Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

spacing in vienna posted:

Oh, probably toalp right now. I thought I said that? Possibly replying to voodoo? I don't like your posts on the past page or so but I'm okay on you otherwise.

I'm reluctant to think it could be grandi but honestly that's probably invisible mason bias, because our invisible masonry has been lit y'all

I'm quite suspicious of Grandi but feel like you can suss him out there if need be. Has Grandi been genuinely talkative? Bringing forth his own opinions instead of just reacting to yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadline in 2:15 hrs

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not saying just trust me, but also try and think holistically about the state of the game.

it is very unlikely that scum toal and scum jc vote out known scum OA day 1. That's a very small possibility objectively speaking.

Toalpaz posted:

That's unfair. It wasn't really a joke vote. As far as day one goes it had a good reason. Do you want me to pick it up and show you? Or accuse you of mischaracterizing me.

Not that I'm trying to ride on the credit of the game, I just really want you folks to use some critical thinking without getting caught up on who is asking you to think about the game. Which seems to be impossible. I think you are all caught up in the aesthetics of banter as if you'll find a true hidden motive when someone puts forth some arguments, when catching scum isn't that hard.

It's this. Toalp is (1) saying that their vote on OA was serious, and had good reason; (2) that Toalp and Cena should be almost objectively cleared ("small possibility objectively speaking" in their words), but (3) "not trying to ride on the credit" while using that same credit to absolve them and Cena and then (4) saying everyone else is not being analytical and basically throwing sand (not Sand) at everyone for not seeing how obvious all of this is.

Look, this hasn't been a super content heavy game, but I don't think everyone is caught up in the "aesthetics of banter" and, coupled with the "I'm town because I voted OA" with a slight asterisk, and doubling down on that OA vote being legit . . . well that is "objectively speaking" scummy as hell.

Seriously, go look at their vote, and the sequence that led up to it, and then make any sort of defense of that being a "real" vote.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

You still haven't voted this game. I'd vote you too.

I don't want to, but I will.

It's going to be like the ending of T2.

I'm actually leaning to thinking Keane can't vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

than who's the alternative for you Keane

I'd agree with voting Toal off.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'm actually leaning to thinking Keane can't vote.

Me too. It's why I asked him to vote me earlier.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I'm quite suspicious of Grandi but feel like you can suss him out there if need be. Has Grandi been genuinely talkative? Bringing forth his own opinions instead of just reacting to yours?

I have reacted vociferously to all opinions that have been posted in the silent masonry. Maybe even twice as many as SiV.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

It's not really what he says. It's more how comfortable the silence is, you know? Those times when you don't need to say anything because you know you are simpatico.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It's not really what he says. It's more how comfortable the silence is, you know? Those times when you don't need to say anything because you know you are simpatico.

well,, uhh,, okay lovebirds.. have fun in there

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think Keane not being able to vote is possible, but gently caress CPig if he did that, non-voting powers are really lovely.
But that would be a good reason to make this game plurality, so that having less votes in the pool doesn't make no executions more likely.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Me too. It's why I asked him to vote me earlier.

Lol I forgot that you pointed to it and thought I was ~very clever~ for having figured something out instead of just picking up your lead.

Keane are you a stump? I mean. That'd be one way to put Bernie in the game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
hey, I didn't say that jc and I were objectively cleared. I was replying to sandwolf saying that both JC and I were scum at the same time given my 'defense' of jc lmfao. But I'm also not sure how you folks can not look at my posting and see earnest town effort, so.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grandicap posted:

I have reacted vociferously to all opinions that have been posted in the silent masonry. Maybe even twice as many as SiV.

While I concede, I should add that I believe I've introduced twice as many topics as you have, by my estimations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

idk personally I find it much easier to believe Keane self-imposed that kinda restriction

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also I'm just going to say that the "aesthetics of banter" is the main reason I play this game. If I just wanted to analyze things and call people scum I'd stick to my day job.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

this is such a gross misrepresentation of the scum case on JC that if JC flips scum I'd bet my life Toal is scum

Voodoofly posted:

It's this. Toalp is (1) saying that their vote on OA was serious, and had good reason; (2) that Toalp and Cena should be almost objectively cleared ("small possibility objectively speaking" in their words), but (3) "not trying to ride on the credit" while using that same credit to absolve them and Cena and then (4) saying everyone else is not being analytical and basically throwing sand (not Sand) at everyone for not seeing how obvious all of this is.

don't you think this is twisting the original meaning of what I said given what I was replying to voodoo fly?

I was saying it was unlikely we were both scum on the vote.

not that both JC and I were cleared.

Can you see the nuance is important and the way you're phrasing it is overreaching?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fair warning I have work one hour before deadline so I won't be around for the last bit.

Toalpaz posted:

hey, I didn't say that jc and I were objectively cleared. I was replying to sandwolf saying that both JC and I were scum at the same time given my 'defense' of jc lmfao. But I'm also not sure how you folks can not look at my posting and see earnest town effort, so.

I definitely see effort, toal, and I feel like you are legitimately frustrated right now.

If we save rwc for tomorrow, to use a free lurker dunk on them, then who should we target now?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Again, you are calling that vote on OA a serious vote and saying I mischaracterized it as a jokevote.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

While I concede, I should add that I believe I've introduced twice as many topics as you have, by my estimations.

I double checked the masonry, SiV is correct.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

at this point i think i am fine jettisoned rhymes with moo from this game. their new name should be rhymes with coward.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Fair warning I have work one hour before deadline so I won't be around for the last bit.

I definitely see effort, toal, and I feel like you are legitimately frustrated right now.

If we save rwc for tomorrow, to use a free lurker dunk on them, then who should we target now?

Its day 3, we shouldn't save people for later. I'd rather vote keane though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

grandi is still my main fos tho

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Again, you are calling that vote on OA a serious vote and saying I mischaracterized it as a jokevote.

Toalp, I'm quoting this again. Everything else is just addition, but you claiming that vote was serious and that I was mischaracterizing you for calling it a joke is S-C-U-M-M-Y.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

Because of his non voting?

JOHN CENA posted:

grandi is still my main fos tho

Is there something I should look for, with grandi?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

We're down a scum so I'm less worried about timing than I would be otherwise.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Toalpaz I have a 2 hour meeting that is about to start, don't know if I'll be back before deadline.
It's just a demo that I am not presenting, so I might be able to sneak a look at the thread on occasion, but definitely not time to reread Toal like I wanted.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

listen voodoofly, you literally are reinterpreting what I said in an earlier quote.

I do think that my vote was serious. I try and leave my vote on people I think are scummy. It *feels* like you are taking something that's a null tell, because I am not nearly as strongly claiming to be cleared as you make me out to be, and running with it because its easier to engage with.

I never said I was objectively cleared, along with JC. I never phrased my involvement with OA as instrumental or important. These are things you have read into my posts and accused me of.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Because of his non voting?

Is there something I should look for, with grandi?

yup!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont like his day 1 and it felt like he was trying to coast an easy vote on me that never took. his day one reads incredibly disingenous, he barely interacts with toalpaz in thread who is my other fos, and he has really distanced himself from his day one play instead of acknowledging it and evolving his views as someone who doesnt know whats going on this game would be doing. compare the evolution of his read of the game vs sandwolf, its just very stark and abrupt. I'd quote but im at a red light rn and thats probably a bad idea

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Going to grab early lunch and try to be back for deadline, but no promises (I'm in office today so if someone starts talking to me about something I can't pretend to listen while I browse the forums - my go to plan on boring calls at home sometimes).

I'll swap to RWC or CCK if somehow a person not Toalp, RWC or CCK is the voteleader, but I'm good with my Toalp vote.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont discount a grandi/voodoo team tho. i dont think its grandi/clue because i think there would be more mafia dadding but that could also be behind the scenes

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think I'd rather do Rhymes than Toalp, maybe Keane would be wise though if he's just not gonna even vote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

i dont discount a grandi/voodoo team tho. i dont think its grandi/clue because i think there would be more mafia dadding but that could also be behind the scenes

I could see Grandi/Voodoo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

maybe keane can store votes?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grandicap posted:

##vote Toalpaz I have a 2 hour meeting that is about to start, don't know if I'll be back before deadline.
It's just a demo that I am not presenting, so I might be able to sneak a look at the thread on occasion, but definitely not time to reread Toal like I wanted.

gently caress, I'm contrary. I just don't like this vote.

Not the way grandi might be offline, because I'm going to be offline in an hour, but something in how it's stated is nagging at me, and I don't know what.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

fursonally I don't think scum grandi would just drop the JC case and follow scum voodoo in a team so obviously. Instead I think one of the two or two of the two are lazy and bad.

Grandi literally thinks JC and I were both scum on the OA vote, so I think it is probably grandicap.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"it's" in "it's stated" is the vote and phrasing around it, not the going to be offline part, to be clear

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

listen voodoofly, you literally are reinterpreting what I said in an earlier quote.

I do think that my vote was serious. I try and leave my vote on people I think are scummy.

You voted him for posting an emoji to RF joking around, and then, by your own words, you forgot the game even existed. Your rationale was a joke, and a decent joke, about not wanting to play with people afraid to kill. Your next post was D2.

All I did at first was ask you about it - calling it out as a joke and pointing out you admitted to not being around. I wasn't calling you scum or voting you, I was just asking a question to see if you wanted to clarify about your vote not being all that indicative or important to the OA execution.

It wasn't until you doubled down to tell me it was serious, saying how you were going to quote it to show everyone how serious it was and brought up me mischaracterizing you. THAT IS WHAT I FIND SCUMMY.

If you are town in that situation you go "yeah, it was a joke vote, it's D1, whatever, it was still there and he got executed". You do NOT tell me how serious that vote was and keep trying to say you had a serious vote on a serious scum target and continue to ride this based on your actual posts D1.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grandicap posted:

Masonry Solidarity.

##vote OA

At the time I was very happy for this post so that I didn't get killed. (This was him weighing in on me vs oa) But in retrospect it feels like it's contrived?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I think I'd rather do Rhymes than Toalp, maybe Keane would be wise though if he's just not gonna even vote

I'm good with Keane too. Whatever the reason not having a single vote down in a plurality game on D3 without an explanation is bad.