Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Am I wrong to have the watch em play mentality about anthony edwards rather than look at his insanely low efficiency? One glance at him and he seems like he'll easily average 25 in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Yossarian-22 posted:

Am I wrong to have the watch em play mentality about anthony edwards rather than look at his insanely low efficiency? One glance at him and he seems like he'll easily average 25 in the future

He's a rookie and he's showing a lot of talent, eye test is just fine for a 19-year-old

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Brolander posted:

hubie brown is trending on twitter for being great and all haters can suckle upon his wizened hog

You've gotta give him credit

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dejan Bimble posted:

basgetball grampy

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/worldwidewob/status/1361190567821074432?s=21

This poo poo should have gotten JV ejected

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

nope. turnabout is fair play

edit. well, after watching it 5ish times, he shouldve been ejected for the first one not the second

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spacebump posted:

In the last 5 games, the Mavs have won 4. One thing all the wins have in common beyond out scoring opponents? James Johnson plays only 1 minute or less. Another? Trey Burke gets single digit minutes. This probably means nothing since I've missed most of these games but it's kind of funny.

The Mavs lost tonight. Johnson didn't play but Burke played double digit minutes for the first time since the last loss. This coincidence still holds up.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

him being a different player, from a different highlight that he realizes 3/4ths of the way through, then rewinds back to talking about the actual highlight but actually hes now talking about the last play and just oozing brain everywhere

he interrupted the signoff for the mavs/blazers game to stammer about something from like several segments before but he mostly just wheezed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

He's a rookie and he's showing a lot of talent, eye test is just fine for a 19-year-old

Yeah, I'm enjoying watching him when I get the chance. Plus he'll probably start getting more calls when he goes to the rim, eventually.

Though I love the anecdote from Saunders that Edwards complained about not getting calls to him so he told Edwards to just dunk on them.

Tangent from that, reading between the lines on some of the postgame press conferences from the players though I think Saunders will be gone as a coach next year, sounds like he's still in way over his head. Which is a bummer because I think a lot of the players love him (KAT constantly goes out of his way to try and deflect blame onto himself to protect Saunders) and as far as I know he was a good assistant, but I don't know if there's any way of just demoting him to keep him with the team.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 15, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Nets should sign Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Their offense is so good his lack of offense won't hurt that much and they could use his defense.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

:allears:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

JV can do whatever he wants bless that man

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Yossarian-22 posted:

He also has a real bad stretch after those first few games that dragged him down. He's been playing a lot better lately and his better play looks like it's sticking. Given that you had no summer league, a real short preseason, and like 15 minutes from draft to the first game it's not shocking a raw player like him had a bad adjustment curve.

His biggest drawback coming into the draft were questions about his motor, but that is not at all a concern.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This is the possession that broke me last night:

https://twitter.com/stevejones20/status/1361311467719577603?s=20

Look how none of the perimeter players are able to keep their man in front of them, leading to constant penetration. Over-helping is a different matter but I don't think it really matters much when this much easy penetration straight to the basket is allowed time after time after time after time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

it's way too early to write off any rookie, especially given how uniquely bad this year is for development but it'd be easier to do this if he hadnt been wildly inefficient with flashes of greatness at lower levels where he was usually the strongest guy on the court too

Lockback posted:

He also has a real bad stretch after those first few games that dragged him down. He's been playing a lot better lately and his better play looks like it's sticking. Given that you had no summer league, a real short preseason, and like 15 minutes from draft to the first game it's not shocking a raw player like him had a bad adjustment curve.

His biggest drawback coming into the draft were questions about his motor, but that is not at all a concern.

think shot selection was the bigger issue which is still true though

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

This isn't a super clean comp but:

Rookie KD

Anthony Edwards

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Yeah, I don't know about Durant, but Edwards' current low efficiency bothers me less because of how active and engaged he looks out there. Caveat that I've mostly seen him play against the Hornets defense

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1361341496461586434?s=20

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1361344503618142210?s=20

Gee I wonder who their sources are on this

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Cleveland, pls try to trade Drummond for Dwight Powell and James Johnson. TY.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I know their center rotation is butt but Norm Powell for Drummond makes them worse

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Rookie KD

Anthony Edwards

there's a big difference between shooting 43% on 17 attempts with no credible offensive threats around you and getting to the line 6 times a game vs shooting worse on fewer attempts and getting to the line less on top of being surrounded by three credible players on offense in towns, beasley, and russell

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Rookie KD

Anthony Edwards

Part of the top one's problems that year were his coach was playing him out of position iirc.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Also Rookie KD should never be used as a comp ever. He was loving awful. KD might have the worst rookie season of any top 50 NBA player

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

Part of the top one's problems that year were his coach was playing him out of position iirc.

The leeeeeeegendary PJ Carleisimo played the 7 ft Kevin Durant at shooting guard because he only weighed 104 lbs

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

him being a different player, from a different highlight that he realizes 3/4ths of the way through, then rewinds back to talking about the actual highlight but actually hes now talking about the last play and just oozing brain everywhere

he interrupted the signoff for the mavs/blazers game to stammer about something from like several segments before but he mostly just wheezed

mocking the elderly. This pretty much guarantees that you're going to get old, too. Karma's a bitch

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Also Rookie KD should never be used as a comp ever. He was loving awful. KD might have the worst rookie season of any top 50 NBA player

dirk's rookie season is pretty bad, as is jimmy butler's (probably because he didn't work hard enough), steve nash's, and kobe bryant's

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/1361347390473728003?s=19

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dejan Bimble posted:

The leeeeeeegendary PJ Carleisimo played the 7 ft Kevin Durant at shooting guard because he only weighed 104 lbs

Latrell Sprewell did nothing wrong

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

who the gently caress even trades for drummond? Im maybe the universes biggest drummond fan, and even I cant really see a home for him.

Boston I guess?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

who the gently caress even trades for drummond? Im maybe the universes biggest drummond fan, and even I cant really see a home for him.

Boston I guess?

I'm guessing this was a last-ditch effort to drum up interest and he gets cut in like three days

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

there's a big difference between shooting 43% on 17 attempts with no credible offensive threats around you and getting to the line 6 times a game vs shooting worse on fewer attempts and getting to the line less on top of being surrounded by three credible players on offense in towns, beasley, and russell

How many minutes have KAT and Edwards played together?

Edit: it doesn't make the top 10 BR 2 man lineups so less than 150 min

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 15, 2021

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Paul Zuvella posted:

Boston I guess?

Yeah Boston is in desperate need of bigs, possibly the Nets as well? I dunno what the Nets could offer at this point though.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Yeah Boston is in desperate need of bigs, possibly the Nets as well? I dunno what the Nets could offer at this point though.

I guess the nets could do dinwiddie + harris for drummond, but that seems not really great for them

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Should be noted kd was only bad his rookie year because the vibes in Seattle are awful

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
oklahoma, bastion of evangelical white supremacy, reknown for its Good Vibes

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

Should be noted kd was only bad his rookie year because the vibes in Seattle are awful

their noxious vibes and terrible fans driving away a beautiful soul and the beautiful game

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AmNotEvan/status/1361342461147312131?s=19

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

big boi posted:

Lmao there are only five sixers posters
not even maybe because I'm pretty sure I put in the Sixers on that poll and i'm just a basketball fan that had to pick a team!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

he's been being a punkass so fuckem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
It's crazy to look back at how quickly KD turned into an all NBA player once he got a whiff of that sweet methane from those Oklahoma foil wells