Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Whatever no use in being coy. I assume there is some sort of mechanic in this game where someone can control someone’s else’s actions, or votes, or whatever. It probably doesn’t matter if rhymes ever explains the discrepancy. With his potential soft claim of a cop on CCK night one he would be a great target for scum to mess with. He would be a great target to watch regardless of whether you were scum or town. Or track or whatever.

Rhymes if you did get a town result on CCK no point in being shy about it. Otherwise I’m just going to think about other things. I’ll vote after kid drop off as I have a nice ferry ride to reread and think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Anyway we can have a spell where everybody dances around and votes me and then unvotes me when I claim a power role, so I recommend we cut to the chase here and just agree that I am not scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Just vote Cena and if he flips town watcher we can figure out wtf with Clue and then probably lunch Grandicap okay GO

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I mean, I’m sort of leaning towards Cena with grand and toalp being scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Just vote Cena and if he flips town watcher we can figure out wtf with Clue and then probably lunch Grandicap okay GO

This is a wild idea, why would we do this?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

This is a wild idea, why would we do this?

Because there’s a contradiction between Cena/clue -> Grandicap callin for Cena’s blood in a weird way. This is not a wild idea, Keane, and it’s better than your plan of: don’t do anything, even accidentally

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
the thing is that the JC case calls for him being weirdly puppetmastery and operating on several levels of wifom like JC hammering scum and participating in lunches and casing people but still being scum,

i'm sorry i didn't know you were probed keane but lets be real, you've had at least a week to try and play the game and you haven't been trying very hard until the pressure's turned on a bit as we've been reduced to 8 players.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Because there’s a contradiction between Cena/clue -> Grandicap callin for Cena’s blood in a weird way. This is not a wild idea, Keane, and it’s better than your plan of: don’t do anything, even accidentally

I don't do anything on purpose, Sandwolf, and I'll let you sort through the ambiguities of that statement.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

the thing is that the JC case calls for him being weirdly puppetmastery and operating on several levels of wifom like JC hammering scum and participating in lunches and casing people but still being scum,

i'm sorry i didn't know you were probed keane but lets be real, you've had at least a week to try and play the game and you haven't been trying very hard until the pressure's turned on a bit as we've been reduced to 8 players.

I wasn't probed, I was probing, asking questions to figure stuff out.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I utterly agree that someone needs to be executed too, maybe we can plurality jc/clue/keane and win the game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I wasn't probed, I was probing, asking questions to figure stuff out.

yeah and your only strong call so far after 2 days of figuring out the game is calling someone casing you scummy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If grandicap is scum I applaud him for finding something and latching onto it in a very town way I think, I just wish the rest of town wouldn't be so stubborn with their opinions or unwilling to commit to a read, the day is ending in 5 hours.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

WTF, (1) if you are trying to imply that you watched me target myself, that is a lie!. I do no such thing.
(2) If this is one of those trick-trap questions like "Have you stoppd abusing your pets?" then see (1).

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Better. Not so contagious.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I didn't/How can I be sure?
I guess I could ask my cats....

these are rhymes last 3 game posts. I'm telling you town, that there's this nobody with logical inconsistencies and no game presence (lowest postcount alive in the thread) who keeps getting soft defences and the benefit of doubt. this is a scum player

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

they weren't killed despite soft claiming yesterday, and being called out pubicly in some way by JC they should be murdered

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

this is such a gross misrepresentation of the scum case on JC that if JC flips scum I'd bet my life Toal is scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

they weren't killed despite soft claiming yesterday, and being called out pubicly in some way by JC they should be murdered

relying on the scumteam to act the way you expect = nope

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

this is such a gross misrepresentation of the scum case on JC that if JC flips scum I'd bet my life Toal is scum

its a fact that in order for the jc to be scum jc would also be scum hammering scum bruh.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

relying on the scumteam to act the way you expect = nope

sandy, try not to be so narrow minded.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

its a fact that in order for the jc to be scum jc would also be scum hammering scum bruh.

yeah but JC hammering scum is very explicitly not that simple, he was at EoD hopping back and forth from the scum and from someone I think is very townie at this point. he seemed extremely self conscious at the end of that day and you confidently saying "he would have to be scum hammering scum," as if it were ever that clear cut, is a bad look, Toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i don't really care about how it looks for me

what do you think about rhymes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

i don't really care about how it looks for me

what do you think about rhymes.

he's being way too quiet rn

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm not saying just trust me, but also try and think holistically about the state of the game.

it is very unlikely that scum toal and scum jc vote out known scum OA day 1. That's a very small possibility objectively speaking.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

scum are more likely to remove themselves from engaging like keane, and not appear on the math or make hard decisions because its easy to case people under the spotlight.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not saying just trust me, but also try and think holistically about the state of the game.

it is very unlikely that scum toal and scum jc vote out known scum OA day 1. That's a very small possibility objectively speaking.

Your vote was a joke vote. You weren’t around when OA got real votes. You said yourself you forgot about the game.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Uuuh sorry I forgot about this game and the game I was running. Nice execution. wow!

Unhelpful post facto comment, spacing looks awkward unvoting and revoting there. My pick for scum off the vote is Keane. Sorry if it sounds like drivebyes but its mostly gut and keane's hmm noncommital playstyle that I kinda dislike.

See

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That's unfair. It wasn't really a joke vote. As far as day one goes it had a good reason. Do you want me to pick it up and show you? Or accuse you of mischaracterizing me.

Toalpaz posted:

This is a real vote. I only want my townies composed of enthusiastic killers.

Not that I'm trying to ride on the credit of the game, I just really want you folks to use some critical thinking without getting caught up on who is asking you to think about the game. Which seems to be impossible. I think you are all caught up in the aesthetics of banter as if you'll find a true hidden motive when someone puts forth some arguements, when catching scum isn't that hard.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote toalp

Sorry you trying to pretend that was a legit vote and you were instrumental in nailing scum is too much.

Plus the people you vote are the possibly softclaimed cop and the possible person the cop defended d2.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

This is literally the post you were responding to when you voted OA. He was responding to a nothing RF post.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

There should only be two scum left, that kind of fake claim if unchallenged is one that will ride out to end game.

That's also ignoring the fact scum would ping me to unvote their team-mate.

But okay, voodoofly. All I can do is lead you to water. I was always blessed with an analytical mind, with no way to convincingly argue my points. Good contribution! I hope you succeed in your goals.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

yeah but JC hammering scum is very explicitly not that simple, he was at EoD hopping back and forth from the scum and from someone I think is very townie at this point. he seemed extremely self conscious at the end of that day and you confidently saying "he would have to be scum hammering scum," as if it were ever that clear cut, is a bad look, Toal
sandwolf when have i ever played this game self consciously and not charging forward ready to bury an axe in the head of liars. you know better.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

sandwolf when have i ever played this game self consciously and not charging forward ready to bury an axe in the head of liars. you know better.

when...you're scum? and you looked on D1 EoD like you were tryna charge forward and bury an axe, but then you pulled that axe out, and then you put the axe back in at the last second. by your own logic, you've not played your townie game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think I give you credit for OA Toal but you pointing to it as being integral to the OA lunch or you helped it happen or you even wanted it to happen are all bridges too far and it's a little scummy you want that kind of credit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

when...you're scum? and you looked on D1 EoD like you were tryna charge forward and bury an axe, but then you pulled that axe out, and then you put the axe back in at the last second. by your own logic, you've not played your townie game
im rly sad you are either being forgetful or selectively so and not recognizing the play which is whiffed here at this point since rhymes with chew has vanished into a black hole somewhere

im vanilla lol.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote rhymes with clue

Honestly Cena it’s annoying when you play poorly and just puppy dog eye at me hoping I’ll see your sincerity when you’ve played like hogshit this game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

##vote rhymes with clue

Honestly Cena it’s annoying when you play poorly and just puppy dog eye at me hoping I’ll see your sincerity when you’ve played like hogshit this game
i play to win, even if my methods are hard to understand

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Sandwolf posted:

##vote rhymes with clue

Honestly Cena it's annoying when you play poorly and just puppy dog eye at me hoping I'll see your sincerity when you've played like hogshit this game

Wait, how did you get from there to here, then end with a Clue vote, when CENA is voting me not Clue?

Even if CENA is being 100% truthful here, a self target tends hard towards clue being town. Even if Clue is lying about not targeting himself.
So I go back to CENA.
If CENA is being truthful, what does a town CENA gain here? He outs a powerrole, and maybe he didn't think ahead to what power roles can self target, but what does that info get town? Nothing. There is no pro-town benefit.
If CENA is being truthful, what does a scum CENA gain here? It is only a little gained here as a scum CENA, but proving a role has been something that has held off executions, even if the role is not indicative of alignment. A claimed watcher is less likely to be executed than an unclaimed player. Just "putting the info out there" also feels like a thing scum could try and do for cred. And by making the info public there is less suspicion when an outed powerrole dies tonight.
If they are both being truthful, it is irrelevant. Again, look at motivations here. An action being redirected or changed doesn't change the motivations for CENA to out someone who self targeted.
If CENA is lying... why? This one boggles my mind the most. There is no town or scum motivation I can think of for CENA to lie here.
If Clue is lying, I get it. As a role that self targets, there is little to gain from claiming it here. A self targeting role is non-investigative. Why investigate yourself? It is likely protective, and claiming a protective role is rather silly. Although I guess now cat's out of the bag.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandi: where has rhymes with clue gone? If he is innocent, or even better, if scum are trying to pin something on him that he didn’t do, HE should be the vocal one going omg Cena didn’t see poo poo because: x,y,z but instead he’s disappeared to let this shitheap continue unabated

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Like, we have a scum dead, I would straight up trade our doctor for another dead scum, don’t act like it’s a bad trade at this point. But Rhymes W Clue disappearing when theoretically he could go: “I’m doctor, that’s not true.” OR “I’m doctor, that’s true.” super loving easily

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'm fine voting Rhymes for not participating but I'm not going to pretend its anything other than a vote to kill a lurker.

I mean I was voting CCK for the same thing although he is at least posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think that CENA being scum for saying that Clue self targeted is dumb. I think he is scum for other reasons.
Scum CENA has very little reason to lie about this target, because if this wasn't upside down and backwards world, voting someone for self targeting isn't a thing. Even if they lie about it afterwards.

Making a lurker case on clue, perfectly reasonable. Making a case on clue for not being on the OA execution, less reasonable, because of the timing, the whole thing developed in like 40 minutes. But I would still entertain it. Voting someone for targeting themselves with an action. Even if we take it as the word of god truth, doesn't make any sense in the slightest.