Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i was corrected btw. they load up all the soundboard slots with old aphex twin ambient tracks

press butan 4 weighty emphasis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

the worst is that overproduced radiolab show. holy gently caress i despise it

its the daily specifically and the moment the intro music starts, gives me a hard scowl and a switch to anything else

lol at this remix because at least i can remember it before changing the station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j21foSyyHNs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i just want hourly news sometimes when i'm driving. i don't need a peevish host asking questions after

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
ugh gently caress npr. at some point they started taking Koch funding and that is the moment I realized they are not the bastion of correctness I thought they were, and instead they’re filled with out of touch dipshits doing the truth is in the middle and I now cannot even listen to any of their voices, cadences, or shows. like that was one of my earliest pushes leftward, away from being a dipshit liberal tut tutting at all the wrong in the world.

edit: thanks npr for revealing you’ve sucked all along and I grew up

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
will you look at all these fuckin old geezers complaining about their fuckin radio shows? jesus christ gramps, have a werthers and chill the gently caress out

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yeah i mean how many times can a normal human hear "this segment sponsored by northrup-grummond, making your tomorrow shine" before you just nope out

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

once live 105 got taken over by the kroq people and they replaced alex bennett with howard loving stern I abandoned radio entirely and that was over 20 years ago, I can only imagine it’s vastly worse now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they started offering low power radio transmit licenses in the 2000s but they only allow new stations to apply during specific windows. the last one was 2010.

there was talk of a new one last year but i dont think it happened

anyways i want to run a radio station

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

the kroq people

this made me think of rodney bingenheimer and that made me wonder if he was dead yet and that made me go to wikipedia where i was able to read this gem about Rodney's early life:

quote:

Bingenheimer was born in Mountain View, California, to a star-struck mother who separated from Bingenheimer's father when he was only three years old.[2] His father had wanted to be a celebrity but settled for attending celebrity golf events.[6]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I can never be fully mad at snl because this is one of the greatest pieces of tv comedy ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_LeJfn_qW0

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

they did an ultrasound of my foot and it's barely healed so here's to three more weeks in a cast

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lmao, have you tried healing faster maybe? newbs :rolleyes:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

they did an ultrasound of my foot and it's barely healed so here's to three more weeks in a cast

Your orthopedic situation is a piece of poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

Your orthopedic situation is a piece of poo poo

ok this should be the new thread title

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

ok this should be the new thread title

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

you're only 3 weeks post-breaj right? six weeks is pretty normal. i would know

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/amberharlow__/status/1360468187767181312?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i used to really like radio lab because back in 2010 or w/e I’d never heard that kind of science-y content. this was before I really knew about podcasts.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
I've found random nerdy youtubers are a lot easier to stomach.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I slept all day. Woke up at 21 lmao.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
i like apple podcasts app as a distribution mechanism for a daily news show that i was previously getting through other means, its super convenient

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just catch the news on Teksti-TV.

https://yle.fi/aihe/tekstitv?P=190

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

i used to really like radio lab because back in 2010 or w/e I’d never heard that kind of science-y content. this was before I really knew about podcasts.

NPR used to be some useful news + intolerable people talking about how great they are

The past few years it's been Steve Inskeep bringing on random Trump admin flacks to yell at him + intolerable people talking about how great they are

Don't waste your time, it's all poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
well, i pretty much stopped listening to radio after 2016, so whatever. sometimes I’ll catch the weekend programming in my wife’s car, which can be fun to listen to still.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'll cop to liking radiohead but their later stuff is way, way better imo

the bends and pablo honey are completely forgettable and honestly i find them kinda grating now, i don't think i've even tried to listen to them in over a decade

fake plastic trees is still one of my favorite songs

i've tried multiple times and coudnt ever get into anything after kid a.

I honestly cant stand dinky beats

i defo try not to be an old man about music and im often trying out new poo poo but sooo little of it sounds good to me. its a shame because i want to like new things

Apr 7, 2003

Never heard of any of these songs.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dinky beats are beats that sound like a small rat is drumming on a small rat drum kit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
radiohead is cats loving while an ondes martenot plays in the background

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

paranoid android loving blasts for 10 seconds or so

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the chord progression alongside "rain down" is so good

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

this is the only radiohead i care about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdzuLl1sHQ0

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpCefrmlXJQ

Apr 7, 2003

Never heard of Radiohead.

Glad no one gives a gently caress about Tool anymore too.

Both of those bands loving sucked.

Apr 7, 2003

The nineties were better than anything we have now and everyone wasted them being pissed off about nothing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The nineties were better than anything we have now and everyone wasted them being pissed off about nothing.

I think you were in the bizarro nineties?

Apr 7, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think you were in the bizarro nineties?

The US was absolutely better, materially speaking, in the nineties than it is now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The US was absolutely better, materially speaking, in the nineties than it is now.

no i mean the being pissed off bit

Apr 7, 2003

Everyone was constantly pissed off and living in ennui in the nineties, it was kind of a thing.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

radiohead is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

radiohead is good

Wrong, fuckface.