Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

unless Cena really was just trying to provoke some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Toalpaz posted:

There should only be two scum left, that kind of fake claim if unchallenged is one that will ride out to end game.

That's also ignoring the fact scum would ping me to unvote their team-mate.

But okay, voodoofly. All I can do is lead you to water. I was always blessed with an analytical mind, with no way to convincingly argue my points. Good contribution! I hope you succeed in your goals.

What the hell is this? I'm saying you made a jokevote on OA, you are saying it is a serious vote and that I'm mischaracterizing you. That is why I voted you, for trying to pretend you had anything other than a joke vote.

The rest is all just WIFOM stuff you are presenting. I don't care about anyone's claims at this point and I don't think anyone's claims make them scum or town. As far as scum pinging you or whatever sure possibly but if you were really gone and not checking things it wouldn't matter - I've missed stuff as scum and as town in games despite people trying to get in touch with me.

Again, my vote was solely, 100%, and totally focused on you trying to pass of your vote on OA as a serious vote that led to his execution day 1.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

unless Cena really was just trying to provoke some poo poo

I mean this looks like what happened.

You have been hard on Cena most of the game, does the "I'm vanilla" response change that for you?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

I mean this looks like what happened.

You have been hard on Cena most of the game, does the "I'm vanilla" response change that for you?

It was enough to get me to take my blinders off and reconsider, pursue a different view of the game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandi why didn't Rhymes vote Cena

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, now we're targeting rwc for lurking? Because again: people have real lives. If they're not posting today, and don't come back tomorrow, we can use a free dunk on them then.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress a lot happened, lemme catch up wtf

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Just vote Cena and if he flips town watcher we can figure out wtf with Clue and then probably lunch Grandicap okay GO

You're a better player than this, Sand.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Grandi why didn't Rhymes vote Cena

If I were in Clue's shoes, I wouldn't vote CENA. Not for the claim anyway. The scum motivation for lying about that result is super slim. That's what I am trying to say. I find it exceptionally unlikely that a scum CENA would lie there. In a normal world, claiming someone self targeted is a claim that leans towards that person being town not scum.
But Clue isn't me. So I have no idea why he didn't vote CENA.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mostly i just make poo poo up like this to get quiet players to start posting and so it causes bad mafia teams to pwn themselves. i wouldn't do it if it hasn't worked out so often for me in the past (which is why i was annoyed sandwolf didnt recognize what was going on here!!!)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

spacing in vienna posted:

Wait, now we're targeting rwc for lurking? Because again: people have real lives. If they're not posting today, and don't come back tomorrow, we can use a free dunk on them then.

There is a difference between having real lives, not being around for deadlines, etc., and then just not being active in the thread at all and having nothing to go on.

For me, RWC hasn't posted enough for me to make an alignment call. I don't want that sort of post history making it late into the game, no more no less.

I'd still rather vote Toap though. Passing off their vote on OA as a real vote is the scummiest thing I've seen.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is the john cena experience.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

its a fact that in order for the jc to be scum jc would also be scum hammering scum bruh.

Okay, but that's a thing that has happened and will happen. Scum vote scum. Scum hammer scum. Usually so they can go "what? I'm definitely town. Why else would I hammer scum?"

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

mostly i just make poo poo up like this to get quiet players to start posting and so it causes bad mafia teams to pwn themselves. i wouldn't do it if it hasn't worked out so often for me in the past (which is why i was annoyed sandwolf didnt recognize what was going on here!!!)

Wait, so now you are saying you are lying about it. Did you say that already and I missed it?

poo poo, that actually makes me think you are more likely town.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

this is the john cena experience.

Again, if I vote you it will not NOT be because I had to read "your" book Elbow Grease again last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPPrKVP5iw0

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

do any of Rhymes posts from yesterday feel like townie posts SiV?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Wait, so now you are saying you are lying about it. Did you say that already and I missed it?

Yes he said he was vanilla a page ago or so.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grandicap posted:

JOHN CENA posted:

im vanilla lol.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

What about Toalp?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

There is a difference between having real lives, not being around for deadlines, etc., and then just not being active in the thread at all and having nothing to go on.

For me, RWC hasn't posted enough for me to make an alignment call. I don't want that sort of post history making it late into the game, no more no less.

I'd still rather vote Toap though. Passing off their vote on OA as a real vote is the scummiest thing I've seen.

I'm with you on not wanting rwc in late game if they continue to fail to appear. Hence the free dunk tomorrow. But it seems a weird place for votes to coalesce today.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'm with you on not wanting rwc in late game if they continue to fail to appear. Hence the free dunk tomorrow. But it seems a weird place for votes to coalesce today.

Free dunk?

Oh is this the lurker rules stuff? Let me look at those again, they didn't exist when I was really playing.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##unvote

I need to think, I don't feel like a scum would try that gambit. I will reread Toalp in a bit to see if I see what is seen.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

okay well you're not voting anyone SiV and frankly I can't say who you think is scummy so boy is it weird for you to poopoo this vote without any alternative even in mind

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

When do we know that RWC is "on notice" and when do we get to free kill them?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

This is a good take.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

This is a good take.

than who's the alternative for you Keane

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

When do we know that RWC is "on notice" and when do we get to free kill them?

At the beginning of the day the mod should announce who is on notice, then we can lights out execute them without ending the day.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Rhymes said this is their third game. The bit about "how would I know if I were redirected?" sounded like legit newbie confusion.

Has rhymes posted elsewhere on sa since their last post here?

Voodoofly posted:

What about Toalp?

Toalp sounds incredibly frustrated, which by itself could go either way. I don't like some of the arguments they're making, such as "but as scum I would not have done X," or the fact that they're mischaracterizing JC pretty hard for his stunt. I'm probably voting there, taking a few to look back over and see if there's anyone else I'd rather.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toal's trying to take more credit than they deserve for the OA execution is bad.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

That is the main crux of the case, right Voodoo?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

okay well you're not voting anyone SiV and frankly I can't say who you think is scummy so boy is it weird for you to poopoo this vote without any alternative even in mind

You know me. I don't usually vote until late day unless something strikes me. I get poo poo for it a lot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

alright I still feel good about SiV towniness

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You know me. I don't usually vote until late day unless something strikes me. I get poo poo for it a lot.

yah yah yah but that's not this, if I gave you a gun who would you shoot

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

This is a good take.

You still haven't voted this game. I'd vote you too.

I don't want to, but I will.

It's going to be like the ending of T2.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

That is the main crux of the case, right Voodoo?

That's basically all of it for me.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Free dunk?

Oh is this the lurker rules stuff? Let me look at those again, they didn't exist when I was really playing.

Yeah sorry! If they posted <10 today, mod will announce tomorrow that they are fair game, can be executed without ending the day.

I forget who is a freebie today lemme go check

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

alright I still feel good about SiV towniness

She's been real townie in the silent masonry as well. She's said nothing I've disagreed with.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

She's been real townie in the silent masonry as well. She's said nothing I've disagreed with.

I forgot about this lol

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

yah yah yah but that's not this, if I gave you a gun who would you shoot

Oh, probably toalp right now. I thought I said that? Possibly replying to voodoo? I don't like your posts on the past page or so but I'm okay on you otherwise.

I'm reluctant to think it could be grandi but honestly that's probably invisible mason bias, because our invisible masonry has been lit y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Rhymes With Clue (2): Toalpaz, Sandwolf
Grandicap (1): JOHN CENA
Toalpaz (1): Voodoofly
CCKeane (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
JOHN CENA (0): Sandwolf, Grandicap, Sandwolf, Grandicap

Not Voting (4): CCKeane, Grandicap, Rhymes With Clue, spacing in vienna

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 16th, 2021 at 4:58 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 16 minutes.