Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What are good frequent pesto uses?

Regular pasta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

Accretionist posted:

Regular pasta?

I most commonly scramble some eggs and put them on either multigrain bread or everything bagels, and then spread some of the pesto, along with sun dried tomatoes that I also get from Costco. (I rarely eat meat but that of course would work on this too). I have this for lunch at least 2-3 times a week and I enjoy it.

I find that I can accidentally overdo it when putting it on pasta and then feel like poo poo afterward from the amount of oil. The breakfast sandwich/bagel never bothers me.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Coredump posted:

Hit us with that top 5 Taima I mean Gaius Marius.

This made my day. I never come in here anymore, but when I read that guys post I kinda was like, that’s something I would say, and then you deliver like that. Amazing to see I’m still represented by my mans :)

PS pho is delicious and definitely top 5 viet, literally ate pho last night.

PPS making rainbow rolls w Costco fish tonight for the hunny

Ok seeya in another 6 months

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Accretionist posted:

Regular pasta?

Big sandwiches, like grill some chicken and put some tomatoes, provolone, and arugula in a big bun.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
anyone remember what the 4 pack of Lysol cost? I only ever saw it once and I've been seeing them at Walmart + Ralphs and now im price comparison mode

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

This made my day. I never come in here anymore, but when I read that guys post I kinda was like, that’s something I would say, and then you deliver like that. Amazing to see I’m still represented by my mans :)

PS pho is delicious and definitely top 5 viet, literally ate pho last night.

PPS making rainbow rolls w Costco fish tonight for the hunny

Ok seeya in another 6 months

Taima I would just like to remind you while you're here that ketchup goes on dogs.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I thought the Costco pesto switched to using trash oil and we don’t like it anymore?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hed posted:

I thought the Costco pesto switched to using trash oil and we don’t like it anymore?

Correct. It’s bad now

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Accretionist posted:

Regular pasta?

Pickle some grapes, Boil some pasta, Brine some chicken, cut it up cook it, and serve with grated parmesan over the whole thing

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Coredump posted:

Taima I would just like to remind you while you're here that ketchup goes on dogs.

Ive kinda come around on it in moderation

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Got the dog the Costco/Barkbox dog toys and she loves them. Crackles and squeaks in 1 toy?! You can also hide dry treats in the not-Pepsi cup, but she seems most fond of the ‘good dog membership’ card.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
felt like a bit of a dick exchanging a dog bed from the last time they came around, but my dog really just didn't like it, probably seen her use it less than a half dozen times in six months. Employee made me feel bad about it at the return window especially since she was allergic to dogs.

But I got the last of the new fuzzy dog beds in the bin and she loves it. Literally seen her sleep on it more times in the last week than she did in the entirety of the time I owned the last one.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Noticed this thread and figured I’d check in to say, if it hasn’t already been said, that the Ajinomoto Yakitori fried rice is a good buy. Japanese-style fried rice that microwaves for three minutes and has a lot of stuff in it. Tastes surprisingly good. Throw some lao gan ma on it.

Ajinomoto’s frozen yakisoba is not quite on the same level unfortunately.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hed posted:

They changed to sunflower oil which is why it isn't as good as it was, but it's still pesto. It's fine for most things, and so much cheaper than making your own.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Broke out the thread-favorite Orange Chicken (freezer aisle) tonight for the first time... and it was a big hit! Served over rice with some green beans I quick sautéed with some sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i found in the before times that its not feasible to impress peeps by entertainin w costco anymore cuz all the peeps youre entertaining have memberships too half the time

so it was like, 'yes i too recognize this high quality kirkland product'

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i found in the before times that its not feasible to impress peeps by entertainin w costco anymore cuz all the peeps youre entertaining have memberships too half the time

I used to bring a 750ml of Milagro to a friend’s house for this very reason. Could bring the Kirkland tequila, but he already has 2 on standby, so it feels wrong.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

We used to bring Costco cookies to every house party until they got so popular that they were usually also there.

Now we usually do the Ghirardelli brownies because they own and are real easy to make.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Costco saturation hasn't reached out where I am and it probably never will. People have to drive more than an hour to the City to go. I get to bring all the Costco goodies to parties. People treat me like some kind of snacking shaman and it's pretty great. Plus now everyone I hang out with asks me to shop for Costco stuff for them so I get to go more. I'mma get fat doing runs for other people just as an excuse to eat two hotdogs for lunch.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hed posted:

I remember that discussion a while back and I think I just don't have a particularly refined pesto palate as it's fine to me. Obviously not as good as some mortar and pestle freshly made and all that but I can boil some pasta and scoop some on top and it's great for the amount of effort involved.

But yes it does feel a little oil heavy so I always try and err on the side of not using too much and making up any deficiency with a copious amount of freshly grated cheese.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I also find that pesto is forgiving as hell. I subbed pine nuts for walnuts once and nobody had any idea. I just eyeball the ingredients and it's always good.

The only time I've ever killed homemade pesto was the first time even I did my usual "double the garlic" step. Yeah don't do this with raw garlic. I ran out of basil so I couldn't dilute it anymore.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Putting that pesto on some of the Costco loaves of bread (sliced, of course), on both sides, then grilling it is :discourse:

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Picked up a bottle of sake from Costco for Valentine's day after being indecisive over the wine selection. I know squat about sake, but it was pretty tasty, especially at the price. Definitely gonna pick up more.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Pinus Porcus posted:

Picked up a bottle of sake from Costco for Valentine's day after being indecisive over the wine selection. I know squat about sake, but it was pretty tasty, especially at the price. Definitely gonna pick up more.

oh poo poo I didn't know they had sake, grabbing that for sure

I wish there was kirkland mead

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Wow, ours had the four pack of AMC theatre tickets on clearance for $11.97 today.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Mercury Hat posted:

Wow, ours had the four pack of AMC theatre tickets on clearance for $11.97 today.
Ooh, you could see Willy's Wonderland starring Nicolas Cage!

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Pinus Porcus posted:

did you pick up the nigori in the pink bottle?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

Ive kinda come around on it in moderation

Ayyyyeee.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

david_a posted:

Big sandwiches, like grill some chicken and put some tomatoes, provolone, and arugula in a big bun.

I read this post and then made a big pesto + Costco sliced turkey + Costco sliced swiss sandwich last night and it was excellent.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I tried the kirkland pesto and had to return it bc it was just neutral oil with garlic and cheese and a whiff of basil.

Protip: you can stretch your basil while making pesto by throwing a bunch of flat parsley into the food processor with it

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Nickoten posted:

Noticed this thread and figured I’d check in to say, if it hasn’t already been said, that the Ajinomoto Yakitori fried rice is a good buy. Japanese-style fried rice that microwaves for three minutes and has a lot of stuff in it. Tastes surprisingly good. Throw some lao gan ma on it.

I used to eat it all the time before I had to start reducing salt. Great with a little hot sauce mixed in.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I dump an indiscriminate amount of the pesto (like half a jar? A lot) plus the juice of several Meyer lemons, salt, and some honey onto the 8lbs+ pork butts that go on sale for $1 a pound. Cook it at 300f for 6 hours. You can eat it with a spoon. It is majestic.

The pesto is terrible in anything else. I find it offensive on pasta.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Costco perfected the sheet cake and made it droll at the same time :(

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Wife loved the Costco Valentines Day flowers I pre-ordered online for her a month ago :c00l:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Nickoten posted:

Hah! I was thinking about posting about this since I first had some on Sunday, and was about to read the thread, check my freezer for the exact name, and post but you beat me to it.

We all got sick of the teriyaki frozen bowls a year or two ago because they were so good and we ate a bunch of them. I loved the shoyu ramen too. We discovered this stuff this weekend and it's so nice! it tastes great, one bag is a good meal for a single person (6 bags, 7 servings it says) and it's not too much that it makes you feel gross or anything. kids love it, it's got veggies, rice and meat, a+. "Yakitori chicken with Japanese-style fried rice".

Our costco has no orange chicken though.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Geodude posted:

Last, I wish I got a picture, but there was a sign reading "CHURROS ARE COMING BACK, and they'll be IMPROVED AND BETTER THAN EVER".

That's great and all, but when are they bringing back combo pizza?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Citi Certificates are available! A lot less than last year, but I spent a lot more at Costco. I just missed out on the 3% back at restaurants and travel. Instead I spent that on goods and saved some. Also I encouraged my wife to use a different card to get some travel points.

I might just get it in cash and put it in the bank like a square. I've been treating myself a lot lately.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I got $2.56 back. Guess I get a free slice

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was wondering where mine was but I checked my spam folder a few days ago and found it. I'm getting $497.70 back. :smug: Is it possible for them to make out a check to you? I don't want cash and I'm not going to spend $500 at Costco anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was wondering where mine was but I checked my spam folder a few days ago and found it. I'm getting $497.70 back. :smug: Is it possible for them to make out a check to you? I don't want cash and I'm not going to spend $500 at Costco anytime soon.

I thought they switched to checks last year for over a certain amount?

I got less than last year though because we didn't buy hardly any gas with the pandemic.