Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

so it was kind of lost in the shuffle but im wondering at the detail athanatos gave about jeffrey loving permas why does jeffrey love permas does he relish any opportunity to decide who lives or who dies or is he just a big nerd for forum lore and is totally psyched that the mods have to tell him every time a situation stupid enough to warrant a permaban happens

Are we sure it isn't Jeffery who loves permas? I'm picturing one of those logic puzzles where one of them only lies and one of them only tells truths and we have to ask exactly one question to get the rapist psychopath permabanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hapsby posted:

the ridiculous thing is i think they were two different dudes?

lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

feeling very smug about never liking that guy

Taintrunner took himself so loving serious. Anyone that cares that much about posting and their posting profile is hosed up, even for a hosed up little messageboard full of weirdos.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

remember how you gave a bunch of people pro rapist in chief gang tags

the spirit of taintrunner lives on in dumbass posters still doing this poo poo, love it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Question: What does this development mean for using Stalin in avs/gangtags? I feel like perhaps his image has become tainted at this point, any previous association overshadowed by getting co-opted by a rapist shithead.

am I the only person who parsed this as funny sarcasm because my faith in my posting comprehension is shaken

also joetse is good, imo

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Question: What does this development mean for using Stalin in avs/gangtags? I feel like perhaps his image has become tainted at this point, any previous association overshadowed by getting co-opted by a rapist shithead.

This post rules

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
gently caress taintrunner, not for what he did but for the inevitable Stalin avatar backlash

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

am I the only person who parsed this as funny sarcasm because my faith in my posting comprehension is shaken

also joetse is good, imo

Probably. ABP only seems to show up when there's a d&d shitlib clique venturing into cspam.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

also joetse is good, imo

I thought it was pretty clearly tongue in cheek.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

a Loving Dog posted:

gently caress taintrunner, not for what he did but for the inevitable Stalin avatar backlash

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

I just think this judgy rabbit makes a good av.

a Loving Dog posted:

agreed.

also I don't think j of yospos "relishes" permas. i think whoever said that needs to examine their own posting, and their friends' posting,

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yinlock posted:

i figured it was a mod's "hilarious" joke

My curse for remembering stupid forums bullshit tells me that Jeffrey was talked into changing all the NOJOE tags to JOE (this part checks out since I'm pretty sure it required direct access to the image files) by people in some discord or another, on the basis that it would be hilarious (which it was). I've heard arf's name mentioned as one of those people but cannot say whether it was true.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This post rules

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

hapsby posted:

also I don't think j of yospos "relishes" permas. i think whoever said that needs to examine their own posting, and their friends' posting,

Athanatos posted:

I'm back, I went to sleep between my last post and I wanted to get back all the information and read all the things people sent me. This was not a tough decision, nor was there anyone fighting to not-perma. Jeffrey likes to sign off on permas, so the timeline is never instant. I poked Jeffrey, it's done.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

that means he likes to have the final word on permas

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
permas should only show up after the probes expire imo, keep things dramatic :v:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Charles Bronson IS Jeffrey of YOSPOS in... PERMA WISH

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

that means he likes to have the final word on permas

i think my interpretation is funnier

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

docbeard posted:

Charles Bronson IS Jeffrey of YOSPOS in... PERMA WISH

banned for fantasizing about mods being dead people

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

ah. whoops. i got tricked by j of y constantly saying things like "oh i wish i was just a Normal Poster so i could laugh at forums drama," which, yeah, makes me a naive dummy. ty op!

e: athanatos one million percent sucks poo poo too though. they suck so much. i cannot think of one single good thing they've done with their admin powers

hapsby fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 18, 2021

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a huge nerd for forums lore and always find new permabans exciting, especially when that person is definitely going to try to rereg multiple times

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if you're not a naive dummy you have not yet reached your true posting potential

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

if you're not a naive dummy you have not yet reached your true posting potential

i strive every day to hone my posting blade, friend, but i am who i am 8)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

also joetse is good, imo
I mean, the main joke is that it's entirely believable that this would be someone's primary concern, so I don't blame people for taking my post at face value, even if I tried to lay it on thick.

Lib and let die posted:

Probably. ABP only seems to show up when there's a d&d shitlib clique venturing into cspam.
I mean, I probably only see you when drama abounds too, so I figure it's just that we only post in the same threads when the drama happens and otherwise go our separate ways into different C-SPAM threads.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hapsby posted:

e: athanatos one million percent sucks poo poo too though. they suck so much. i cannot think of one single good thing they've done with their admin powers

I can't think of one thing they've done with them period besides the usual qcs "we're discussing this and your opinion is important to us *closes thread, ignores issue entirely*"

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

Yinlock posted:

I can't think of one thing they've done with them period besides the usual qcs "we're discussing this and your opinion is important to us *closes thread, ignores issue entirely*"

exaaaaaactly.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm not convinced Athanatos isn't just a RingCentral chatbot

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
getting collaterally murked by a Jeffrey of YOSPOS signature strike

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

athanatos gave me my account back when i accidentally autobanned so hes not all bad

unless youre my forum enemy in which case hes now the worst admin ever

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

you’d think the millions and millions of deaths would have done it but no, a single lovely rapist decades later is what tarnishes stalin.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

you're all ocnfused he loves PARMAS

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

you’d think the millions and millions of deaths would have done it but no, a single lovely rapist decades later is what tarnishes stalin.

thanks for explaining the joke & historical context. and here i thought stalin was just a character from command & conquer: red alert

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

happy to help

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better
goons helping goons

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Are people still mad about the Joe tags lol

It was a free tag with an almost unfailable condition set to it. You pays no money and you takes your chances

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Look, I'm just asking questions here, but how exactly did we link taintrunner to these other accounts?

quote:

namastetaintrunner was formerly forums user "jefferoo", known for being an alcoholic psycho and bragging about getting "model quality asians". he was also twitter user "jeevesmeister", but deleted his account after an anonymous rape allegation lead to multiple people sharing the unsolicited photos he sent them of him torturing his cock and balls. before he deleted his account, he wrote an "if i did it" style medium essay, which he promptly deleted so it wouldnt be used in court against him

this just looks like an accusation to me, not 'receipts'

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I met Jefferoo in a NYC Lan meetup. Tall weirdo dude that just posted in the corner and scrolled on his phone. After being thoroughly mute for a couple hours he corners me on the way out to ask me to hang out and I just fuckin booked it down the crosswalk.

I guess its true what they say about mild people

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Slanderer posted:

IIRC from twitter, Jeevesmeister wrote a medium essay that was so bad that opinions of him went from "idk if he's a rapist" to "oh he's 100% a rapist". He then deleted the essay and his twitter account, but afterwards someone scooped up the @ and created a new account just to rehost the parts of the essay they had saved from a google cache.

Jeevesmeister apparently is the origin story for Sady Doyle's turn to the Dark Side and the origin of the Bernie Bros thing? I've been cackling this entire morning. I loving love the internwt.

E: like he stayed at her place for free and posted about Bernie and lovely landlords so hard that he broke her brain hahahha

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 18, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mangling my cock and balls and telling random women on twitter about jerking off with tenga eggs unsolicited >>>>>>>>> PRAXIS

E: personal info

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Shageletic posted:

Mangling my cock and balls and telling random women on twitter about jerking off with tenga eggs unsolicited >>>>>>>>> PRAXIS

E: personal info

loving goddamn lol

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 18, 2021