Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

My point is this build can help turn an uncoordinated squad into a good squad

Can you post a video of this with that build because your previous one was definitely not that.

Don't get me wrong. I almost always use DPS builds so I appreciate a dude with a good CC build. I've played heroic summit with people who had amazing shock trap or riot foam builds and it's beautiful. The enemies don't move and just melt for you. I didn't see that at all in your clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Jose Oquendo posted:

Can you post a video of this with that build because your previous one was definitely not that.

Don't get me wrong. I almost always use DPS builds so I appreciate a dude with a good CC build. I've played heroic summit with people who had amazing shock trap or riot foam builds and it's beautiful. The enemies don't move and just melt for you. I didn't see that at all in your clip.

Because I just ran in to nail a spawn with the pulse to show the damage tics! I literally said when I posted that vid that I don’t play the build aggressively. I stay in the rear and sit behind cover because disruption pulse has a huge reach and goes through walls.

And you like good riot foam builds? Very helpful right? Pretty much required to be able to stop rushing agents/hunters and burn them down, right?

What if the guy always had a riot foam shot, and was alternating shots with a disruption pulse, which was always up, and both skills were doing damage?

If you like cc builds you will absolutely love this.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

What if the guy always had a riot foam shot, and was alternating shots with a disruption pulse, which was always up, and both skills were doing damage?
what if your video looked nothing like this

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shumagorath posted:

what if your video looked nothing like this

I’ve said 3x now that I recorded that just to show the damage tics to back up my numbers.

I’m done with you, you’re a toxic pos that for some reason is looking to stir poo poo up. Enjoy Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 dude.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the SHD network that i got mad.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It's always funny when someone whirlwinds into a thread acting like their some next level MLG hot poo poo because they found a build they have fun with and then get super pissy when people point out its incredibly milquetoast.

EDIT:

This is a top tier post. Thank you.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Hope that post by the guy who is probably a 43 year old given his reg date wasn’t good, because I can’t see it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

life_source posted:

It's always funny when someone whirlwinds into a thread acting like their some next level MLG hot poo poo because they found a build they have fun with and then get super pissy when people point out its incredibly milquetoast.

I shared a fun and effective build in response to a guy who said vile mask doesn’t do anything good, and the loving elite division thread has nothing better to do than poo poo on it for reasons that have nothing to do with why it’s fun and effective.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Posted this to the Discord but here's my concept for an exotic LMG.

pre:
Quick Draw
Exotic RPK-74
"Who says you can't use a machine gun as a hold out weapon?"

Core Attributes
15% LMG damage
12% damage to target out of cover
Attributes
10% swap speed

Mods
Magazine: +25% reload speed
Carbon Fiber Magazine: Lightweight for speed under fire.

Scope: +10% critical hit damage
Iron Sights: The old gunslingers didn't need any fancy scopes, you don't either.

Muzzle: +5% swap speed
Cut-down Barrel: For faster drawing.

Grip: +10% critical hit chance
Non-slip Grip: To keep your hold steady.

Talent
Gunslinger
Swapping to this weapon confers +60% rate of fire and +40% weapon handling for 5 seconds. Kills will refresh the buff and add and refresh a stack of +5% weapon damage that stacks up to 5 times and lasts for 5 seconds.

When swapping away from this weapon, the weapon damage buff will be transferred to any non-signature weapon for 5 seconds. Gunslinger will be disabled while this buff is still active.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I shared a fun and effective build in response to a guy who said vile mask doesn’t do anything good, and the loving elite division thread has nothing better to do than poo poo on it for reasons that have nothing to do with why it’s fun and effective.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Are you telling that the guy that shits every thread he posts in, posts a bad build, no one takes him seriously and gets mad after showing awful video proof of it?

:vincefrog:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

He could just be like a million other faceless pubbies with bad builds and just not share them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I mean it evidentially functions just fine and if they find it fun on top of that then who cares? The response here is real weird TBH.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

This thread has been more active than it's been in months but it seems the regulars are doing their best to bully anyone else from wanting to post here

gj guys

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Hi I just bought this game on the Lunar New Year sale but what's with the buttholes in this thread

Also should I use this level 30 boost right away or spend some time doing the original stuff to learn?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

kirbysuperstar posted:

I mean it evidentially functions just fine and if they find it fun on top of that then who cares? The response here is real weird TBH.

Does it though? 100k ticks sound cool except an eclipse fire build can do over 400k per tick and can also put Vile on top for another 50-60k or so if you feel like it, and has a lot more flexibility and the CDs aren't anywhere close to 40s so there's definitely some misrepresentation going on.

don't get me wrong it's a decent application of hardwired's refresh talent on the backpack, but so far all I've seen is a build weaker on damage and on cc than an eclipse setup with or without vile. :shrug:

like - the original point was about Vile; there's nothing stopping anyone from slapping it on their eclipse setup if they feel like it, where it's a much more natural fit imo

Syrinxx posted:

Also should I use this level 30 boost right away or spend some time doing the original stuff to learn?

30 boost is designed for if you want to skip to the WONY campaign immediately. There's nothing saying you can't do that, but since you're starting literally brand new I'd leave it alone for now and do DC 'as designed' first. It's a little awkward to skip to 30 and skip a lot of DC stuff but it's no big deal. You can always 30 boost a new agent at any time so it's not a big choice either way.

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 17, 2021

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Psion posted:

Does it though? 100k ticks sound cool except an eclipse fire build can do over 400k per tick and can also put Vile on top for another 50-60k or so if you feel like it, and has a lot more flexibility and the CDs aren't anywhere close to 40s so there's definitely some misrepresentation going on.

He said it was a cc/support build, people started getting on his rear end about damage numbers, so he posted a video with the damage numbers, and then everybody got on his rear end about how the numbers would be higher with a different build not focused on CC, so I dunno. I've gotten some very helpful advice in here but it's not the first time some of the tier one operators ITT have rushed into a weird pile-on because someone posted a build they didn't like.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

Hi I just bought this game on the Lunar New Year sale but what's with the buttholes in this thread

I guess that depends on you. You’ll likely be doing it by yourself but I think there’s value in doing at least the 1-30 level climb and finishing the Capitol stronghold. It doesn’t really play differently, the gear is the same just lower level, but the city and missions feels markedly different than what comes after.

Once you finish the Capitol for the first time and reach level 30 is when you might want to use the boost because there’s almost no plot between that and the actual final Stronghold in Tidal Basin. What you’re doing in this part of the game is climbing a World Tier system by repeating all the main missions/strongholds again but fighting a new faction and the only thing you really get for context is “They’re doing something bad, better stop them.” This may or may not hold your attention so what I always say is after Capitol just keep going with the World Tiers until you start feeling bored and use the boost then. The only thing you miss is apparently a collectible you can’t get if you use the boost?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hulk Krogan posted:

He said it was a cc/support build, people started getting on his rear end about damage numbers, so he posted a video with the damage numbers, and then everybody got on his rear end about how the numbers would be higher with a different build not focused on CC,

No, you're misunderstanding. Eclipse is also a cc/support build with 4+ times the dps and spreading effects on top of that. It is an apples-to-apples comparison being made, the focus is the same, both capable at cc but one on top of that significantly more powerful at the best kind of cc, "death" :v:

put in those terms does it make more sense why people might think it's not great?

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 17, 2021

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I would highly recommend calling for backup all the time if you do 1-30 the normal way because ain't nobody gonna match in at story difficulty as I found out recently when I decided it'd be funny to storm the capitol again back in January

Always good to have a reviver nearby when you make an oopsy

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I would highly recommend calling for backup all the time if you do 1-30 the normal way because ain't nobody gonna match in at story difficulty as I found out recently when I decided it'd be funny to storm the capitol again back in January

Always good to have a reviver nearby when you make an oopsy

I basically kept reviver hive the whole leveling process to cover those oopsies (it drops automatically to revive you). Mostly me just being impatient and refusing to duck back into cover when something is almost dead.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

kirbysuperstar posted:

Why would you use Hard Wired when you can just use Eclipse? That's what I'm wondering. Like he says "oh your pulse takes forever to recharge" but you can just kill every non-elite with a proper fire + foam/pulse Eclipse build in less time than it takes for his to cycle (cause remember, you can't apply any status effects if the enemy already has that one up).

Like it's functional, but it's hardly the game changer/OP build he seemed to imply it was.

Hulk Krogan posted:

He said it was a cc/support build, people started getting on his rear end about damage numbers, so he posted a video with the damage numbers, and then everybody got on his rear end about how the numbers would be higher with a different build not focused on CC, so I dunno. I've gotten some very helpful advice in here but it's not the first time some of the tier one operators ITT have rushed into a weird pile-on because someone posted a build they didn't like.

Eclipse is a far superior CC/Support build, that's the thing lmao

No one was comparing it to HF (except him) or a regular turret + drone skill build.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 17, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Psion posted:

No, you're misunderstanding. Eclipse is also a cc/support build with 4+ times the dps and spreading effects on top of that. It is an apples-to-apples comparison being made, the focus is the same, both capable at cc but one on top of that significantly more powerful at the best kind of cc, "death" :v:

put in those terms does it make more sense why people might think it's not great?

Fine just explain to me how the eclipse build will 360deg perma lock down tusk dogs and opponent tech skills. Death is ideal for this stuff but dogs, and especially the runny chaingun dogs, are not cooperative.

I’m not wedded to anything so if you can make it do that I will switch! I don’t think disruptor pulse will have permanent availability on an eclipse build but I’m all ears.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

MunchE posted:

This thread has been more active than it's been in months but it seems the regulars are doing their best to bully anyone else from wanting to post here

gj guys

Maybe you don't know, but people dogpiling the rereg of someone who was previously run out of the thread for being a creepy rear end in a top hat isn't the scathing indictment of the thread you think it is.

Hulk Krogan posted:

In the interest of fairness I basically recreated the build and tried it out for myself. It does more damage on Vile ticks than either my purely support CC build or my damage oriented fire sticky build, but my fire sticky build does way more damage overall without being insanely squishy from Glass Cannon. Meanwhile my purely support build has more status and much larger CC spread with barely a difference in uptime. Hard Wired is much less impressive when they changed the effect away from an instant skill refresh and while it still provides a moderate bonus here, the status bonuses and increased spread of Eclipse Protocol is a pretty natural fit for a status build whether it's for CC or damage. The build's basically trying to be both support and damage, and not really being that good at either. Like, I'd put it up against a non Gear Set CC build as say it comes out below that as well because there's not much synergy beyond "increase explosive damage to jack up the Vile ticks while sacrificing everything else".

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah uhhhhhh nobody looks good here, chill thread :five:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

Maybe you don't know, but people dogpiling the rereg of someone who was previously run out of the thread for being a creepy rear end in a top hat isn't the scathing indictment of the thread you think it is.

It was actually because I wouldn’t stop calling out a certain poster for being an admitted dark zone hacker.

The mods asked me to drop it so I won’t name him. Reasonable request because it doesn’t bring anything to the thead to bark at him directly. and I’m sure he’s stopped by now.

Still, I’m surprised by the pc division crew tolerating (sheltering?) a hacker. See Smurgha or whatever his name is and his coy comment suggesting I should use hax to gid gud on my HF build. Whatever man, I’ll get right on that on my Xbox.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

UnknownMercenary posted:

I've seen plenty of dogpiles against people who didn't apparently have a pre-existing beef with folks in the thread so maybe chilling tf out is an idea just a thought

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Guys let's all just agree to storm the Capitol together

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

But only if you’re in these pre-established builds. And god forbid if I see a Pestilence anywhere near the eastern seaboard.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

MunchE posted:

I've seen plenty of dogpiles against people who didn't apparently have a pre-existing beef with folks in the thread so maybe chilling tf out is an idea just a thought

i've seen a lot of reasoned responses here and before so maybe don't hit everyone with the same brush?

a lot of people take critique of a build as personal critique and that's just not true; in a numbers game like this one there are avenues to making them better that are not always obvious, so having people help is good. If you assume no good will of course you're not gonna see it. Yes some people get a little testy about seeing the same thing show up 400 times but their goal isn't to be a prick it's to help someone do better. Lumping that all into "dogpile" is disingenuous.

like 99% of this game is cooperative pve, builds have actual effect on your teammates who want to succeed with you as part of the squad. It's weird to see the defense force roll in to prevent any (ideally constructive but not always) crit no matter what when we should be trying to, y'know, help build each other up?

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 17, 2021

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Jacked the difficulty up to Heroic, all directives active to do the SHD weekly, Exotic cache puked out a (really well-rolled) Ninjabike, my third. :catstare:

So, of course I cruise around the vendors, found one item I wanted for recal and that was about it, so why not go see how dangerous the streets of NYFC could be?

Pretty fukken dangerous, when you run Ammo Hoarders. Ran around, played kill and be killed, then turned off Ammo Hoarders and played some more. Died some more.

Came back to DC and tried Grand Washington, well how 'bout that, you die the whole thing resets. Well, except when you run revive hive because of the rogue agent announcement, and they pop out and murderfuck you on the wrecked/burning floor. Then you revive and since they're still standing right there, eat another firestarter.

*Then* you respawn at the start of the floor again, instead of outside.

Running Scorpio's Furywall again, Baker's Dozen instead of the Grudge because I needed more range in some spots, and the dreaded Pestilence for the shoot-across-the-atrium section because some purple fuckstick *immediately* deployed a sniper turret, and the plagie bullets would keep killing even from only a few hits blindfired from cover.

Mostly Scorpio for the roof, and the boss lost almost all his armor between that and Kelso's drone before he finally dropped.

But yeah, I finished. Might keep Heroic but turn off directives, just for the hell of it. Oh wait, Circe League, so maybe not right now...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ygolonac posted:

Pretty fukken dangerous, when you run Ammo Hoarders.

nice work

but I never run ammo hoarders, I like bullets :v:

I feel like some directives are just ... I dunno, not enough benefit? They slow you down more than you earn in xp. Hard to Earn is the closest to free xp so I always run that, but stuff like messing with my skills or making me run pistols only, no thanks

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Ygolonac posted:

Jacked the difficulty up to Heroic, all directives active to do the SHD weekly, Exotic cache puked out a (really well-rolled) Ninjabike, my third. :catstare:

Just as a heads up, difficulty/directives doesn't affect cache contents.

It's buried in the patchnotes somewhere but cache contents have roughly the same roll qualities of Heroic/Legendary. I believe the distinction is a high level clan cache has Legendary rolls while field/exotic caches have Heroic rolls but I'd have to doublecheck old patchnotes to be sure.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Psion posted:

i've seen a lot of reasoned responses here and before so maybe don't hit everyone with the same brush?

a lot of people take critique of a build as personal critique and that's just not true; in a numbers game like this one there are avenues to making them better that are not always obvious, so having people help is good. If you assume no good will of course you're not gonna see it. Yes some people get a little testy about seeing the same thing show up 400 times but their goal isn't to be a prick it's to help someone do better. Lumping that all into "dogpile" is disingenuous.

like 99% of this game is cooperative pve, builds have actual effect on your teammates who want to succeed with you as part of the squad. It's weird to see the defense force roll in to prevent any (ideally constructive but not always) crit no matter what when we should be trying to, y'know, help build each other up?

Agreed that’s why I appreciate all the critiques which are exactly like you described, such as

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah, sure you did.

Shumagorath posted:

Wow a whole minute to burn down some reds.

Shumagorath posted:

You're losing DPS to Turret Drone tower defense :lol:

Genuinely curious which thread you read to then post this:

Psion posted:

Yes some people get a little testy about seeing the same thing show up 400 times but their goal isn't to be a prick it's to help someone do better

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I played this for a while at launch on PC, but fell off when I started to get fatigued with spending 15 minutes cleaning my inventory after every mission. Now that I have a Series S and saw that the game got a next-gen 60 fps patch, I decided to start over on Xbox, plus pick up the WoNY expansion. I've been 40 for about two days now, and I'm still spending a lot of time fiddling with my inventory, though I hope that'll go down once I fill out my recalibration library and can go through my stuff more quickly.

About 95% of my time so far has been spent using rifles and SMGs, and oxidizer chem launcher with stinger hive. It's worked okay so far, but now that I'm sticking to challenging difficulty most of the time, I'm feeling a bit fragile. I might switch things up entirely, but first I'd like to see if there are any gear sets that mesh well with my play style

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I thought something really newsworthy happened and was somewhat excited when I clicked on the thread but alas just another boring slapfight about who can kill red NPCs the fastest

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Psion posted:

Yeah you're saying this after 2 pages of the same handful of dudes who hate every build they didn't make poo poo in the newest person who bothered to share one that was one they didn't make. But nah everyone else is the jerks

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Randomly matched into Heroic missions yesterday to finish the Resident Evil apparel event. Worth it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

e: nm, not worth continuing

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Roman posted:

Randomly matched into Heroic missions yesterday to finish the Resident Evil apparel event. Worth it.

I really like the red jacket and the bomber style jacket from that event but that mask and the severed dog head backpack trophy are impressively gross looking lol