Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bogus Adventure posted:

Shane is not a great wrestler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Vader didn't weigh 450 pounds lol. He's significantly smaller than a modern nfl lineman who tend to top out at around 350.

Next you'll tell me Adam Cole isn't 6 feet tall!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Counterpoint: their owner is a literal billionaire

Zeta Acosta posted:

the khans could legit buy the wwe if they wanted

vince is insane and i hope he tanks his own company before giving to stephanie and loving hhh of all people

I realize the Kahn's are actual billionaires but most of their (particularly Tony's) net worth is tied up in other franchises in far more lucrative sports. He can't just start throwing money at guys like Turner would/could do.

Also Kenny Omega and other co-owner have outright said they don't plan on competing directly with WWE, where that was Turner's main goal.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

MakaVillian posted:

I realize the Kahn's are actual billionaires but most of their (particularly Tony's) net worth is tied up in other franchises in far more lucrative sports. He can't just start throwing money at guys like Turner would/could do.

Also Kenny Omega and other co-owner have outright said they don't plan on competing directly with WWE, where that was Turner's main goal.
the wwe can match every contract and tony is not a money mark. the khans strategy seems to be expand the landscape of prowrestling so everyone can get richer and they pick the best-most interesting workers from outside wwe land. thunder rosa contract is with billy corgan nwa but she is featured regularly on dynamite. the njpw, impact and probably AAA collaboration is one step closer to that goal.

also gently caress me tony is loaded

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Shane is not a great wrestler, but I will 100% give him his dues for doing some of the most insane elbow drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jP74i6lVI8
j.r.: shane's going for his finishing move!

shane: im johnny knoxville and this is the spanish announce table *falls 3 stories onto a plastic box*

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

MakaVillian posted:

They don't need to compete with WWE because they already won by getting Maki Itoh, the Cutest in the World and the Deity of poo poo. (google that because it's a bit nws)

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

They don't need to compete with WWE because they already won by getting Maki Itoh, the Cutest in the World and the Deity of poo poo. (google that because it's a bit nws)

:hai:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gokXahRSsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaDqnriHTes

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Vader didn't weigh 450 pounds lol. He's significantly smaller than a modern nfl lineman who tend to top out at around 350.

I'd say he was the size of a current lineman, since he was a center for the Rams and then got bigger.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bogus Adventure posted:

Deity of poo poo. (google that because it's a bit nws)

amazing

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It's a pretty great retort to Jim Cornette's tweet, but to be expected from the Queen of the Simps.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Unfortunate choice to sign with his initials, considering

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Thanks to this thread my inner child has returned and now I'm paying :10bux: for the WWE streaming channel and I have 0 regrets

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

My Lovely Horse posted:

Considering, it might not have been unfortunate in his mind

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1351952523024887810

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think it is brave of him to admit being a fan of the band Hawthorne Heights in 2018, 10 years after they peaked commercially and creatively.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Eclipse12 posted:

Thanks to this thread my inner child has returned and now I'm paying :10bux: for the WWE streaming channel and I have 0 regrets

Give it a week when that channel ceases to exist.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
IRAN NUMBER ONE
:d2a:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

frankenfreak posted:

IRAN NUMBER ONE
:d2a:

DONT SAY USA!

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Man, Sensational Sherri gets her rear end kicked just being in the vicinity of Shawn Michaels

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Oh well in that case it isn't impressive at all I guess

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Uh yeah no I'm pretty sure he weighed at least 350

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Jericho's wife spotted at the capitol riots and other gems.

https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1361146873130672128

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Raw Report: Jan 25, 1993

Macho Man beat Repo Man and got his hat back :tipshat:

Horrible Stereotype Kamala beat Brooklyn Brawler in a match that nobody cared about and also Kamala kept acting confused about how to wrestle but the fans loved him anyway

Ric Flair lost to Mr. Perfect and now has to quit WWF forever, bummer for him.

That's all.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's a pretty great retort to Jim Cornette's tweet, but to be expected from the Queen of the Simps.

Thanks to whoever brought this up, because I did not know that Jim Cornette has a podcast. I spent part of the weekend listen to him recount stories about the Steiner brothers engaging in reckless driving and gunplay, and about old-timey wrestling riots.

Also I did not expect Jim Cornette to be a super left-leaning atheist. Guess you can't judge a tennis racket by its cover.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Me.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Raw Report February 01, 1993

Damian Demento lost to Tatanka in a match that sure did happen

Brutus the Barber Beefcake returns from a long hiatus and is interviewed by Vince McMahon. Highlights:
-Brutus had both his parents die
-His wife left him
-He got hit in the face by a woman who was parasailing and was nearly killed
- The camera cut away during this emotional interview to close-up on a kid in the audience who was picking his nose
-Hulk Hogan visited Brutus in the hospital and motivated him to return to wrestling
-Brutus is back and willing to wrestle ANYBODY to get that sweet paycheck

Tag team High Energy beat two other guys so fast that I didn't even have time to pay attention or care.

Macho Man is even better as a commentator than a wrestler. Just a delight.

Doink the Clown beats Typhoon via reverse wedgie/melvin

Vince McMahon sounds and acts like a sane human

Tribute to Andre the Giant who died last week. Tribute lasts maybe two minutes.

"Slim Jims, for those times you don't really care what part of the cow you're eating."

Bobby DeVito :| is murdered by Yokozuna

So many mullets

The Narcissist Lex Luger gets all the men and women hot 'n' bothered until a fat ring girl steals his thunder

Mr Perfect throws a football

Lex Luger takes out his "No Fat Chicks" aggression on Jason Knight

They sure packed a lot into 45 minutes tonight!

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Grem posted:

Next you'll tell me Adam Cole isn't 6 feet tall!

ohnononono

https://youtu.be/y2Td2CTuiVY

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Thanks to whoever brought this up, because I did not know that Jim Cornette has a podcast. I spent part of the weekend listen to him recount stories about the Steiner brothers engaging in reckless driving and gunplay, and about old-timey wrestling riots.

Also I did not expect Jim Cornette to be a super left-leaning atheist. Guess you can't judge a tennis racket by its cover.

Cornette is awesome but I'm biased since we're from the same hometown. I do love that one of his life's goals is to live long enough to piss on Vince Russo's grave.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Yeah, Cornette's take on the Ultimate Warrior's "Destrucity" is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOv2ewcrFDA

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
cornette's cancelled. I can't remember why exactly but it had something to do with refusing to sign wrestlers if they wouldn't have sex with his wife

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Cubone posted:

cornette's cancelled. I can't remember why exactly but it had something to do with refusing to sign wrestlers if they wouldn't have sex with his wife

It’s cause he’s a mega racist and misogynist he just also happens to hate republicans somehow.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Cubone posted:

That very quickly turned out to be bullshit, in as much that none of the dates made any sense as soon as anyone did some basic fact-checking. Apparently him and his wife do swing, as old white people are wont to do, but god bless 'em for having hobbies. He got fired from the NWA later on for rehashing a dumb racist Ethiopian joke from the 1980s and refusing to apologise because he's an idiot who spent 40 years being paid to rile people up and never back down from anything. He's also one of those people who consistently manage to be an rear end in a top hat despite having legitimate points and great comic timing, where everything has to be taken too far until it's obnoxious.

That said, a bunch of people in the wrestling forum got reaaaaal mad at me for suggesting it wasn't a reasonable position to claim that an old man saying on his personal podcast that their favourite wrestlers were garbagemen and not as good as Jimmy Del Ray or whatever the gently caress made them feel "unsafe", a position which seems to have died off after it turned out a bunch of those favourite wrestlers were actual factual rapists, insurrectionists, or super-spreaders.

In summary, Cornette is a land of contrasts

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

A talking coyote posted:

mega racist and misogynist

This is like, every 3rd wrestler for the last 50 years. Including the women.

edit: I'm not saying its right, its just the industry so not shocking

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Raw Report: February 15th, 1993

Super Steiner Bros. representing Detroit fight, um... Bobby Who and Glenn Ruth. The losers had their skulls and necks ground into fine powder by the Steiner brothers who are easily the most exciting (and career-ending) team in town. Suplex! Suplex from the top of your momma's house! Piledrive you right through the ring, floor, and into the sewer where you belong!

WRESTLEMANIA IX IS COMING GET YOUR TICKETS NOW

Use Ico Pro! We refuse to explain what this product is, even a little bit. Steroids? I'm assuming steroids.

Yokozuna is about to fight Ross Greenberg and even though the match hasn't even started I'm going to go ahead and write that Yokozuna wins.

A commercial for posters. Literal paper posters. Gotta be great margins on those.

Recap from the weekend show. Yokozuna squished Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

16 man battle royal! Pandemonium! They just had the Royal Rumble, but screw it, let's do it again! People go flying and it's looking rough until Giant Gonzalez shows up uninvited (which ALSO happened at the Royal Rumble) and gives Razor Ramon a free win.

Brutus the Barber "wins" his comeback match against DiBiase but loses the side match of Face vs Steel Briefcase

Eclipse12 fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 15, 2021

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
There's a lot of Brutus the Barber in these recaps and I just want to mention that the time Outlaw Ron Bass cut Brutuses forehead with his spur and they put a huge 'CENSORED' thing on the screen and there was blood everywhere was very distressing to the little boy version of me. is he dead. Did I just watch a murder.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Cut him on purpose or on accident?

Ron Bass was a real low-down no good scoundrel. I don't care for blood in wrestling. In MMA it doesn't bother me at all, but for some reason in wrestling it's just too much.

Also I bet Brutus really began to hate that his gimmick in life, both in and out of the ring, was "face destruction."

Eclipse12 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

There's a lot of Brutus the Barber in these recaps and I just want to mention that the time Outlaw Ron Bass cut Brutuses forehead with his spur and they put a huge 'CENSORED' thing on the screen and there was blood everywhere was very distressing to the little boy version of me. is he dead. Did I just watch a murder.

i can reassure you that hulk hogan's real life best friend brutus beefcake did in fact continue to earn an undeserved living after the year nineteen eighty eight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7OPKZLrOTs