Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I cant wait to see King Arthur defeating Morgana by sexy dancing in front of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost
I wonder if Tarsem Singh would make a good JoJo movie

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
when Dune inevitably fails at the Box Office Tarsem should make a Dune movie

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Tarsem will be busy, Takashi Miike can handle it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost
Maybe Baz Lurman?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

aware of dog posted:

This happened recently when Cyberpunk 2077 came out and people attacked a reviewer for criticizing the game for having an unskippable sequence of lights on screen based on a device that’s designed to induce seizures in epileptic people. And the review overall was still generally positive!

In other ZS, but not Justice League content,
https://twitter.com/cbr/status/1361428400154492929?s=21
Oh boy, finally we’ll see King Arthur on the big screen

Where's my loving Green Knight

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

July 31st as of the last rescheduling, probably later in reality

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

aware of dog posted:

In other ZS, but not Justice League content,
https://twitter.com/cbr/status/1361428400154492929?s=21
Oh boy, finally we’ll see King Arthur on the big screen
What bad fortune that he again has to
code:
touch a fanboy holy bible
the poor thing

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Zack Snyder's Lord of the Rings

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

so is the snyder arthur just going to be unabashed praise of imperialism and colonization?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Antoine Fuqua: "This is the real deal story of King Arthur"

Also Antoine Fuqua: "Picts? that sounds dumb let's call them Woads"

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Broadening the topic, the fascist stance on all Hollywood studios is that they’re fundamentally good, & simply not doing enough to crush the undesirables.

Literally all media is open to fascist appropriation - either in the basic way that they’ll take the empowerment fantasy of The Matrix and discard the nonwhite and trans characters, or in the way that they’ll hold up a given film as “degenerate art”. In that specific latter sense, the biggest fascist movie of the last decade was easily Star Wars Episode 8 The Last Jedi. Ineffectual space libs getting absolutely trounced by the insidious space soviets before the film even begins? Of course that’s catnip for fascists, who can now free-associate about how literally everything is betraying ‘us’ to the commies.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

July 31st as of the last rescheduling, probably later in reality

What are they waiting for with this movie? Even in ideal times it's not like people are going to be busting down the theater door to see this.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gatts posted:

I wonder if Tarsem Singh would make a good JoJo movie
The obvious choice was Schumacher with Guillermo del Toro for Battle Tendency.

Phantom Blood? Nick Cage ever directed anything???

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

The Saddest Rhino posted:

so is the snyder arthur just going to be unabashed praise of imperialism and colonization?

Would be weird for him to turn around on his stances after criticizing those things in 300 and Man of Steel. Or are you for some reason reading the baby skull mountain dudes in 300 as unambiguous good guys? And maybe ignoring the frankly too-on-the-nose metaphor of the World Engine in MoS belching out smoke in the third world to turn Earth into Klimate Kollapse Krypton?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Shanty posted:

Would be weird for him to turn around on his stances after criticizing those things in 300 and Man of Steel. Or are you for some reason reading the baby skull mountain dudes in 300 as unambiguous good guys? And maybe ignoring the frankly too-on-the-nose metaphor of the World Engine in MoS belching out smoke in the third world to turn Earth into Klimate Kollapse Krypton?

I have no idea what you are talking about, those are some of the themes in the original Arthur mythology lol

E: lmao this Snyder defence post is your only contribution to this thread

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 16, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dont say anything else it'll summon the swarm

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
This Sia story gets more and more bonkers

Sia also rose eyebrows for working with Autism Speaks, which has endorsed the movie. The organisation, which preaches inclusion and acceptance, has been accused by many autistic people of doing the exact opposite.

In 2009, it released an ad titled “I Am Autism” that portrayed autism as an invisible killer that ruined marriages, guaranteed financial ruin, and robbed parents of their children and dreams.

The ad compared autism to cancer, diabetes and pediatric AIDS combined.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Lid posted:

Sia also rose eyebrows for working with Autism Speaks

This literally explains everything about the rest of this project.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/autisticats/status/1360338050296012804

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Every time I see that first still I bust out laughing. I want to believe it's just because I'm laughing at how much she missed the mark with this Simple Jack bullshit, but maybe I'm just a small, petty person

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Failed Imagineer posted:

Every time I see that first still I bust out laughing. I want to believe it's just because I'm laughing at how much she missed the mark with this Simple Jack bullshit, but maybe I'm just a small, petty person

Simple Jack came out 13 years ago. It predates the Autism Speaks slander video!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of people really don't internalise that autistic people can and do actually function and have opinions of their own. Autism Speaks being involved explains a lot, there's just so many attitudes of, basically, 'you should be grateful I'm acknowledging you at all'.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sia is living in the loving 2000s when this would clearly have won the Palm D'or and gotten endless play on MTV Europe and all that good poo poo

it's really telling when you have someone play a caricature more broadly than the guy from Cube

hell Rainman

hell Simple Jack

I feel bad for the actress

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
can't wait to learn the sympathetic backstory of the character whose name is literally Cruel Devil https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1361691807516483590/photo/1

the most interesting thing here is that they're actually marketing the May release, which wouldn't make much sense under current circumstances unless it's going to Disney+ in some fashion

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Those drat mutts had it comin to em.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
They should have filmed the actual written sequel to The Hundred And One Dalmations, which features flying telepathic dogs and space aliens. Yes, really.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
All sequels should go to space :colbert:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Barry Convex posted:

can't wait to learn the sympathetic backstory of the character whose name is literally Cruel Devil https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1361691807516483590/photo/1

the most interesting thing here is that they're actually marketing the May release, which wouldn't make much sense under current circumstances unless it's going to Disney+ in some fashion

Can't wait to see Frollo's tragic hidden backstory in the hit new blockbuster Hunch, coming in 2022 delayed to 2023!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Can't wait to see Frollo's tragic hidden backstory in the hit new blockbuster Hunch, coming in 2022 delayed to 2023!
Early preview looks good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DyPn_3bNzg

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
That anarchist A is throwing me for a loop. The film must be about her trying to starve the police’s K-9 unit.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

All sequels should go to space :colbert:

No kidding. When I was a kid I think I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory once, but can't remember how many times I read Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. Of course that book goes not only into space but also hell.

Wait a minute....

If Snowpiercer is a sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then Event Horizon must be the sequel to Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched the live action 101 dalmatians the other day. it's not very good but it's all worth it just to watch glen close ham it up like no one else has hammed it up before. and also watch hugh laurie get slapsticked by animals lol.

But yes, I am very excited to Consume this new Content that Disney™ has provided. Absolutely stoked to watch the tragic backstory of the most cartoonishly evil character ever created. Yes I can't wait to empathize with a woman who literally wants to murder puppers and doggos.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

No kidding. When I was a kid I think I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory once, but can't remember how many times I read Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. Of course that book goes not only into space but also hell.

Wait a minute....

If Snowpiercer is a sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then Event Horizon must be the sequel to Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.

If the Charlie and the.. series takes place in the same universe as Event Horizon then that means it is a prequel to Warhammer 40k.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MH Knights posted:

If the Charlie and the.. series takes place in the same universe as Event Horizon then that means it is a prequel to Warhammer 40k.

CHOC FOR THE CHOC GOD

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It might be interesting if Snyder did make an Arthur film based on the earliest available source, the old Welsh myths where everyone’s a weird freaky superhero. I think he would make that work.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Klowner posted:

I watched the live action 101 dalmatians the other day. it's not very good but it's all worth it just to watch glen close ham it up like no one else has hammed it up before. and also watch hugh laurie get slapsticked by animals lol.

Still loving hilarious they hired John Hughes to write it. One Disney exec, when he heard that decision, said something along the lines of “you’re making a talking dog movie, you don’t need John Hughes.”

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Klowner posted:

But yes, I am very excited to Consume this new Content that Disney™ has provided. Absolutely stoked to watch the tragic backstory of the most cartoonishly evil character ever created. Yes I can't wait to empathize with a woman who literally wants to murder puppers and doggos.

Why is a woman who wants to kill dogs more evil than every other villain who wants to kill humans?

Why is killing dogs to make a coat wrong and killing a cow for that same purpose isn’t?

I never understood the discrepancy.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 16, 2021

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

AceOfFlames posted:

Why is a woman who wants to kill dogs more evil than every other villain who wants to kill humans?

Why is killing dogs to make a coat wrong and killing a cow for that same purpose isn’t?

Puppies are cuter, that’s basically it

I do not endorse this view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

AceOfFlames posted:

That's bait dot gif