Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If I ever do Comp again it's only going to be with a pre-made full team of six where everyone has a mic

But I'm probably not going to bother cause Comp in this game is the textbook definition of a Sisphyean task

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
pc bronze comp is fine, certainly nothing like LoL or valorant

a lot of players are above bronze, but that's my story

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

drrockso20 posted:

If I ever do Comp again it's only going to be with a pre-made full team of six where everyone has a mic
The problem with this approach is then you get matched against other six stacks that stomp you repeatedly and then you and your friends end up hating each other.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Ad by Khad posted:

I think people in Bronze have generally made peace with their badness. People in the higher tiers are all tryhards with delusions of being a Master-levrl player that the rest of their team is holding back. I shudder to think about playing comp with other Platinum players again.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I only play mystery heroes anymore. I don't think I could touch comp without muting all the chat in advance, but of course doing that means you're going to get people throwing because they're mad that you're not in comms, so I don't see the point.

:respek: mystery heroes is my jam

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ad by Khad posted:

I'm on Console Bronze, which is a whole magnitude worse

I think people in Bronze have generally made peace with their badness. People in the higher tiers are all tryhards with delusions of being a Master-levrl player that the rest of their team is holding back. I shudder to think about playing comp with other Platinum players again.

I don't consider myself great, but I do think I at least have a decent basic grasp on how to play the game and most of the characters, the problem is a lot of the people I get paired up with are just stupid on a near cosmic level

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Field Mousepad posted:

:respek: mystery heroes is my jam

MH owns because you can actually make a difference with a concerted effort to kill one enemy hero.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think its more that everyone at every level is bad (worse than gm). People that have been playing for a long time are at peace with their badness. New people all think they are going to skyrocket to GM.

The problem with gold/plat is that is where everyone starts. Lots of new folks. You also get all of people that reject that they are bronze and buy a new account to reset SR. They are super salty.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I've been playing as rein and just trying to see how much damage I can block, at my QP matchmaking level it's brushing up against 20k in something like rialto.

I'm coincidentally getting a real good feel for leading the flamestrike but rein is way more chill and fun to play when you're not just acting like Fat Genji and charging in unsupported.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FAUXTON posted:

rein is way more chill and fun to play when you're not just acting like Fat Genji and charging in unsupported.

could you please tell this to literally every Rein I've ever played with, thanks in advance

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

drrockso20 posted:

I'm on Console Bronze, which is a whole magnitude worse

I believe you, and I'm sorry to hear it.

There are still people in pc bronze with delusions of being a master-level genji, but it's really fuckin easy to troll them by just asking them why they are here in the lowest form of overwatch possible, even below quickplay

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

headcase posted:

I think its more that everyone at every level is bad (worse than gm). People that have been playing for a long time are at peace with their badness. New people all think they are going to skyrocket to GM.

The problem with gold/plat is that is where everyone starts. Lots of new folks. You also get all of people that reject that they are bronze and buy a new account to reset SR. They are super salty.

I think part what ties into it is people think "Hey, I'm way better than I used to be!"

Well, so is everybody else. You're placed exactly where you should be.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I have a lot of trouble working out what the gently caress is the difference between getting completely rolled and actually winning a game so I just assume it's my dumbass self loving something up, even if it's not

EDIT: I'm also really noticing the Ana changes, the amount of times I've watched someone die while I was reloading...

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 5, 2020

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

could you please tell this to literally every Rein I've ever played with, thanks in advance

On the other hand sometimes you have to Fat Genji to get your team to push, it's a balance really

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If I get put into a game as a healer and I see a Genji or Rein I'm absolutely gonna be grabbing zen, the discord orb helps make up for only having 1 dps and the transcend covers for the lack of a shield.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

black.lion posted:

On the other hand sometimes you have to Fat Genji to get your team to push, it's a balance really

They could at least stay in my line of sight and not also be behind an enemy shield :mad:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

D.va is fat genji, get it right guys.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

They could at least stay in my line of sight and not also be behind an enemy shield :mad:

Fair, I admit for 10+ seasons I did this ish, then I spent two seasons maining Ana and now I'm a much more considerate Rein

I'm also a really bossy Ana

"DON'T YOU DARE TURN THAT CORNER COME BACK HERE RIHGT NOW"

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

What is actually the active discord server? Seems like there are 2-3 in different OPs of threads that haven't been posted into in years.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

New Overwatch league limited time skins

https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/1305227502789554183?s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That Reinhardt skin kicks rear end goddamn.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why is twitter video player so incredibly bad

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Any news on OW2? It feels like there's been nothing but dead air since the initial announcement, barring speculation and 'leaks.'

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Father Wendigo posted:

Any news on OW2? It feels like there's been nothing but dead air since the initial announcement, barring speculation and 'leaks.'

just this from the past week:

https://twitter.com/JasonBabbles/status/1304213069157953536

probably doesn't mean much

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Manatee Cannon posted:

why is twitter video player so incredibly bad
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1305243094158176256/pu/vid/1280x720/iKFeJp_I7WnYvLk-.mp4

e: how do i make it not try to embed

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Father Wendigo posted:

Eh, Jeff said it probably won't be before Blizzcon 2020 before any new information hits.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 13, 2020

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

mcbexx posted:

Eh, Jeff said it probably won't be before Blizzcon 2020 before any new information hits.

Ah. Have they said if they're going to try an all-digital BC, or just cancel it for the year?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

They're going to do an online Blizzcon on February 2021

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

As featured on the Overwatch League All-stars Games:

https://twitter.com/playoverwatch/status/1312545885893484545?s=21

Not to be confused with the ACTUAL TINY OVERWATCH, JEFF :mad: You start as a miniature and as you get more dmg done to the enemy, your character grows larger. It's funnier than it sounds!

Ignis fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 4, 2020

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Jayne has been binge-streaming for the last week with some new stuff:

10 Plats and 2 undercover gm smurfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3gQNSlLGb8

Reverse of that, 2 plats join 2 grandmaster-teams.
Do they deserve to be GM, but elohell stops them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqDlehTRl0
(bit long as it is 3 maps, but worth it.)

Varashi
Sep 1, 2006
THE MAN is limiting my BANDWIDTH :argh: [belgian goons]
Been seriously fun watching Jayne's streams. They're quite entertaining.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

adhuin posted:

Jayne has been binge-streaming for the last week with some new stuff:

10 Plats and 2 undercover gm smurfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3gQNSlLGb8

ok i was like whatever but i started watching and yeah this is a great video

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

This year's Halloween skins look pretty great
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1314936682098040832?s=20

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I like that The Floating Dutchman skin.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

So do any Goons still play this?

drepimetheus
Aug 10, 2018
Ya, I just threw a <500 game as Ryanheart. What do you need to know?

A.Spectre
May 30, 2004

Stalking her way into our hearts
I have a gold bolder but place silver in everything. True Gamer.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My spouse still plays fairly often, she’s been able to kick my rear end for years now.

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!
Overwatch is still the best game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Arms posted:

Overwatch is still the best game ever.

Yeah. To watch at the circus.