Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It was plurality, the vote happened at t-1. It was tied before he moved. He probably would have been executed anyway, depending on CPigs tiebreakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

Hal, CCK, SiV and Cena haven’t voted. Deadline in a couple hours. You all need to weigh in.

Good lord, ok, been a bit out of it let me do some digging

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I’ll also say the last few times I’ve played as scum the two vote leaders on day 1 were also scum (sand one of those was me, you and merk). If I think Cena is scum it makes me much more likely to believe SiV is also scum and he had a no win choice. On the other hand Cena could also be town and the OA push was helmed by some scum to save SiV over OA.

Or it’s all just conjecture and wrong.

Bottom line is Cena objectively hammered scum. Doesn’t make him town but he has so little to go on otherwise I have to factor it in.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

In what dimension would you be more willing to vote SiV over Cena? The rush left SiV to vote OA and nabbed scum?

I agree, I think the case on SiV yesterday was decent but hard to see two scum as the only options in plurality

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

I’ll also say the last few times I’ve played as scum the two vote leaders on day 1 were also scum (sand one of those was me, you and merk). If I think Cena is scum it makes me much more likely to believe SiV is also scum and he had a no win choice. On the other hand Cena could also be town and the OA push was helmed by some scum to save SiV over OA.

Or it’s all just conjecture and wrong.

Bottom line is Cena objectively hammered scum. Doesn’t make him town but he has so little to go on otherwise I have to factor it in.

Ha, well that’s clearly the opposite of what I just said. I think that’s a more reasonable stance in a majority game where the scum can also hope for a NL, I just think in plurality scum would have found ANYONE to try and move the vote to rather than get stuck in a no win situation.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I suppose in a world where Cena thought a tie would result in a NL his move would make sense if Obama/SiV/Cena were the scumteam

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

SiV and Grand were leading the charge at a whopping 2 votes at one point hours before the deadline. There was a lot of apathy or people who didn’t realize the deadline was approaching (or working etc).

Sand had a decent case. OA made a horrible post. It happened in like 30 minutes. I would call anything about d1 calculated.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I have no idea on what the normal tiebreaker rules are for plurality anymore.

When I ran plurality games 10 years ago I used to break ties bu whoever would have been executed before the tie is still executed in which case Cena swapping absolutely swung it from SiV to OA.

Might be wrong. I thought someone earlier said Cena was a hammer early in Day 2 when I asked about it because I was unclear so I’ve been assuming that is correct.

Anyway at this point I’m fine voting Cena but it’s basically a lurker vote (which I’m completely good with).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

SiV and Grand were leading the charge at a whopping 2 votes at one point hours before the deadline. There was a lot of apathy or people who didn’t realize the deadline was approaching (or working etc).

Sand had a decent case. OA made a horrible post. It happened in like 30 minutes. I would call anything about d1 calculated.

That’s fair, I wasn’t around so I’m just looking at votes out of context. I still see Cena jumping to SiV to tie it right before the end and then back to OA, just seems like weird play for scum since it does nothing to help their scumbro

I still don’t like Sandwolf a lot today, and I think his Cena push is kind of forced, even his post where he quotes voodoo and votes Cena seems off to me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Because I think Voodoo’s thinking here is stuck in old SA Mafia thinking, so while he’s acting scummy to me rn, I think he’s acting in accordance with what I would expect from Voodoo if that makes sense. I dunno. I’d vote Voodoo but I’d much rather kill Cena\

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Because I think Voodoo’s thinking here is stuck in old SA Mafia thinking, so while he’s acting scummy to me rn, I think he’s acting in accordance with what I would expect from Voodoo if that makes sense. I dunno. I’d vote Voodoo but I’d much rather kill Cena\

I could also just be very bad at this game sometimes and have nothing to really go on here.

##unvote going to try and think about this fresh if possible.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Keane or Voodoofly are giving me sorta sus-y vibes. I say or because something in their chatting feels stilted but I don’t know what, but I think only one of them could be faking.

I’m realizing this post doesn’t saying anything but hit send

This was the post before you voted Cena,

Did you even talk about Cena prior to your vote?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

I’m a little sussed out by Cena’s back and forth at eod

literally my first post of D2, Hal are you scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

literally my first post of D2, Hal are you scum?

Yeah I see one or two other semi mentions but most of your words have gone to other people

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah I see one or two other semi mentions but most of your words have gone to other people

So are you saying my vote on Cena came too late or I’ve been talking about things other than Cena?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I submitted my vote by mail CapPig should get it shortly.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

SiV who do you think is scum? You’ve shaded Hal, calling his vote on you scummier than sands. You have the one post on rhyme. Other than that you are just going back and forth with sand.

I’m starting to think I might want to vote you over Hal right now.

I'm a tutor. I work Saturday mornings. I just finished for the day.

I'm not feeling anybody strongly enough to vote just yet. I will be here until deadline. Catching up.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Did you remember to put a stamp on it??

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

I'm not sure I understand. If I'm scum, about to get lunched, then I can't "forget" to claim, because I'm not actually a town PR.

I got the same rolefishy vibe RF did, to be honest -- it read to me that you thought it was a soft claim, and wanted me to either full-on claim or state categorically that I was vanilla.

Sand you didn't answer this btw, but then I didn't exactly phrase it as a question. Can you elaborate?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

So are you saying my vote on Cena came too late or I’ve been talking about things other than Cena?

I’m saying it was weak and yeah maybe it smells like old rotting fish

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sand you didn't answer this btw, but then I didn't exactly phrase it as a question. Can you elaborate?

It just felt like if you were town about to be lunched you’d claim, the post you made felt like you had a claim to make but was purposefully not making it (like needing to verify whatever your fakeclaim would be, trying to stall until deadline). I interpreted that purposefully not claiming as an attempt at stalling or hoping you wouldn’t have to claim.

I don’t know what kind of silver you’re looking for in this mine, SiV, you keep coming back to me and I don’t know why. Even if it was a rolefish, does that make me scum? Do scum try and rolefish on the person that, at that point, looks like they’re going down?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

I’m saying it was weak and yeah maybe it smells like old rotting fish

So you don’t think Cena is scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

So you don’t think Cena is scum?

Cena hasn’t posted enough for me to read him one way or another but I still think the way the end of day happened he doesn’t seem like the most likely scum, no

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
To better elaborate:

I'm sus on Sand, mainly because he pushed hard against the OA swap, also for what felt like role fishing. But I'm undercutting that because A sand and I always think the other person is scum, literally every effing game, and B, some of what he did around EoD feels not quite like how scum would act, given OA's alignment.

I'm sus on Hal for being around but not participating much in the back and forth fray, other than a couple of lukewarm posts.

I'm sus on Cena for the back and forth at the end of d1, but weighing against that is that he ultimately went me over OA, and I have the advantage over you guys, in that I know I'm town.

I mentioned RWC but I was trying to logic out what his thinking is. I don't think he's scum.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

It just felt like if you were town about to be lunched you’d claim, the post you made felt like you had a claim to make but was purposefully not making it (like needing to verify whatever your fakeclaim would be, trying to stall until deadline). I interpreted that purposefully not claiming as an attempt at stalling or hoping you wouldn’t have to claim.

I don’t know what kind of silver you’re looking for in this mine, SiV, you keep coming back to me and I don’t know why. Even if it was a rolefish, does that make me scum? Do scum try and rolefish on the person that, at that point, looks like they’re going down?

It was teetering between me and OA at that time (I think?) so my reasoning when I looked back over it later was basically, in the scenario where you ARE scum, you'd want to nail down if that was a soft claim or not, because if it's going to be OA instead of me, at least you might get a town PR outed in exchange for losing your scumbro.

Esp if me saying that actually got momentum away from me, which it seemed to.

I get squirrelly around role fishing, probably because when I'm scum I am way focused on trying to piece together town PRs to kill.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Btw sand I don't actually think you are scum rn. I keep thinking I have reasons to think you are but keep going back to just gut check not believing it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Btw sand I don't actually think you are scum rn. I keep thinking I have reasons to think you are but keep going back to just gut check not believing it.

I’m p sure you’re town if that’s any consolation! Am a little confused by your focus on me though, especially if you’re getting light town feelings from me

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

For future reference Cena’s vote just moved plurality for SiV to Obama with 5 mins to go

Sandwolf posted:

This feels Real Bad but I don’t have a particularly townie read on Obama so I guess we’ll see!!

Grandicap posted:

This feels like you know OA's going to flip town.

Sandwolf posted:

That’s dumb because it should instead read like: “look who is causing the absolute last minute plurality leader change”

Basically it's this chunk that makes me think it's not Sand. If OA had flipped town, I could see either town-Sand noting for posterity that Cena had swerved or scum-Sand wanting credit for calling OA as town ... But I feel like the tone is wrong for if this was scum Sand fighting to keep scum OA alive.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sand and SiV what are your thoughts on Hal. Going back and forth on him right now. I’m building our office right now so just checking in from time to time but I always find Hal scummy so would like a gut check.

Goes for anyone else too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I also kinda always read Hal as scummy but something is def pinging me about him here. Usually he seems pretty well logicked out, here he kinda feels like he’s forcing to post what he’s posting

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I’m p sure you’re town if that’s any consolation! Am a little confused by your focus on me though, especially if you’re getting light town feelings from me

Basically I feel like I can point to like a few different things that feel like on paper they should be "see? Yup, he's scum" but my gut is leaning away from it because of more intangible things like your phrasing at EoD.

So I've been asking you questions to try to get a better sense of which way is which, but I just keep confusing myself.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Sand and SiV what are your thoughts on Hal. Going back and forth on him right now. I’m building our office right now so just checking in from time to time but I always find Hal scummy so would like a gut check.

Goes for anyone else too.

I'm p sure I called out Hal for being wishy washy at one point, lemme see if I can find it

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Man this deadline sucks for me

Personally don’t like siv’s posting, especially considering they accused me of forcing content earlier, kinda hypocritical. sandwolf in the other hand prods people, that’s what he does, doesn’t read town or scum to me.

Voodoo’s list seems pretty lazy I’d agree, doesn’t really say anything, no reads at all just ‘I’d vote were other people are voting’

##vote siv

JOHN CENA posted:

my list is even lazier why do i get a pass

Retro Futurist posted:

Hmm ##vote obama Don't like that post and it's their only game related one

Because I'm the vote leader and Obama is hoping no one notices him band wagoning

So while I'm looking for the Hal thing: this makes me lean more town on Cena. It's possible that RF would have called out that post even without Cena doing so, but that was the start of the push on OA, and you'd think a scumbro wouldn't put a flashing arrow on the "wow your post was scummy" quite so much

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

## vote hal. Basically what I said before and gut.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Also if you go two days without voting I’m probably voting you on pure principle.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Insandenza posted:

I do think voodooflys list is a bit weird as well, but it isnt like he is saying they are all scum together (I don't think anyway)

Time stamp: 13:13. Also I really don't like this post of Hal's, it's semi defending Voodoo and semi not

Time stamp: 13:13 and I'm not sure what the arrrgh was in reference to actually

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Man this deadline sucks for me

Personally don’t like siv’s posting, especially considering they accused me of forcing content earlier, kinda hypocritical. sandwolf in the other hand prods people, that’s what he does, doesn’t read town or scum to me.

Voodoo’s list seems pretty lazy I’d agree, doesn’t really say anything, no reads at all just ‘I’d vote were other people are voting’

##vote siv

Time stamp: 13:22

And then Hal doesn't post again until D2.

It's possible he logged off or got distracted. It's also possible he didn't really have any opinion one way or the other, but you'd think he'd want to say something about the huge momentum shift going back and forth. It's also possible he was scum holding his breath hoping OA would emerge unscathed.

I'm a little sus of anyone not voting at EoD, as I can see scum hanging back and hoping things swing the right way instead of being obvious and jumping in to push. But Hal going radio silent, I don't like.

##vote Hal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Voodoofly posted:

Also if you go two days without voting I’m probably voting you on pure principle.

hosed up.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

hosed up.

Decent band.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Time stamp: 13:13. Also I really don't like this post of Hal's, it's semi defending Voodoo and semi not

Time stamp: 13:13 and I'm not sure what the arrrgh was in reference to actually

Time stamp: 13:22

And then Hal doesn't post again until D2.

It's possible he logged off or got distracted. It's also possible he didn't really have any opinion one way or the other, but you'd think he'd want to say something about the huge momentum shift going back and forth. It's also possible he was scum holding his breath hoping OA would emerge unscathed.

I'm a little sus of anyone not voting at EoD, as I can see scum hanging back and hoping things swing the right way instead of being obvious and jumping in to push. But Hal going radio silent, I don't like.

##vote Hal

Argh was in reference to voodoofly (I think) and me crossposting

I wasn’t around for anything that happened with Obama so not sure how I could have commented on it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

keane do you think its hal?