Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I don't think Grand is town, and I've had gut calls on him being scum a lot this game, but he is posting. I feel better about deciding on him late game than I do about other people in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

For real getting food this time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

I don't think Grand is town, and I've had gut calls on him being scum a lot this game, but he is posting. I feel better about deciding on him late game than I do about other people in this game.

This feels bussy (not boy pussy)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Voodoofly posted:

You voted him for posting an emoji to RF joking around, and then, by your own words, you forgot the game even existed. Your rationale was a joke, and a decent joke, about not wanting to play with people afraid to kill. Your next post was D2.

All I did at first was ask you about it - calling it out as a joke and pointing out you admitted to not being around. I wasn't calling you scum or voting you, I was just asking a question to see if you wanted to clarify about your vote not being all that indicative or important to the OA execution.

It wasn't until you doubled down to tell me it was serious, saying how you were going to quote it to show everyone how serious it was and brought up me mischaracterizing you. THAT IS WHAT I FIND SCUMMY.

If you are town in that situation you go "yeah, it was a joke vote, it's D1, whatever, it was still there and he got executed". You do NOT tell me how serious that vote was and keep trying to say you had a serious vote on a serious scum target and continue to ride this based on your actual posts D1.

listen voodoofly

I am actually that good. I am like .8 for 1 on hitting scum day one with my day one vote. Its easy for me.

Voodoofly posted:

I mean, I’m sort of leaning towards Cena with grand and toalp being scum

no thoughts on grandi joining hopping on your vote so easily~

Voodoofly posted:

##vote toalp

Sorry you trying to pretend that was a legit vote and you were instrumental in nailing scum is too much.

Plus the people you vote are the possibly softclaimed cop and the possible person the cop defended d2.

Toalpaz posted:

don't you think this is twisting the original meaning of what I said given what I was replying to voodoo fly?

I was saying it was unlikely we were both scum on the vote.

not that both JC and I were cleared.

Can you see the nuance is important and the way you're phrasing it is overreaching?

Again, you've been arguing very hostilely and added meaning for other people to latch onto.

I want to reiterate I am not frustrated with you all. This is how things go. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

A few years ago I played in a game where I had lost my vote, but couldn't mention it directly, so I started talking about how other people seemed like they were being "forced to vote" a certain way.

I mention this for no reason.

I have a power role.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

That's unfair. It wasn't really a joke vote. As far as day one goes it had a good reason. Do you want me to pick it up and show you? Or accuse you of mischaracterizing me.

I know there's no question mark here, but you gotta admit I phrased this like a question. I don't even accuse you of mischaracterizing me early on. I'm just trying to understand you point at the start. But you've taken this point and ran with it because you seem to have reading comprehension issues or also don't want to hunt scums for real. lol.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
##vote grandi

I'm officially the worst mason ever

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

spacing in vienna posted:

##vote grandi

I'm officially the worst mason ever

Whanna give us a little more than this?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Whanna give us a little more than this?

It's over the past few posts. I'm worried Grandi's going with the flow a little too much.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Holy poo poo. I am not a morning person but I did check earlier and thread wasn't moving.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

if rhymes is town they really are doing us dirty by just uh, not revealing any info and also walking away from the game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Holy poo poo. I am not a morning person but I did check earlier and thread wasn't moving.

:eyes:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Dude. Say anything. Don’t just act exasperated

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Yeah, okay. Sorry about that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

Say anything.

Sandwolf posted:

Say anything.

Sandwolf posted:

Say anything.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

if rhymes is town they really are doing us dirty by just uh, not revealing any info and also walking away from the game.

What information do you want me to reveal? I don't have any. Except did I see there where Cena admitting to lying about me visiting myself? I think I did.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

omg

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

well gently caress by "I think I did" i mean "I think I saw him say that."

I did not visit myself.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

What information do you want me to reveal? I don't have any. Except did I see there where Cena admitting to lying about me visiting myself? I think I did.

just uh skim through thread or provide any reads at all

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm going to unvote you and re-evaluate you based on what you say!!!!!!!!!! ##unvote

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Yesterday and D1 I was town-reading CCKeane pretty hard, based on posts in the thread, nothing more, and maybe I was wrong. I thought Toalpaz's vote on him was a bad vote, and maybe I was wrong about that, too. I still don't think so. But I have not a lot of games here and don't know your play styles. And you don't know mine, if I even have one. And I think that Toal read something into my post that wasn't actually there. I get misinterpreted a lot, it's a personal failing I guess. I am trying to be very concise here. I am not rolefishing.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

D'oh! I am also not proofreading. Maf edit: I have not PLAYED a lot of games…

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I am getting town vibes from CCKeane, yeah still, and Spacing in Vienna.

Still think Cena is lying. Don't know why he picked me to lie about. Or something is going on way between the lines.

I said I wasn't rolefishing but I wasted some time thinking about the movie roles. I think Cena is Vito.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I am getting town vibes from CCKeane, yeah still, and Spacing in Vienna.

Still think Cena is lying. Don't know why he picked me to lie about. Or something is going on way between the lines.

I said I wasn't rolefishing but I wasted some time thinking about the movie roles. I think Cena is Vito.

........ what the actual gently caress

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

........ what the actual gently caress

Sorry that's unhelpful.

Rwc cena admitted to lying, he was trying to stir poo poo.

Also why are you -- concerned about role names? If you think cena is scum, vote him? I can't even tell if you think he is

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I was looking at the character names on people who flipped and trying to make some connection. I don't think there is one, but it was a thought. Not a great one.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I was looking at the character names on people who flipped and trying to make some connection. I don't think there is one, but it was a thought. Not a great one.

its okay dont worry about it,

who do you think is scum or acting in bad faith here. just follow your heart and vote them. that is more important than anything.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

At least one thing I have said is provably true, which is that Cena lied.

So yeah, why note.

##vote CENA

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Other things I said are also true, but not provably so.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

I think that CENA being scum for saying that Clue self targeted is dumb. I think he is scum for other reasons.
Scum CENA has very little reason to lie about this target, because if this wasn't upside down and backwards world, voting someone for self targeting isn't a thing. Even if they lie about it afterwards.

Making a lurker case on clue, perfectly reasonable. Making a case on clue for not being on the OA execution, less reasonable, because of the timing, the whole thing developed in like 40 minutes. But I would still entertain it. Voting someone for targeting themselves with an action. Even if we take it as the word of god truth, doesn't make any sense in the slightest.

Grandicap posted:

If I were in Clue's shoes, I wouldn't vote CENA. Not for the claim anyway. The scum motivation for lying about that result is super slim. That's what I am trying to say. I find it exceptionally unlikely that a scum CENA would lie there. In a normal world, claiming someone self targeted is a claim that leans towards that person being town not scum.
But Clue isn't me. So I have no idea why he didn't vote CENA.

Grandicap posted:

Wait, how did you get from there to here, then end with a Clue vote, when CENA is voting me not Clue?

Even if CENA is being 100% truthful here, a self target tends hard towards clue being town. Even if Clue is lying about not targeting himself.
So I go back to CENA.
If CENA is being truthful, what does a town CENA gain here? He outs a powerrole, and maybe he didn't think ahead to what power roles can self target, but what does that info get town? Nothing. There is no pro-town benefit.
If CENA is being truthful, what does a scum CENA gain here? It is only a little gained here as a scum CENA, but proving a role has been something that has held off executions, even if the role is not indicative of alignment. A claimed watcher is less likely to be executed than an unclaimed player. Just "putting the info out there" also feels like a thing scum could try and do for cred. And by making the info public there is less suspicion when an outed powerrole dies tonight.
If they are both being truthful, it is irrelevant. Again, look at motivations here. An action being redirected or changed doesn't change the motivations for CENA to out someone who self targeted.
If CENA is lying... why? This one boggles my mind the most. There is no town or scum motivation I can think of for CENA to lie here.
If Clue is lying, I get it. As a role that self targets, there is little to gain from claiming it here. A self targeting role is non-investigative. Why investigate yourself? It is likely protective, and claiming a protective role is rather silly. Although I guess now cat's out of the bag.

Grandicap posted:

##unvote

I need to think, I don't feel like a scum would try that gambit. I will reread Toalp in a bit to see if I see what is seen.

I guess the real question is like, is finding out the JC is claiming vanilla in a gambit really enough just to end this level of suspicion. I'm not sure. But I don't think I want to kill grandicap today for it.

I will say that learning that the conflicting claim being a gambit, and seeing Clue's response has tempered my bloodlust.

I honestly can't tell if Voodoofly is being honest, given what I feel are a set of exaggerated cases.

I think my strongest case here is now against keane, but I will still vote RWC for voting someone who is voting their town read i guess and being generally new-useless sounding which is easy to lean on.

##vote cckleane

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I will also add that stump softclaiming, isn't really a super good solution because the obvious thing to do as town is to case and project your good intentions so that you're killed/give information by taking stances.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Keane's only case has been a omgus against me which is pretty weird.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalp I read your posts I’ll agree to disagree but thanks for also trying to attack my ability to comprehend on a general level.

I’m good with my vote still.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

What is "stump softclaiming"?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

a stump is a town player who can't vote. soft claiming is not outright saying 'im this' but implying it, leaving hints, etc.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

This feels bussy (not boy pussy)

More like lazy.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

a stump is a town player who can't vote. soft claiming is not outright saying 'im this' but implying it, leaving hints, etc.

Thanks. So Keane can't vote, and he dropped a bakery?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Grandicap (2): JOHN CENA, spacing in vienna
Toalpaz (2): Voodoofly, Grandicap
CCKeane (1): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Toalpaz
JOHN CENA (1): Sandwolf, Grandicap, Sandwolf, Grandicap, Rhymes With Clue
Rhymes With Clue (1): Toalpaz, Sandwolf, Toalpaz

Not Voting (1): CCKeane

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 16th, 2021 at 4:58 p.m. EST -- that's in about 55 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

A few years ago I played in a game where I had lost my vote, but couldn't mention it directly, so I started talking about how other people seemed like they were being "forced to vote" a certain way.

I mention this for no reason.

I have a power role.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Thanks. So Keane can't vote, and he dropped a bakery?

i mean or he's actually just claiming to be a normal player power role with no votes or cases to his name.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

As an aside I am happy in a plurality lunch we are 2 unvotes away from a 5 player multi-lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Stumps usually don't count toward player count, I'm clearly listed.

But enough about me.