Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

grate deceiver posted:

good characters and chemistry between the cast

ehhhh

Han/Leia were the only ones that had any chemistry, and Leia wasn’t a very good character

maybe she’s a decent writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The only good that will come of this is in the potential of a showdown between two psychotic cults - the "beyhive" and the k-hive.

Let them fight.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

it appears some of you dont know how beyonce says her name

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

who cares. death of the author

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

death 2 authmerica

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lets remake bee movie except with beyonce said some crazy person ten years ago apparently

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lmao i’d forgotten malia interned for harvey weinstein

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

indigi posted:

who cares. death of the author

marginalizing a person of color. cancelled.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

lets remake bee movie except with beyonce said some crazy person ten years ago apparently

*big sniff of cocaine*

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMG1Nl7uWko

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

indigi posted:

ehhhh

Han/Leia were the only ones that had any chemistry, and Leia wasn’t a very good character

maybe she’s a decent writer

Harrison Ford had chemistry with everyone including an eight-foot-tall muppet that communicated entirely through roaring

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

vyelkin posted:

Harrison Ford had chemistry with everyone including an eight-foot-tall muppet that communicated entirely through roaring

Chewbacca is sassy af

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Still hosed up he doesn’t get a medal after the Death Star explodes

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Malia the one we were all supposed to not mock for dating a disgusting British cigarette several years ago

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Malia may well be a decent writer but she can never escape her name. if she was serious about it she would try to get some stuff published under a pen name. maybe she is trying, who knows.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

KomradeX posted:

Besides being in the right time and place, Star Wars had a lot of talented people work on the movie. Hell I think it was Coppola who gave editing advice, Lucas's wife pretty much saves the movie in the editing bay by giving the attack on the Death Star some stakes. For as much praise as the prequels get now for being the last time a film maker had their unvarnished vision put to screen, the original trilogy worked because people were able to tell Lucas no, and which ideas were dumb. People say that oh used car salesman lizard Obi-wan would be cool, because it stands as a contrasting idea to what we actually got, and someone could find that alternative interesting n if that's what we'd gotten in '77 Star Wars would be a footnote. Though I wonder if ILM would have continued to be a thing if Star Wars had failed. I don't know if you get big special effects movies if Star Wars bombed.

it's hard to say because ILM was also pretty essential to pulling off Star Wars and coming up with the whole aesthetic of the films, from the mashed together battleship model kits (which plenty of scifi series did before, to be fair) to the various sound effects from lightsabers, to alien grunts, to laser blasts just reeling people in. and now that I think about it, jim henson's indirect contribution mattered a ton in making the weird rear end aliens interesting and relatable.

just the perfect storm of design and talent coming together to bring the director of american graffiti's flash gordon fanficition to life.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

wtf why are there only ten episodes of tuca and bertie

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

But Star Wars was key to ILM's success, abd they would go on to be the premier Special Effects house built off of that success of Star Wars. So if Star Wars fails does it take down ILM and how does that change movie making? Or does the movie flop but thr effects are impressive so they still exist because people are impressed by that.

Though a further thoughit experiment, the success of Jaws and Star Wars created the Summer Blockbuster, if Star Wars failed are their Summer Blockbuster movies? Or does Jaws and Spielberg carry the blockbuster and special effects movie forward?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dreylad posted:

it's hard to say because ILM was also pretty essential to pulling off Star Wars and coming up with the whole aesthetic of the films, from the mashed together battleship model kits (which plenty of scifi series did before, to be fair) to the various sound effects from lightsabers, to alien grunts, to laser blasts just reeling people in. and now that I think about it, jim henson's indirect contribution mattered a ton in making the weird rear end aliens interesting and relatable.

just the perfect storm of design and talent coming together to bring the director of american graffiti's flash gordon fanficition to life.

frank oz as yoda

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Bro Dad posted:

wtf why are there only ten episodes of tuca and bertie

netflix union-busting

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol looks like we're going to have to fire up the cancel culture gun again

If she is still dating Corey Booker we'll get to see how far the Democrats immunity to #MeToo extends.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

If she is still dating Corey Booker we'll get to see how far the Democrats immunity to #MeToo extends.

Not that

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1186659758838861824?s=19

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
you could make a decent horror narrative on the beehive concept, given that it's not unheard of for hives to turn on their queen and go rogue

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I actually didnt know about this and this makes me sad. Dawson and piper perabo were my movie crushes and holy poo poo sin city wasn't womans liberation or anything but she really wore that outfit.

My life is routinely becoming the Witcher meme where Geralt says 'gently caress' at something every day.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the latest guest on Doughboys talks poo poo on Che Guevara and I’m 2/10 Mad about it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
didnt the rosario thing get dropped and the victim took back her statement? was she paid off or what happened?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

probably threatened.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
This monster hunter movie has no monster hunting.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

My Face When posted:

Ive been binging peaky blinders and am up to season 5.

Not sure how historically accurate it is, but holy poo poo it goes to 0 to 60 in ambition levels for characters.

Was communism really a problem between 1919 to the ww2 in Britain? I knew the ira was a big issue but didnt expect the heavy handed anti communism in the show.

Literally everything about the show is hilarious innacurate, especially Shelby shagging the connie lass who in real life was dead before he was born

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Spuckuk posted:

Literally everything about the show is hilarious innacurate, especially Shelby shagging the connie lass who in real life was dead before he was born

Thats what my research came up with as well so i didnt press on it too much after.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Judakel posted:

Monster Fleeer

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/themarkrussell/status/1361849848257908736

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I know Disney sucks and all but god drat some of their songs are just so loving good

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

indigi posted:

I know Disney sucks and all but god drat some of their songs are just so loving good

Disney can really put out excellent stuff if they try and focus hard enough. All the splurging of MCU/Star Wars stuff is not good for them. Out of all new ideas they have, maybe one-fourth or one-third will be really good, one-half will be cheap mediocrity and the rest will be so bad that they'll just be ripped out of the public conscious in a matter of weeks.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
https://twitter.com/sleepytreefrog/status/1361877464054697986?s=19

*laughs in tarkovsky*

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

My Face When posted:

I actually didnt know about this and this makes me sad. Dawson and piper perabo were my movie crushes and holy poo poo sin city wasn't womans liberation or anything but she really wore that outfit.

My life is routinely becoming the Witcher meme where Geralt says 'gently caress' at something every day.

im sorry ur faves were implicated

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Judakel posted:

has a class action lawsuit been filed yet

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i watched Bliss last night. what a stupid loving movie, jesus christ

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

oh god, a world without the Irishman? what would we ever do??!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
The creation of modern film requires a bunch of people working together on a piece of art, in a large group, communally, in common, communistically, if you would.

That can only happen in a world of maximum individualism and structural inequality. Obviously.