Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

At some point they just got rid of Mickey's nunchucks in the later American seasons and that's around the time I stopped watching.

I remember TMNT getting "promoted" to network Saturday mornings after being syndication-only and that's when I first noticed the nunchucks being nun-chucked. Maybe a coincidence, but I'm sure CBS standards and practices were also on the Brits' wavelength. They also ditched the theme song for some unfathomable reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Splint Chesthair posted:

I remember TMNT getting "promoted" to network Saturday mornings after being syndication-only and that's when I first noticed the nunchucks being nun-chucked. Maybe a coincidence, but I'm sure CBS standards and practices were also on the Brits' wavelength. They also ditched the theme song for some unfathomable reason.

I didn't know this but I'm 100% that it was cost savings. I never saw the other side so I always assumed they had multiple versions of any scenes involving Mikey fighting from series 4 on, but realistically they probably did it for like one season and then just decided it wasn't worth it financially and reused as much of the same scene as possible which basically meant your version became more like ours. Lowest common denominator costs.

Actually, probably even worse now that I think about it. We at least had a replacement weapon but since you guys said you didn't see the grappling hook they must have just cut most of him fighting so as not to need to animate anything extra? So we switched shows where we went from cut Mikey to grappling hook Mikey and you guys went from nunchuck Mikey to cut Mikey? Absolutely baffling decision there if so. Seems like they should just written in that he now uses the Turtle Line in fights and just done one good version for all markets.

I'm sorry our lovely standards and practices ruined it for you guys as well. :(

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

I relistened to Copycat the other day and what a fantastic episode that is.

You can draw a turtle

Or Keifer Sutherland

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You can draw a turtle

Or Keifer Sutherland

Them going through the police station cop killing in minute detail is wonderful.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You can draw a turtle

Or Keifer Sutherland

"whoops nope this is Donald Sutherland...into the reject pile it goes..."

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
It took until them actually releasing the episode for me to realize that Mr Nanny is not that Michael Keaton movie.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Hulk Hogan told so many lies before there was google search. One time he said he wrote a song for a kid with cancer and invited him frontrow to a wrasslin' show, and when he came out in the main event and didn't see the kid he knew he had passed away. The show he's talking about was in the UK and he wasn't even in the country, let alone on the fight card.

He said Elvis was his biggest fan and he'd give free tickets to him whenever they were in Memphis, but the first show in Memphis that had Hogan in it was years after Elvis died.

He would intentionally sabotage the fights that took place before/after his to not shift the spotlight away.

Tons of "okay Hulk, and then you lose this one at the end to give that younger star a push" plans that he just refuses to do the night of and makes things awkward for everyone.

He said he was contacted for The Wrestler but turned it down (he wasn't). He said he was asked to be a bassist (I think) in the Rolling Stones but turned it down.

He once opened a beach restaurant that had a dress code that was racist. The dress code was like, "no white t shirts, no baggy clothes, no bandanas (in a Hulk Hogan restaurant), no camoflauge without a military ID, no workboots" etc.

:Hoganfacts:

Also the racist thing he said in that tape was something like (paraphrasing), "If my daughter wants to marry a ___, at least be an 8 foot tall ____ who plays sports", iirc. Hard R.

(please enjoy the episode, but the Hulkster is a bitch)

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 16, 2021

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Here is a classic match that involves hogan politics. Hogan said that he would loose to hbk if he could win. Then changed it to one match where he would win. Hbk used to be a notorious rear end in a top hat politician and he decided I will over sell. Enjoy. The band was Metallica

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okb943a-ydg

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 16, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Firstborn posted:

Hulk Hogan told so many lies before there was google search. One time he said he wrote a song for a kid with cancer and invited him frontrow to a wrasslin' show, and when he came out in the main event and didn't see the kid he knew he had passed away. The show he's talking about was in the UK and he wasn't even in the country, let alone on the fight card.

He said Elvis was his biggest fan and he'd give free tickets to him whenever they were in Memphis, but the first show in Memphis that had Hogan in it was years after Elvis died.

He would intentionally sabotage the fights that took place before/after his to not shift the spotlight away.

Tons of "okay Hulk, and then you lose this one at the end to give that younger star a push" plans that he just refuses to do the night of and makes things awkward for everyone.

He said he was contacted for The Wrestler but turned it down (he wasn't). He said he was asked to be a bassist (I think) in the Rolling Stones but turned it down.

He once opened a beach restaurant that had a dress code that was racist. The dress code was like, "no white t shirts, no baggy clothes, no bandanas (in a Hulk Hogan restaurant), no camoflauge without a military ID, no workboots" etc.

:Hoganfacts:

Also the racist thing he said in that tape was something like (paraphrasing), "If my daughter wants to marry a ___, at least be an 8 foot tall ____ who plays sports", iirc. Hard R.

(please enjoy the episode, but the Hulkster is a bitch)

Also the ever-evolving lies about his Wrestlemania III match with Andre the Giant which would embellish the following:

1. Andre's weight. Andre at the time weighed around 450lbs and was booked at 520 lbs. According to Hogan it was more like Andre really weighed 600, and then started increasing the weight to 650 and more, even going so far as to claim Andre weighed half-a-ton
2. The finish of the match. Hogan claims the bodyslam spot was decided in the ring and he wasn't even sure if Andre was going to even put him over. Except that A) this spot had been done years before at Shea Stadium when nobody was watching, and B) Andre had no problem putting Hogan over because Andre was a professional.
3. The effects of the bodyslam itself. Initially Hogan claimed that the slam caused him to tear his latimus dorsi. Then he claimed it caused him to tear every muscle in his back. This later grew, into a tale of not just tearing his back, but both his biceps, his quadriceps and his lats, and not missing any shows. :psyduck:
4. The effects of the bodyslam on the ring. Hogan at one point claimed the force of the bodyslam broke the ring in half (which it obviously did not as the finish of the match was Hogan hitting his running leg drop after the slam, something that would have been very hard to do with the ring having completely fallen apart)
5. The state of Andre's health. In 1987 Andre wasn't doing too great due to his acromelagy slowly killing him. In fact he even had a brace on underneath his singlet because he recently had back surgery. But he certainly didn't die a few days later after the WMIII match as Hogan claimed on an episode of MTV Cribs. In fact, Andre was still around the WWF for a few more years, he and Hogan even worked a match at Wrestlemania IV, and would've worked a match as late as wrestlemania VI had health problems not prevented it. Andre eventually passed away in 1993. Not a "few days later" as Hogan claimed with absolutely no reason to lie so utterly brazenly because video evidence already exists.

What a weird, insecure individiual.

Oh also (to bring this back to movies) he claims he once outdrank John Belushi after Wrestlemania II. In 1986. 4 Years after John Belushi died in 1982.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 16, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bobkatt013 posted:

Here is a classic match that involves hogan politics. Hogan said that he would loose to hbk if he could win. Then changed it to one match where he would win. Hbk used to be a notorious rear end in a top hat politician and he decided I will over sell. Enjoy. The band was Metallica

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okb943a-ydg

I am very confused by this post.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

thrawn527 posted:

I am very confused by this post.

Hbk and hogan are both assholes. Hogan was able to out politic HBK, so HBK decided to make their match a cartoon. The band hogan said he was going to be the bassist for is Metallica

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Crying reading that post about Hulk bodyslamming a 1,000 lb. Andre to death and destroying the arena in a mushroom cloud that tears every muscle in his body

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Firstborn posted:

I knew about that, but didn't know about Mikey with a grappling hook. That's great. I sometimes wonder how scared you guys were of ninjas and smile about simpler times.

it's even cuter when you realize they called them "chain sticks"

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

The band hogan said he was going to be the bassist for is Metallica

Now I wish this had actually happened. I listened to a lot of Metallica in highschool and I'd like to see the look on 16-year-old me's face when I heard that Hulk Hogan was replacing Jason Newstead. Just trying to process that might have broken my brain. I assume he'd play in his Hogan gear?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Jesse Ventura tried to unionize the WWF in the 80's but Hogan ratted him out to Vince McMahon proving that, tragically, Hulk Hogan is a real American.

I'm glad the guys were also taken with David Johanson's bizarre commitment to the role in Mr. Nanny. That's the only part of the movie that sticks with me, besides the dog thing.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Finally watched Hard Target and listened to the episode, man I was not expecting how insane that movie would be. Jean Claude Van Damme literally punches a snake in the face at one point.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Firstborn posted:

Tons of "okay Hulk, and then you lose this one at the end to give that younger star a push" plans that he just refuses to do the night of and makes things awkward for everyone

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/125437560418865152

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I loving hate myself for being able to parse that sentence.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1362088606655995906?s=21

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Ahh The Pest. John L. with vampire teeth farting in a fake shower and using a novelty .99 toy warehouse scrub brush while a Legally Distinct We Promise instrumental of ... Rapper's Delight? Another One Bites The Dust? I can hear both in my head.

Jeffrey Jones plays himself.

I wonder if they will reference how much they miss Hard Target. Or Ice T telling Gary Busey about cumming in his pants.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 17, 2021

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Not gonna lie, I remember laughing at The Pest when I was a little kid and it was on TV but as an adult I always knew it was something dreadful that I should never revisit.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Elderbean posted:

I always knew it was something dreadful that I should never revisit.

Much like John Leguizamo

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1362201203032150017?s=20

god I can't wait

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

BiggerBoat posted:

Much like John Leguizamo

Nah he’s good in stuff. Just the pest was an exception.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Firstborn posted:

Ahh The Pest. John L. with vampire teeth farting in a fake shower and using a novelty .99 toy warehouse scrub brush while a Legally Distinct We Promise instrumental of ... Rapper's Delight? Another One Bites The Dust? I can hear both in my head.

Jeffrey Jones plays himself.

I wonder if they will reference how much they miss Hard Target. Or Ice T telling Gary Busey about cumming in his pants.

He also does a Breakfast At Tiffany's in that shower scene right?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

Nah he’s good in stuff. Just the pest was an exception.

I maintain he's the best thing about Romeo + Juliet. He's fantastic as Tybalt. And he's gotten a lot better with age. But The Pest is an abomination.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I like that he got weird for Spawn and Moulin Rogue... I appreciate the performances in a shamanistic nic cage way. I haven't seen Land of the Dead since the came out but he wasn't terrible in that, either. Umm... he was okay in his little bit role in John Wick?
I remember two "stand up specials" where he told stories which was pretty good (at least at the time, have not revisited).

... For some reason I thought he was in Earth Girls Are Easy but he was probably like 9 yo. Why didn't I call that in?!

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 18, 2021

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I legit like Leguizamo. He has some good stuff. I watched the pest a lot when I was young. I remember liking it but kids are dumb.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Much like Giancarlo Esposito before him, John Leguizamo was great on Miami Vice.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Invalid Validation posted:

I legit like Leguizamo. He has some good stuff. I watched the pest a lot when I was young. I remember liking it but kids are dumb.

Only thing I remembered liking that he was in was Summer of Sam. I'd forgotten about Moulin Rouge, have only seen it once and don't remember him in it. I do remember trying to watch some of his stand up and just hating it though.

First thing I saw him in was Spawn that may have colored my perception.

drat. Looking at IMDB and he's been in a lot of poo poo.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I like John Leguizamo. The Pest was trying to cast him as a Jim Carrey-esque living cartoon character and even most of Jim Carrey's stuff hasn't aged well. Also, it's not really John Leguizamo's poo poo.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I mean no less than half of the runtime of The Pest is Leguizamo checking off a list of stereotypes that you could only find funny in 2021 from behind a white hood, and the rest is that flavor of nineties humor where being obnoxious and abrasive was "the joke" and we got big ol yucks out of everyone around them overreacting - it's like if Dumb and Dumber had no sincerity or heart or jokes and also kept shouting racial slurs

To swing it back around, one of my favorite things Leguizamo has done recently is seal the fate of Michael Nyqvist's son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuwaljf6-6A

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
If anyone's still interested in Leguizamo chat, he does a career retrospective here.

There's some honesty in there, but I feel like he's holding back when talking about Super Mario or The Pest.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea you don’t realize it because he’s not usually a leading role but he’s been in a LOT of stuff.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
He has to be on several episodes right? Only things off the top of my head are SMB and The Happening.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

He's also incredible in When They See Us.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Billy Gnosis posted:

He has to be on several episodes right? Only things off the top of my head are SMB and The Happening.

If you count The Mandalorian Half Hour, he voiced a character in the first episode of season two. But that probably shouldn’t count for what we’re talking about here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

dorium posted:

He's also incredible in When They See Us.

I liked him in the Waco miniseries from a couple years back. It's got a lot of issues, but Leguizamo is charming.