Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's a real good possibility. They better have a SOTG soon.

They have this:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/1qmTzVbCuTqFA4aGuzK88j/a-message-from-the-division-2-team

quote:

We see the ongoing conversation in our community and we understand that you are eager for news of what lies ahead for The Division 2.

Today, we are thrilled to confirm that there will be additional content for The Division 2 released later this year! It is your continuous passion and support which enables us to continue to build upon The Division 2 experience, and we cannot thank you enough for that.

Some of you had noticed that Title Update 12 was originally meant to be the last major Title Update for The Division 2, but thanks to your continued support, we are now in the early stages of development for fresh content to release later in 2021.

If that's the reason why the end of Manhunt is kind of meh, then that's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
loving swear to god I only get crashes at the very end of Strongholds

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm starting to think all these bad guys should maybe lock their laptops from time to time

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
So I picked this up. Are random hitches and stutters something I'll need to just get used to?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Silly question: will a Pyromaniac AR work with a Vile Mask? I assume the Scorpio will.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Oldstench posted:

So I picked this up. Are random hitches and stutters something I'll need to just get used to?
I found that happened more often with the DX12 renderer.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Oldstench posted:

I think if you mess with the streaming sliders that can help, but not using DX12 also helps depending on your setting. The DX12 renderer is hosed up and either causes stutters or crashes for most people- which is a shame because I think it looks nice and on my system when it behaves for a while I actually get better performance.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

Silly question: will a Pyromaniac AR work with a Vile Mask? I assume the Scorpio will.

It works for anything that applies a status effect but it’s not really worth using even on a build that does nothing but apply status effects.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

loving swear to god I only get crashes at the very end of Strongholds

For me it's been at the very end of a heroic control point. About a 50/50 chance on loading back into where I was or to a safe house and losing all my control point progress. The RNG is exciting!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I've had a lot of crashes just walking out of safe houses lately for some reason.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kibayasu posted:

It works for anything that applies a status effect but it’s not really worth using even on a build that does nothing but apply status effects.

Yeah I’ve given it a quick go but I think I like the Coyote mask better.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kibayasu posted:

Not true at all, a vile mask disruption pulse / riot foam build using hard wired absolutely locks down black/white tuskers, agents and hunters

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Not true at all, a vile mask disruption pulse / riot foam build using hard wired absolutely locks down black/white tuskers, agents and hunters

neat! what's the build?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Wamdoodle posted:

neat! what's the build?

Vile is based off of conc nade damage and status effect attributes.

Demo class (to make a conc grenade do more damage) vile, glass cannon China light chest for explosive damage boost to conc and amplified damage from the perk, 4 pieces of Hard wired rolled to status effects (backpack is required for perk).

Killing poo poo with pulse and foam is never not funny, and on harder difficulties you play on a team that can deal damage, so they get to shoot at a bunch of stunlocked dudes and perma disabled bigdogs

You just gotta learn to precisely space your pulses and foam launches and you’ll have 100% uptime

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 15, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Not sure why you've chosen Hard Wired when Eclipse Protocol exists.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vile is based off of conc nade damage and status effect attributes.

Demo class (to make a conc grenade do more damage) vile, glass cannon China light chest for explosive damage boost to conc and amplified damage from the perk, 4 pieces of Hard wired rolled to status effects (backpack is required for perk).

Killing poo poo with pulse and foam is never not funny, and on harder difficulties you play on a team that can deal damage, so they get to shoot at a bunch of stunlocked dudes and perma disabled bigdogs

You just gotta learn to precisely space your pulses and foam launches and you’ll have 100% uptime

:thunk:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

Not sure why you've chosen Hard Wired when Eclipse Protocol exists.

So you can spam the skills.

eclipse gives you a bit more status effect but enjoy waiting 40s to get your pulse back

And you don’t need the status effect spread. Pulse hits everything.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

I used this to pull 3 absolute moron randos through heroic + directive Fay Lau manhunt mission, it’s funny as hell. Give it a shot.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

So you can spam the skills.

eclipse gives you a bit more status effect but enjoy waiting 40s to get your pulse back

And you don’t need the status effect spread. Pulse hits everything.

Could just run the skill shard directive and get them back way more often

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I used this to pull 3 absolute moron randos through heroic + directive Fay Lau manhunt mission, it’s funny as hell. Give it a shot.
Yeah, sure you did.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah, sure you did.

Lol what is your problem?

Guy on internet has a fun build and shares it, time to get real mad!!!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

kirbysuperstar posted:

Could just run the skill shard directive and get them back way more often

It’s not the best with this, as you don’t really have skill haste so your reset costs aren’t cheap.

That directive is mega unfun unless you’re running reds or the classic capacitor/turret/drone style stuff imho, which is just so boring at this point.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lol what is your problem?

Guy on internet has a fun build and shares it, time to get real mad!!!
Gonna have to ask for film because your math doesn't check out. Make sure to turn off your aimbot.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah I have my doubts about the killing power of a build that solely relies on Vile to hurt things especially in 4 player Heroic.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah I have my doubts about the killing power of a build that solely relies on Vile to hurt things especially in 4 player Heroic.

In 4 player heroic you don’t kill them instantly. You stun everything forever while doing damage that stops overheals and finishes guys off, and your teammates do killing on stunned idiots that aren’t in cover.

In single player or in the dz you just kill them. Run capacitor in SP.

Edit: just joined a heroic 100 floor to run numbers, each pulse does approx 97.5kdmg x 13 tics on everything it hits, foam does 75kdmg tics. This is on top of the status effects benefits of a t6yellow build with pumped status effect stats to lock everyone up.

And by the time your pulse runs its course, you hit em with 1 of your 7 foams, which refreshes pulse. When you pulse again your foam has refreshed a charge and is topped off. Pulse does not require LoS and has incredible reach, and is hugely beneficial against tusk and harder enemies.

I’ll post vids once they upload.

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 16, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It’s not the best with this, as you don’t really have skill haste so your reset costs aren’t cheap.

That directive is mega unfun unless you’re running reds or the classic capacitor/turret/drone style stuff imho, which is just so boring at this point.

Well it is a directive so unfun goes with the territory really

Except for the rigger set where you can just cancel the skills before they time out and ignore it completely I guess

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Oh hey I’m not the only one to figure this out

https://youtu.be/M4v6LMZOCeM

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Oh hey I’m not the only one to figure this out

https://youtu.be/M4v6LMZOCeM
Wow a whole minute to burn down some reds.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

Wow a whole minute to burn down some reds.

Less than a minute a 15 seconds into the video he posts a bunch of conflict endgame stats where he’s like 2x higher than anyone else on either squad in aggregate damage but you can keep being a huge loving prick about video games dude because for some reason this is the hill you’ve chosen to die on (for what reason now?).

If anyone else wants a fun build that absolutely locks down everything, kills regardless of LoS, and causes ridiculous damage when the enemy density is high, feel free to check it out, you’ll love it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Conflict/PVP has no bearing on a build's effectiveness in PVE where the majority of people play.

Also a video from some random Youtuber doesn't mean anything when idiots put up clickbaity "BEST TANKY DPS BUILD" videos and other bullshit all the time.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Here’s me just now dropping blind into a heroic floor 100 with some bad pubbies who were trapped in spawn.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/a-buff-gay-dude/video/125819504

Normally I wouldn’t play this build aggressively, let alone in front, but there you go for now.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
4 piece, HF, Trauma chest and Memento pack (weapon damage/crit chance, two AoK and one CHD mods), Firewall shield and healybird. Chatterbox and New Reliable strictly for the armored car. Watch is max stability/ammo/CHD/CHC, 17/18 points in weapon damage/accuracy. Challenging Arena for the Season daily.

AHAHAHAHAHA charge up and melt anything other than heavies, and those just take more ammo. Armor broke once (parking garage, too much focus fire plus sniper turret while I was hosing Diesel), hit the arena floor and made straight for the platform furthest from the entry, murdered everyone as they spawned and facemelted Dice. Holy poo poo that was fun - hadn't run the 'box since before I 'roided up the watch, and well before I tried Firewall.

So, of course I then ran around eating convoys and patrols for a bit - especially fun when you finish off whatever, and the spawn is *right there* and you just hold the trigger down and shred until it's time to pick up the loot. I'm now bouncing around like a methed-up squirrel, just like the Youtube vids! :v:

This after doing Faye again :quagmire: for the missing collectables, the final fight was entirely Pestilence with the Furywall build, chopper blew before I even killed anyone. Camped up on the porch, as soon as the radio said the chopper was getting ready, and barely took any damage while passing on the Industrial Disease; only came down after everyone was dead, for looting and the choppah back to DC.

Also did Kenley for the first time last night, cleared the Metro but missed the supply room, oh well. Interesting, but not really thrilling me. That was Scorpio's Furywall, with Baker's Dozen instead of the Grudge.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Here’s me just now dropping blind into a heroic floor 100 with some bad pubbies who were trapped in spawn.

Normally I wouldn’t play this build aggressively, let alone in front, but there you go for now.
I see you getting pushed into a corner because you can't hold down the enemies or kill them. Maybe try some hax?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I'm not trying to be a dick but what am I supposed to be impressed by in that video? One guy is down, you almost die multiple times and you had to run back anyway.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Ygolonac posted:

4 piece, HF, Trauma chest and Memento pack (weapon damage/crit chance, two AoK and one CHD mods), Firewall shield and healybird. Chatterbox and New Reliable strictly for the armored car. Watch is max stability/ammo/CHD/CHC, 17/18 points in weapon damage/accuracy. Challenging Arena for the Season daily.

AHAHAHAHAHA charge up and melt anything other than heavies, and those just take more ammo. Armor broke once (parking garage, too much focus fire plus sniper turret while I was hosing Diesel), hit the arena floor and made straight for the platform furthest from the entry, murdered everyone as they spawned and facemelted Dice. Holy poo poo that was fun - hadn't run the 'box since before I 'roided up the watch, and well before I tried Firewall.

So, of course I then ran around eating convoys and patrols for a bit - especially fun when you finish off whatever, and the spawn is *right there* and you just hold the trigger down and shred until it's time to pick up the loot. I'm now bouncing around like a methed-up squirrel, just like the Youtube vids! :v:

Chatterbox + HF is just really fun to play around with. Scorpion is more reliable esp. vs. heavies but being a bullet hose will never not be fun. Sometimes it's hard to switch back to a different build because I'm a very aggressive girl and HF enables that so hard.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick but what am I supposed to be impressed by in that video? One guy is down, you almost die multiple times and you had to run back anyway.

Just curious what build besides a shield tank would be able to charge into the room in heroic and actually hold position solo?

The point was just showing the damage tics because someone in here was like “you can’t do damage”. You’ll hit every single enemy within pulse range for 100kx13, regardless of where you are and where they are, cover be damned. And then you do it again.

If you don’t play aggressively you can sit behind cover and do that, and your pubs who would normally be alive when you start the mission would be able to do their thing. You can also debilitate them on spawn and hold them.

Again, if y’all wanna sit here and just poo poo on things, whatever. I’m just trying to share something that’s cool, fun, and works up through legendary.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Everyone in here was posting their sick rear end hunters fury builds and those get loving mauled in heroic groups lol

(I love my hunters fury build mind you)

Yet I gotta conduct a PhD defense against some butthurt dude (trying to remember if he was friends with the goon that was a pvp cheater, maybe that’s it)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Everyone in here was posting their sick rear end hunters fury builds and those get loving mauled in heroic groups lol
I've been the ND backup to a couple of HF superstars on Heroic missions including annoying poo poo like DARPA, so I dunno, maybe if you're bad?

e: come to think of it, the DARPA instance I'm thinking of was UnknownMercenary who's been doing shotgun builds so long they should have named the set after him.

Just curious what build besides a shield tank would be able to charge into the room in heroic and actually hold position solo?

The point was just showing the damage tics because someone in here was like “you can’t do damage”. You’ll hit every single enemy within pulse range for 100kx13, regardless of where you are and where they are, cover be damned. And then you do it again.

If you don’t play aggressively you can sit behind cover and do that, and your pubs who would normally be alive when you start the mission would be able to do their thing. You can also debilitate them on spawn and hold them.

Again, if y’all wanna sit here and just poo poo on things, whatever. I’m just trying to share something that’s cool, fun, and works up through legendary.
You're losing DPS to Turret Drone tower defense :lol:

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 16, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

I've been the ND backup to a couple of HF superstars on Heroic missions including annoying poo poo like DARPA, so I dunno, maybe if you're bad?

e: come to think of it, the DARPA instance I'm thinking of was UnknownMercenary who's been doing shotgun builds so long they should have named the set after him.

You're losing DPS to Turret Drone tower defense :lol:

Yes a hunters fury build can do wondrous things when it’s a good player in a good squad that is keyed to the HF being dps so that he’s getting his on kill bonuses and memento pips.

And everything loses dps to three turret drone builds with a good artificer support.

The theme I’m seeing here is coordinated 4 mans can do great stuff.

My point is this build can help turn an uncoordinated squad into a good squad, especially against tusk (particularly dogs, which are the thing that most often messes up teams) and when you get the rogue agent sub encounters on heroic missions. And I’ve used it effectively through and within legendary summit.

I’m genuinely curious why you’re such a prick.

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

My point is this build can help turn an uncoordinated squad into a good squad,
video says nope

How did it go with the Hunters?