Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Am I right in assuming that the younger demo is desirable not so much because they have more money now but because they have much more of a lifetime of spending ahead of them, so if you can get them on your brand of whatever you have much more total revenue than you would from an old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Am I right in assuming that the younger demo is desirable not so much because they have more money now but because they have much more of a lifetime of spending ahead of them, so if you can get them on your brand of whatever you have much more total revenue than you would from an old

I think they're perceived as more impulsive, also

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I guess this explains why the reverse mortgage assholes switched spokesmen to Tom Selleck then.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

jesus WEP posted:

Young people typically have more disposable income because they don't have kids/mortgage/etc. So they may not make as much but they're free to burn more of it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I guess this explains why the reverse mortgage assholes switched spokesmen to Tom Selleck then.

please, poison mortgage

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Younger viewers are also less set in their ways where older viewers are less likely to try new things or switch brands.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ChrisBTY posted:

They should also run ads about how reverse mortgages actually are bad, featuring a black woman.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

jesus WEP posted:

Pretty much....some 50 year old isn’t going to buy a Chrysler if they’ve driven a Ford their entire life. But if you can convince that 20 year old to buy a Chrysler you’ll have them as a customer for life potentially.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Younger viewers are also less set in their ways where older viewers are less likely to try new things or switch brands.

Yeah, the journalism-as-business courses I took emphasized that the demo was based around people who don't have fully formed brand identifiers and are going to baking their own decisions with big purchases. Kids not of majority aren't going to be making big purchases and later in life people are set in their ways and have formed their biases with regards to purchasing patterns. Thus you have this desirable demo that is making purchases (as the final arbiter) but doesn't have fully formed biases.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
20 years ago advertisers didn't even bother with olds at all, boomers are just such a large group that advertisers feel like they really know really well that they're still one of the more desirable groups. They don't give a gently caress about Gen X at all though now. Rips.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I'm not even sure if young people have more disposable income than old people anymore

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The other thing about the demo is young men are especially mystifying to advertisers and they can't figure out how to reach them so that portion of the demo is very valuable.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

MassRafTer posted:

CBS has traditionally been stronger with older viewers.

Letterman used to tell the joke: why does CBS love daylight savings time?

It's the closest they come to getting a younger audience.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Erebus posted:

I think that's CBS' entire strategy, quietly air proceedurals for old people to fall asleep to and just let them go forever.

I just saw that CBS is doing a sequel to the original CSI called CSI: Las Vegas.

Also, is the Takeover tomorrow on the network or be on Peacock?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Digital Jedi posted:

I just saw that CBS is doing a sequel to the original CSI called CSI: Las Vegas.

Also, is the Takeover tomorrow on the network or be on Peacock?

The Peacock era begins with Fastlane.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

mooseinfants posted:

I'm not even sure if young people have more disposable income than old people anymore

my day of work is mostly talking to ppl who are 60+ and never heard of bitcoin until the news talked about it the other day and they want to drop 8 thousand dollars cash on it right now, yea, old ppl def have disposable income.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Edward Mass posted:

The Peacock era begins with Fastlane.

Fastlane was on fox.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Just watching the first couple Raws after Stephanie turns on Vince and sides with HHH in 99 and... for fucks sake Stephanie and HHH have been the exact same loving characters for 22 years. I feel like it takes effort to have such little imagination.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Excuse me, but HHH was just the Game then. Since then he's been the Asskicker, the Cerebral Assassin, the Creator/the Destroyer and the King of Kings. So obviously you're wrong.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Excuse me, but HHH was just the Game then. Since then he's been the Asskicker, the Cerebral Assassin, the Creator/the Destroyer and the King of Kings. So obviously you're wrong.

You just reminded me that earlier in 99 he cut the exact same, "I made you and I can destroy you" promo on Chyna that he still does to this very day.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dude has been on a 20 year power trip while living his best life. Why would he change anything?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
at least hhh is making good money and gets to surf in his free time

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

depressing as it is, the "my hole" line s probably going to be the most anyone has cared about Nia Jax in years.

Her hole is greater than the sum of her parts.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Lamuella posted:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lamuella posted:

depressing as it is, the "my hole" line s probably going to be the most anyone has cared about Nia Jax in years.

What about when she broke Becky's face?

yall did remember that was her right

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Blaise330 posted:

Becky is so cool she spontaneously bled to make for a great start to her push :colbert:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

the fact that nobody remembers that was her is kind of my point.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm very okay with anti-maskers just loving right off.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lamuella posted:

the fact that nobody remembers that was her is kind of my point.

Well how about her being an anti-bullying babyface while having squash matches against 95 pound women. This was after her wrestlemania title match win that everyone remembers

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I'll save you some time, the only things I remember about Nia Jax are that she exists, she's a bad and dangerous wrestler, and she yelled about her butthole.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The best Cesaro promo was the "Four Ropes" one where he stumbled over his words and you could watch him realize in real-time that his push was dead

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lamuella posted:

I'll save you some time, the only things I remember about Nia Jax are that she exists, she's a bad and dangerous wrestler, and she yelled about her butthole.

I often forget she exists, but when I remember I agree with you. The bad part is instead of letting her hole breath organically WWE is going to run that poo poo into the ground for the next 5 years because it went viral and will suck everything people liked about Jax's hole out of popularity.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I highly doubt WWE will pursue the hole angle or make it into anything. If I am wrong it will be great because Nia having to do comedy hole bits for the rest of her career would amuse me. Unless the idea to shout my hole came from Vince himself though he will be bitter about it.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

I highly doubt WWE will pursue the hole angle or make it into anything. If I am wrong it will be great because Nia having to do comedy hole bits for the rest of her career would amuse me. Unless the idea to shout my hole came from Vince himself though he will be bitter about it.

Didn't they already redo it on Smackdown? Like with everything else, they'll be quick to run it into the ground the hole

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

OctoberCountry posted:

The best Cesaro promo was the "Four Ropes" one where he stumbled over his words and you could watch him realize in real-time that his push was dead

The downside of speaking 7 languages, slight hesitations. The genius' burden

bartok
May 10, 2006

Remember when Cena made fun of Cesaro's nipples? At the time I was pissed at Cena burying Cesaro but in hindsight it was pretty funny.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

OctoberCountry posted:

Was that the same show Ryback cut his promo about loving The Secret? I feel like there was a brief period where the wrestlers had a bit more freedom in their promos and then those two botched/awful ones happened and it was right back to strict scripting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Envisioned posted:

Was that the same show Ryback cut his promo about loving The Secret? I feel like there was a brief period where the wrestlers had a bit more freedom in their promos and then those two botched/awful ones happened and it was right back to strict scripting.
lmao i would die laughing if it turned out Ryback of all people got improvised promos killed forever