Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Wondered why there were so many posts in the Twin Peaks thread, not disappointed.

Welcome, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Some observations from Episode 4, 5 and 6 of Season two. I’m writing after watching episode 6, so it’s going to be a mix of quick observations, recollections of what I thought watching the episode and a bit on “I’ve seen episode up to episode 6, here’s what it all meant.”

First off M.T. Wentz, the travel writer who only pays cash, possibly named Wentz because he went there. Which is a small observation I didn’t have at that the time, that only comes into perspective for me after episode 5, basically that I might be looking back on the show with too modern a mindset. Taking things for granted from current attitudes that wouldn’t have been in play in 1990. Mainly, that the whole, “The name represents the person/inner meaning/deeper meaning,” isn’t completely worn out. Wentz, being he went somewhere to review it, M.T, empty? Not sure on how that ties, apart from him maybe not showing up yet. He went there empty to eat a lot? (And he's described as both a travel and food critic, which isn't that unusual.)

Also, I knew Smith and books had something to do with each other, and how he keeps accounts of stories told to him (much like the Bookhouse Boys are to do with “books” they’re all keeping account of things.) (and there has to be something about H names, Harold, Hank, Harry, etc. even James’ J is close to H in those terms, and Ed’s E is close to H as well, maybe something to do with chronology or cataloging? Not sure what to think of Horne being a surname with H. Or Hayward. But... Did Audrey Horne somehow come before Ben Horne? Is she older (but this is getting to episode 6 stuff.) Quick wiki says Ed and James are both Hurleys, more Hs. And then of course there’s the fact of Hs and “Horns.”)

Some of the other name things, while I can think of them. Dick and Deputy Johnson both dealing with getting someone pregnant. Dale Cooper is usually “Hills and Dales” dales being the valleys that run between the hills. And a cooper is someone who makes barrels. So Dale Cooper is someone who runs between the Twin Peaks and “barrels” the water from the river for the people. And, of course Leland, as “The Land” who I already think is possessed by the forest in some way (wait for episode 6.) Horne, devils and Horn-e sex. Truman, Trueman, etc. etc.

Another thing I’ve noticed is Truman really hasn’t been wearing his badge as much, and he has a necklace of some sort showing. (This changes again later on.)

Josie when she meets Harry in episode 4 is wearing a black dress. As she gets frisky with him a little bit of red begins to show. In One Eyed Jack’s most of the girls are only wearing red, and all the references to sex seem to have some red in them. At one point Audrey is wearing white and red in OEJ’s, but this later turns to black and red, like Blackie (lol, literally black) is wearing. (Flicking through the episodes to write this I noticed in the scene where) the judge comes in, he’s wearing a mix of black, red and white (and grey,) while he embraces Lucy (who I think we know is pregnant at this point) who’s wearing black and red, and is pregnant. Dale seems to mostly wear Black and White. There’s only been a few times I’ve seen blue (water? Light?) Hank has a blue earring, and I noticed once when Ben Horne had a blue tissue.

I wasn’t quite sure about the Judge’s Valhalla comment, but the later reveals make me think there’s far more than just spirits, but also heavens and hells (back to the divide) and the choice between two things that happen (and again, Dale Cooper is the person in the middle, or it's his nature to be, even if he isn't always.)

Then there’s a scene where Harry meets Dale in a bar, and Dale has the peanuts laid out in a regular pattern. I didn’t notice until later that the nuts actually look like a peak, with water at the bottom, and Cooper seemingly at the top of the peak. We know later that he feels like he did wrong in going against his official position by rescuing Audrey from OEJ’s, and he’s dressed in all black as he does it. He's not stuck to his oath, he's picked a "peak" and he even embraces Horne while wearing all black. All while the rescue is happening Harry is more casual, and Hank is as casual as anyone. (And the surprise arrival of Hank comes a few minutes after we see Coop and Harry go in, but also after an owl sees them go in.) But I’m getting ahead of where I am in episodes, I think.

Then we get to the next episode, where I don’t notice much, or can’t put much together, until we get to Smith’s scene were he goes outside. Like he’s made some deal that he sticks inside his house, and keeps his stories, and his artificial climate, but the outside is the lands.

I have no idea what to make of Nadine, but I keep thinking “in the kingdom of the blind...” and therefore she has some weird insight (from a spirit? A dead person? Her already dead when Ed shot her?) that grants her super-strength.

Then we get onto episode 6, which is where the “holy gently caress” reaches new heights. First, it’s the first time I can remember seeing flowing water in the cuts much like I’ve seen the blowing trees. And we’re just after a storm a night or two ago. I was wondering what to make of the traffic lights, but in an earlier episode. They weren’t just pedestrian crossing traffic lights, or to make a simple turn, but they’re intersection traffic lights, where everything crosses. Is it “as simple” as this is now where different strands of the stories come together.

Something I want to skip ahead to later in episode 6 is Maddie and James by the lake. It’s the first time I’ve seen the lake as a proper setting (at least since the opening episode.) It’s also the first time I’ve seen really proper sunlight. And it looks like Maddie is loving off. This is great because I’m getting really sick of the Donna, James and Maddie show (which is fair, they’re kids.) She goes into this weird thing about how everyone thought she was Laura, and she was acting like Laura, but now she doesn’t want to act like Laura, and she’s ready to leave. And the light made me think of Smith’s light as he went outside. The light standing in for spirits returning and leaving, in some form. Smith started out kind of creepy, but got really creepy after he went outside in the light (and was conned and stolen from, still talking about bitches and betrayals though.) But I’m figuring there’s far more “possession” going on than just spirits like Leland.

And this is all confirmed by the One Armed Man. Who stops taking his anti-psychotic medication (which I believe smells “really heavy,” so, way to get in touch with your inner demon David Lynch. Also David Lynch appears and needs things said loudly, so the One Armed Man kindly indulges him (and us the viewers)) Spirits and poo poo are all over the place here. The dead come back and mess with people’s minds and get them to kind of do strange things, but the really big bad boy spirits can completely inhabit bodies. And this has been going on for generations, as spirits try to work out their mistakes, i.e. their divides in life, and find the Dale/river between the peaks, and the Bookhouse Boys are a mysterious gang that keeps track of these possessions through generations (Harry talking about Leland’s family being in Twin Peaks for 75 years,) and these spirits are running amok, whether of the dead or of “entities.”

And that makes me think of the fire walk with you thing. Ben Horne (I thought the gluttonous brother was Ben, which I guess is why they put his name on his desk for idiots like me,) is walking around sparking up cigars at every minute of the day. He’s literally starting fires. His office has a giant fire. Everything he does stirs up trouble. It doesn’t seem like a big “discovery” for me, seeing as they’ve made this kind of obvious at this point with them pointing at the hotel (and I’m not actually waiting for a twist because there’s not been twists as such so far, just reveals of more information.) He plays games with Josie to reach a “stalemate.” And Leland (the land) is trying to undermine him. I’m not quite sure he’s “the devil” because it doesn’t seem like Twin Peaks is dealing with a straight religiosity, but he must be the one going around murdering people as the grey haired Bob only some people can see, who feeds off fear and chaos.

Anyway, there’s loads more in all the episodes (especially with the mill, Pete (milk,) Catherine and Josie), stuff that I’d be writing up for hours if I had to, and even more stuff I could see if I went back through just what I’ve seen of the last three episodes, but that seems like the big mythology of a show (so far) that has mysteries but not twists to fool you (so far.)

I will say, after all that, something that's hard to figure out is where to place the storytelling. It was mostly made around 1990. I'm sure most who saw it wouldn't have a clue about the code to reading the storytelling. It's using established cinematic devices (and it feels more like a "visual" "novel" (or soap opera/telenovella) than it does a "show",) but all these devices are just loaded in there (I also see a lot of The Seventh Seal in it, if less slow paced, lingering, and "cinematic.") But for me, looking back with thirty years of cinema/TV passed, I don't know how to read things accurately. Am I dismissing things because I think they're cliched now (even if TP was the inspiration for them to do it) or am I reading things into it from a 2021 perspective that might be nascent here but not fully formed. The names thing is the big one that leaps out at me. That's been done for as long as there's been writing, but it's particularly eye-rolling in modern views. So 2021 writers end up hiding the names beneath obscurity so you have people googling them, or they just clue in some people, or they're no better than easter eggs for many or in one case actually spoiled the story from the outset for some people. I think it was a show where someone had an Arabic or Hebrew name for "anti-christ" because, of course, no-one speaks two languages in the US...

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not going to read any of that but I agree with all of it

E: I read all of that and I think your comments about color are interesting, it's not something I really paid attention to before but now I'll have to go back and look at a few scenes, especially some in s3, and see if there's a narrative through line there

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 17, 2021

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Lol those Q followers are amateurs

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Small nitpicky question, when you say "Deputy Johnson", do you mean Andy (Brennan)?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Small nitpicky question, when you say "Deputy Johnson", do you mean Andy (Brennan)?

I think maybe I do. I'm terrible with names. I dunno where I got Johnson from, probably from badly reading a name of the wikipedia article and having it stick.

Also, I've been hoodwinked! This is all explicable by simply not believing in the easiest (mystical) bullshit I'm shown right on my television screen.

That being said, I do think there's something definitely going on with "psychic" mysteries, and allowing ourselves be open to them. Having seen the end of the immediate Leland story it feels like willingness to wonder on the "hidden" signs and messages can lead us down a path, but ultimately there's a "choice." (To me the show has come across very pro-people and very anti-psychiatry.)

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Johnson is Leo and Shelley's last-name, maybe you got those mixed up

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

Lol those Q followers are amateurs
Just wait until he gets to the secret code on the plane windows

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

eSporks posted:

Just wait until he gets to the secret code on the plane windows

She* (not that you could know.) But based on the two episodes I watched post Laura Palmer solving, I'm gonna go heavy on the idea that Lynch was saying there's huge mysterious forces in our life that might not be entirely dependable, but can drive certain insights, or life choices, or simply make you happier (or homocidal.) That The Major quoted, "There's more in heaven and hell..." (I think he said, "Hell" rather than "Earth" but I'm not certain on that,) means that even if these mysterious drivers and insights can never be settled in knowledge, they are open to us.

And what's more "open to us" than us actually seeing them portrayed right in our view on a box in the corner of our room, where we see these wild visions quite "real-ly."

Strangely, despite me earlier saying Lynch was going "anti-psychiatry" with his views on the One Armed Man (describing his haloperidol as "smelling heavy" and forcing him to forego the drugs to help Cooper) it's definitely a type of view that's becoming increasingly popular, even among doctors, as we see people learning to live and accept the value of their ("mad" aspects and their) different personalities (even if experiencing those personalities means certain amounts of "madness.") I think at some point, about someone, it's said, "In another place they could have been a shaman."

Mrenda fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 18, 2021

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe Cooper says that about the one-armed man in season 2 somewhere near episode 6 or 8

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Mrenda posted:

She* (not that you could know.)
My apologies. I definitely need to stop assuming everyone on the internet is a male.

I'm not sure its anti-psychiatry or anything as much as it's pro confronting your fears and dealing with your problems. A lot of it is very Freudian with themes of trauma and repression.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm really enjoying your posts. I hope you post through season 3 also, which in my mind is the most interesting season.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He's been driving awhile, I hope they have good coffee in that town, maybe some adequate pie too.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

RIP laura palmer :pray:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think there was a post here in what feels like a 100 years ago about Ivy Mike/nukes. Can anyone help me find it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I have this friend who's kind of crazy, who is unspoiled and working through the show and currently at s2e17, and he just....out of NOWHERE started talking about nuclear bombs.

He posted a picture of a mushroom cloud in Skype, and I was confused and wondering if he'd googled Twin Peaks and gotten spoiled. I ask why he posted it, and he merely said
"so is BOB a Surinam toad."

"??? Why did you post the bomb."'

"isn't it obvious? Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy. it's a little jumbled and jivey, but I might point out the first H-bomb test was codenamed Ivy MIKE. you expect me, the weapons fetishist, not to know my bombs? and how bob (Robert)'s name was chosen probably as a reference to Robert (j. oppenheimer)? plus BOB sounds so innocuous and goofy"

He's Quoting "Mairzy Doats," that song possessed Leland sings that makes the Horne brothers start dancing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B62P6Gm9jpE
:aaa: Okay okay. Is this a coincidence? Is this just my friend reaching with no real info and getting VERY close to the truth, or did he just blow open a new theory?

So I say, "What? Start over."
"BOB, the evil spirit, puts letters under dead peoples fingernails. those are in the process of spelling "Robert, or Robertson, indicating Leland, son of robert. Bob is short for Robert. Robert is the first name of oppenheimer, the famous nuclear scientist and "I am become death" quoter. going with the nuke theme, MIKE's name must be from IVY MIKE, the first H-Bomb. its exemplar as a triumph of hate as well as an antithesis of that naturalistic woodsy vibe twin peaks works on."

Then he started to talk about how cool he thinks nukes are, and I tried saying that nukes are Bad, on a fundamental and spiritual level. But I can hardly wait for him to catch up and see this past episode.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Okay thanks for the tips about The Straight Story. I'll be sure to see it.

And now Inland Empire's premise sounds very slightly like the initial premise of Marble Hornets, which while obviously not amazing or anything, I stayed with throughout the whole series because the creators were really good at making creepy audiovisual distortion when supernatural bullshit was afoot.

:iiam: . Probably not? But this past Monday, when he was halfway through season 2 and completely unspoiled about this season, my high-functioning schizophrenic friend theorized that Bob was connected to Robert Oppenheimer, and therefore Mike is also connected to nuclear bombs because of this IVY MIKE nuke and the fact that possessed Leland was singing a song with Ivy in the lyrics.
And if I know one thing for sure about David Lynch, it's that he'd put a lot of credence into the random tangential connections made by a crazy person.

Krinkle posted:

Maybe 200 pages ago someone said their friend was watching twin peaks season 1 and immediately said "oh this is all a nuclear war analogy" and the guy said "what do you mean" thinking he was being hosed with, as episode 8 just came out. It's the simplest explanation that he was hosed with.
Anyway I relayed those three things I remember: Bob is short for robert oppenheimer. Little lambs eat Ivy, mike the other killer, Ivy and Mike were "the first nuclear bomb tests" but at this point my friend disagrees with me, and looking it up, ivy mike is like eight years after the first nuclear bomb test. It's the first one that uses fusion?

And episode 8 was the 1945 bomb. Not the ivy mike bomb. I think that's grasping at straws, now, and not a real connection. Unless there's more and I forgot?Besides Sheriff Harry S. Truman.

kaworu posted:

First of all, I totally remember that post you quoted and it is CRAZY that someone was on that particular line of thinking just from watching season 2! But he really might be on to something, I mean, I was just reading the wikipedia page for Ivy Mike, and I am kinda blown away, mostly from looking at a picture of the "bomb", which was actually... It actually resembled a small building. ACTUALLY, it looks kind of like a an old filling station or, I think you say... Convenience store? It has these things that look like gas pumps as a part of the bomb/building.

That is a picture of "Ivy Mike" as it appeared before it was detonated. I know it's not a dead ringer for the "Convenience store", but still - drat. I think I sort of get part of why the "convenience store" was at the end of the epic nuclear explosion zoom-in, I think. No clue what it means or if it is meant to mean anything, but there is definitely something there - gotta be.

And thank you sooo much for the kind words And More, and for saving some of my posts for posterity in case this whole place were to go up in smoke (hopefully not it seems?) Your posts are totally fabulous too, of course! Heck, probably at least half of the wild theories I posted were inspired from you bringing up something cool/interesting, or pushing the discussion into new places :). This has easily been my favorite thread in the entire forums, to be honest, and it would have been drat sad to lose it. Actually, the one and only thing I did on the BnR forum was start a Lynch discussion thread where I posted his weather video every day.

I had thought about posting it every day in this thread but, well, David Lynch looking out the window and describing the weather every morning did not seem quite pertinent enough to the discussion, though maybe I am wrong! I do love watching his videos every morning. People in the comments are like "Well I don't live in LA so this isn't useful to me..." and I want to say "I live in LA and it's not exactly useful to me, either, I can just look out my window and get the same information!"

The whole thing is so fun and funny to me. I just love hearing David telling me that there WILL be "Golden Sunshine", and telling me to have a great day. It's a wonderful way to start each morning, and I love that he uploads every video from the same place, at the same time (6:50AM PST is when he uploads it) and always with the same objects on the desk, the same mug with hot black coffee and always with steam visibly curling off it... I love that he keeps that particular detail consistent but people don't seem to notice it in the comments, really :) They are all too enthralled with the joy of hearing David say "GOLDEN SUNSHINE", which is understandable.

The posts started up in 2017, right in the middle of that beautiful golden period where there was a new episode of NEW Twin Peaks almost every week :shobon:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 25, 2021

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

maybe put those in spoiler tags for the person more or less live tweeting their first time watching in this thread?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I took a break for a while to do other things (check out TBB Lit Thread if you want to find out) but now I'm up to episode 14 of season 2. I'm not sure of anyone from the production staff's involvement at this point, how much is David Lynch, how much is outlines from the start, how much is other stuff, and how much is the networks involvement. I feel like there's a couple of competing things in play, but, mostly

I get the feeling that post-Leland-solving the show was allowed to reset itself, or at least regroup. The stories of the other residents came more to the fore again, obviously so, in comparison to the headlong rush into solving "Twin Peaks" (and the Laura Palmer murder.) In showing different strands of the town it feels like the running-through-ness of symbology is a little looser, or a bit more lost, but the story-telling game has increased a little (except for James.) Watching Laura Palmer's case I wanted more loose story, but now watching what it is at the moment I want more of the solid imagination and meaning to a single thread. I guess that's the battle and divides that so much of the show has been about.

The one thing that really stands out, now that we're getting into the meat of Windom Earl is how "directed" the events and daily lives of Twin Peaks are. The most telling moment for me was when Dale Cooper was explaining to the Sheriff about the chess game he played with Windom, every day. How it all happened on the chessboard. It feels like it's pointing directly at the viewer, saying "It's all happening in the show," but the reality is the chessboard, although a focal point, is not the totality of what's happening with the murders, with Cooper, or, to tease it out, the show isn't all that's happening with the show, nor is all that's happening in your or my life limited to what we conceive of as happening. If Dale Cooper is David Lynch's mouthpiece, then he's saying that at some point he was entirely focused on the chessboard, and that to think beyond it is to know more. Which is where The White and Black Lodges come in. At some point we have to look at more than just what's in our media/shows/chess boards/narratives. At some point we'll be challenged and if we don't have the x-factor to us, then we'll have to deal with a destruction and so the consequences of our actions that Ed set out at a very early part of the show. I think Ben Horne is doing this right now. And it can range at any level from "what will I have for breakfast" to "should I have a child." Or in many of Twin Peak's residents' cases, "Should I murder someone?"

And I will say it's great to see Ed's story. It feels like Nadine is the only "real" teenager there, with her super-strength. Showing the possibility and vitality we have when we're young adults, and her at the point where she didn't go off and limit her life to Ed (and thus limit his life too.)

Anyway, I won't rabbit on and go into every precise detail. I think I've been burned by reading too deep into the mythology and not just thinking about grander (but not over-arching narrative-centred) meanings.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep posting updates if you please. Also you should expand on your thoughts about nadine/ed/Norma both as characters and your interpretation of their function in the plot. Just curious if you have any deeper readings

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Anyone who hasn't listened in a while.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk

We’re Watching All The Street Lights Fade
& Now You’re Just A Stranger’s Dream
I Took Your Picture From The Frame
& Though You’re Nothing Like You Seem
Your Shadow Fell Like Last Night’s Rain
For The Last Time

So Twin Peaks.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I still haven't finished off the second half of the movie, it just didn't have the same drive for me (and I could have binged the rest too much) but I'll get to it at some point, because it was interesting.

However, I'm here to ask how many other people have seen Psych (kind of a comedy detective show.) The only reason it works is because the characters are all having a blast off each other as they bounce what should be awkward humour off one another, except the writers make it play (for zero effort watching TV.) One of the things they do is take a lot of things from film and TV, and riff off them in their own unique way, especially as the seasons go on. In season 5 they did a Twin Peaks episode, with a mystery set in "Dual Spires." There's a load of Twin Peaks actors in it (including Sheryl Lee) and actors that were already in an episode of Psych who played characters in Twin Peaks reappear as their older Psych characters. It's basically a 40 minute show of never ending dumb references that if you watch Psych you'll enjoy, but if you only watched Twin Peaks I don't know what you'll take from it. The mystery is dumb as anything, the camera work isn't the same at all, but all the references are deep(ish.) An example, from the opening fifteen seconds of the show, the "Psychic" character is browsing the web and says to his partner, "Did you know some women back in the 90s invented 'silent window shades?'" And then it just keeps going from there.

If you've watched Psych and since watched Twin Peaks, it's worth going back to it (like me.) If you've just watched Twin Peaks then Season 5 Episode 12 of Psych might be worth watching to see how many dumb references a show can get directly into a Twin Peaks riff.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Anyway I thought it was kinda neat to discover that there is a Twin Peaks overlooking the Nevada Test Range

Probly just a coincidence though

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
Howdy Twin Peaks family, just wanted to direct your attention to an insanely cool custom Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me t-shirt by this person who mostly makes custom-designed Steely Dan t-shirts.

https://doublewonderful.com/collections/steelyyourdan/products/fire-walk-w-me-free-shipping-usa

I believe they're limited run, so make sure to jump on it if you think you'd like to have one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1379940429186150405

RIP to the Renault brothers :smith:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/status/1380219094738276352
:coffee:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The Clap posted:

Howdy Twin Peaks family, just wanted to direct your attention to an insanely cool custom Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me t-shirt by this person who mostly makes custom-designed Steely Dan t-shirts.

https://doublewonderful.com/collections/steelyyourdan/products/fire-walk-w-me-free-shipping-usa

I believe they're limited run, so make sure to jump on it if you think you'd like to have one.

$45 for a t-shirt lmao

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDhqN9VenY

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

If I’m looking to buy the series on Blu Ray (and not shell out for the Z to A set) would I be better off getting The Laura Palmer set with the Booper/Dougie Jones blus together, or the Criteriom Fire Walk with the Complete Television Blu?

Edit: I just ordered the first option. I need to own this series. I just started a friend group to do a run through of the show and once again I’m reminded of how much I love this poo poo.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 9, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I can think of no greater tribute to my life than David Lynch saying I'd be missed and then making a smooth segueway into updating on what the afternoon weather will be like o7

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Had a thought today. If you were going to get a Twin Peaks mural painted in a home theater what you would get it of (either one wall or entire theater)? The red curtains and white and black floor seem obvious but curious if anyone has any other cool ideas?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

A triptych of Bob climbing over the couch

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

insider posted:

Had a thought today. If you were going to get a Twin Peaks mural painted in a home theater what you would get it of (either one wall or entire theater)? The red curtains and white and black floor seem obvious but curious if anyone has any other cool ideas?

A painting of Andy Lucy and Wally.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

insider posted:

A giant machine releasing clouds of steam

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Pete with his fishing gear looking down at Laura on the shore, or the tight profile of Hawk, Truman, Coop, and doc Hayward.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Coop and Harry looking at the llama.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

BetterLekNextTime posted:

...the tight profile of Hawk, Truman, Coop, and doc Hayward.

I love that shot. Good call.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Just rewatched the Roadhouse performance of Axolotl because Charlyne Yi's performance was stuck in my head, and wow. That scene still hits like a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Coop and Truman sitting together smiling after Cooper realizes Harry has decided to be his backup :shobon: