Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

I don’t think this is true, isn’t part of the whole plot that the Knightmare becomes true and they send the Flash back to warn about it?

That was true of the planned Justice League trilogy, we're not sure how much of that survived the multiple chickenings-out of WB drawing the project down to the one film (and how much ZS might've been able to bring back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yo I haven't seen a movie ever but is there really something called The Knightmare and if so is that a fan thing or a canon name

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

It's not officially called that anywhere it's just what the fans have called it, and Snyder has called it that a few times as well.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I think fans just called it that and it stuck. It's a vision Batman has of an apocalyptic future where Superman helps Darkseid take over the world

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ehhh ok that's less silly than I was hoping. one day someone will have fun with comic books

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Farg posted:

ehhh ok that's less silly than I was hoping. one day someone will have fun with comic books

Lol picturing a scene where batfleck explains his nightmare and specifically mentions that it's spelled Knightmare

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I have a lot of fun IRL and prefer my cape movies to be brooding meditations where gods and demons punt each other through buildings :colbert:

Is that so much to ask?

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

It probably wont happen but would really love Darkseid to say some wild 4th world world dialogue like "I am the tiger-force at the core of all things"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The Knightmare scene works as both a look into Bruce's psyche and how he's afraid of being an impotent messiah and of aliens destroying earth, as well as a vision of what's to come. It's both a dream and a prophecy. That's a neat thing about it, it's not just either/or.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghosthotel posted:

It probably wont happen but would really love Darkseid to say some wild 4th world world dialogue like "I am the tiger-force at the core of all things"

I would also adore that, though at heart I feel like Jack Kirby and Grant Morrison are really the only ones who can capture that level of WTF.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/jurneesmollett/status/1360992546042703874?s=20

:3:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Farg posted:

Its p. fun op, the part in bvs has batman getting trolled with a green lightbulb

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Farg posted:

Boy do I have a cinematic universe for you!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Ya’ll I am loving HYPE

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I like Bruce’s slight smirk when he turns to look at the Joker.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Farg posted:

here's a crazy thought: some people, like me, find movies like this fun

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Ghosthotel posted:

It's not officially called that anywhere it's just what the fans have called it, and Snyder has called it that a few times as well.

actually pretty sure it came from an action figure originally

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/dc-universe-toys/batman-v-superman-knightmare-batman-figure-djh20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Knightmare is no more ridiculous or silly than most Batman titles TBH.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Lol I'd forgotten about the green light bulb. That was such a dick move

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol picturing a scene where batfleck explains his nightmare and specifically mentions that it's spelled Knightmare

A whiteboard in the background:

"Revelations from KnightmareTM:
- Superman = bad
- I'm friends with Joker now(??)
- cool trench coat (find where to buy in advance)"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Leaked footage of Batman arriving to tell the rest of tthe League about the Knightmare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwZ62kYarM

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Got an extremely good screencap when I put logged on to HBO Max to watch Doctor Who

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

josh04 posted:

Leaked footage of Batman arriving to tell the rest of tthe League about the Knightmare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwZ62kYarM

Lol perfect

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Guy A. Person posted:

- cool trench coat (find where to buy in advance)"
People were asking Snyder where Batman got the coat from and Snyder said “he probably pulled it off some dead guy”.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
"That there is one drat fine coat yer wearing."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Apollo posted:

People were asking Snyder where Batman got the coat from and Snyder said “he probably pulled it off some dead guy”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kednB29mfoQ

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Glenn would've been a great star lord. Or a Reed Richards

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MacheteZombie posted:

Glenn would've been a great star lord. Or a Reed Richards

It's bullshit it was Pratt and not him

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

It's bullshit it was Pratt and not him

Could the same not be said of every role Chris Pratt has?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

:hmmyes:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

ImpAtom posted:

Bringing back a sex pest to do an internet meme. It's like Joss Whedon never left

Just so this post doesn't go completely unanswered, yeah it sucks that Leto is widely considered to have taken advantage of underage fans and hopefully there'll be some restitution for that sooner rather than later.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

josh04 posted:

Just so this post doesn't go completely unanswered, yeah it sucks that Leto is widely considered to have taken advantage of underage fans and hopefully there'll be some restitution for that sooner rather than later.

Oh, I know people are aware, I just couldn't pass up the chance to throw poo poo at Joss Whedon and Jerid Leto in the same sentence.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I dunno, he works pretty well in his bit role as the rear end in a top hat cop in Jennifer’s Body

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Leto being brought back sucks rear end, but I'm not letting him taint the entire movie for me.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
This is gonna be extremely bad, I can't wait

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
It looks so dark and miserable to me, like it's going to be all of the self importance of when comic books take themselves too seriously, and little to none of the fun. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Regardless, I have a feeling that it's going to inspire a huge number of opinions on extreme sides of the spectrum. Whereas with the first cut I got mostly a "meh" vibe from everyone who told me about it, I think this is going to be like The Last Jedi where people just absolutely go nuts with the discord for the rest of time. Like 30 percent of movie/comic fans will love it and say its exactly what they wanted, and 60 percent of them will say it's even worse than the first Justice League and combined with the recent Wonder Woman movie, will say they will never watch another DC thing again.

(The last 10 I am expecting to be more in the middle with "mehs" and "some of the stuff he added was interesting but you can't polish a turd" kind of opinions)

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Look at it this way: it’s clearly a very small role, and it probably clears one of his contractually obligated appearances so they can move onto a new guy to be Joker sooner. Like I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out that it just lets Zack explain what exactly happened to Robin, explain why some people aren’t affected by the Anti-Life equation when even Superman is under it’s spell, and send Batman off to do something.

I do wonder if Cyborg’s in the background because he’s the character witnessing all of this going down in some self-projection stuff like what was in those original, pre-Whedon trailers where he’s walking around in his college clothes or if he’s actually in this future.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Superrodan posted:

It looks so dark and miserable to me, like it's going to be all of the self importance of when comic books take themselves too seriously, and little to none of the fun. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Same imo - Watchmen was very low fun per minute wise.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
If fun is stuff like Wonder Woman 1984 I hope this film is the least fun I’ve ever had in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Here’s an article by a POC about why he feels Snyder’s treatment of Cyborg resonates with him.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/the-revolution-of-the-new-justice-league-trailer