Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Is it me or is the Emil 2 a beast?

It is either a really good tank when you play to its limitations or I am a much better player than when I ground the Emil 1 a year ago.

The turret front and depression make it very good on ridge lines, you can punish people who makes mistakes and at the end of a game you can clip a red tank at 1k health before they have time to reload. Plus no one wants to push you because they don't know when you are reloading.

Overall very nice.

The T8 and T9 Emil are fantastic. I am always surprised to not see more of them out there.

I should probably buy back the T8 or the T9...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

The T8 and T9 Emil are fantastic. I am always surprised to not see more of them out there.

I should probably buy back the T8 or the T9...

I'm grinding through the Leo to get to the Emils, and boy it's a chore. Constant -2 matchmaking and this thing doesn't feel super competitive.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm grinding through the Leo to get to the Emils, and boy it's a chore. Constant -2 matchmaking and this thing doesn't feel super competitive.

This is honestly what's keeping me from getting the swede heavies.

I JUST got out of tier VI and VII german mediums and that was awful.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

People like the Leo, I had a bad time in it. The gun just did not want to behave for me.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Emily's are worth getting through any terrible grind. The LEO I found merely okay, not the worst not the best tank I have ever played.

T8 Emily is good, but the tree really shines at the T9 Emily. T10 Emily is better now but tier for tier T9 top bitch here.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/update-1-12-common-test-no-more-expedition-reward-tanks/amp/ posted:

Steel Hunter and Frontline will no longer have tokens or any other currency that enables players to exchange them for Tier IX Reward vehicles just like in Expedition 2020.

This decision was made after players complain the event was too long and if they missed one episode, they would lose a tank. In reaction to the criticism, Wargaming as decided to remove Expedition Tokens and Reward Vehicles from these two modes and as an alternative, created a link between these two events and  Battle Pass, allowing players to earn Battle Pass Points and grind the Pass quicker.

But changes don’t end here, and some changes aren’t always for the good. While players will be able to get Battle Pass Points to help with the progress, that doesn’t mean Battle Pass won’t receive any changes too.

Battle Pass Season IV will be announced very soon, and that announcement will include the following details: Battle Pass Stages have increased from 45 to 150, divided into three Chapters. Each Chapter will have 50 stages and its own hero, in this case, the Commander we always see associated with the tanks.

So, instead of reducing the grind for Steel Hunter and Frontline reward tanks, they just removed the reward tanks altogether and massively increased the grind for Battle Pass.

:downsbravo:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 16, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'd imagine SerB gets mad every time someone grinds out a reward tank for free.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I don't care about any of this. I just wanna stop getting chat banned for chastising my teammates and calling them horrible names. I feel this is my right.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I finished stage 6 by taking out Taugrim.

One heck of a cap off to the night.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Captain Blaargh posted:

I finished stage 6 by taking out Taugrim.

One heck of a cap off to the night.

What was he driving?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Now that I have the taste for light tanks, what other light tank lines are worth playing and fun? I know the UK light tanks are widely recognized as pieces of poop, and I'd be willing to bet cash money on the Soviet light tanks being borderline OP.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Now that I have the taste for light tanks, what other light tank lines are worth playing and fun? I know the UK light tanks are widely recognized as pieces of poop, and I'd be willing to bet cash money on the Soviet light tanks being borderline OP.

Soviet light tanks ranked.

S tier: MS-1, T-60, T-70, T-80, BT-2, BT-5, BT-7, LTTB, T-54 ltwt., 1-00LT
Premium: LT-432, BT-SV, Tetrarch, T-50-2

A tier: MT-25, LTG
Premium: BT-7 Artillery, LTP, T-116, T-127, T-45

B tier: T-26, T-46, A-20
Premium: Valentine II

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

MariusLecter posted:

Soviet light tanks ranked.

S tier: MS-1

lol

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Wheelies are fun, I enjoyed the entire line except for the EBR 90... for some reason I couldn't make that work.

Soviets are good MT-25, LTTB, T-54LT all have nice guns and feels like you are driving a hovercraft. Edit: I guess the LTG is good but it came out after I finished grinding the line.

I actually liked the Chinese light tanks, pretty much all of them had nice guns and were pretty decent but the also didn't have anything that stood out as great. I remember really liking the 59-16 and the WZ-131.

American line used to be fun then WG realized their mistake and nerfed them. The T-37 is borderline OP I guess, T-49 is pretty fun with the derp gun but the smaller gun is much more consistent. The T-71 DA was fun with the autoloader but it's a collector tank now.

German lights start out really fun, but after teir 6 or so they are horrible. Luchs and Leopard with the machine gun I think are the best ones.

I haven't braved the UK lights yet but I am working on a crew for them.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 16, 2021

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Is it me or is the Emil 2 a beast?

It is either a really good tank when you play to its limitations or I am a much better player than when I ground the Emil 1 a year ago.

The turret front and depression make it very good on ridge lines, you can punish people who makes mistakes and at the end of a game you can clip a red tank at 1k health before they have time to reload. Plus no one wants to push you because they don't know when you are reloading.

Overall very nice.

t8 emil is a beast
t9 has been disappointing for me.
The gun trolls too much and has trouble penetrating stuff. Armor is nice.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I think my tank acquisition strategy needs a revision or at least the addition of this data point:

I don't buy gold ammo or premium time.

I really should optimize the tanks I play around armor pen because it's so annoying having no chance at killing something.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

SpannerX posted:

What was he driving?

He was in two man lansen platoon, and I was solo in a t--44-100.

Tier 9 match, mannerheim line.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Bat-Chat 12t isn't much fun stock, is it?

Also: same gun as previous tier, but now with 2x the reload time?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

McGavin posted:

So, instead of reducing the grind for Steel Hunter and Frontline reward tanks, they just removed the reward tanks altogether and massively increased the grind for Battle Pass.

:downsbravo:

I shouldn't be surprised, but every iteration they continue to amaze me with making it even shittier.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Crazyeyes24 posted:

I shouldn't be surprised, but every iteration they continue to amaze me with making it even shittier.

Next season is going to be arty only. You are guaranteed to lose money and actual gold every game and every time you die, it deletes one random file off of your computer.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Next season is going to be arty only. You are guaranteed to lose money and actual gold every game and every time you die, it deletes one random file off of your computer.

Maybe you'll get lucky and roll a wot.exe

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

BadLlama posted:

wot.exe gets russian RNG, won't happen. And then the year after, it just installs another instance of the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

:parrot:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

All the buffs:

Thanks man, that will actually go a long way on the SP, the gun handling especially. Turbo/Grousers already helps substantially.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

It's Pizza time.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why are the maps in this game so bad? I'm starting to remember why I haven't had it installed for a while.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Because their designer seems to think WoT should be modeled after MOBA maps. It was even worse back when a steep grade was as good as a wall.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

It's Pizza time.

Hope it clicks with ya

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

20% winrate tonight.

Why the gently caress am I even playing?

E: jumping up from T7 to T8 in my french light tanks has made them go from a blast to complete dog poo poo, because now I'm playing against "balanced" T8 premiums (EBRs, ELC Evens and LT-432s) literally every game. I can't even remember the last time I saw a tech tree light tank on the enemy team.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 17, 2021

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

20% winrate tonight.

E: jumping up from T7 to T8 in my french light tanks has made them go from a blast to complete dog poo poo, because now I'm playing against "balanced" T8 premiums (EBRs, ELC Evens and LT-432s) literally every game. I can't even remember the last time I saw a tech tree light tank on the enemy team.

Most maps, I tend to play the Lynx as a roving bushwanker.

Roll around to the side with available shots, then gently caress off.

Seldom do you have enough cover/safety to actively spot, esp since your viewrange is complete dogshit.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It's Pizza time.

I was disappointed by the turret on that tank. It can troll T8's just fine but T9 and above most standard rounds will be an 50/50 coin flip while 2 keys are pretty much 100% pens on those large flat sides.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Most maps, I tend to play the Lynx as a roving bushwanker.

Roll around to the side with available shots, then gently caress off.

Seldom do you have enough cover/safety to actively spot, esp since your viewrange is complete dogshit.

It's one of those nights where I could be doing cartwheels and magic tricks and it wouldn't make a difference. Non-stop 15-3 losses where our entire team sits 50 feet outside the spawn, nobody shoots at spotted targets for 4-5 minutes before we're overrun...

I don't know what the gently caress's happened to suddenly turn all my teams into complete poo poo overnight.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Did you, by mistake, hit the "BATTLE" button at the top of the screen? It does that sometimes.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

I was disappointed by the turret on that tank. It can troll T8's just fine but T9 and above most standard rounds will be an 50/50 coin flip while 2 keys are pretty much 100% pens on those large flat sides.

You talkin' about stock or upgraded turret?

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Does anyone play Blitz? I love it and I'm looking for a clan.

bomb fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 17, 2021

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
The top gun on the Chinese IS-2 tilted me enough to alt-f4. In one match I couldn't pen any of the heavy tanks that rolled directly at me and the ones I could of course the shots dispersed into space, I bounced a Super Hellcat's "armor" when it had it's side towards me, then twice off the back and side of a GSOR 1008 when it was in the open field. That GSOR wound up killing the rest of my team, myself, and won the game.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

20% winrate tonight.

Yah. Look on the bright side, you only have to grind it long enough to unlock 2 tanks.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

Hope it clicks with ya

So far it's not too terrible. It's stock so I will be working on grinding out the modules by the end of the week.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You talkin' about stock or upgraded turret?

Upgrade, it only gets to around 280mm effective when maximizing depression and around 250 when flat ground. It is okay, just not as good of a turret as I was hoping for.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

Upgrade, it only gets to around 280mm effective when maximizing depression and around 250 when flat ground. It is okay, just not as good of a turret as I was hoping for.

So you don't enjoy it? I think to me it plays well as an autoloader on training wheels. But its definitely not a front of the lines kinda tank.

KD.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

bomb posted:

Does anyone play Blitz? I love it and I'm looking for a clan.

There are not many Blitz players here but the concept is the same as this thread. Feel free to hang out.