me, I believe Mr. McMahon's informative pamphlet clearly stated I could buy an X-Pac.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Those video game console vs union dues pamphlets were circulated by one or more airlines (I think Delta) like 5 years ago, not WWE.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

Vince McMahon should burn in hell, quote this post if you agree.

Agree but that's still to nice. He would end up running hell and promise people shots at heaven.

jesus WEP posted:

Vince McMahon explaining how there’s no money for raises this year

:perfect:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I can't speak to the office staff, but anyone who thinks the wrestlers aren't going to roll over like dogs and kill themselves on pointless ladder matches on takeover and blame interest declines on the marks on twitter while praising vkm, well they are kidding themselves

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sigma posted:

I’m sure you could give every HQ worker a 10% raise and not break 2 mil. Not give a cursory 2% inflation raise should be criminal

WWE has 800 employees (not included talent that are independent contractors). Giving everyone a $2,500 raise would be $2M. Which would be about 1% of their $208M of profit in 2020

Good lord. Imaging making that much money during a pandemic and saying no to raises. It’s an industry where they just sit on money that they make. There is no expansion, no infrastructure to build, like absolutely nothing that they are saving for other than a rainy day. And they still fired a bunch of people in a pandemic.

I get the whole shareholder thing, but keep in mind, Vince owns 28 million shares and paid dividends of 48 cents per share last year. Dude made almost $14M in just dividends paid to himself. He didn’t have to issue dividends for Class B stock, but he did it anyway. But no raises for office staff. Need to tighten up that budget. Oh cut dividends for the person that has 70% of the voting power? Nah. lol.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

based on he staggering decline in overall viewership over time they've got to be running out of twenty year olds who saw Randy Orton have a match when they were eight and also two days ago and dreamt of being the guy getting put up for a rope assisted DDT

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Karma Tornado posted:

based on he staggering decline in overall viewership over time they've got to be running out of twenty year olds who saw Randy Orton have a match when they were eight and also two days ago and dreamt of being the guy getting put up for a rope assisted DDT

I’m pretty sure they just signed Anthony Henry (date of birth December 29, 1984).

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Those video game console vs union dues pamphlets were circulated by one or more airlines (I think Delta) like 5 years ago, not WWE.

Cavauro posted:

they're handing this stuff out backstage recently, since a few weeks after the zelina release. know your audience i guess

sorry, looks like you were wrong

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that's a worked leaflet

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's a worked leaflet

but was it handed off?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at once again making record profits and then calling a meeting with the people who sacrifice their bodies and years off their lives for your company to tell them you're taking money away from them yet again

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

There was an image of a pamphlet circulated with a WWE logo, but that was likely photoshopped.

Edit: Oh, beaten; I can't tell if it's legit or not

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

no one would waste their time photoshopping that. there were similar deflections when another wrestling company had a pretty incriminating accounts payable sheet leak to the public

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's take another dive into WWE Glassdoor reviews

Here's a one star review from last month:

quote:

"Nope"
Pros

Recognizable brand, "fun" product and it is "cool" to say you work there.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. Don't be fooled by HR, the HR Reps there are NOT there for the employees. They will not stand up for you or take your issues seriously. They are clearly afraid of the management, especially if they support groups that are close to senior leadership. If they support anyone that is close to Vince they will do nothing for you but cover their own backside. It is a toxic culture that is driven by fear and intimidation. Even if you have a great boss who "protects" you from the chaos above them, in the end they have very little control. I've seen good people terminated against their immediate supervisor's guidance for very little and when asked for an explanation all HR could say was "performance issues" even when there was no indication there were issues. No discussion, no nothing. Just one day you're gone. If you're main goal is $$$ they will pay you well but know that it comes with a cost and you'll be looking for a new role within a year or two, your choice or theirs.

Advice to Management

There's nothing that can be said here that will make one bit of difference. This will never change. As long as the McMahons are in charge and the HR people are afraid to stand up and actually be there for the employees this place will be exactly what it is.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1360638446759337985

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm always staggered when people act shocked that HR are not there to support employees. The entire job is about protecting the company. But then I'm also staggered so many working class people aren't union members & think unions are bad so I just don't get people sometimes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Astro7x posted:

WWE has 800 employees (not included talent that are independent contractors). Giving everyone a $2,500 raise would be $2M. Which would be about 1% of their $208M of profit in 2020

Good lord. Imaging making that much money during a pandemic and saying no to raises. It’s an industry where they just sit on money that they make. There is no expansion, no infrastructure to build, like absolutely nothing that they are saving for other than a rainy day. And they still fired a bunch of people in a pandemic.

I get the whole shareholder thing, but keep in mind, Vince owns 28 million shares and paid dividends of 48 cents per share last year. Dude made almost $14M in just dividends paid to himself. He didn’t have to issue dividends for Class B stock, but he did it anyway. But no raises for office staff. Need to tighten up that budget. Oh cut dividends for the person that has 70% of the voting power? Nah. lol.

Maybe if employees want more money they should simply buy WWE stock. A mere 5000 shares would get them that $2500 a year, and surely they have $230k sitting around to buy that.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

All of this is loving moot, and may as well be Cesaro farting from his mouth since he and the others on the roster actively bend over so their employer can grind each and every one of them into paste and get paid less and less for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Talking Smack is where all the good wrestlers go to cut worked shoots that never have any bearing whatsoever on the actual TV shows.