Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
St. Valetines, patron saint of erectile dysfunction.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beautiful

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

fizzymercy posted:

Between the two of these I think I really have to try it now. It's starting to sound not too different from my Mema's preserved catfish, which wasn't great because it's home canned catfish in an oyster broth. But you put some vinegar and salt on it and it's food. Definitely a food.

I think we’ve cracked the case of why the mercury sample seemed appetizing to child-you :gonk:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Baked winter slippers.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

HookedOnChthonics posted:

in honor of the new thread i wanna inaugurate a new project to taxonomically categorize all afp

the kingdoms would be like

1. normal foods specific goons don't like (maybe because of childhood trauma, maybe because they just hate vegetables, or eggs, or condiments, or the abstract concept of moisture)
2. normal foods, cooked in a purposely weird/bad way or served on strange plates
3. forrin muck (normal food for 75% of the world that the OP hasn't encountered before or thinks sounds gross)
4. #wifematerial
5. masaokis and friends
6. stunts (kings hand and chocolate alligator)

What about stuff from 1950s cookbooks? In the last thread I made a Spam fort with small potatoes contained within and a side of asparagus and hollandaise sauce because it was from one of those cookbooks, and there's always the theme of "Put it in aspic" that was popular at the time. Totally counts as a food fad from the past.

Oh and a request for a picture: the one with a bowl of pea soup and a single square slice of ham resting on top. Plorp.

edit:
First "Would" of the thread.

Scarodactyl posted:

A couple drafts of attempts at the "small pastry" concept with varying degrees of terribleness.

Part pastry, part shrimp.

All shrimp (pessimal pastry resemblance, but I wanted to draw it)

Part (of a) shrimp

This will take some workshopping.
Anyone have a particularly fat cat?
Once you get a proper small pastry emote, can you make it say "Would" like :getin:

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Feb 15, 2021

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

CannonFodder posted:

What about stuff from 1950s cookbooks? In the last thread I made a Spam fort with small potatoes contained within and a side of asparagus and hollandaise sauce because it was from one of those cookbooks, and there's always the theme of "Put it in aspic" that was popular at the time. Totally counts as a food fad from the past.

"Normal food, cooked in a bad and strange way". Everything on that list is normal but they do not belong together.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dalris Othaine posted:

"Normal food, cooked in a bad and strange way". Everything on that list is normal but they do not belong together.
That's fair.

How about a category of "Audience participation" because in the last thread it was great when Cash Crab got a KFC Double Down and relayed the experience to the thread.

Even in the last pages of the old thread we got this gem of audience participation:

Elviscat posted:

"Hey Elvis?"

"What's up brain? It's like 2 AM"

"You know what you suck at?"

"Baking?"

"Yeah, but worse than that."

"Decorating anything?"

"Yeah that, you're awful"

"OK, cool, I don't care"

"Yeah, but what if you made a cake for your anniversary yourself? Babish made it look super easy"

"Yeah brain, that sounds reasonable. Imma go back to sleep and do that tomorrow. "

My Lovely Horse posted:

The swirl came out nice considering your unorthodox choice of decorating tool

I would love more of this stuff.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I just want to bring the phrase "Your hotel coffee pot salmon has cum in it" over here from the previous thread, because that might be the single most distilled AFP sentence ever spoken.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yah, typology should have body fluids in it. subheadings cum urine menstrual blood placentas normal blood

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Reposting this from the last thread:
https://twitter.com/mistergeezy/status/1361096133817335808

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

KennyMan666 posted:

I just want to bring the phrase "Your hotel coffee pot salmon has cum in it" over here from the previous thread, because that might be the single most distilled AFP sentence ever spoken.
These threads have revealed to me that I will eat bugs, mercury, bbq'ed rats and optimistically preserved fish but I WILL NOT eat hot mayo or anything cooked in a hotel room. I won't even eat a Lean Cuisine that's been cooked in a visibly clean Ramada Inn microwave.

I NEED YOU GUYS TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The guy behind the camera's reactions had me dying. "aw... oh..."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Brawnfire posted:

The guy behind the camera's reactions had me dying. "aw... oh..."
That looks ... *brain tries to find acceptable word* amazing!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

CannonFodder posted:

Even in the last pages of the old thread we got this gem of audience participation:

I would love more of this stuff.

I definitely deflated the egg whites a little at some point, so the cake was a little dense, the blackberry whipped cream was delicious and made up for it though.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Canned Panda posted:

Our middle child decided she wanted us to do a Nailed It style competition for her birthday party.

Everyone got a theme. Try to guess what mine was.

I TRIED to make cake pops and, well...

I got DuckTales
Very, "startled Miyazaki creature".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I will never judge anyone who, like me, has bought a large variety of food colourings, subsequently realized how strong an effect even small doses yield and now needs to actively find ways to use them up.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Can't believe you left out None Pizza Left Beef for the start of the new thread.

Also I'm gonna miss people reading through the depths of the thread and popping up to say that Owlfancier is absurd.

I think that's mostly fine. Like there's not really much of a point to doing the whole spearing spaghetti through the beef, and the nerds are a dumb addition, but everything else seems fine.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It's fine enough, but she definitely has extremely chaotic energy. It's only a matter of time.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Also I'm gonna miss people reading through the depths of the thread and popping up to say that Owlfancier is absurd

Did this happen another time before I did it??

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Kenning posted:

It's fine enough, but she definitely has extremely chaotic energy. It's only a matter of time.

It's like she's learning to cook 100% through empirical study, like she never read a recipe in her life.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Like everybody else I love this guy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwQvMF-Rm4k

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
Some kinda tiny cicada shell?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Crust First posted:

Some kinda tiny cicada shell?

I KNEW it was familiar!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You do freeze water damage books. It's not uncommon for libraries to have contingency plans set up with local companies that are in any way equipped to freeze goods on a large scale, if water damage does happen.

We're talking about "the library got flooded" levels of water damage here in terms of how bad the damage is and how many books are affected, not "I spilled my tea on my trapper keeper". A book that's completely soaked might rip, and you can't dry out large volumes (:v:) of books quick enough to prevent them getting moldy. Freezing is the best way to keep them from getting worse until a professional can dry them out, who is not going to use a hair dryer either (I don't know what they do use, magic I guess).

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bob dobbs is dead posted:

yah, typology should have body fluids in it. subheadings cum urine menstrual blood placentas normal blood

I remember the placental chili, but I wish I didn't

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Scarodactyl posted:

Part (of a) shrimp

I like this one the best :shrug:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I like this one the best :shrug:

nothing saying people can't buy more than one

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Team shrimp vs team pastry

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Can we code a smilie so it randomly displays the shrimp or the pastry variant

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

I thought these were cake pops or macarons or something at first. Then I looked at the middle.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Daktar posted:

I thought these were cake pops or macarons or something at first. Then I looked at the middle.

Things nobody expects to see in real life.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

My Lovely Horse posted:

Can we code a smilie so it randomly displays the shrimp or the pastry variant

oops! Surprise :goatsecx:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

KataraniSword posted:

Things nobody expects to see in real life.

it's a whole subgenre in brazilian food

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

don't eat those

edit: Come to think of it, a lot of krabby patties are pretty gross. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ecTZVzjFVM

SlothfulCobra has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Feb 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

My Lovely Horse posted:

You do freeze water damage books. It's not uncommon for libraries to have contingency plans set up with local companies that are in any way equipped to freeze goods on a large scale, if water damage does happen.

We're talking about "the library got flooded" levels of water damage here in terms of how bad the damage is and how many books are affected, not "I spilled my tea on my trapper keeper". A book that's completely soaked might rip, and you can't dry out large volumes (:v:) of books quick enough to prevent them getting moldy. Freezing is the best way to keep them from getting worse until a professional can dry them out, who is not going to use a hair dryer either (I don't know what they do use, magic I guess).

I read this before watching Tiggums's post, saw your av, and thought you got lost and meant to post in my library thread, lol

Also, thx for making the new thread, ACES!