Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Late Xiao report: he's bad. Maybe with a 5* weapon and rank 10 talents and double healers, but getting wrecked by ice cages that never touched you and enemy attacks with insane vertical tracking... not fun.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Hmm, looks promising. Might as well level it up

:popeye:

:unsmigghh:

https://i.imgur.com/QI3MIS0.mp4

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm at 72 wishes and I'm guaranteed the next banner character. I don't find Xiao appealing. He just goes up and down? It seems boring and spammy? I don't want another Keqing, so I don't really know what to do. Thinking of just buying weapons for a while

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

gandlethorpe posted:

Hmm, looks promising. Might as well level it up

:popeye:

:unsmigghh:

https://i.imgur.com/QI3MIS0.mp4

Your crit rate is super low for that crit damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's not a huge deal... it's something like a 3.5% damage loss vs a totally balanced crit ratio. Solar Pearl would technically be better than Widsith in this case but it's a fairly small improvement + depends on how you play Klee.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 15, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

bandaid.friend posted:

I'm at 72 wishes and I'm guaranteed the next banner character. I don't find Xiao appealing. He just goes up and down? It seems boring and spammy? I don't want another Keqing, so I don't really know what to do. Thinking of just buying weapons for a while

Save for Venti. Splurge on Hu Tao if she becomes the top-ranked carry, which she might, but do not touch Xiao.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Only a coward pulls for a top-ranked character and not for their husbando/waifu.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I pulled for Xiao because his entire MO is literally dunking on nerds

bounce bounce gently caress you

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

Only a coward pulls for a top-ranked character and not for their husbando/waifu.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I pulled for Xiao because his entire MO is literally dunking on nerds

bounce bounce gently caress you

The goomba stomp is extremely silly and I expected to hate it but the absurdism won me over and now I want to always be airdashing.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

bandaid.friend posted:

I don't find Xiao appealing. He just goes up and down? It seems boring and spammy?

Worthless! Disappear!

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
A little bit late for this discussion, but lol at the dude saying jean is the worst 5 star. I pulled her pretty recently and shes great. Extremely versatile, really fun e, great resonance. also looks good. the worst 5 star by far is qiqi. She sucks. all she does is heal. bennet is better than her in every way. I've pulled her twice and I'm so pissed off. every other 5 star is at least interesting in someway. Qiqi just sucks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

qiqi rules and lets me facetank everything

she was a godsend for the two weeks I was stuck on mobile

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I like Xiao since I don't have to worry about elemental reactions. Just pop super, jump, big number, I win.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Andrast posted:

qiqi rules and lets me facetank everything

she was a godsend for the two weeks I was stuck on mobile

Qiqi is in a competition with Jean for my favorite of the standard 5 stars and maybe favorite 5 star in general. Insert Marge Simpson "I just think she's neat."

I think people discount her off field cryo application (and re-application), which is amazing for superconduct comps. Her burst has decent scaling and does big heals, putting her way ahead of Barbara, whose ult does 0 damage. Her issue, it seems to me, is that her kit has an identity crisis, which is similar to Jean. Both of them having healing bonus as an ascension stat is I think a big miscue. Neither one wants to be built as a pure healer.

Contrast with Barbara and Diona where Maiden's is a viable build, and Bennett where stacking HP% is viable.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Used the daily freebie fates and got a blue weapon and.. Amber C2. :suicide:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MajorBonnet posted:

Her issue, it seems to me, is that her kit has an identity crisis, which is similar to Jean. Both of them having healing bonus as an ascension stat is I think a big miscue. Neither one wants to be built as a pure healer.

Her issue is that she makes 0 energy, compared to Jean who has a nice and power spammable skill and double that with Bennett.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Tae posted:

Her issue is that she makes 0 energy, compared to Jean who has a nice and power spammable skill and double that with Bennett.

Just have to build her main DPS with a Favonius sword.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Healing Bonus is an okay secondary stat because it's multiplicative with their ATK-based healing calculations and you probably don't ever want to run Maiden set or a Healing Bonus circlet on either (Jean has better things to do and Qiqi would overkill her healing using one). Sure, a crit stat or ER would be better but at least it's a beneficial stat in small quantities that they don't have to bother gearing for.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Xaio with a Jean Battery is great. Jean can spam E for sweet sweet particles, and heal Xaio to full in a pinch.

Good times.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
What's the estimated time burden for clearing out the shop on the tower defense event? I haven't started it yet what with work stuff taking up my time and I wanna make sure I get on it early enough to get most of the good stuff

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

What's the estimated time burden for clearing out the shop on the tower defense event? I haven't started it yet what with work stuff taking up my time and I wanna make sure I get on it early enough to get most of the good stuff

I feel like you have at least another 20 days. This is a long event.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No - the market's open for 19 more days but I think tower defense will close in 13 or so. Starting from zero I think it would take three or four hours to get all the TD achievements but it would be really unpleasant.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

No - the market's open for 19 more days but I think tower defense will close in 13 or so. Starting from zero I think it would take three or four hours to get all the TD achievements but it would be really unpleasant.

Well yeah but there is still plenty of time to get it done even at 10 min a day.

Just don’t wait till the end!

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I think a lot of the tower defense achievements are "Do <thing> on X difficulty or better" so you could probably get away with not doing every single difficulty, which might save some time.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

You aren't guaranteed to pull the banner character then you finally get your pity pull. It's a 50% chance, with the following 5-star guaranteed to be the banner character. So worst case scenario, you need 180 pulls to get the banner character, I'd save that up before you bet on the weapon banner, but you do you.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

about half of the achievements you need to complete are based on longer term grinds (spend x points upgrading towers, kill x monsters, raise 4-6 towers to x level) so you do want to be chipping away at it gradually just to avoid burnout or frustration.

granted you can ditch any and all achievements that frustrate you, just be smart about what you buy from the shop then, since it's one of those things that only gives exact currency.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Clarste posted:

Your crit rate is super low for that crit damage.

Nonetheless, it is a viable strategy for speedrunning certain sections of the game like abyss. On average, your damage is lower than if you had more balance stats, but for clear times and whale speedrunning, having enough crit damage to one shot enemies is all you need. And if you don't, just restart.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

You aren't guaranteed to pull the banner character then you finally get your pity pull. It's a 50% chance, with the following 5-star guaranteed to be the banner character. So worst case scenario, you need 180 pulls to get the banner character, I'd save that up before you bet on the weapon banner, but you do you.

I am assuming he got an off-banner 5* before his 72 pulls, and if so, he is guaranteed the next banner character within his next 18 pulls.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Got it, thanks y'all! I'll start chipping away at it tonight

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I saw the next weapon banner has Wolf's Gravestone, which is what I have been saving wishes for. However, every other weapon on the banner looks like garbage. I have no idea what the stats on the 5* spear are, but my only spear user is Xiangling. Now I am not sure if I should just burn ~100 wishes YOLOing it or end up waiting 5 more months for a different Wolf's Gravestone banner. The lithic weapons do not look bad, but the parties I tend to run are either 3 or 4 Mondstadt people.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 15, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wolf's Gravestone isn't an especially good weapon. By comparison strong 5* weapons are Jade Cutter on Keqing, Skyward Harp on Fischl/Tartaglia/Venti, and strongest of all is Amos on Ganyu.

In most cases WGS is a pretty minor dps gain over Serpent Spine. It's the best general purpose claymore atm but much better ones will be made in the future.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 15, 2021

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Pain of Mind posted:

I saw the next weapon banner has Wolf's Gravestone, which is what I have been saving wishes for. However, every other weapon on the banner looks like garbage. I have no idea what the stats on the 5* spear are, but my only spear user is Xiangling. Now I am not sure if I should just burn ~100 wishes YOLOing it or end up waiting 5 more months for a different Wolf's Gravestone banner. The lithic weapons do not look bad, but the parties I tend to run are either 3 or 4 Mondstadt people.

Where are you seeing that?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I've been playing this for a while now and I just have to ask:

what the actual gently caress is with the love life of Liyue dudes

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

No Wave posted:

Skyward Harp on Fischl/Tartaglia, and strongest of all is Amos on Ganyu.

I feel like archers depend on 5* weapons more than other weapon classes do, and I think that might be due to wonky aiming mechanics making them clunky and hard to justify without numbers being there. Skyward Harp on Childe is a smooth and fun experience, whereas Blackcliff on Ganyu feels like she needs more effort put in to get the same out of, even though the charged shot reliance is imo easier to work through than Childe's CD patterns. I've got Stringless on Fischl, but her artifacts are mediocre and she's just an Oz bot for now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't think any weapon type is especially dependent on 5* weapons. 5* bows are strong because a.) Skyward Harp is by far the most generically powerful stat stick in the game (48 base atk, crit rate substat, crit dmg passive) and b.) Amos interacts with Ganyu's frostflake bloom in a very busted way.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 15, 2021

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I shall be pulling on WGS

My Big D has been using an archaic for months

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Pain of Mind posted:

Agreed with No Wave, Wolf's Gravestone isn't that good. ATK% weapons just don't scale nearly as well as crit ones do. It doesn't have a particularly good passive either, it just stacks even more ATK% that you don't really need, with a lovely uptime too.

Staff of Homa on the other hand is very good if the datamined stats are correct, and specifically designed for Hu Tao. As for the others, only the Widsith is really good. The Lithic weapons are very gimmicky and Sacrificial Bow is only really good on Diona (although on her it's arguably her BiS weapon). I would not roll on that weapon banner at all. The only way I can see that making sense is if you're whaling to get both Hu Tao and her 5* weapon.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

silvergoose posted:

Where are you seeing that?

I just googled it and saw it here, no idea on if it is correct or not but it seems believable:
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Epitome_Invocation/2021-02-23

No Wave posted:

Wolf's Gravestone isn't a very good weapon. By comparison strong 5* weapons are Jade Cutter on Keqing, Skyward Harp on Fischl/Tartaglia, and strongest of all is Amos on Ganyu.

WGS is a pretty minor dps gain over Serpent Spine. It's the best general purpose claymore atm but much, much better ones will be made in the future.

Those are not claymores though and the Serpent Spine costs money. I suppose I could wait for a new claymore to come out, but no idea if that will be within the time scale of even continuing to play the game. Will it be in 2 months or 12 months? Who knows? It seems like the new 5* weapons are specifically designed for a paired 5* character that comes out at the same time, so the next 5* claymore could be + %HP or whatever if some new 5* scales off of that. I guess either way it does not matter much, there is nothing that cannot be done easily with a 4* weapon. I just see new characters as more of a burden than a benefit due to all of the resources needed to farm artifacts/weapons/exp books/ascension mats and I want something to spend wishes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

official source on the WG/Homa banner: https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/166675

but yeah, a choice that annoys me specifically since even if i hadn't rolled on the first WG banner i got one from standard pity. meanwhile Skyward Blade has yet to see a single rateup and would've at least been a decent booby prize.