Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m trying to install a lighting mod for skyrim coz my son is playing it, but it’s hard to watch with the tragic lighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Echison: Daddy why do the ladies look funny?

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qo1tzo7dSa1qzezhm.mp4

Echi: Oh ah let me just change the mod list.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I never got into Fallout 4 either, I think I was just sick of the janky ui and lovely gamebryo engine by that point

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: lol if you know what "engine" any given game is running on

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Agile Vector posted:

tune in next fresco for more DRAGON WALL Z

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

amberpos is the fallout color time to trash this idiot game

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

whats a build
it's when you approach the game and put all of your energy into trying to optimize your numbers output by some arbitrary point of progress

fo4 is ultimately not terribly difficult shy of survival mode and generally does not warrant that kind of effort. it certainly doesn't pay it off in any way that's worthwhile

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fallout 4 doesn't even have a level cap.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Fallout 4 doesn't even have a level cap.
yeah in theory any character is going to get to all perks and 10/10 for every stat. going to 11 in any stat requires a little more thought but is not ever worth it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:mad:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

it's when you approach the game and put all of your energy into trying to optimize your numbers output by some arbitrary point of progress

just started playing divinity 2, and got suckered into a higher difficulty by people online saying that the standard difficulty was pretty easy. immediately struggling i read a bit more, and found that the higher difficulty are easy *if* you correctly pick one of the approved and correct munchkin builds, rather than just picking stuff what seems cool and thematic the way i did.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

just started playing divinity 2, and got suckered into a higher difficulty by people online saying that the standard difficulty was pretty easy. immediately struggling i read a bit more, and found that the higher difficulty are easy *if* you correctly pick one of the approved and correct munchkin builds, rather than just picking stuff what seems cool and thematic the way i did.

your error was trying to enjoy a game instead of mathematically solve it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

carry on then posted:

your error was trying to enjoy a game instead of mathematically solve it

that's a great way to put it. i never understand it when people hype up a game because the systems are so poorly-designed that they can trivialize combat or whatever. like, if the combat sucks so bad that you want to just get it over with...that's a bad game, or at least one with way too much padding. for some reason people always refer to this as "breaking it over their knee." but i just want to play the game and have it be fun, and also not too hard, and preferably not too easy but i'd much rather it be a bit easy as long as it's fun/engaging.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
game as game vs game as dissociative drug

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/htjFXby.mp4
(Don’t unmute! Try not to barf...)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

see the television above a fireplace and immediately barfed

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

tbf the people who call it gamebryo don't actually know what engine it is running on

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there’s a general bethesda jank that i think is more to do with how they design their games than any specific engine

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

pseudorandom name posted:

tbf the people who call it gamebryo don't actually know what engine it is running on

do you really think creation isn't just a fork of gamebryo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

nothing feels as smooth as the source engine imo

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

carry on then posted:

do you really think creation isn't just a fork of gamebryo

I think you libel Gamebryo every time you blame it for Bethesda's problems

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

PIZZA.BAT posted:

nothing feels as smooth as the source engine imo

id tech in the recent dooms is crazy smooth

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

that's cause it dynamically scales the image quality to maintain a high framerate. you can turn that feature off and it's much more crunchy.

it's ultimately not that bad an effect though because it happens very quickly and just kinda looks like texture pop-in, and you're moving so fast that it doesn't matter. good choice and i didn't realize it was happening for several hours

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol this launches on Steam tomorrow as a free short taster

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1396240/Contraband_Police_Prologue/

'Papers Please' crossed with cutting someone's car seats open with a knife :o:

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqVL0gZoNA

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 15, 2021

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Jenny Agutter posted:

yeah it's this, id knows what they're doing

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i do not remember the last time i played a game with load times as long as fallout 4, and that on a relatively recent set of hardware

already more fun than the brief amount of outer worlds i played so unless it's awful i'll probably be into it as long as i try not to compare it to new vegas

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

see the television above a fireplace and immediately barfed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

psiox posted:

i do not remember the last time i played a game with load times as long as fallout 4, and that on a relatively recent set of hardware

already more fun than the brief amount of outer worlds i played so unless it's awful i'll probably be into it as long as i try not to compare it to new vegas
yeah this scuttled my fo4 survival run too. waiting until i can get the ps5 to hopefully speed things up

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
fallout 4 was very boring. the power armor was cool. but you get it super early and it runs out of gas, making you not want to use it and therefore boring

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pseudorandom name posted:

is the g in gamebryo like the g in gigli or the g in consigliere?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the g in gif, op

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

jhaimebryo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

shamebryo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

is the g in gamebryo like the g in gigli or the g in consigliere?

jamebryo

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/i/status/1361718187075772418

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

:lol:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

For the absolute shitmountain that No Mans Sky was on launch, the devs have gone above and beyond to salvage their reputation and the rep of the game

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1362039132000817154

I wonder if CDPR will support Cyberpunk 2020 as far?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yeah, i've enjoyed the tens of hours i've put into no man's sky, but i think i've hit a wall in terms of running out of plot

very fun, beautiful game, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

broke the cat face joe never buy early access promise for 30XX