Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Davros1 posted:

What if Hayward's Mephisto, and tried to manipulate Wanda, but now is in panic mode because she's more powerful than he imagined and he's lost control?

Or, what if all of that is true except for the bit of him being Mephisto? Because that all tracks with what's happening on the show. Hell, it would even explain how Wanda knew SWORD had Vision's body. Because in the course of Heywood trying to get information about Vision from her, she figured out (or read some minds to learn) where SWORD had Vision's corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I hope if they are trying to do all this poo poo as 9 episode ads for their movies they at least have the good sense to answer some loving questions before they end on an obvious cliffhanger. If the season finale ends with "find out what REALLY happened to Wanda and Vision in Dr. Strange 2!!!!" tag, I'm going to loving scream.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Gaz-L posted:

I'd certainly not be shocked for Olsen and Bettany to be supporting roles in whatever Young Avengers project is definitely gonna be the Phase 4 capper. And there's possibly room for some some kind of Agents Of Atlas style thing with Woo and Rambeau if they really wanted. (Look, I just want Gorilla Man and M11 The Human Robot in the MCU, OK?)

The DVD Show being missed by so many people bugged me, because Bettany and Olsen were doing fairly uncanny replications of DVD and MTM's performances. (Honestly, that exact plot of 'Laura plans a romantic/sexy dinner at home, but Rob invited Alan/their producer over, oh no!' must've been done on the show at some point, right?)

I want to say yes, because that's just totally a Dick Van Dyke show plotline, but my God were there absolutely line for line references. Like Laura's "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you!". I've always been a huge fan of the Dick van Dyke show and you can feel that the man himself helped with the tone.

I think Mary Tyler Moore would have loved Olsen's performance.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 13, 2021

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ravel posted:

The aerospace engineer could be one of the existing secondary characters who have changed career. Kat Dennings' character didn't have a physics background the last time we saw her.

That's way overthinking it for MCU movies. Like how the hell is she hacking onto a military system with a few keystrokes? Because being a scientist means you're good at all science and can also hack in almost any movie/show.

This isn't Mr. Robot (which everyone should watch), which even bullshits some of its hacks when it's written into a corner.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What is the timeline here in terms of Spider-Man far from home?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I was rewatching the last half of ep 6 and I noticed that when the Hex starts to grow, it seems to do so is an almost organic manner. And it sounds like its growling.

Doctor Nutt posted:

I hope if they are trying to do all this poo poo as 9 episode ads for their movies they at least have the good sense to answer some loving questions before they end on an obvious cliffhanger. If the season finale ends with "find out what REALLY happened to Wanda and Vision in Dr. Strange 2!!!!" tag, I'm going to loving scream.

Kevin Feige has explicitly stated that WV will not be "required reading" for Dr. Strange 2.

Pillowpants posted:

This is a few weeks after Endgame, while FFH is at least a few months.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Apparently each of the last three episodes are an hour a piece. Can't find confirmation or denial yet

https://twitter.com/RianaTweetsNow/status/1360700853552771072?s=19

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Technowolf posted:

Kevin Feige has explicitly stated that WV will not be "required reading" for Dr. Strange 2.

But I notice this doesn't say that Dr. Strange 2 will not be "required reading" for WV.

:350:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

that's not a direct quote from Schaeffer, that's just how it's being framed. what she actually said is a lot vaguer and more general.

Seedge posted:

Apparently each of the last three episodes are an hour a piece. Can't find confirmation or denial yet

if the source is a random Twitter account claiming that Feige said something but you can't find a quote from Feige saying that, odds are it's BS. they've been pretty secretive about episode lengths, for whatever reason; Schaeffer has refused to answer any questions about it in the interviews I've seen/heard

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 14, 2021

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Doctor Nutt posted:

But I notice this doesn't say that Dr. Strange 2 will not be "required reading" for WV.

:350:

Outside of Infinity War / Endgame (which was very explicitly a 2 part thing), Marvel has never really done this though. You could have watched pretty much any of the Marvel movies without seeing anything else and you wouldn't be very lost as to what's happening. And every one of them has more or less resolved their plots by the end (again, minus Infinity war)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

Spidey takes place about 6 months from where we are now in the timeline.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I want to say yes, because that's just totally a Dick Van Dyke show plotline, but my God were there absolutely line for line references. Like Laura's "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you!". I've always been a huge fan of the Dick van Dyke show and you can feel that the man himself helped with the tone.

I think Mary Tyler Moore would have loved Olsen's performance.

Vision's "What are you wearing?! ...What are you wearing:heysexy:?" feels like he could've had Van Dyke on set literally giving him a read to mimic.

But similarly, they both did great channeling of Jane Kaczmarek and Bryan Cranston this week.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Seedge posted:

Sounds like just guessing/bullshit from an instagram account with 85 followers, based on this interview:

quote:

With Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki and Hawkeye, do you envision those shows being 30 minutes each because a lot of the Disney+ series seem to be around 30 minutes each? And I'm just curious if any of these things are ever going to always be like an hour or 50-minute episodes?
FEIGE: Well, we're looking a little differently. We're looking at it as developing them as either six hour-episodes, or nine or 10 half-hour episodes. So, for instance, WandaVision started that way and Falcon and the Winter Soldier as 30 minutes, but because it's streaming, it's Disney+, and the rules have blurred over the years, yes. Some can be 23 minutes. Some can be much longer than that. But She-Hulk, for instance, is being developed as 10 30-minute episodes. Some will be longer and some will be shorter. Loki, Falcon and the Winter Soldier is being developed as six 40-50-minute episodes.

Because I was also curious with like Moon Knight, is it basically everything you're doing around six hours?
FEIGE: Yes.

So since we already had 6x30 minutes, that's 3 hours, so if you wanted to hit 6 hours of content, you'd need 3 hour long episodes.

But he didn't actually say that. He said they're making shows that are either six hour long episodes, or nine or ten half hours.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

Has it? It’s a reasonable inference to make, and I know it’s been confirmed that both WV and SM3 lead into DS2, but I’m not sure how official the WV/SM3 connection is. I may have missed or be misremembering something, though.

Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out before Spider-Man 3 so it can't be that serious a connection.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wouldn't be shocked if 9 is a 'feature length' episode, so 50 minutes or so, to match with the first week being a double bill.

Also, theory that seems so obvious I'm kinda mad I didn't think of it sooner: The Yo'Magic ad in this episode implied to me that the baddie is feeding on magic in some way. Who did we last see in the MCU doing exactly that? Baron Mordo. And I don't think Chiwetel Ejiofor has ever worked with Bettany, which would make sense as the actor he's wanted to work with.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I hope once this is done, Disney+ releases a supercut of this to watch one one sitting.

Also I heard some idea of the villain being Mojo, but I don't see it. However, I do think Mojo would be perfect as a villain in a MCU Deadpool movie, and that he is voiced by Eric Andre.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if 9 is a 'feature length' episode, so 50 minutes or so, to match with the first week being a double bill.

Also, theory that seems so obvious I'm kinda mad I didn't think of it sooner: The Yo'Magic ad in this episode implied to me that the baddie is feeding on magic in some way. Who did we last see in the MCU doing exactly that? Baron Mordo. And I don't think Chiwetel Ejiofor has ever worked with Bettany, which would make sense as the actor he's wanted to work with.

I'd kind of like it; with DS2 being about the multiverse, I feel like Mordo's heel turn and his quest to drain magic of others at the end of DS seems like a secondary threat, but if his quest is somewhat related to the threat of DS2, this series would be a good choice to connect them.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pillowpants posted:

In Spider-Man Far From Home they mention having to redo a whole school year despite doing half before the snap. This is a few weeks/couple months after Endgame.

I guess Far From Home is maybe 9 months post Endgame? Maybe longer.

Edit: They blipped back during the school year, so everyone that came back might have just been given an early summer. It could be around the middle of the previous school year since the school band blipped back into a basketball game and basketball was a winter sport. Far From Home should be over a year after Endgame considering that.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 14, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Gaz-L posted:

Hope so, but Disney’s directive just seems to be, make the episodes as long as they need to be. With Mandalorian and Wandavision now more or less in the books, it seems like 25-30 minutes might end up being the norm for all these shows, with some episodes going out to 45 or so. Mandalorian kind of hit that for the S2 finale, but it doesn’t seem like they are shooting for anything longer. Someone with more knowledge than me can probably figure out what the page length estimate is for these episode scripts, 25-30 pages? Then some episodes end up being longer as some effects or action sequences stretch the time out.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Spacebump posted:

In Spider-Man Far From Home they mention having to redo a whole school year despite doing half before the snap. This is a few weeks/couple months after Endgame.

I guess Far From Home is maybe 9 months post Endgame? Maybe longer. They blipped back during the school year, so everyone that came back might have just been given an early summer.

If nothing else, FFH is set during the summer while WV seems to be in the fall.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

live with fruit posted:

If nothing else, FFH is set during the summer while WV seems to be in the fall.

They blip back during a school year, maybe the winter due to a basketball game going on. The students complain
they had to redo a full year. So Far From Home may be a year and a half after endgame while WandaVision is 5ish weeks later.

Edit: a friend is telling me Betty said 8 months in Far From Home so I could be way off.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teek posted:

Hope so, but Disney’s directive just seems to be, make the episodes as long as they need to be. With Mandalorian and Wandavision now more or less in the books, it seems like 25-30 minutes might end up being the norm for all these shows, with some episodes going out to 45 or so. Mandalorian kind of hit that for the S2 finale, but it doesn’t seem like they are shooting for anything longer. Someone with more knowledge than me can probably figure out what the page length estimate is for these episode scripts, 25-30 pages? Then some episodes end up being longer as some effects or action sequences stretch the time out.

Usual rule of thumb is a page a minute, with heavy dialogue or action scenes throwing it off.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If the blip happened to the MCU adjacent Sony movies, could Eddie Brock blip away while the symbiote stays?

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Spacebump posted:

If the blip happened to the MCU adjacent Sony movies, could Eddie Brock blip away while the symbiote stays?

Theoretically it's possible but Venom made fuckloads at the box office so unless the sequel tanks (very much possible given this is sony we are talking about) expect Eddie to be around for a while.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
But if FFH happens after Wandavision and the next Spider-Man is rumored to be tied directly to WV and the Strange movie, doesn’t that gently caress up the continuity

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

But if FFH happens after Wandavision and the next Spider-Man is rumored to be tied directly to WV and the Strange movie, doesn’t that gently caress up the continuity

We don't know how WandaVision ends yet or how much time passes between it and Spider-Man 3 or DS2.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Teek posted:

I remember reading Disney wanted the shows to stay on the short side to play friendly with people watching on mobile devices. Sort of what Quibii(sp?) was doing but competent

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Spacebump posted:

They blip back during a school year, maybe the winter due to a basketball game going on. The students complain
they had to redo a full year. So Far From Home may be a year and a half after endgame while WandaVision is 5ish weeks later.

Edit: a friend is telling me Betty said 8 months in Far From Home so I could be way off.

They had Halloween in the WandaBubble. Assuming it's a similar time outside the bubble (which is a pretty big assumption). Eight month from, say, the first week of October or so (the UnSnappening was three weeks ago in WandaVision), that would put Far From Home maybe around June or so - which is at least really close to actual summer and definitely within "summer vacation" time.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Everyone posted:

They had Halloween in the WandaBubble. Assuming it's a similar time outside the bubble (which is a pretty big assumption). Eight month from, say, the first week of October or so (the UnSnappening was three weeks ago in WandaVision), that would put Far From Home maybe around June or so - which is at least really close to actual summer and definitely within "summer vacation" time.

I’m assuming it’s later than October given how bundled up everyone is and cold it seems. I was assuming December/January. I’m not convinced the timeline in pinned down to months, probably intentionally to give each project breathing room.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Edmund Lava posted:

I’m assuming it’s later than October given how bundled up everyone is and cold it seems. I was assuming December/January. I’m not convinced the timeline in pinned down to months, probably intentionally to give each project breathing room.

WandaVision is set in New Jersey. On average temperatures in October run from highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. Of course, that's in our world. It's possible that a bunch of super-fights, alien invasions and weird mystic poo poo, the climate on MCU Earth is maybe a little colder. Our, hell, maybe Wanda is pulling energy in a way that makes it colder somehow.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
In the 70s episode, "Geraldine" mentions that it's 75 degrees outside.

The weather can be however hot or cold Wanda wants it to be.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Geo Fixer posted:

Theoretically it's possible but Venom made fuckloads at the box office so unless the sequel tanks (very much possible given this is sony we are talking about) expect Eddie to be around for a while.

If they go nuts with the bromance and queer undertones there's a chance is still gonna make a ton of money. Supposedly the reason the movie went from flop to breaking a record was because of the mouth to mouth recommendations among the LGBTQ+ community (The big reason: because of what was technically Venom and Eddie's kiss, and then the recommendations bleed to the general audience). It was so much fun seeing that happening.

(I'm actually right now re-watching the movie. And aw, dear, the dialogues are so funny in a good way).

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Desperado Bones posted:

If they go nuts with the bromance and queer undertones there's a chance is still gonna make a ton of money. Supposedly the reason the movie went from flop to breaking a record was because of the mouth to mouth recommendations among the LGBTQ+ community (The big reason: because of what was technically Venom and Eddie's kiss, and then the recommendations bleed to the general audience). It was so much fun seeing that happening.

(I'm actually right now re-watching the movie. And aw, dear, the dialogues are so funny in a good way).

Venom was pretty good, but I want more Tom Hardy in Taboo. I just need to see more of Hardy as White African John Constantine murdering the gently caress out of the officials of the East India Trading Company.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
I was intrigued by people talking about how a background actor in a plague mask stares right at Wanda/the camera when she’s talking to Herb so I watched that scene.

It’s a Halloween decoration. It’s like a scarecrow with a mask attached to a pole.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Jagermonster posted:

I was intrigued by people talking about how a background actor in a plague mask stares right at Wanda/the camera when she’s talking to Herb so I watched that scene.

It’s a Halloween decoration. It’s like a scarecrow with a mask attached to a pole.

Yeah, just rewatched the episode and it's totally just a Halloween decoration.

Also, oh boy.. It does indeed seems as Pietro was given a script. The line that goes something like "I heard you calling me" it was less rising dead brother from the death and more call this guy, it's his turn to act. So he might be someone who already lived in Westview, and was just given super powers for his role? Uh. The "she pulled him from another dimension" seems more and more impossible. A crazy thing would be if the Hex can go through dimensions. Aw, well...we will know what's up these next following episodes.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

FATWS already feels like it'll be heavy with gay bait, in the trailer they're literally in couples therapy and they have married banter. I'd be thrilled if they went for it but it's incredibly unlikely, one of them is inevitably going to be dating Sharon Carter to ensure that's clear.

Could you imagine the collective meltdown if they made them the first proper MCU gay couple? The new (black) Captain America and his gruff WW2 era man out of time cyborg? Amazing.

What did you mean by Venom and Eddie's kiss?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Sorry I am late but this is amazing!!!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

BurritoJustice posted:

FATWS already feels like it'll be heavy with gay bait, in the trailer they're literally in couples therapy and they have married banter. I'd be thrilled if they went for it but it's incredibly unlikely, one of them is inevitably going to be dating Sharon Carter to ensure that's clear.

Could you imagine the collective meltdown if they made them the first proper MCU gay couple? The new (black) Captain America and his gruff WW2 era man out of time cyborg? Amazing.

OOOH MCU owes us a real gay couple. Like actual characters. Not whatever was that with the therapy guy. They should just don't give a gently caress about chuds, times have changed, people -who are not assholes- love stuff like that.

BurritoJustice posted:

What did you mean by Venom and Eddie's kiss?
When Eddie's ex is "wearing" Venom. She kisses him. What many people caught from it is that the one who was first kissing Eddie was Venom not Anne, before getting inside of him again. At no moment when she/he goes in removes himself from Anne's face, until he is back in Eddie's body. It was probably not intended from the writers, but people read it that way. To this day lots have been coding them as gay.

Of course some people get mad at the idea of it, and claim is not valid cuz Venom was in a woman and looking like a hot giant woman. But, lol, who cares as long as shippers are enjoying themselves

Edit: Not only the kiss btw. The whole thing about Venom changing his mind from killing the human race because of Eddie, staying on earth because of Eddie, etc,etc (when Eddie never did anything that you would consider heroic). For me is was more a buddy cop relationship, with a bit of bromance.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 14, 2021

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Desperado Bones posted:

OOOH MCU owes us a real gay couple. Like actual characters. Not whatever was that with the therapy guy. They should just don't give a gently caress about chuds, times have changed, people -who are not assholes- love stuff like that.

Valkyrie is going to have a female love interest and Eternals will have a married gay couple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Valkyrie is going to have a female love interest and Eternals will have a married gay couple.

About Valkyrie I already knew. Wasn't it gonna be Jane Foster? (I think it was implied in a Comic Con)

Eternals I didn't. I hope they do some good work with it.