Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i just send them a polite e-mail saying i'm all set, and they say ok thanks have a good one and they stop contacting me? basic courtesy like bothering to take ten seconds and reply goes a long way

of course, if you're terrible with human interactions, i suppose not replying for days and then posting about it here doesn't work at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Broken Machine posted:

that's the one i have, too. love that it just has the one button

Midjack posted:

solid choice

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

gently caress oooooooffffff. i want to tell them off so much but i'm too polite and who knows what sort of lists you get put on for being a dick to recruiters

Hey Tim, How's everything going?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Just set your auto-reply to be a link to the vid of Jeff Goldblum saying "how dare you speak to me"

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

rly good thx except for my boy travis k

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

there's like four of them in sh/sc. i dunno why.

oh, in a gray forum. eh.....

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

navi only she’s saying “hey, tim”

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

shoeberto posted:

I invented a new game called "wfh DDR", and it's when you're taking a poo poo at the same time your roomba is trying to vacuum the bathroom.

I have never vacuumed, or seen anyone vacuum, or heard about anyone vacuuming their bathroom. It's a bathroom just hose it down or mop it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

shoeberto posted:

My roomba managed to find and eat an (unopened) pad, which I thought was impressive. Got the fucker wedged right up behind the bristle thingers so I couldn't see it until I took it apart, after the app complained about poor suction a few times.

It's kinda like having a really stupid pet.

you say that like dog owners can’t tell that exact same story

except the bit about the app, probably

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I have never vacuumed, or seen anyone vacuum, or heard about anyone vacuuming their bathroom. It's a bathroom just hose it down or mop it.

North American bathrooms are different from finnish ones. we don’t have a drain in the middle and shower/tub are enclosed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

North American bathrooms are different from finnish ones. we don’t have a drain in the middle and shower/tub are enclosed

lmao why would you do that? no wonder thousands of americans succumb to black mold every year.

(i made that statistic up, it's probably tens of thousands or something idk)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Jonny 290 posted:

i bought the basic manual zoji. Yes, i would eventually like to justify a cooker that plays songs, but this will do just fine for now.

44 bucks for a proven design

My wife ordered a Tatung two days ago

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lookin forward to a hot pile of rice with no thought needed for my daily lunch. which i need to start eating again

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

lookin forward to a hot pile of rice with no thought needed for my daily lunch. which i need to start eating again

the madras lentil tasty bite is good with rice. they oem the trader joes version too

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

c coronavirus s: i gave in, my rice cooker shows up tomorrow.

rice cookers are good wtf

now get yourself some short grain japanese/californian rice and achieve nirvana

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

small bowl of cold sticky rice with some thin sliced barbecue chicken and veggies on top. that’s been mostly my diet for the past year now. it’s great

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
plain white rice is by far the worst staple food in the world. it's not even a contest

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love rice and am not taking that bait

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DELETE CASCADE posted:

plain white rice is by far the worst staple food in the world. it's not even a contest

:wrong:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

taro is definitely worse as a staple. its so much worse that the countries that traditionally relied on it are moving away from it

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

if you got a rice cooker w/ a steamer basket, go to the asian market and get some frozen steamed buns and when u cook some rice put some buns in the steamer basket thing at the same time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lemme figure out some broccoli first but yeah

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
*butthead voice* put your buns in the steamer

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

lemme figure out some broccoli first but yeah

the one you got doesn't include a steamer tray so you'll need a basket for it separately

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
This is the one my wife ordered

http://www.tatungusa.com/product/64-3-cup-multi-cooker

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Broken Machine posted:

the one you got doesn't include a steamer tray so you'll need a basket for it separately

yea if i get lucky i can find some plastic foodsafe basket i can jam in there. its hacker time at casa 290

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
rinse your calrose rice and then stick a tomato in there with it before you turn it on

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
when people were still calling it The Wuhan Flu and rushing the supermarkets, I went to 99 Ranch which was dead quiet thanks to racists. I bought about a month's worth of frozen dumplings and a brick of hotpot base to share with my friends once this all blows over.

the brick of seasonings is still in my drawer :smith:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when people were panic buying in the spring I was at one safeway in sf and the “rice” section was empty shelves and directly across the same aisle was the Asian section with piles of 5 to 25 pound bags of good rice it was like :psyduck:

the places I shop in chinatown were out of the exact kinds I usually buy for like 2 weeks tops

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

in a panic you go with what you know

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
I own a lot of dumb kitchen appliances and in the D.K.A. ranking system (general usefulness, not taking up shittons of space), a small one-button rice cooker is definitely near the top. That said I almost never drag it out anymore, because when I'm making rice now it's in 'meal prep' quantities.

Jimmy Carter posted:

when people were still calling it The Wuhan Flu and rushing the supermarkets, I went to 99 Ranch which was dead quiet thanks to racists. I bought about a month's worth of frozen dumplings and a brick of hotpot base to share with my friends once this all blows over.

the brick of seasonings is still in my drawer :smith:

I bought a four lb. chuck roast and vac pack'd (again, D.K.A.) it and shoved it in the freezer.

I live alone.

After ten months in there I finally made chili con carne and lived off of it for like a week.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol i like that that was true at one stage

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

it was never true, echi.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

yeah, in 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm watching WILTY on Youtube and Rob Brydon just pronounced Lady Gaga as "Lady Gagá" and I can't stop chuckling.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait, is that how one's supposed to pronounce it?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
g’gah

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s pronounced like a posh English person saying this name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Midjack posted:

in a panic you go with what you know

for me it’s posting