Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Great Notion released a Concord grape PB&J sour a couple of weeks back. It is ridiculous how good that beer is. Normally I’m a strawberry jam on my PB&J kinda guy, but that Concord grape is perfect. I took a can to a friends last weekend for socially distanced garage beer. He spent a good 5 minutes taking a sip and exclaiming “gently caress, this is good” or “what the gently caress, how is this this good”. I was hoping I had a pic of the pour, but alas, I don’t. I have 2 cans left, I’ll rectify that later.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Look at this guy not buying mini Heineken kegs

The last time I visited my grandfather was after a long weekend of drinking in Ocean City, MD with a bunch of VW dorks. I get to his house and he has one of those in the fridge for me. I put away half of it to be polite, but my body did not want any beer, much less Heineken.

If their patio has a spot where I can sit relatively away from other people I’ll grab a pint or 2 when I’m making my Uptown pickups. Speaking of which, I should see if they have power. I’m in need of a re-supply and I’m just sitting here loving around on my phone waiting for the power to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Someone please send me beers from Great Notion. Make my beer consumption great again. Thanks.

highme
May 25, 2001

obi_ant posted:

Someone please send me beers from Great Notion. Make my beer consumption great again. Thanks.

I can let you know next time I’m heading that way and grab some cans for you. Their selection varies, but I’m happy to box things up and send them off.

Just saw they still have cans of that PB&J sour, so I’ll be heading back shortly.

highme fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 16, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
CT/MA goons, TreeHouse has a bunch of job postings up including brewing work

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

CT/MA goons, TreeHouse has a bunch of job postings up including brewing work

Save yourself and just don't. Did some work for TreeHouse when they bought Conagra's private brand manufacturing arm. It was.... not pretty.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Zaepho posted:

Save yourself and just don't. Did some work for TreeHouse when they bought Conagra's private brand manufacturing arm. It was.... not pretty.

Wow really? I’d always heard they were good to work for.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zaepho posted:

Treehouse Foods != Treehouse brewing company.

highme
May 25, 2001

I was wondering how any brewery not using InBev money could buy anything from CONAGRA.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Control Volume posted:

Its been over a year since I got a beer on draft :sigh:

Same. I've been saving all my cans though and they are taking up an entire vehicle's worth of space in the garage. I need to stop being a disgusting gently caress and peel the labels already.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

highme posted:

I was wondering how any brewery not using InBev money could buy anything from CONAGRA.

GOT THAT HAZE $$$

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

Furious Lobster posted:

Treehouse Foods != Treehouse brewing company.

My bad! I saw Treehouse and reacted. I am indeed referring to Treehouse Foods and know nothing of Treehouse Brewing.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

highme posted:

I can let you know next time I’m heading that way and grab some cans for you. Their selection varies, but I’m happy to box things up and send them off.

Just saw they still have cans of that PB&J sour, so I’ll be heading back shortly.

Please do! Not too sure how they sell them, in packs of four or what have you, but I'm down. I usually share with 2-3 people, so you're gonna make a bunch of people happy.

highme
May 25, 2001

^^ I realized that since they ship to Oregon now I could act as a mail forwarding service. I should check to see what kind of minimums etc they require.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Is there a better place than John's Marketplace to get beerce in Portland? I should probably just go straight to the breweries but it's so nice to come home with variety.

highme
May 25, 2001

I personally can’t stand John’s Market.
Uptown, Beermongers, Belmont Station and Growlers NW are all pretty solid. Uptown is my most frequented spot (I’m typing this out in the rain as I drink a pint and grab my order). The bougie grocery stores tend to have a good selection too, I think Market of Choice tends to be the best of those. My local New Seasons was great prepandemic, but they’re selection had been not great of late, though they apparently had cans of Heady Topper this week.

Uptown’s site - https://uptownmarketpdx.square.site/

highme fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 20, 2021

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Been to John's Marketplace a few times so went to Uptown. That burger truck is goooooooooood.

Had an Ayinger Pilsner draft with the burger. They do em old style, super flat patties.

COVID still sucks a year later, so only 1 party at a time inside. Went for some lighter stuff and then stouts. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: weekend update

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 21, 2021

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Been to John's Marketplace a few times so went to Uptown. That burger truck is goooooooooood.

Had an Ayinger Pilsner draft with the burger. They do em old style, super flat patties.

COVID still sucks a year later, so only 1 party at a time inside. Went for some lighter stuff and then stouts. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: weekend update

You probably drove by house if you went to Uptown from John's. I love John's but I'm still getting used to the layout change they did last year. I used to be able to get in and out in 15-20 minutes knowing where the new stuff pops up, takes a little more s searching these days.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Ayinger Pils on draft is one of my favorite beers; probably only beat by their Helles.
I envy you that Apex Predator.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

thotsky posted:

Ayinger Pils on draft is one of my favorite beers; probably only beat by their Helles.
I envy you that Apex Predator.

I've been surprised to see Off Color up here. I first had them in a trade from MrNutty. That Apex Predator ruled in every way.

Re: John's I love digging through everything that's there.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I was gifted a very fancy beer for valentines, and meant to post here about it but it hasn't been a good week. Time to rectify!

I really liked, how on the label, you could figure out how old the beer was (mine was coming up on 3 years) as well as the yeasts and ingredients. It tasted very alcoholic and sweet, practically a mixed cocktail! I only needed the one beer to start feeling it.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Deschutes bought Boneyard. Didn't see that coming. https://www.deschutesbrewery.com/news-media/2021-03-03/deschutes-boneyard.html

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I still dunno what a pastry stout is

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

you drink it and the high abv turns you into a pastry

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

A 900 calorie beer

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Imagine a stout made with donuts, or Captain Crunch, or cannolis, or all three.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Don’t give Aslin any ideas.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ThePopeOfFun posted:

you drink it and the high abv turns you into a pastry

You had me at drink it

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

That's probably really useful for distribution. It's not hard to find in the PNW, but with Deschutes being basically everywhere, it just means they can throw some of the Boneyard on the trucks now.

highme
May 25, 2001

It definitely feels like a 21st Century Deschutes play, make in move on something years after it’s relevant.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Delicious and gives you diabetus

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

A disgusting mess created because Americans are hopelessly addicted to sugar.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Don’t give Aslin any ideas.

Does Aslin make anything worth trying that isn’t a pastry stout? They’ve made their way up here for distribution and I’ve been seeing some of their brews around.

highme
May 25, 2001

I don't mind their hazies, but none of them have blown me away.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

New Glory, local to me:
https://www.newglorybeer.com/beers/plentiful-pastries/
https://www.newglorybeer.com/beers/its-crunch-time/

They actually make really good beers, but I have not tried this one. A bunch of their stouts give me diabetes just reading the ingredients.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Does Aslin make anything worth trying that isn’t a pastry stout? They’ve made their way up here for distribution and I’ve been seeing some of their brews around.

Their fruited berliners are tasty and they make some good hazy IPAs. I'm particularly fond of Double Orange Starfish and Selfish Predator. It seems like a lot of their stuff lately is one-offs.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

most of their ipas and lagers are trash

oh, the czech dark lager is actually pretty good

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

funkybottoms posted:

most of their ipas and lagers are trash

oh, the czech dark lager is actually pretty good

do not listen to this man. he is a certified hater.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I just wanted to tell Funkybottoms that the liquor store I go to no longer has 12 Oz cans of Framinghammer. :(

Because now they only have 16 Oz cans. At the same price.:guinness:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
was given three fresh beers from a sales rep recently. one was fine, but the other two were badly flawed. i will say that i've really liked most of their stouts that i've tried, though

edit- power moves and old town lager were the drainpours; rookie card was the okay one

Quiet Feet posted:

I just wanted to tell Funkybottoms that the liquor store I go to no longer has 12 Oz cans of Framinghammer. :(

Because now they only have 16 Oz cans. At the same price.:guinness:

wicked pissah

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
My name is Joe Mauro. I am the founder of crypto brewery in Asheville NC. I am a biotech executive that has been an avid beer lover and visitor of Asheville, NC for a decade. I decided to finally open my hybrid model of craft brewery and crypto currency mining business. This model has received positive feedback from the ABA and I am now in search of a partner that will work on developing our brand and growing our business. I will be offering equity to this new partner along with a base salary when we start the operation of buildout. I am looking only for experienced brewers that have won local or national awards for their beer. I need someone that is a self motivator, personable and has the love of this as I do.