Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Whew pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern vs. ohio state (women's) has been cancelled for a positive test/contact tracing.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Izzo cries to the refs a bit and of course the next 8-9 fouls are all against Purdue lmao

Also I'm pretty sure Purdue is never going to make another three ever again.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

Izzo cries to the refs a bit and of course the next 8-9 fouls are all against Purdue lmao

Also I'm pretty sure Purdue is never going to make another three ever again.

2-24 over the last 3 halves, not great. At least they were hitting free throws but that has gone away as well.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
some incredible refereeing going on in athens tonight. mizzou up double digits in the second half, let's see if they collapse like they normally do in these situations

edit: lmao right. on. time. not sure if cuonzo's seat is gonna be safe after they lose out on the rest of the season

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 17, 2021

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Jaden Ivey dunks on a no look feed from Trevion Williams, stuffs a layup from MSU's center on the other end and makes a great transition pass up for an open 3 in back to back to back plays.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

MSU @ IU on ESPN 3? That can't be right.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Another ugly win for Purdue, couldn't hit 3s or free throws, lost the rebounding battle for the first time in a long time, but only committed 7 turnovers and was unstoppable in the paint.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Ayo rules but illinois shouldn't be struggling with northwestern

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ivey is so good.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
MourningView if you want to laugh watch Potter defend Garza on pick and rolls.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Coco13 posted:

MourningView if you want to laugh watch Potter defend Garza on pick and rolls.

It was annoying that they stopped force feeding him when they put in the lovely defensive center instead of the good one, Reuvers was doing a good job on him

if Iowa could quit throwing the ball out of bounds they'd have a big lead here

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't mind losing but don't let it be to loving Davidson gross

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
My child has never seen anything but double digit hawkeye wins and now I'm a little mad at her for missing her due date and costing us OSU and the second Indiana game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rutgers is not in Michigan's class.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mcmagic posted:

They're a tournament team and they will make some team's life a living hell in the tournament. Playing Rutgers is hilariously unpleasant and that's a great trait to have.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

mcmagic posted:

They barely hung in there against Michigan's bench there in the end, which is not good.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

mcmagic posted:

Not many teams are this year, so this isn't a slight against Rutgers.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah feeling like the third best team in college basketball is on another level just means you're a really good team instead of a great team. You're still gonna slide in that 6-8 seed range in the tournament.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 19, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

Yeah feeling like the third best team in college basketball is on another level just means you're a really good team instead of a great time. You're still gonna slide in that 6-8 seed range in the tournament.

excuse me but if you check Ken Pom Dot Com I think you will see that they are only fourth

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UK up 45-30 at the half. Maybe they can not collapse down the stretch today, please?

Jest keep doing more of this
https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1363193160256548872

And this
https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1363197374106132485

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Purdue's game at Nebraska later today is a trap game for the ages, I can already feel it. This is one that Purdue would historically dominate if they had a Carsen or Swanigan, so I think Trevion needs to really take over early in order for this not to be close in the last ten minutes or so.

edit: Jesus, Nebraska's brutal recent schedule though. That's an awful amount of games to go through in such a short period of time. Today's game is their first with more than one day between games since Feb 6.

Poque fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 20, 2021

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

not an inspiring start for mizzou against SCAR. the defense has all but disappeared, not sure why announcers still talk about the tigers in terms of a hard nosed, tough team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

Purdue's game at Nebraska later today is a trap game for the ages, I can already feel it. This is one that Purdue would historically dominate if they had a Carsen or Swanigan, so I think Trevion needs to really take over early in order for this not to be close in the last ten minutes or so.

edit: Jesus, Nebraska's brutal recent schedule though. That's an awful amount of games to go through in such a short period of time. Today's game is their first with more than one day between games since Feb 6.

Nebraska sucks so much more than any other team in the conference you're fine

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

of course as i say that mizzou starts draining threes and takes the lead up to 11

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

Nebraska sucks so much more than any other team in the conference you're fine

Oh they're godawful but it's also Purdue (and Purdueposting :) ) Nebraska's grind lately is definitely in our favor though, especially since our team seems weirdly deep all of a sudden.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Cats win 70-55. Offense was atrocious in second half, but defense was locked in. First win against a tanked team this year. Still won't make the NCAA tournament without winning the SEC.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

gamecocks got mizzou right where they want them: down by double digits in the second half

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Jesus, on Friday Nebraska had their first practice after back to back games at Maryland. The ran three plays to start, someone got hurt on each of them and they just walked through the rest of practice.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

I thought Jaden Ivey was going to finger roll one in on a break, but then he found a 2nd gear mid air and threw it down. Most athletic guy Painter has had at Purdue so far.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Nebraska's the worst 3 point shooting team in the league, so of course they're 9-20 so far tonight.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

COVID legs catch up to the Huskers, Purdue on a 21-2 run right now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am very happy to be wrong!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

I am very happy to be wrong!

Thanks to a big 2nd half from post-COVID Sasha and Aaron Wheeler(?!?!?!)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Michigan-tOSU game is very much worth your time. Absurdly good basketball going on.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
These two teams are really well coached and are playing extremely impressive half court offense and it’s not because they aren’t playing defense too. Liddell is the best player on the court and his game is going to transfer well in to the NBA right away

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

predicto posted:

. Liddell is the best player on the court and his game is going to transfer well in to the NBA right away

Nah but he's a very good college player

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

MourningView posted:

Nah but he's a very good college player

Really? Consistently hitting shots with a hand in your face feels very NBA to me, but perhaps he lacks enough pure athleticism

I’m a terrible judge of talent

Am I correct in thinking both of these teams are really well coached? If so, how good can Michigan be next year, given that they are pulling in the No. 1 recruiting class? Or are they only so coachable because they have so many seniors right now?

predicto fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 21, 2021

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

PotatoJudge posted:

COVID legs catch up to the Huskers, Purdue on a 21-2 run right now.

I don't think COVID needed to assist with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

predicto posted:

Am I correct in thinking both of these teams are really well coached? If so, how good can Michigan be next year, given that they are pulling in the No. 1 recruiting class? Or are they only so coachable because they have so many seniors right now?

It's hard to know. Michigan whiffed on two five-stars that were late-decommits for this year, then scrambled and got the grad transfers Smith/Brown. Normally, grad transfers don't work out when they jump conference difficulty a full level, but both Smith/Brown have been absolute home runs.

Then, Dickenson was forced out there full-time because of an injury to the grad/backup center, earlier than they wanted, then never really left.

People that track the X/O play design progressions and stuff continuously harp on how good of a coach Juwan is. It sure appears that Juwan is such a Good Dude That's Been There that he gets the buy-in needed to execute what he calls, which feeds the virtuous cycle. Then again, Michigan lost the only game Eli Brooks was out for, so their backcourt might be a bit thin without two seniors.

Still, not a bad year for a predicted 5th/6th in the Big Ten.