Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this is now an unironic eve thread so please destroy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
So basically if you play Eve is it like reading excel for dummies? Would never play it but theirs gotta be better ways to learn pivot tables.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

This doesnt make you guys look good. Remember you're the attacker and its extremely :lol: that most your objectives are about saving some poo poo on a daily basis.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Derpies posted:

So basically if you play Eve is it like reading excel for dummies? Would never play it but theirs gotta be better ways to learn pivot tables.

Honestly, there are no spreadsheets in EVE. There are spreadsheets OUT of EVE.

Here is the best summation of EVE, as presented, and EVE, in reality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ojR7E8Xymk

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Otacon posted:

I love 0.5 FPS and a 5% chance of crashing every click I make.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

DGC773 posted:

my buddy have you heard of star citizen

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DGC773 posted:

Jeez, look at this Mr. Rich guy, owning a super-computer.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Otacon posted:

Jeez, look at this Mr. Rich guy, owning a super-computer.

I play on my 2012 MacBook Air.

I am being completely serious. It survived M2- several times. I have no idea how it manages it, the fan sounds like it is going to lift off to orbit.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Otacon posted:

:ccp: could make an awesome scifi show yet they choose to stick to making a game

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
This is exactly why I just binge-watched The Expanse.

Belta Navy Riftah, bossmang.

I pray this happens.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Otacon posted:

hahahaha

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The worst thing about fighting in tidi, is that it always makes me feel like something is wrong with my brain for hours afterwards. Like somehow my whole brain goes into TiDi.

Basically I loving hate getting into Tidi fights, which sucks because my favorite ship to actually fly game mechanics wise is a carrier, and fights where caps get used are much more likely to be tidi fights.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

The worst thing about fighting in tidi, is that it always makes me feel like something is wrong with my brain for hours afterwards. Like somehow my whole brain goes into TiDi.

Basically I loving hate getting into Tidi fights, which sucks because my favorite ship to actually fly game mechanics wise is a carrier, and fights where caps get used are much more likely to be tidi fights.

The best fights recently have been 2000 man brawls in the M2- constellation

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
!bacon_points

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

The best fights recently have been 2000 man brawls in the M2- constellation

While I had lots of fun in those battles, I find the logi meta pretty annoying atm. All manner of ships get alpha'd right off the field and as a logi i've never felt more useless. We can only realistically save people once half the fleets are dead.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Dalael posted:

While I had lots of fun in those battles, I find the logi meta pretty annoying atm. All manner of ships get alpha'd right off the field and as a logi i've never felt more useless. We can only realistically save people once half the fleets are dead.

I always find flying logi extremely annoying in most fights. You either can't save people or the logi wing gets primaried and destroyed righting the first few minutes of a fight.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
healers are always targeted first bruh

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

wilderthanmild posted:

Eve on one screen, some frame-perfect fighting game on the other, try to reach some equilibrium point?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
an update! I thought this was worth posting

quote:

quote:

PEOPLE OF BRAVE! THE IMPERIUM HAS A REAL OFFER FOR YOU!

Do you have a titan or supercap trapped in M2-XFE?

We are here to help!

We of the Imperium do not want your gaming experience to be impacted by your leaderships bad decisions.
We want you to enjoy your game time and not have it wasted by having to keep your characters logged out for over 2 months after your leadership already extracted their own ships.

How can we of the Imperium help you wonder?
Simple.

We offer you the silver ticket.

We will pay you a non-insulting price for your ship or ships that are trapped.
You will be given temp blue status and allowed to log in with your ship. After a quick confirmation you will then exit your ship and be on your way back to enjoying the game you have put so much time into.
If for some reason something goes wrong you will STILL be paid. When we make a diplomatic promise we keep it. Everyone knows this friend and foe alike.

One of your brothers in Brave already took the silver ticket and is quite happy with the choice they made.

That can be you too!

Enjoy the time you put into the game. Do not let poor leadership choices control how you play the game.
Contact an official diplomat and get back control of your characters.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Official_Diplomats

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Anyone take you up on that?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
one taker so far, thats his post underneath the announcement!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Rutibex posted:

Oh, ok. Kinda thought that was some unrelated reddit slapfight highlighting dissent in the ranks.

I'm surprised this is allowed, as the only real way to win an EVE war is player attrition.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So basically as I understand it, you are paying them to leave the Titan, letting them log in and leave it? What happens if they try to jump out with it?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

So basically as I understand it, you are paying them to leave the Titan, letting them log in and leave it? What happens if they try to jump out with it?

they are trapped in a warp bubble and camped 24/7, they can't escape. if they log in they have the option of giving up their titan or dying

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Oh ok. So it's basically "You are going to lose it one way or the other, so let us pay you for it"

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

SalTheBard posted:

Oh ok. So it's basically "You are going to lose it one way or the other, so let us pay you for it"

Plus, you don't need to invest in the labor to fit/build another titan. It's a hell of a deal for goons. They also said it wasn't going to be an insulting price, but certainly not MSRP.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Have you guys ever tried diplomacy instead? Think of all the cool poo poo you could build if the galaxy was at peace...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Pussy Boss posted:

Have you guys ever tried diplomacy instead? Think of all the cool poo poo you could build if the galaxy was at peace...

there is a goonswarm minecraft server for building. EVE is a salt mine

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Don’t tell him we have 3 jammers in 1dq :ssh:

I thought you got out, man.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

The Pussy Boss posted:

as a former Goon Diplomat: It's also bad there, as well, with a smug smile and firm handshake instead of a bunch of ships and forums posting.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

feature 3 of 4: have a face

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
in later expansions they added a torso and legs. but they felt that was going too far so they took it out

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

The Pussy Boss posted:

We've been at peace for several years staying nice and put in our corner of the galaxy and managed to build an impressive amount of citadels that the bad guys still aren't finished blowing up and won't be for a while even if we don't contest any of them.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
i miss some of the people in goonswarm but i'll never go back, man

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
That free shooter spinoff of EVE seemed okay. Based on a vague memory of having played it a few hours while drunk

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The old Eve portraits were better. :colbert:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Ben Smash posted:

i miss some of the people in goonswarm but i'll never go back, man

Off that real poo poo.

For shame.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Thanks for this thread, I was wondering why I got some random GS e-mails a few weeks ago considering I haven't played the dumb game in almost a decade. Glad to see it worked out.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Rutibex posted:

Any more takers ? I feel like it's the sort of thing where once a few folk start to break there will be a deluge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Did we win