Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Wanting to know the reason why people think a poster is actually a rereg of a different poster isn't "going to bat for" them. Considering how many people have been falsely accused of being my reregs it's a perfectly understandable question to have.

You replied to the wrong post didn't you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
People defended his posting but in fairness I haven’t really seen anyone defend him post-accusation

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Xarbala posted:

You replied to the wrong post didn't you.

I mean he paraphrased me with the "going to bat for" but so I think he meant to quote me. For some reason.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

christmas boots posted:

People defended his posting but in fairness I haven’t really seen anyone defend him post-accusation

what

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Taintrunner never gave me the money I asked for. Good riddance.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

genericnick posted:

but actually the opposite.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Strategic Tea said political extremists (I assume they mean certain sections of C-Spam) defending lovely people because they share the same views and I was just noting that while there were people who defended Taintrunner despite his posting or because they found him amusing I thought it was worth noting that there really isn't anyone doing that since this latest thing about him being a rereg of a rapist weirdo, except maybe Sleeveless

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

christmas boots posted:

Strategic Tea said political extremists (I assume they mean certain sections of C-Spam) defending lovely people because they share the same views and I was just noting that while there were people who defended Taintrunner despite his posting or because they found him amusing I thought it was worth noting that there really isn't anyone doing that since this latest thing about him being a rereg of a rapist weirdo, except maybe Sleeveless

Don't forget the forums' smartest poster posting the thread in QCS before he even knew what was going on lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
wait poo poo, I forgot to source my quote

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Don't forget the forums' smartest poster posting the thread in QCS before he even knew what was going on lmao

Yeah lol but that's like its own category of dumb imo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I would like to get the stats on how many "revoke perma on X" QCS succeeded vs total posted

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
well under such circumstances they're hardly going to be posted by people who know how to take no for an answer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pick posted:

well under such circumstances they're hardly going to be posted by people who know how to take no for an answer

no no no those are the people who are being permabanned, not the ones trying to get it revoked

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I would like to get the stats on how many "revoke perma on X" QCS succeeded vs total posted

The one person fragmaster permabanned for posting their experience of being an attempted rape victim was undone, for what small amount of good it does now.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Strategic Tea posted:

Political extremists sheltering every kind of disgusting person under the sun as long as they talk the talk of ideological compliance? Well I never!

Less "sheltering a disgusting person because they toe the party line" and more "celebrating an obvious toxic shithead because their toxicity pisses off people I dont like."

See also: March, Koalas; Brontosaurus, Tiny.

Also, plenty of people in C-SPAM didn't like Taintrunner before this. Its just that engaging with him, even to call him out, is an obvious losing move because he's a rage elemental with the free time to post 200 times a day.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I saw somebody say it was an "open secret" ??

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Charles posted:

I saw that too, no idea what they meant by that, unless they're referring to the goon discord circles or something. But as far as I know nobody had any idea.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I never saw anyone talk about this, but i'm not on any discords.

I have been expecting something like this for a while, because no one can be that big of a neverending smug shithead online without also being a genuinely bad person.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Gotta say, Rush and Taintrunner getting perma'd on the SAME DAY was something I didn't even dare hope for.

Life comes at you fast, lol.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Bogus Adventure posted:

Gotta say, Rush and Taintrunner getting perma'd on the SAME DAY was something I didn't even dare hope for.

Life comes at you fast, lol.

Hmmm. Seems a little suspicious when you put it like that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It comes in threes. Burt (RIP), Rush, and...?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Pick posted:

Taintreaper was indeed different than taintrunner, it's a taint username general joke

Somebody should have told them 'taintfunny :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bogus Adventure posted:

Death comes at you fast

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Attaintedrunner

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It comes in threes. Burt (RIP), Rush, and...?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I asked Jeffery to unban neil cicierega in a thread about helldump but it turned out he already had. I'm counting it anyways. :smuggo:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:lol: I always forget England still has kings and queens.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lmao woke up to this taint runner news especially after I laughed at him a couple of days ago for posting this in response to me calling him out for having his own private vr game room

Taintrunner posted:

the truth is that if I was stuck in the same situation I was in before I lucked out and rolled boxcars right before this pandemic, I would still be on the streets and have already killed myself. for the past decade I constantly weighed the alternatives of what I was going through or embracing death. Hell, I still do in the back of my brain even though I have it much easier now. I got insanely lucky and have never presented my good fortune as anything but desperation and online dating turning into an incredibly lucky road out from nearly a decade of poverty, and that's after my incredibly abusive upbringing out in the middle of loving nowhere. yeah, once in a while, I saved up from the jobs I worked to get myself nice things like a Rift S VR headset and I think it's super cool or whatever, but I never gloat or rub it in someone's face to try and win some bullshit forums argument. I don't believe in "flexing on" my posting comrades, because that's wrong and hosed up.

what this LibVulture with a grudge is trying to get at, is that you deserve to suffer and die of cheesy lung because you don't want to get on your knees and suck off a warmongering austerity rapist freakshow who sniffs the hair of little girls as much as him, meanwhile he gloats about his luxury and comfort in a collapsing and failing state as if he's going to be of worth or value to anyone except roving chud slave-traders, crying and pissing his diaper wondering why the establishment democraps left him out to die miserably as the billionaire class fucks off to their new zealand survival bunkers. Sucks for them, but instead of chasing posting clout they could have chased the respect of their comrades instead of some millionaire rapist freak.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
i am witnessing synthy and koos having some sort of one-sided dance battle in the goonlulz thread over the taintrunner stuff and it's like seeing two of some glorious bird thought to be extinct, fighting each other

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What is cheesy lung

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Rockman Reserve posted:

tremendous rap sheet on this fellow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggkKO1Ufv9A

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Heath posted:

What is cheesy lung

COVID. I.e "you get COVID and your lungs turn to swiss cheese."

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Charles posted:

I called him a piece of poo poo a couple times and got multiple PMs being like "hey you thought he was a piece of poo poo BEFORE, well," and then a bunch of links

I never sent it on because the very loose doxxing rules would give the idiot cspam mods an excuse to come down on me again but it seemed very widespread knowledge because everyone I mentioned it to was like oh yeah, that guy, he got run out of DSA for doing sexual harassment , or something similar

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

:lol: I always forget England still has kings and queens.

They're a side show that will last until the boomers die

The better of the future heirs already pre-abdicated because he realises its all poo poo

edit: and left the country because that is also poo poo

Regarde Aduck has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Feb 18, 2021

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

some plague rats posted:

I called him a piece of poo poo a couple times and got multiple PMs being like "hey you thought he was a piece of poo poo BEFORE, well," and then a bunch of links

I never sent it on because the very loose doxxing rules would give the idiot cspam mods an excuse to come down on me again but it seemed very widespread knowledge because everyone I mentioned it to was like oh yeah, that guy, he got run out of DSA for doing sexual harassment , or something similar

It has been passed on a lot by private message and on discord. It was thought that the moderators and administrators were aware because it was sent to them, but it looks like they just forgot about it for a while

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also, do you have any idea how much of a creep you have to be to get run out of the DSA

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Pick posted:

It has been passed on a lot by private message and on discord. It was thought that the moderators and administrators were aware because it was sent to them, but it looks like they just forgot about it for a while
lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

“Forgot”

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yeah, I'm usually quite an apologist for the site ownership but I'm not jazzed about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

I was the admin who got the PM, but I got like 20 that day and missed it. We are all aware and will get back to yall.