Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I wish ICR wasn't so relentlessly nice. It makes it very hard to really commit to the mockery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Hi ICR, it's me. One of the fellow brainworms. I hate money and critical thinking, so I'm hella stoked to see you in the beta.

Dumb alone. Dumber together!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sputnik posted:

Hi ICR, it's me. One of the fellow brainworms. I hate money and critical thinking, so I'm hella stoked to see you in the beta.

Dumb alone. Dumber together!

Dumber Together! I am so happy to play with you again.

Yeah, this beta is going to explain everything we need to know. If it sucks, then suspicions confirmed. If it has bug city, suspicions confirmed. Etc.

I hope it’s good! I just really want a super fun multiplayer game to chase down those old feelings of goons playing fun stuff together! There’s a number of games this works for...just give me a fresh one!

And I hear you all—I am the harbinger of death with this poo poo. I own it :(

But I would like for one of these games, FOR ONCE, to just be good. Just be good. Please just be good!

I like People Can Fly and I hope they know what they’re doing in 2021.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can anyone tell me if there will be powers and whether or not they will be on tap?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Can anyone tell me if there will be powers and whether or not they will be on tap?

what the gently caress is happening in your avatar?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Moola posted:

If I had to guess? Catgirl being born.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Moola posted:

Check my posts in the cursed thread.

It was the worst thing I found all week and someone made it my avatar.

It's a dude turning his cat inside out from the rear end in a top hat and birthing a cat girl baby and then kissing it.

Looking at it makes me want to die.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Inzombiac posted:

Check my posts in the cursed thread.

It was the worst thing I found all week and someone made it my avatar.

It's a dude turning his cat inside out from the rear end in a top hat and birthing a cat girl baby and then kissing it.

Looking at it makes me want to die.

I've seen the rest of this dude's comics.

They're all equally horrifying/intriguing/horny.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I hope this game is at least more pleasing than that avatar.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

kung fu jive posted:

I hope this game is at least more pleasing than that avatar.

:ssh: It won't be. :ssh:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where does this fall in the line of Anthem -> Division 2

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Asema posted:

Where does this fall in the line of Anthem -> Division 2

I got this one my friends in arms. I got this.

I would currently, going with what we know:

Destiny 2>>Division 2>>>>>>Avengers/Outriders>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anthem

Right now, I think Outriders compares heavily to Avengers. The demo will shine more light on where things really are.

Of course, I hope this game is good. And while there’s some pros, I’m very weary of a lot of cons. And it’s scary.

February 25th will probably tell us everything we need to know. The devs themselves are riding heavy on this demo being promising to the players. I haven’t seen much in confidence from devs when they talk about it though.

Long story short, for what we know currently and based on video and similarities, this is closer to Marvel’s Avengers.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Why do we keep allowing ICR to make threads?!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

omg chael crash posted:

Because the world needs hope.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
People who have spent literal years obsessing over failed games scolding ICR for not valuing his time is some real :irony:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I love everything that ICR does for us

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

omg chael crash posted:

hey hey hey now, ICR is just... overly optimistic sometimes

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Content related to Outriders coming riiiight after this:

Just real quick, I love you all. Seriously! Even the handful of you who really loving hate how I champion some of these types of games and don’t like me for it (I have a thing for loot games of any genre just FYI), it’s all good.

Lots of friendships here. And even the ribs I get from y’all, they’re ok! I completely get it and let’s face it, it’s just part of living. I can take the jokes and I can take the heat too if it’s like that. No worries on my end!

Before I digress because this ain’t about me, it’s about the game (and maybe making some new friends and goon pals along the way for ALL of us?), so let’s do the drat thing.

Content in Prep for Demo

Few bullet points I’m going to highlight from some leisure reading, video watching and catching up on the People Can Fly’s Outriders discord:

1) The endgame content is basically Strikes from Destiny. You can max out at lvl 30 but enemies in the final world tier go up to 50+. Lootsplosion for reaching the end and it’s very Diablo Baal run-esque, The Division Amherst Apartment runs and etc for those who ran Challenging diff in that repeatedly, endlessly running strikes in Destiny 2 as if they were your endgame content.

A) It’s basically kill all the enemies in the map and get to the end from what we know. You heal on kills and if you die, it’s a wrap unless you get revived.

B) For the demo’s sake, your progress WILL transfer to final game. They do have a level cap for the 25th, and not all loot will be unlocked, obviously.

C) High world tiers (14-15) will not be soloable unless you got the best of the best gear, according to the devs. My reply: PCF, have you seen my friends who have the uncanny ability to never log off and farm the best gear in a couple days?!?

2) Story + Side Quests has been quoted at about 40 hours to fully complete. I usually chop this in half with gaming today and I’ll say, expect 20 hours before it’s expedition time.

3) PCF (People Can Fly) have let people demo the game early dating back to last year and told them to put out and say whatever they want about the game, which I do find interesting at least. The piece I have seen them gush about the most since I started following last year is LOOT. They feel strongly about the loot variety and excitement around it. I’ll just comment, aesthetically, I do really like it.

4) Lastly, for now, we haven’t heard about a preload. Or what platforms this will be on. Speculation from posts I’ve seen say it’ll pop up on all platforms and go from there. You do gotta have a Square Enix account. We don’t know how long the demo will go for.

Oh, here’s some gear stuff:

http://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1355214124024651777

http://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1355199032415682567

http://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1354836643220496390

http://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1354474248648052738

http://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1354474248648052738

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I was just teasing you!!

Your garbage, awful, blind enthusiasm is infectious!

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Someday ICR will lead us to the promised game. Someday.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

People who have spent literal years obsessing over failed games scolding ICR for not valuing his time is some real :irony:

Shut the gently caress up Sleeveless

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

I was just teasing you!!

Your garbage, awful, blind enthusiasm is infectious!

Oh I know friend! Everything is allll good!

Even better, I am dying that they’re pushing the Stadia release. What a selling point!!!!

http://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1361729864236212229

https://twitter.com/googlestadia/status/1361729682119385088?s=21

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I know a couple people with Stadia and have tried it out on a decent internet connection, and the technology really is kinda there for more casual players if you have decent internet.

If Stadia worked like Netflix or GamePass where you subscribe to a catalogue I think it'd be doing a lot better, it's a huge lovely joke because of their atrocious business decisions.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ICR posted:

Oh I know friend! Everything is allll good!

Even better, I am dying that they’re pushing the Stadia release. What a selling point!!!!

http://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1361729864236212229

https://twitter.com/googlestadia/status/1361729682119385088?s=21

no OUYA release, no sale

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

ICR posted:

I got this one my friends in arms. I got this.

I would currently, going with what we know:

Destiny 2>>Division 2>>>>>>Avengers/Outriders>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anthem

Right now, I think Outriders compares heavily to Avengers. The demo will shine more light on where things really are.

Of course, I hope this game is good. And while there’s some pros, I’m very weary of a lot of cons. And it’s scary.

February 25th will probably tell us everything we need to know. The devs themselves are riding heavy on this demo being promising to the players. I haven’t seen much in confidence from devs when they talk about it though.

Long story short, for what we know currently and based on video and similarities, this is closer to Marvel’s Avengers.

Except Anthem is better than Avengers. Not that Anthem is good, just that Avengers is that bad. So probably a safe bet that Outriders will be on the Avengers tier.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I'll at least give the demo a poke, but I have zero faith this is going to be good.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

no OUYA release, no sale

i can't wait to play this on my PS Vita

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fried Sushi posted:

Except Anthem is better than Avengers. Not that Anthem is good, just that Avengers is that bad. So probably a safe bet that Outriders will be on the Avengers tier.

Avengers isnt good but its still better than Anthem, the Bob Dylan of games

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Moola posted:

Shut the gently caress up Sleeveless

540 posts in the Anthem thread, huh.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

540 posts in the Anthem thread, huh.

How many posts have you made defending pedophiles?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yo, some shizz about the demo dropped today. Here’s the shizz

:ducksiren: DEMO DETAILS ARE HERE. THIS DEMO IS FREE. PLAY IT SO WE CAN TALK ABOOT IT :ducksiren: February 25th.

quote:

Hey everyone,

With just one week from the launch of the demo, we wanted to share more details about it with you as promised.

Without further ado, here we go:

This will be a Demo, NOT a Beta.

It is entirely free. No purchase or pre-order required.

The demo is available in Germany on PlayStation, Xbox and PC (Steam). To download the demo for free on PlayStation you need a PS+ subscription.

If you do not have PS+ in Germany, the demo is also available but you will have to undergo the usual age verification process.

The Demo will release at these SINGLE GLOBAL RELEASE times: (see pic above)

The demo will be available on the following Platforms:
PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Steam & streaming with NVIDIA GeForce NOW)

The download size for the demo will be:
PC: Minimum 24GB (possibly more after decompression)

Consoles: Minimum 22GB (possibly more after decompression)

Pre-loading is not currently planned to be available.

Crossplay will be available in the demo, but it will be in beta form and will need to be manually enabled via your settings.

There is no time limit, either for playing or for accessing it prior to launch. The demo is also planned to remain live beyond launch.

The demo includes the game’s prologue & opening chapter. This means that gear & enemies that you come across will be the early game variants. The further you get in the full Outriders story, the more twisted, exotic and powerful both gear & enemies will become

The demo runs up until the showdown with Gauss, the first rival Altered who may be even more dangerous than you.

Some side missions unlock after defeating Gauss so you will be able to go back and explore the world.

The demo includes all 4 classes and 6 character slots.

This means you can try out every class without needing to delete any characters.

Your Character levels are capped to Level 7

This will allow you to earn your classes 4th ability and be able to to mix and match your active skills in the demo.

This will also allow you to earn 2 skill points that you can apply to your skill tree.

You can progress up to World Tier 5.

World Tiers are our dynamic difficulty system. At level 5, your chance for higher rarity gear is increased, but the drop chance for Legendary Gear is still extremely low.

Resources will be capped at a certain (generous) amount in order to safeguard balancing for when you go into the main game.

Resources are mainly used within our extensive crafting system but can also be traded for better gear from the armorers in the game. The crafting system unlocks in the full game once you’re at a point beyond the demo content, but you can save your resources for use with that system.

You will be able to transfer your progress if you play the main game on the same platform account (Platforms are PlayStation / Xbox / Steam).

Progress will not transfer between the Demo on Steam and the Full Game on the Epic Store.

The demo will not include any trophies or achievements, but your in-game accolades will transfer along with your regular progress.

You are free to stream any part of the the Demo. No restrictions.

Please note that there is a trailer that plays at the end of the demo. As this trailer contains licensed music, we would recommend caution when streaming this section.

Any more questions? Let us know!

Adding an edit: The demo is live from February 25th even past April 1st for launch. Once the demo goes live next week, it’s live for good. So if you are in Texas (I’m thinking of you all and sending good vibes and trying to help a friend I have there who needs it), and the 25th or even the following week sucks for you, you can play this thing in March.

Second edit: I’m gonna dog on this game until demo because there’s so many red flags. But I’ll say something positive because I like to be happy: It’s refreshing to see the devs really proud of their work and doing something different to release this demo and leave it up for good. Not trying to hide any problems or flaws. They feel good about this. I’m starting to get a bit more JAZZED UP on this demo next week.

ICR fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 18, 2021

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If nothing else, the conditions of the Demo seem like it'll let everybody give it a fair shake, so good for them in being confident in their product.

I'll most likely give it a shot, because why not?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

ICR posted:

A bunch of words

Glad crossplay is going to be on for the demo so i can duo with my son, the prototypical toxic 9yo console player.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Can someone post something, anything of this game that doesn't make my eyes slide off the screen as soon as I try to look at it?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

marshmallow creep posted:

Can someone post something, anything of this game that doesn't make my eyes slide off the screen as soon as I try to look at it?

That seems unlikely until the 25th at the earliest when people start being able to record their own stuff. We're not miracle workers, you know. :v:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

unfortunately not. it's probably the ugliest looking upcoming game.

the color palette is "mud" and none of the character/enemy models are distinct at all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Outriders: Posts Here are a Trap!

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I said to myself, “This game looks neat. Not GaaS, from a studio I like, and it has an ending. Sounds neat. “

Then I saw dear friend ICR felt the same.

Now I wonder: I have followed them into battle in Marvel Heroes, in Anthem, in Avengers. Do I get hurt again?

You drat right (probably) because I have more money than sense lately but we will see how I feel after the demo. I mean I bought Destiny 1 after the demo going “well surely this is just a demo of the Moon” when it totally wasn’t.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tensokuu posted:

I said to myself, “This game looks neat. Not GaaS, from a studio I like, and it has an ending. Sounds neat. “

Then I saw dear friend ICR felt the same.

Now I wonder: I have followed them into battle in Marvel Heroes, in Anthem, in Avengers. Do I get hurt again?

You drat right (probably) because I have more money than sense lately but we will see how I feel after the demo. I mean I bought Destiny 1 after the demo going “well surely this is just a demo of the Moon” when it totally wasn’t.

Brother from a different mother!

I am thrilled for the demo though. I really want to see the world open up from the browns and grays.

Gonna explore!!

Fuzz posted:

Outriders: Posts Here are a Trap!

Can’t deny it. I won’t do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

ICR has shilled so it’s a 100% preorder from me and a post. Can’t wait for the game to be dead in 3 months while I’m still solo playing like division 2 lmao. The things ICR does to me.