Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Year of the Rabbit looked overcranked when I watched the first episode last night, is that intentional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BrotherJayne posted:

Year of the Rabbit looked overcranked when I watched the first episode last night, is that intentional?

It was like that when I watched it so I guess so?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BrotherJayne posted:

Overcranked?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

The_Doctor posted:

Overcranked?

Like the film is running too fast, like ye olde cinema

Edit: whoops, undercranked, evidently it's the reel speed in the camera and not the projector

Edit 2: that makes total sense, projector reel speed is likely standardized

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

At least it’s coming back. Year of the Rabbit’s future is very uncertain at this point.

Don't even get me started on the wait for Darkplace season 2!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Chairman Capone posted:

Keep the hope alive, true believer!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

I'm about 70% sure Gregor is a construct that Nadija jams into susceptible hosts

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

The_Doctor posted:

At least it’s coming back. Year of the Rabbit’s future is very uncertain at this point.
Someone needs to poo poo or get off the pot.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Chairman Capone posted:

Still waiting for series two of Snuff Box...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ZombyDog posted:

Someone needs to poo poo or get off the pot.

A series 2 was ordered but ended up being canceled due to the pandemic.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1361135964572114945?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Weird that a regular human bartender like Jackie Daytona would be used as the image for a vampire's holiday tweet but I guess love for Jackie Daytona is universal no matter who you are. :shobon:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Apparently the issue with Darkplace is that looking cheap was surprisingly expensive. Which is why instead of continuing it they did that spin off.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Does anyone else kind of hope Nander and Guillermo kiss next season?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

...yes :blush:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Erotic fan fiction is prohibited yes

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
How does the show keep its tone after Guillermo slaughtered most of the vampires in New York?

They can't go back to low-key episodes like Nadja and Lazlo singing at an open mic now.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Well, it turns out that Guillermo killing most of the vampires in the area took a lot of pressure off of us. I never really realized how much the weight of the vampire community's expectations was really toxic. Nadja and I have joined a bowling league!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

"Well, it turns out that Guillermo killing most of the vampires in the area took a lot of pressure off of us. I never really realized how much the weight of the vampire community's expectations was really toxic. Nadja and I have joined a bowling league!"

It's going to be exactly something like this.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

:same:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Guillermo does a complete heel turn and starts terrorizing the vampires.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

boo_radley posted:

Guillermo does a complete heel turn and starts terrorizing the vampires.
He would kill them so easily, though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The X-man cometh posted:

How does the show keep its tone after Guillermo slaughtered most of the vampires in New York?

They can't go back to low-key episodes like Nadja and Lazlo singing at an open mic now.

Swerewolves

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I like to think they get even lazier now. Nadja and Laszlo will want Gizmo to fight their battles for them since they know he can do that now (they may even lambast him for being lazy and not revealing it sooner to get out of extra work), Nandor will feel emasculated by Guillermo being more feared than him, Colin Robinson will stoke those feelings to get a good meal out of it etc. Other than that, their lives continue exactly as normal.

Either that or Garrett the Vampire gets blamed for the massacre and had to spend another 1000 years in that room to think about what he did(n't do).

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Weird that a regular human bartender like Jackie Daytona would be used as the image for a vampire's holiday tweet but I guess love for Jackie Daytona is universal no matter who you are. :shobon:

It's Jackie Daytona AND a vampire. The one on the right. You probably didn't notice him because Jackie Daytona.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jerusalem posted:

I like to think they get even lazier now. Nadja and Laszlo will want Gizmo to fight their battles for them since they know he can do that now (they may even lambast him for being lazy and not revealing it sooner to get out of extra work), Nandor will feel emasculated by Guillermo being more feared than him, Colin Robinson will stoke those feelings to get a good meal out of it etc. Other than that, their lives continue exactly as normal.

Either that or Garrett the Vampire gets blamed for the massacre and had to spend another 1000 years in that room to think about what he did(n't do).

Garrett knows what he did

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Narsham posted:

It's Jackie Daytona AND a vampire. The one on the right. You probably didn't notice him because Jackie Daytona.

Doesn't sound right to me, Jim the Vampire drank several human alcohols so he can't be a vampire.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1361554054535516160?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh gently caress yes. I don't care how you do it but everybody please try and find a way to watch the first two seasons, it's really great.

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1361556112286228480

:allears:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gently caress yes! Best news I've heard all week

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh gently caress yes. I don't care how you do it but everybody please try and find a way to watch the first two seasons, it's really great.

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1361556112286228480

:allears:

Seconding this, the 70s Ghost Party in season 2 is incredible.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The orgy episode isn't great or even particularly good but it's not god awful after rewatch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Seconding this, the 70s Ghost Party in season 2 is incredible.

The ghost getting cuffed and put in the back of the car is amazing but even better is him realizing... "hey I'm a ghost! "and just loving off :lol:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I should watch Wellington Paranormal, huh?

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have started watching it a couple of days ago, and it is indeed excellent. So yes, you should.

*ghostly 70's music playing*

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

"We have had a series of noise complaints. Yeah and I must also inform you that you're all deceased"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

That was a good episode. Wellington Paranormal is a little gem no matter what bad things Jermaine and Taika say about it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love the episode where a vengeful spirit is dealt with by his ex-girlfriend telling him if he murders her she'll think he's a dick :allears:

The Sergeant and his voice-activated AI-run computer locked secret office is also a great running gag.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

That was a good episode. Wellington Paranormal is a little gem no matter what bad things Jermaine and Taika say about it.

They say bad things about it? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I don't know if it's the standard NZ self-deprecation but they have said they have had to scrape for two seasons of material.