Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

To be fair he also nuked $50,000 in cash or so I hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

He probably kept doing his Asian minstrel show in bed. God those Lyle videos are insufferable and of course they are his most popular.

Good news he’s doing more Lyle on his new channel https://youtu.be/jmNl3jC8JYE

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Arivia posted:

:chloe:

I couldn't make it more than a few seconds.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure

wibble posted:

Linus nuked a $2000 motherboard this week :(

Hey now, it was Alex who nuked the motherboard with water and then spent fifteen minutes hot gluing front panel connectors onto pins that are not front panel on the replacement.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/linusgsebastian/status/1356348223829368832

this stuff was yesterday and it's aged beyond belief.

edit: Alex is supposedly "an engineer" but it sounds like maybe didn't actually graduate and spent his time studying suspension dynamics or something. He reminds me 100% of my engineer friends who know a lot of facts & figures that would help a project ... but are totally happy just welding poo poo together and seeing what happens. He's well suited to his role.

well why not fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 3, 2021

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Arivia posted:

God drat that is bad... so bad. How the gently caress do people sit through this stuff?

Nowher fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 3, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I reported the video, if you care to do so, it only takes a second.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nowher posted:

God drat that is bad... so bad. How the gently caress do people sit through this stuff?

All the comments are encouraging it too smh.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Flail Snail posted:

Hey now, it was Alex who nuked the motherboard with water and then spent fifteen minutes hot gluing front panel connectors onto pins that are not front panel on the replacement.

No that’s the $1300 motherboard that died this week. The $2000 motherboard died mysteriously from one of his kids pouring water all over it when he was upgrading his wife’s PC.

Yes, that’s two absurdly halo-quality motherboards LMG has killed this week by loving around with water cooling.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Prescription Combs posted:

I thought I could do better but literally 30 seconds in he’s joking about eating dogs. What the gently caress, Kyle?

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

well why not posted:

I reported the video, if you care to do so, it only takes a second.
:tipshat:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I assume everything Linus does on his show is a bit

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

man idk at what point of buying 50k of stock for a "bit" does it stop becoming a bit

assuming he actually bought it and isn't just meming but idk I guess he probably has full financial control of the company if he really wants to spend money without getting advice

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Worldshatter posted:

man idk at what point of buying 50k of stock for a "bit" does it stop becoming a bit

assuming he actually bought it and isn't just meming but idk I guess he probably has full financial control of the company if he really wants to spend money without getting advice

He promised people if they gave him money he would do it.

He didn't want to break that agreement.

For very good reason, the community would be very angry with him for lying and tricking them into giving him superchats for no reason.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

spunkshui posted:

He promised people if they gave him money he would do it.

He didn't want to break that agreement.

For very good reason, the community would be very angry with him for lying and tricking them into giving him superchats for no reason.

I guess that's not *as* weird, pretty massive if people sent 50k in total but even if they didn't it's more of a justifiable expense I guess

the notion of encouraging people to give their money to you to invest it in an ongoing meme stock rubs me a little the wrong way but hey it's not like they were forced to superchat I guess

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Worldshatter posted:

I guess that's not *as* weird, pretty massive if people sent 50k in total but even if they didn't it's more of a justifiable expense I guess

the notion of encouraging people to give their money to you to invest it in an ongoing meme stock rubs me a little the wrong way but hey it's not like they were forced to superchat I guess

He basically was like LOL this is funny whatever you guys donate today I’m just gonna 5X match it for the memes.

Then he realized he had to cap them.

They hit the cap of 10k.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Worldshatter posted:

He's got a $30,000 TV in his living room. Setting 5 figures on fire for his show is, at some level, just a normal expense.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Worldshatter posted:

LTT regularly lights piles of money on fire to entertain the kids, buying gamestop on the downslide is 100% on brand. This is far from the biggest complete waste of money he's done.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I wonder if dumb stock buys can qualify as a business write off in the hectic world of youtube celebrities

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

If he’d reneged it’d probably cost a lot in damage to his reputation. A lot of the interest in the show is the see sawing between him saying yes to dumb stuff and then regretting it. If he starts saying no then the format may suffer.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We all tune in to see Linus suffer.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

priznat posted:

I wonder if dumb stock buys can qualify as a business write off in the hectic world of youtube celebrities

I think so, yeah, but he’d have to treat the proceeds of sale as company revenue even if it was at a loss

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Worldshatter posted:

He said he would match 5x what people sent in and it ended up being 10k.

Most of it is “his” money. I saw the clip and his wife didn’t sound too happy, but I wouldn’t be surprised he has major bank. A couple months ago he said he could retire comfortably and let the company run it self.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Prescription Combs posted:

Ignoring that, either he's gotten shitcanned by sponsors, or is just really taking the absolute bare minimum sponsor spots.

Of his last two Bitwit videos, it's been a shady key site, and then some Teamviewer replacement that I've literally never heard of with sketchy company info.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/1360675565888446465

not really surprised

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Shame he can't shoot COVID like he wants to do to BLM protesters.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Both Bitwit and his wife uploaded videos about their divorce poo poo on Youtube? Dear God in heaven, who cares (obviously some people do, given view counts)? People get divorced all the time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Combat Pretzel posted:

Both Bitwit and his wife uploaded videos about their divorce poo poo on Youtube? Dear God in heaven, who cares (obviously some people do, given view counts)? People get divorced all the time.

They both loving suck and schadenfreude is a thing.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

His follow up of saying he feels fine hinting that covid isn't a big deal is a pretty good take.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

EVIL Gibson posted:

His follow up of saying he feels fine hinting that covid isn't a big deal is a pretty good take.

"I feel fine" does not hint that covid isn't a big deal. Plenty of people who have gotten covid have posted that they had minor case when, you know, they had a minor case. Even people who are totally on board with covid being seriously dangerous.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Yeah most people will have 'minor cases' which is why this virus is so difficult to contain. Someone telling everyone they feel relatively fine is not some virus-conspiracy signaling. It's just letting people who care about your well-being know that you're ok.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Theophany posted:

They both loving suck and schadenfreude is a thing.
I picked up on plenty of places that he's apparently a tool, for this Lyle thing among other things. What's his wife do? Apart from this stupid handle "Wifeysauce"?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Shame he can't shoot COVID like he wants to do to BLM protesters.
What’s the story on that?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lazyhound posted:

What’s the story on that?

There was a BLM march that went vaguely near his house. He's in some loving suburb so I'm sure this was just regular people marching being loud, not a bunch of guys wearing black looking to burn down a police station. This was right after George Floyd so ordinary people were going to marches all over the place.

He tweeted out that he had a gun and was "trained to use it" to defend his family if any of these rioters came into his house.

It was amazingly tone deaf to start with, but then he also doubled down real hard. Guessing he's tried to keep a low profile on anything political since then, but it was super disheartening and turned me right the gently caress off his channel.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at Jayz being an internet tough guy.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Klyith posted:

There was a BLM march that went vaguely near his house. He's in some loving suburb so I'm sure this was just regular people marching being loud, not a bunch of guys wearing black looking to burn down a police station. This was right after George Floyd so ordinary people were going to marches all over the place.

He tweeted out that he had a gun and was "trained to use it" to defend his family if any of these rioters came into his house.

It was amazingly tone deaf to start with, but then he also doubled down real hard. Guessing he's tried to keep a low profile on anything political since then, but it was super disheartening and turned me right the gently caress off his channel.

not onto his house, onto "his property" in his literal gated community

it wasn't just stupid castle doctrine stuff it also reeked of blind privilege

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Arivia posted:

not onto his house, onto "his property" in his literal gated community

it wasn't just stupid castle doctrine stuff it also reeked of blind privilege

Wait, is this him???

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

White_americans.jpg

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Look at dat tucked polo bulging out of his stupid pants. I bet he spent thousands on prepper gear when what he should have prepped for was heart disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Klyith posted:

He also said the guards in congress were weak and should have fired on the crowd instead of evaccing.

Super good brains on his shoulders