Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh god, Nintendo Power art.

I'm not saying Nintendo Power art is necessarily bad but it had a very tenuous grasp on what characters from games look like. I always enjoy "Your drunk uncle" Cid from Final Fantasy IV as well as "Check out my package" speedo wearing Kain.

But Nintendo Power Palom and Porom are the stuff of nightmares.

NIntendo Power Tellah is The Good Tellah IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Barudak posted:

I think it would have worked better it Gladio's muscle boy look had been covering somebody really into court politics. Then his yelling on the train and kings most loyal pimp schtick would have made more sense.

If it helps, he's apparently just really into romance novels. Which I guess makes sense with him really pushing Noctis to get flowers for Iris.

And I guess since he comes from a line of service to the Crown, also makes sense that he also has 'loyalty to the Crown' drummed into him from early on.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SettingSun posted:

Illusion of Gaia was such a weird game.

It, and Terranigma, were some really deeply written games for the SNES era. I really suggest both.

I don't even know of deep is the correct term. There's just something about the two stories that gives me creeps but in a good way.

Completely unrelated, Ardyn would have been so much worse if the voice actor didn't completely own that character.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

NIntendo Power Tellah is The Good Tellah IMO

That's obviously FuSoYa and I will ignore all evidence to the contrary :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you ever think about fusoya turning into a pile of goop when he's ko'd. do lunarians just do that.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

you ever think about fusoya turning into a pile of goop when he's ko'd. do lunarians just do that.

Maybe he's just that drat old. His bones just disintegrate when he dies.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Howard Phillips posted:

FFXII is on Game Pass now. Played a few hours yesterday and I gotta say it's surprisingly comfy. Really digging the option to 2x or 4x the gameplay. Terrible screen tearing without VSYNC on though.

I've been digging it, and I might actually finish it this time around because the speed-up options make grinding not a chore. It also looks seriously fantastic, they've done a great job. It's also not a twitchy shooter so there's zero reason not to keep vsync on??

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Artelier posted:

Gladio was at his best going really, really out of his way to making the best cup of instant noodles possible

As a broke rear end I can sympathize with the efforts of improving instant noodles

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Endorph posted:

what percentage of ff14 catgirls are trans (the answer may shock you)

In my experience the trans players are almost always exclusively lalafell or femroes

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

In my experience the trans players are almost always exclusively lalafell or femroes

And rabbits.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Leal posted:

As a broke rear end I can sympathize with the efforts of improving instant noodles

An egg will get you most of the way there, usually

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Instant Grat posted:

Or just chop up a couple of spicy dill pickles, maybe pour just a hint of that juice in there. There you go.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Endorph posted:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Buy green onions, put them in a jar filled with water by a windowsill, get fresh green onions for basically ever, dunk them on your noodle cups

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Instant Grat posted:

And toasted sesame seeds. Don't forget the sesame seeds.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Also you can do no wrong with a little hoisin sauce

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sesame seeds, green onions, mushrooms, and chili paste for me. It's almost a real meal!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

yeah I put green onion tops and shichi-mi tōgarashi (Japanese seven-spice) on almost everything and it really helps with both presentation and feeling less packaged lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
And don稚 forget the lard, too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id like the thread to be about this from now on

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
You may die of a salt overload, but one thing you can do to make your ramen extra delicious is cook it in miso soup instead of just water. You can usually get miso in sachets at the supermarket. Maybe use a little less of the seasoning packet that comes with the ramen so your kidneys don't shrink up.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I dont even bother cooking the ramen usually tbh

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
When I'm on a diet I just suck on the flavor packet throughout the day, gets you the same experience but no calories, it's great

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I went to college with a guy who would literally just munch on the brick of dry noodles lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

shoeberto posted:

When I'm on a diet I just suck on the flavor packet throughout the day, gets you the same experience but no calories, it's great

What the gently caress?

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

I went to college with a guy who would literally just munch on the brick of dry noodles lol

Sometimes you just want crunch, on the cheap.

This man did nothing wrong.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

shoeberto posted:

i dont read this thread often so im glad i didnt miss this

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I知 trying to think of FF characters that would only eat the flavor packet and I知 struggling. Maybe Edge?

Cecil would totally eat ramen noodles without the flavor packet.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Gau would only eat the flavor packet. The packet itself, too, none of this 'opening' poo poo.

Also, the most relevant good news from the Nintendo Direct: Octopath Traveler devs are doing an SRPG that looks like it's about as FFT as you can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAUCRImUpis

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

I知 trying to think of FF characters that would only eat the flavor packet and I知 struggling. Maybe Edge?

sabin
e: zell

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 18, 2021

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Mega64 posted:

For some reason, I'm thinking Hope from XIII.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Cleretic posted:

Gau would only eat the flavor packet. The packet itself, too, none of this 'opening' poo poo.

Also, the most relevant good news from the Nintendo Direct: Octopath Traveler devs are doing an SRPG that looks like it's about as FFT as you can get.

Demo available already? Anyone with a Switch try it out?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mega64 posted:

Quina would eat the flavor packet by itself, but only once as a taste test, and then after finding it wanting, would proceed to cook some good restaurant-quality ramen with his/her own blend of seasonings.

I'm fairly certain at some point, Laguna would have eaten the flavor packet by itself out of sheer necessity. He wouldn't have enjoyed it, but he would've tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Cleretic posted:

I imagine Umaro would probably do the same.

So would Gogo, but only because they'd be copying either Gau or Umaro.

Hildibrand would totally eat the flavor packet by itself, but would do so under the mistaken assumption that he was consuming something else as part of a brilliant plan to solve his latest case.

Nashu would eat the flavor packet and ask for more.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

Demo available already? Anyone with a Switch try it out?

Seems good so far. They basically have made a new Ogre Battle game using the graphics from Octopath Traveler.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Cleretic posted:

The problem with this is, FFT has been done to death at this point.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Gologle posted:

The problem with this is, FFT has been done to death at this point.

Has it? With one whole game in the main series, and a couple cheap spinoffs?

It's not even a genre with many good entries in it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Calling ffta2 a cheap spinoff in TYOOL 2021...

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've been saying that since FFTA2 came out.

It hasn't gotten any better.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's how everyone ate Mamee noodles when I was in primary school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FFTA and FFTA2 are good games but nowhere near as good as FFT. FFTA2 is sorta close.

I知 excited for this new one. I am happy to see more Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy adjacent games be made :unsmith: