Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

The official line on the battery thing is that they were throttling the performance of older phones so as not to degrade the battery or cause the phone to become unstable and shut down, because iOS updates and apps keep getting more demanding but the phone's hardware isn't up to the task.

Even if you take their explanation at face value its pretty clearly planned obsolescence. They pile more and more crap in forced updates nobody wants until you need a new device with a more powerful processor.

I have a 6 year old ipad which is now pretty much unusable despite being in perfect physical shape. Websites take 30 seconds to load, the browsers always crashing and pdfs won't open. Not buying an apple product again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Space Gopher posted:

7/10.

You’ve got passion, and that’s nice improv work making up the technical details, but don’t be afraid to go back to the classics. You’ll get a better response if you drop a throwback “hipster scum” or “Crapple” reference in there, as long as you don’t overdo it

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pharmaskittle posted:

Anyway, none of this is strictly limited to Apple, they're just the biggest name that people want to talk about. I'm sure Samsung doesn't love it when you repair your own phone either, they just calculated that it wasn't worth it to do much to prevent it.

Yeah plenty of companies try to lock consumers into similar cycles, check out what John Deere does to farmers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pekinduck posted:

Even if you take their explanation at face value its pretty clearly planned obsolescence.

I still don’t really get why this is always thrown around about iPhones, while if you get a years worth of updates out of a non-Google Android it’s a miracle. I think I had my 6 for about four years before I bought a new phone, that doesn’t seem a bad run.

I’m still curious about what hoops OP had to go through to get his decade old Mac to update the OS because it’s generally not a difficult thing. I have a laptop of around that age I’ve always kept up to date, and as said I helped my friend get his one of a similar vintage that hadn’t been updated in years to the same point. Neither is particularly difficult, but naturally a super old OS version has a slightly harder path. Internet Restore, which I think probably came out a little later than your machine but not by much, is just an amazing tool for restoring devices.

I’m pissed with Apple for my own reasons, but having a super old machine that still works plenty fine seems to be a bit of an odd thing to be so grumbly about. I’ve got Windows machines in work that are about 4 years old and struggle running a single application at a time because they genuinely are built to be replaced after a year or two.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Do people actually trade in their phones on a yearly basis? I think the average in my circle of friends/family is 2-3 years. I've definitely put off buying new ones a few times because I'm too lazy to change all of the billion custom settings on a new phone. Doing it every few months seems exhausting. (I use Android -- no idea how easy it is to switch iPhones.)

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pekinduck posted:

Even if you take their explanation at face value its pretty clearly planned obsolescence. They pile more and more crap in forced updates nobody wants until you need a new device with a more powerful processor.

I have a 6 year old ipad which is now pretty much unusable despite being in perfect physical shape. Websites take 30 seconds to load, the browsers always crashing and pdfs won't open. Not buying an apple product again.

All the iPads released in 2015 and 2016 were initially running some iteration of iOS 9. Those “forced updates” are the only reason you’re able to even try to use many web sites, because web development is a loving garbage fire done by people who only use the latest version of Google Chrome. I had a meeting today with engineers drooling over the possibility of dropping iOS 10 support, and a meeting yesterday about getting resources to properly support older browsers.

Seriously - the majority of web engineers give less of a poo poo about you using your six year old iPad than Apple does.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

hyperhazard posted:

Do people actually trade in their phones on a yearly basis? I think the average in my circle of friends/family is 2-3 years. I've definitely put off buying new ones a few times because I'm too lazy to change all of the billion custom settings on a new phone. Doing it every few months seems exhausting. (I use Android -- no idea how easy it is to switch iPhones.)

The most common type of customer I saw was definitely getting a new phone every 2 years (that's how long our contracts and payment plans lasted for, and I reckon that's the main factor). But it's really hard to gauge how many people were keeping their phones for 4 or 5 years because if they don't want a new phone how likely are they to end up in front of a phone salesman? They reaaaaaally gently caress you on trade-in value, a lot of times if I liked the customer and there wasn't some boosted trade-in promo I'd tell them they should just keep it as a backup, sell it to a friend, load up with games and give it to their kid, etc.

To answer your question though, yes, there are absolutely people who always get the newest thing because they have a lot of money, or they're Apple heads, or whatever other reason it's worth it to them. One thing that sucked was when people were, for whatever reason, authorized to make charges and sign deals on accounts that were ultimately paid for by a friend or family member. Lot of adult children taking advantage of their parents.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pharmaskittle posted:

I usually like hearing about the inside details of how stuff like this works, so I'll do a quick Apple post.

One example of how Apple makes it more difficult to repair your own devices is the touchID, the fingerprint reader home button on all the phones up to I wanna say the 8. Let's say you've got a broken screen. You can buy a third party iphone screen no problem. BUT your home button is paired to your specific phone, so if it's also broken and needs to be replaced, you no longer have a working home button/fingerprint reader. You can put one on there for aesthetics and to keep dust out of the phone, but the only way to have it even function as a button is an inconvenient but admittedly pretty clever third party button that draws off the phone battery and works via Bluetooth connection with the phone. Very cool but not very practical. Anyway to be clear this voids any warranty or applecare your phone may have had, but that's not too onerous imo.

Here's the hoops you have to jump through. So the only way to get your home button/sensor working properly is to take your phone to an apple store or an apple authorized repair shop like the one I worked in. I take your phone to my bench, pull up a special Apple website, and punch in your phone's serial number. Then I pull a matching OEM Apple phone screen, with already attached home button and punch in the serial number for it. Once the repair is done, you still don't have a working home button until I hook the phone up to my computer with a special cable, Apple's servers see that the phone and screen serial numbers are the same ones I punched in earlier, and tells the phone to go ahead and pair with the button. gently caress, we're finally done!

So if you read all that bullshit, you can see that no amount of effort, money, or expertise would allow a normal person to restore their phone's full functionality without going through Apple or someone who went through and paid for Apple's certification process. Allegedly, this is to keep your phone super ultra secure so nobody can do any tricks to unlock your phone, but it's real convenient that it ensures there's no way to get around giving Apple money.

edit: oh also I have to send your old screen back to Apple within a few weeks or they will charge me the full price for it which depending on the model could be like $500. They NEVER want any OEM part or device unaccounted for. I haven't done this work in more than a year now, so to be fair any of this could be outdated, but I strongly doubt it

Paying for an out of warranty third party repair which you would only do if you didn’t have a warranty voids your warranty wow that’s real weird

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Paying for an out of warranty third party repair which you would only do if you didn’t have a warranty voids your warranty wow that’s real weird

I did have a very small number of people come in to do an AppleCare or warranty claim, then when I get in the phone I see it's got a third party screen or something else that tells me it's been repaired before. I always felt so bad telling these people they voided their coverage by taking it to the mall or whatever instead of me.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

If you get a new iPhone and have it turned on near your old iPhone, your old one will pop up a message saying hey do you want to set up your new phone? You hit yes, and then like 15 minutes later your old one is cloned to your new one, settings and media storage and all. Source: I bought an iPhone 12 a month or so ago (my old phone was like 4-5 years old though I'm not one of Those People).

They have turned painless upgrading into an art, which makes sense when you want people to do it constantly.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
It's honestly not that big a hassle on Android either. Maybe it's because I've specifically only owned Google devices since the G1 but especially the last few phones I've had (various generations of Nexus/Pixel) you pretty much just sign into your
Google account and it asks if you want to download all your apps/contacts. Sure you then have to sign into those apps as you open them and probably setup security stuff, but it's over the last 3 or 4 phones I've owned it's never really taken more than a few minutes from boot up to functioning device. Maybe not as simple as what you described for Apple, but certainly not a difficult process.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

It's honestly not that big a hassle on Android either. Maybe it's because I've specifically only owned Google devices since the G1 but especially the last few phones I've had (various generations of Nexus/Pixel) you pretty much just sign into your
Google account and it asks if you want to download all your apps/contacts. Sure you then have to sign into those apps as you open them and probably setup security stuff, but it's over the last 3 or 4 phones I've owned it's never really taken more than a few minutes from boot up to functioning device. Maybe not as simple as what you described for Apple, but certainly not a difficult process.

yeah idk if they do anymore but for awhile there Samsungs came with a little adapter that let you run a USB cable from your old phone to your new one and zap your stuff over even faster than wifi or wireless transfer. I wipe my S8+ once or twice a year and restoring it is as simple as putting in my google account. it automatically backs up basically everything so it's pretty idiot-proof

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m still curious about what hoops OP had to go through to get his decade old Mac to update the OS because it’s generally not a difficult thing. I have a laptop of around that age I’ve always kept up to date, and as said I helped my friend get his one of a similar vintage that hadn’t been updated in years to the same point. Neither is particularly difficult, but naturally a super old OS version has a slightly harder path. Internet Restore, which I think probably came out a little later than your machine but not by much, is just an amazing tool for restoring devices.

I don’t remember when the 32/64 bit break point was for Apple but if you’re on the wrong side of that I could see it being annoying to reinstall stuff.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Sample size of 1 right now but the professional computer touchers I know like iPhones because poo poo works and we don't have to fix them.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
*You* don't have to fix them because you're not *allowed* to fix them. You still have to wait around for some genius to fix it for you and maybe pay for the privilege.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Pekinduck posted:

Browsers get hungrier and hungrier for resources, while your battery starts to get more and more anemic. That's not counting all of the increasing numbers of ad servers and metrics tracking scripts that get shoved around, or the straight up full fetches and parsing of some random 3MB js library because someone wanted something to go THIS way instead of THAT way. Guess what, fucko, we're auto playing a video for you now, whether you want us to or not, get ready and start parsing!

Think of computer years as sort of like dog years, then compare it to car models. Your (6*7=42) year old 78 chevy malibu is getting beat out by someone's new Honda Civic doesn't necessarily mean that detroit is trying to screw you over. You've also possibly had some things go that shouldn't go, but that's life.

Blue Moonlight posted:

All the iPads released in 2015 and 2016 were initially running some iteration of iOS 9. Those “forced updates” are the only reason you’re able to even try to use many web sites, because web development is a loving garbage fire done by people who only use the latest version of Google Chrome. I had a meeting today with engineers drooling over the possibility of dropping iOS 10 support, and a meeting yesterday about getting resources to properly support older browsers.

Seriously - the majority of web engineers give less of a poo poo about you using your six year old iPad than Apple does.

Web development is a dumpster fire because of all of the different stupid combinations you need to worry about supporting, not because developers are lazy (we are but that's irrelevant to this).

Supporting older versions of iOS means supporting older versions of Safari that haven't been updated in years, which means finding out that whoops, that thing you wrote that's coming along great actually craps out entirely on some ancient browser that's used by 0.2% of your userbase. You can increase the dev time by 30% to try to figure out if maybe there's a way to work around it and use something, or you can live your life and collect your paycheck, because the person with a 6 year old ipad probably isn't going to be a paying customer.

Inspector 34 posted:

I actually just got a Pixel 5 last week. Migrating from a 3 was pretty nice, all of the Google apps worked out of the box because everything is on :yayclod: THE CLOUD :yayclod: so you're already authenticated and started fetching in the background. Many of the third party apps I had installed used the data backup, so I was already set, and many of them used the Smart Lock password management stuff so I didn't even need to sign in.

I also owned a G1, though for a brief time I also owned an iPhone 5. It's pretty delightful how far we've come over the last decade!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Volmarias posted:

Browsers get hungrier and hungrier for resources, while your battery starts to get more and more anemic. That's not counting all of the increasing numbers of ad servers and metrics tracking scripts that get shoved around, or the straight up full fetches and parsing of some random 3MB js library because someone wanted something to go THIS way instead of THAT way. Guess what, fucko, we're auto playing a video for you now, whether you want us to or not, get ready and start parsing!

Web development is a dumpster fire because of all of the different stupid combinations you need to worry about supporting, not because developers are lazy (we are but that's irrelevant to this).

Supporting older versions of iOS means supporting older versions of Safari that haven't been updated in years, which means finding out that whoops, that thing you wrote that's coming along great actually craps out entirely on some ancient browser that's used by 0.2% of your userbase. You can increase the dev time by 30% to try to figure out if maybe there's a way to work around it and use something, or you can live your life and collect your paycheck, because the person with a 6 year old ipad probably isn't going to be a paying customer.

Oh, I know - I’m anticipating clearfixes in my future if the parked legacy browser code comes to being. But that last paragraph is kind of what I’m getting at - providing rich, encouraged, and long-lived update support means it’s fairly rare to encounter terrible old browsers, so you can ignore them relatively safely.

If the OP’s iPad, and millions of others, had been stuck on iOS 9, it changes that calculus pretty dramatically.

Right now, every third article about web development is basically “this feature is active in the latest Chrome beta channel behind a config flag, so start using it now!” Browser compatibility is something that is so often played fast and loose, so it’s generally a good thing when browser manufacturers encourage people to be on their latest versions.

What I will say is that Apple probably needs to move Safari towards a more evergreen release strategy decoupled from OS releases.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Blue Moonlight posted:

What I will say is that Apple probably needs to move Safari towards a more evergreen release strategy decoupled from OS releases.

Yeah with my ipad I haven't had any updates available for a long time which might be a problem.

I realize the situation isn't entirely Apple's fault but needing a new device to view the same websites you've always viewed feels like a ripoff.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thing is they’re not really the same websites, they’re always adding crap to them that makes them need more resources and ad blockers can only do so much. I use the weather.com forecast page for my city as a barometer for when I need to replace my computer; once it starts choking on that one (every 7 years or so) I’m far enough behind the times that a bunch of other stuff isn’t working all that great either. If you can find a site that was made at the same time as your iPad and hasn’t been modified since then it’ll probably be snappy and feel really good to browse.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Blue Moonlight posted:

Right now, every third article about web development is basically “this feature is active in the latest Chrome beta channel behind a config flag, so start using it now!” Browser compatibility is something that is so often played fast and loose, so it’s generally a good thing when browser manufacturers encourage people to be on their latest versions.

For sure. I used to do some web dev (not my main job, just putting front ends on databases and services we had, and there was no one to do it) and the community is insane. A new toolkit every six months, tools stacked on top of libraries on top of other libraries, continually shifting and updating. It's a miracle anything works.

And on the user side, I had people using all sorts of weird old things to browse, and often not even being able to identify them until I got them to show me: old copies of Netscape, the file browser on a Nokia, some third-party widget their kid installed ...

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
My iPhone 6 finally died the death (well, the touch sensors did) a few weeks ago and I decided to jump to a Pixel. I figured I would have to start everything from scratch since I was making the Apple to Android jump. Nope--it came with an adapter, I plugged the old phone into it, it downloaded the Android versions of every app it could find, copied across all my contacts/settings/notes/etc. Really slick.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Pekinduck posted:

Not trying to stick up for Apple, god knows they have enough minions, but the blame for that is solely on the flaming dipshits in advertising and web design. It takes a massive, massive amount of memory to open today’s webpages, and six or seven year old portable devices don’t have enough RAM to do it, so you get browser failure and fuckery.

Has nothing to do with tinfoil-hat conspiring theories and CRAPPLE, AMIRITE. Part of the reason everybody whines about Apple poo poo is because all the older Android tablets and old phones don’t get updates at all(or maybe one), and were chucked out or given to toddlers years ago.

Edit: gently caress, beaten, utterly.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m still curious about what hoops OP had to go through to get his decade old Mac to update the OS because it’s generally not a difficult thing.

I’m pissed with Apple for my own reasons, but having a super old machine that still works plenty fine seems to be a bit of an odd thing to be so grumbly about.

The OS I had was pretty old and I'd left it that way since the MAC worked fine for what I used it for but now I need it for stuff like Teams (for obvious reasons) as well as a few other things that weren't supported.

It wouldn't let me just install the highest OSX it can take and I had to do it sequentially (like 10.6 then 11.0 then 11.6 or whatever). A couple of times the installer would say "disc isn't recognized", sometimes it would SAY it installed but was still 10.6. In other words, I needed 11.0 FIRST in order to install 11.6 (these numbers are made up). Problem was, there didn't appear to be an installer download for JUST 11.0, only 11.6 and the latter would not install on its own.

I finally tracked it down and even then it was wonky. Apple mad it pretty tough to find for some reason. The download put a dmg on my desktop but only named it like "InstallOSX" with no version number so now I was getting it mixed up with the other ones i was loving with. ALSO, the REAL installer I was supposed to use wasn't that new one on my desktop, it was in my applications folder which I thought was odd and counter intuitive.

And of course now I'm tweaking all the settings, preferences, getting my printer and scanner going again and poo poo like that. Adobe stuff seems OK so far.

Sorry to be grumbly. The process just seemed harder than it needed to be and took me more time than I thought it would.

EDIT: More phone chat

A few of the unskippable updates for my Android have managed to reset several of my settings on more than one occasion and I get annoyed by that too

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 10, 2021

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

JnnyThndrs posted:

Has nothing to do with tinfoil-hat conspiring theories and CRAPPLE, AMIRITE. Part of the reason everybody whines about Apple poo poo is because all the older Android tablets and old phones don’t get updates at all(or maybe one), and were chucked out or given to toddlers years ago.

Edit: gently caress, beaten, utterly.

There's probably a better term for it, but I think of it as a "conspiracy of convenience." It's to Apple's (and others') advantage that web pages and such are overloaded garbage, because it makes devices feel "old." So they do and say nothing about it, even though they could.

I don't think Apple is directly responsible in a lawsuit sense, but there's at least some complicity. They have at least some influence over it, and they certainly benefit from it. It's a very convenient condition for them, in terms of pushing customers to newer devices. It also has a negative effect on consumers (costing money and satisfaction), and the environment to have costly devices "age" in this way.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
This is what the tech world has been like for ages, though. It's not new to phones, only to devices which get updates, so, endemic since the early 80ss or so when people could upgrade their OS, and accelerated by web based updates in the 90s.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Inspector 34 posted:

The last time I switched over (Galaxy to Galaxy) I did it myself rather than taking it to the store since I got a great deal on Amazon. It definitely went smoother than before, whether because I did it or because the integration's gotten better, I don't know. Part of the problem is that I use phone storage for a poo poo ton of things (music, ebooks, photos), rather than cloud storage or apps. So most everything that wasn't on my card got wiped, which was a fun surprise when I went to pop on some music for the road. It did save my background and most apps though, which was nice.

I'm not complaining because I know I'm the outlier. It would annoy me personally if I got a new phone every few months, but it sounds like it's easier if you have accounts like Spotify or Kindle.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Eroom's law

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

doctorfrog posted:

There's probably a better term for it, but I think of it as a "conspiracy of convenience." It's to Apple's (and others') advantage that web pages and such are overloaded garbage, because it makes devices feel "old." So they do and say nothing about it, even though they could.

I don't think Apple is directly responsible in a lawsuit sense, but there's at least some complicity. They have at least some influence over it, and they certainly benefit from it. It's a very convenient condition for them, in terms of pushing customers to newer devices. It also has a negative effect on consumers (costing money and satisfaction), and the environment to have costly devices "age" in this way.

Toyota should do something about the roads I drive on.

I'm not entirely sure what you think they, or any other manufacturer, can do about the state of web design. They already do include anti-tracking measures, and force the use of their masking service if an app takes signups. They can tell the publishing industry "hey stop junking up your pages with tracking and ads" but nobody is going to listen. It's not like the infamous Flash letter, there's no single element you can complain to as it's a global issue.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Google is the #1 shaper of web design patterns

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Apple has been found guilty on several occasions of intentional planned obsolescence. It's not a secret, everybody knew it. It doesn't have to be web browsing problems, updates would be conspicuously more resource hungry or actively throttled performance for older models.

If there is a 'conspiracy of convenience', it's that Apple intentionally traps consumers within their own ecosystem. Their products don't play ball with 3rd party products and everything is proprietary from charging cables to audio codecs. You can't just pick and choose a product you like and have it function with everything else you have.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Windows phone was goddamn magic at transferring. Everything was backed up in the cloud, you could just plug in the new one and log in to wifi and your Microsoft account and then boom an hour later it was exactly the same phone but bigger including your entire library of text messages and your call log.

Absolutely seamless. It's a tragedy that google won the war.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Volmarias posted:

This is what the tech world has been like for ages, though. It's not new to phones, only to devices which get updates, so, endemic since the early 80ss or so when people could upgrade their OS, and accelerated by web based updates in the 90s.

The scam is, at least to me, is that I don't NEED and update. My poo poo's working just fine thank you very much. How about I'll ask YOU when I start having problems and want to update my poo poo instead of you breaking my devices and loving my poo poo up when it was totally meeting my needs as it stood?

This sort of bullshit has even effected my job performance. We'll get some stupid "upgrade" or update and all of a sudden the machines and pug ins I use to make a loving living and do my job don't loving work any more and often are completely incompatible all of a sudden.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If you don't software update then your computer actually belongs to some guy in Russia who's letting you keep using it for now.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

If you don't software update then your computer actually belongs to some guy in Russia who's letting you keep using it until you cycle out all your backups from before you were owned.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
'course, the same is true if you do update, or at best beginning about 12 hours after you update.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

YOSPOS infosec megathread is the most useful place on these forums btw

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887592&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Lone Badger posted:

If you don't software update then your computer actually belongs to some guy in Russia who's letting you keep using it for now.

Yeah, by all means complain about what's in the updates and then problems they cause, but if you think having to update an internet enabled device is bullshit, you're part of the reason those updates are forced.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 19, 2021

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Aight so I'm balls to the walls baffled about this scam, anyone know wtf it is???

tl;dr: dude trying to buy my Discord account for $800, then doesn't bat a fuckin' eye at $3000??? :psyduck:

edit: wait wtf my pic didn't upload one sec/clarification

hopefully this works, imgur is hosed up, SA plat upload is hosed up, everything is hosed up today holy poo poo

clarification: he sent me one more message after "Ok" saying "Let's do it right now" before I blocked him, didn't get that in the screenie tho soz

pliable fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 17, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I mean it's not... IMPOSSIBLE??? that someone would pay money for a rare uid, for a while triple digit ICQ numbers were thousands of dollars valuable

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Should have taken the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Probably would’ve been a fake PayPal email or something.